Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 10/1/2003 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

Okay, I was skeptical after reading the reviews here...but danged if it didn't work fabulously for me! My lumpy, bumpy skin looked smooth as glass! I waited about 5-7 minutes before applying my foundation, and it just glided on. And stayed where it was supposed to all day. No shine, no grease...just lovely matte skin! A new HG!

on 9/27/2003 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is perfect for me! I don't use foundation but sometimes just need a little something to even out my skin tone or control a bit of shine. I have dry sensitive skin and this does not dry my skin out at all. This is just what I was looking for!

on 9/26/2003 10:07:00 PM

This product is perfect for people like me who go to a tanning salon. I use it after I moiturize. I use it as a "clear" foundation seeing as I have a tan I have no need for regular foundation. This evens out my skintone, and gives a nice matte finish.

on 9/24/2003 12:28:00 PM

This worked pretty well but not so much that I would re-purchase. I found that I needed to use more foundation whenever I put this on but I am not quite sure why and I didn't really minimize the look of my pores which is what I would want a primer to do.

on 9/6/2003 12:46:00 AM

I don't understand this product at all. Philosophy markets this as clear makeup as if it were some sort of miracle (Which it isn't). I can't believe I actually spent good money on a souped up moisturizer with no SPF, which in my book translates as USELESS. The texture is not terrible and I use it mainly at night just to use it up but I feel stupid for wasting my money. Please, don't waste yours it is no miracle and a moisturizer without sunscreen is, like I mentioned before, USELESS.

on 8/28/2003 10:21:00 AM

I have just started using this recently and I am truly happy with it. I have oily skin with occasional breakouts and this stuff makes my skin look smooth and flawless, and my BE mineral foundation goes on just wonderfully. My skin really just looks the best it has in years. Hopefully it won't make me break out like a lot of other things do. Then I will be truly bummed. *Update* It ended up breaking me out horribly so I won't be getting this again. Must be the silicones.

on 8/22/2003 2:38:00 AM

I use The Present as my makeup primer, and it works beautifully. You only have to use a tiny bit on a clean face, let it sit for about 2 minutes, and your makeup is ready to go on so smoothly. The Present has made a huge difference in the way my Bare Minerals goes on, and stays looking fresh. Highly recommend if you are looking for an excellent primer!

on 7/25/2003 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This product has a good texture and it does make your face look smoother with a matte texture, but if you have terrible acne like mine it might make you break out into fine little bumps all over. Not recommended for acne-prone skin even though it says it doesn't clog pores.

on 7/24/2003 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have used three different primers: Smashbox primer, Laura Geller Spackle, and then I tried The Present. The Present has worked the best for me. What I want a primer to do is to keep my makeup in place. I want my foundation/concealer to last the whole day, and I think The Present does it. I do have dry skin, and I see that some of the other reviewers with oily skin have had less luck with it. This is ironic in that I think Philosophy markets it a bit more to the oily skin crowd! However, for this dry, sensitive skin gal, it works very well. My only small complaint is that the tube is a little hard to control the quantity of what squirts out (and, you don't need much of it per use). But overall, I really like this. Be sure to let it set for two minutes, as they say, if you use it. Oh, yes! It also minimizes pores. Hooray!

on 7/19/2003 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After applying this to my freshly washed face I waited 2 minutes and applied it very thinly and sparsley as directed. I positivley SHONE within 2 hours! As for making my skin smoother it did do that(if you could call an oil slick soft!)At $25 for 2 oz. it is too pricey. For oiley,acne-prone skin- Joey of New York Pure Pores Moisturizer with Ginseng is a much better bet. Philosophy should be fined for fraud for passing this off as a moisturizer for "all skin types." It would probably be fine for someone with dry skin. For all of these reasons I give it 1 lipstick. For my complexion's and my wallet's sakes I will stay FAR away from this product in the future!

Popular Primer/ Correctors