Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 9/6/2003 12:46:00 AM

I don't understand this product at all. Philosophy markets this as clear makeup as if it were some sort of miracle (Which it isn't). I can't believe I actually spent good money on a souped up moisturizer with no SPF, which in my book translates as USELESS. The texture is not terrible and I use it mainly at night just to use it up but I feel stupid for wasting my money. Please, don't waste yours it is no miracle and a moisturizer without sunscreen is, like I mentioned before, USELESS.

on 8/28/2003 10:21:00 AM

I have just started using this recently and I am truly happy with it. I have oily skin with occasional breakouts and this stuff makes my skin look smooth and flawless, and my BE mineral foundation goes on just wonderfully. My skin really just looks the best it has in years. Hopefully it won't make me break out like a lot of other things do. Then I will be truly bummed. *Update* It ended up breaking me out horribly so I won't be getting this again. Must be the silicones.

on 8/22/2003 2:38:00 AM

I use The Present as my makeup primer, and it works beautifully. You only have to use a tiny bit on a clean face, let it sit for about 2 minutes, and your makeup is ready to go on so smoothly. The Present has made a huge difference in the way my Bare Minerals goes on, and stays looking fresh. Highly recommend if you are looking for an excellent primer!

on 7/25/2003 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This product has a good texture and it does make your face look smoother with a matte texture, but if you have terrible acne like mine it might make you break out into fine little bumps all over. Not recommended for acne-prone skin even though it says it doesn't clog pores.

on 7/24/2003 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have used three different primers: Smashbox primer, Laura Geller Spackle, and then I tried The Present. The Present has worked the best for me. What I want a primer to do is to keep my makeup in place. I want my foundation/concealer to last the whole day, and I think The Present does it. I do have dry skin, and I see that some of the other reviewers with oily skin have had less luck with it. This is ironic in that I think Philosophy markets it a bit more to the oily skin crowd! However, for this dry, sensitive skin gal, it works very well. My only small complaint is that the tube is a little hard to control the quantity of what squirts out (and, you don't need much of it per use). But overall, I really like this. Be sure to let it set for two minutes, as they say, if you use it. Oh, yes! It also minimizes pores. Hooray!

on 7/19/2003 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After applying this to my freshly washed face I waited 2 minutes and applied it very thinly and sparsley as directed. I positivley SHONE within 2 hours! As for making my skin smoother it did do that(if you could call an oil slick soft!)At $25 for 2 oz. it is too pricey. For oiley,acne-prone skin- Joey of New York Pure Pores Moisturizer with Ginseng is a much better bet. Philosophy should be fined for fraud for passing this off as a moisturizer for "all skin types." It would probably be fine for someone with dry skin. For all of these reasons I give it 1 lipstick. For my complexion's and my wallet's sakes I will stay FAR away from this product in the future!

on 7/8/2003 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have to be honest and say that this product didn't do anything for my skin. I love Philosophy's loose mineral foundation called Complete Me but using The Present as a primer just didn't seem to improve how it looked or how long it lasted. I did try waiting 10-15 minutes after applying it to see if it made a difference and it was exactly the same. So far this summer I would say I have tried 5 different primers and keep going back to DHV Velvet Skin as the best one.

on 7/7/2003 10:51:00 PM

OK. I think I have finally found the right one! After mixed reviews of this product, I decided to give it a try. I bought it for $25 plus tax, which I think is pretty cheap. I mean, after all a little of this product goes a long...LONG way. I can probablly use it for a while. Anyway, after putting on the stuff, I waited for 5 mins before putting on other things. I have to say my t-zone stayed matte matte matte! This is great...I've bought lots of other products that say "stay matte all day" but never worked. However, this one is the real deal. I think the downside is the product kinda made my t-zone feel dry...which just mean I need a little bit of moisturizer before putting it on.

on 6/18/2003 4:46:00 PM

I bought this product because I was looking for a decent makeup base. I suppose I expected miracles, but ended up with tragedy. It was supposed to ease my makeup application and made it streaky, cakey and difficult! Smelled nice, like lavender, but if there's no beneficial purpose for putting something on your face, what's the point? I still have a full tube and wish I never bought it!

on 6/5/2003 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

after searching for "the" face primer i was ready to give up, but i decided to give this a try and im so glad i did. it left my skin really nice and soft and smooth. it worked nicely with all of my foundations, and a little goes a very long way. i wouldnt be surprised if this tube lasts a year. for the money its worth it, and im extra happy since i got a brand new tube for 1/4th the price off ebay :) would purchase at regular price again though :)