October 2, 2014 | 1728 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2003 7:54:00 PM More reviews by valeriein

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has a good texture and it does make your face look smoother with a matte texture, but if you have terrible acne like mine it might make you break out into fine little bumps all over. Not recommended for acne-prone skin even though it says it doesn't clog pores.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2003 11:42:00 AM More reviews by KarenPie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used three different primers: Smashbox primer, Laura Geller Spackle, and then I tried The Present. The Present has worked the best for me. What I want a primer to do is to keep my makeup in place. I want my foundation/concealer to last the whole day, and I think The Present does it. I do have dry skin, and I see that some of the other reviewers with oily skin have had less luck with it. This is ironic in that I think Philosophy markets it a bit more to the oily skin crowd! However, for this dry, sensitive skin gal, it works very well. My only small complaint is that the tube is a little hard to control the quantity of what squirts out (and, you don't need much of it per use). But overall, I really like this. Be sure to let it set for two minutes, as they say, if you use it. Oh, yes! It also minimizes pores. Hooray!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2003 12:56:00 PM More reviews by meshon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After applying this to my freshly washed face I waited 2 minutes and applied it very thinly and sparsley as directed. I positivley SHONE within 2 hours! As for making my skin smoother it did do that(if you could call an oil slick soft!)At $25 for 2 oz. it is too pricey. For oiley,acne-prone skin- Joey of New York Pure Pores Moisturizer with Ginseng is a much better bet. Philosophy should be fined for fraud for passing this off as a moisturizer for "all skin types." It would probably be fine for someone with dry skin. For all of these reasons I give it 1 lipstick. For my complexion's and my wallet's sakes I will stay FAR away from this product in the future!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2003 9:24:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to be honest and say that this product didn't do anything for my skin. I love Philosophy's loose mineral foundation called Complete Me but using The Present as a primer just didn't seem to improve how it looked or how long it lasted. I did try waiting 10-15 minutes after applying it to see if it made a difference and it was exactly the same. So far this summer I would say I have tried 5 different primers and keep going back to DHV Velvet Skin as the best one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2003 10:51:00 PM More reviews by alice815

OK. I think I have finally found the right one! After mixed reviews of this product, I decided to give it a try. I bought it for $25 plus tax, which I think is pretty cheap. I mean, after all a little of this product goes a long...LONG way. I can probablly use it for a while. Anyway, after putting on the stuff, I waited for 5 mins before putting on other things. I have to say my t-zone stayed matte matte matte! This is great...I've bought lots of other products that say "stay matte all day" but never worked. However, this one is the real deal. I think the downside is the product kinda made my t-zone feel dry...which just mean I need a little bit of moisturizer before putting it on.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2003 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Lambchop1219

I bought this product because I was looking for a decent makeup base. I suppose I expected miracles, but ended up with tragedy. It was supposed to ease my makeup application and made it streaky, cakey and difficult! Smelled nice, like lavender, but if there's no beneficial purpose for putting something on your face, what's the point? I still have a full tube and wish I never bought it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2003 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Amie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

after searching for "the" face primer i was ready to give up, but i decided to give this a try and im so glad i did. it left my skin really nice and soft and smooth. it worked nicely with all of my foundations, and a little goes a very long way. i wouldnt be surprised if this tube lasts a year. for the money its worth it, and im extra happy since i got a brand new tube for 1/4th the price off ebay :) would purchase at regular price again though :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2003 11:13:00 PM More reviews by desida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am overwhelmed by how beautiful this makes my skin look. I put a little bit on in the morning and my face remains smooth and completely matte all day - no more shiny forehead or greasy chin, even many hours later! I haven't tried it with foundation yet, just by itself, but my skin looks radiant and feels soft and lovely. What an excellent product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2003 9:26:00 PM More reviews by deecee99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like this one a lot! I wear it over the top of an application of Hope in a Jar. Keeps my face nice and matte - no shiny spots, no breakouts. I will probably use this instead of my moisturizer when the temps start to go up (summer).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2003 3:45:00 PM More reviews by moomooprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS!!! I have never had a primer do what it says it will. This product evens out my skin so that my foundation does not sink into my pores or fine lines. I would recommend allowing it time to dry (aprx. 5 minutes) but works great all day long! I will recommend this to everyone!