October 23, 2014 | 915 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Valentyne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

***Click Continued for pic.*** For reference, I'm NW10-15.
General description: this is a shimmery, light cream colored powder that gives a beautiful glow w/o going OOT. I find it appropriate for work, if used in moderation, and I work in a profession that encourages minimal mu use. The powder itself is very finely milled, and the packaging is the usual black rubber Nars compact. Like most Nars blushes (though this is a highlighter, not a blush), a little goes a long way so you get quite a lot for your money.
Final Verdict: I would definitely repurchase if I ever need to, but I can't imagine ever using all of this. I held off on purchasing this for years, b/c I own several highlighters and thought "how unique can this be?", but now I'm sorry I waited so long! I think it's a great way to add some dimension to your face and avoid looking flat, w/o looking like a teenager/club kid. Also, I have some visible pores on my cheeks and this doesn't settle in to them which is rare IME for a shimmery powder. I would highly recommend Albatross to those with medium to light skin, and might just recommend trying before buying to those with darker skin tones simply b/c it is quite light and I'm not sure if it would give a chalky look on darker skin.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by jennifer1979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the first NARS products I bought - in a blush duo with orgasm blush powder. I hav tried many highlighters, ranging from drugstore (revlon skinlights) to high end (estee lauder, MAC mineralize skinfinishes...) and a lot in between, but this is the one I feel is the most easy to work with. It can even be applied with fingers (most NARS products are apparently formulated to be used like this) or a brush and buffed out to give a beautifully subtle golden sheen to the skin. I believe this would work well with most skintones. Also seems quite versatile - I use this as a brow highlighter and in the inner corner of the eye with great results, and it can also be used to sweep over a blush that has gone on too strong to soften the effect (Nico also works well for this, giving slightly less of a highlighting effect...) HG for me x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by UrbanHibiscus

I like this highlighter, esp over bronzer or bronzey blushes -- has a sheen rather than obvious glitter or particles falling out. Very versatile product -- can be used on browbone and inner corners of eyes. prob works on many skin tones as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by tsunamino

Most fantastic highlighter I've ever used! Prior to this, I was using Benefit's 10 (see profile pic) every day, but decided I wanted something that gave more sheen. This was absolutely perfect. You can use this light gold highlighter on top of just about any blush and it gives you a perfect glow. I haven't experienced that robotic look that comes from using too much, but I use several swipes so I can't imagine how much you would need to use in order to achieve that effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by LaurenP83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the best products I've ever purchased. I wear it every day - by itself and with other products. Makes my skin absolutely glow. I don't think I could ever be without my albatross.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 2:24:00 AM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*love* Albatross! Highlights like a dream - not shimmery, not sparkly, just perfectly candlelit and natural. Reflects light so beautifully. A make-up collection must-have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Tigrou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a genius product. Up until now, I had always used a creme based highlighter in stick form. I love the look of highlighter on top of cheek bones, under the brow, and in the corner of the eye. I decided to try this powder highlighter and I am just amazed at how beautiful it looks. It gives skin a glow that is not possible from a creme highlighter. Creme highlighters tend to sit on the skin while this product gives a glow that seems to come from within. I use a small blush brush to apply it, and then buff it into the skin. The result is a golden glow that is just gorgeous, subtle yet very effective. The price is a bit high, but compared to other highlighters it is correct. I would recommend this product to anyone as it is flawless with the proper application. LOVE IT!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by harls321

I tried this in the Bridal Palette and I love it! It gives a golden sheen to the skin. Very subtle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've got many highlighters and to be honest there's not really one comparable to this in finish on the skin.

The shimmer is a sparkly yellow tone. But it's not too glittery. It's one of those colours that are flattering to all skin colour (I believe). In the pan it looks like it'd be suitable on fair skin only but I also used it on my mum (whos quite tan) and it's goes on like a dream on her. Gives her a healthy sheen.

Soooooo expensive. I'd still buy it when I run out though. =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2008 5:34:00 AM More reviews by niseixtenshi

Finally....the perfect highlighter. This compact makes my face glow - without the oily effect. This can be used over any blush color to give it that extra "umph..."

Worth every penny....