December 21, 2014 | 1754 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2009 2:21:00 AM More reviews by pennylane

I love this! Its expensive - but you get what you pay for... As others have mentioned its not sparkly at all, it gives a gorgeous natural glow and is a must have! I would repurchase this for sure, I'm only sorry I didn't buy it sooner!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 7:36:00 PM More reviews by angel111

I love every NARS product that I have tried and this highlighter is no exception.
I have pale skin and many highlighters are too dark for me, but this stuff is perfect. And it isn't overly glitter like alot of highlighters...it just gives you a pretty glow. This is HG for me!
I highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Trinity675

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

(Sigh)

Amazing!!! I love this stuff!! It was way better than I expected, even after reading all of these rave reviews. I'm pretty pale, so I mostly use highlighter and blush: bronzer isn't something I use. I used to use a Smashbox highlighter (in a bottle, I think it was called Artificial Light). It was a creamy irridescent white liquid, and I pretty much used up the whole bottle, though it took a year or two.

But I was looking for something different, and not a liquid. My skin's been more oily lately, so I was thinking a powder would be nice. I've never regretted anything I got from Nars, so I though I would check this out.

First off, the pictures and swatches both on here and on the website don't do it justice: it looks almost purely white in the pics. However, in person, it is a very, very soft white/champagne/golden color. It is beautiful applied: it really does look like candlelight! The shimmer is so fine that you can barely see it: only if you get a few inches away from your face. It just gives you a sheen, not glittery at all!! I use a fluffy blush brush to apply to cheekbones and a smaller fluffy eye shadow brush to apply to the cupids bow. You can put it lightly or build it up for night time. The color is phenomenal. Just what I was looking for!!

It is Nars, so you have to pay, but I can't see running out of this in less than a couple of years because you use such a small amount each time. I love this stuff!! For those of you who are really pale, too, this may be just what you were looking for!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Valentyne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

***Click Continued for pic.*** For reference, I'm NW10-15.
General description: this is a shimmery, light cream colored powder that gives a beautiful glow w/o going OOT. I find it appropriate for work, if used in moderation, and I work in a profession that encourages minimal mu use. The powder itself is very finely milled, and the packaging is the usual black rubber Nars compact. Like most Nars blushes (though this is a highlighter, not a blush), a little goes a long way so you get quite a lot for your money.
Final Verdict: I would definitely repurchase if I ever need to, but I can't imagine ever using all of this. I held off on purchasing this for years, b/c I own several highlighters and thought "how unique can this be?", but now I'm sorry I waited so long! I think it's a great way to add some dimension to your face and avoid looking flat, w/o looking like a teenager/club kid. Also, I have some visible pores on my cheeks and this doesn't settle in to them which is rare IME for a shimmery powder. I would highly recommend Albatross to those with medium to light skin, and might just recommend trying before buying to those with darker skin tones simply b/c it is quite light and I'm not sure if it would give a chalky look on darker skin.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by jennifer1979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the first NARS products I bought - in a blush duo with orgasm blush powder. I hav tried many highlighters, ranging from drugstore (revlon skinlights) to high end (estee lauder, MAC mineralize skinfinishes...) and a lot in between, but this is the one I feel is the most easy to work with. It can even be applied with fingers (most NARS products are apparently formulated to be used like this) or a brush and buffed out to give a beautifully subtle golden sheen to the skin. I believe this would work well with most skintones. Also seems quite versatile - I use this as a brow highlighter and in the inner corner of the eye with great results, and it can also be used to sweep over a blush that has gone on too strong to soften the effect (Nico also works well for this, giving slightly less of a highlighting effect...) HG for me x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by UrbanHibiscus

I like this highlighter, esp over bronzer or bronzey blushes -- has a sheen rather than obvious glitter or particles falling out. Very versatile product -- can be used on browbone and inner corners of eyes. prob works on many skin tones as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by tsunamino

Most fantastic highlighter I've ever used! Prior to this, I was using Benefit's 10 (see profile pic) every day, but decided I wanted something that gave more sheen. This was absolutely perfect. You can use this light gold highlighter on top of just about any blush and it gives you a perfect glow. I haven't experienced that robotic look that comes from using too much, but I use several swipes so I can't imagine how much you would need to use in order to achieve that effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by LaurenP83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the best products I've ever purchased. I wear it every day - by itself and with other products. Makes my skin absolutely glow. I don't think I could ever be without my albatross.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 2:24:00 AM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*love* Albatross! Highlights like a dream - not shimmery, not sparkly, just perfectly candlelit and natural. Reflects light so beautifully. A make-up collection must-have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Tigrou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a genius product. Up until now, I had always used a creme based highlighter in stick form. I love the look of highlighter on top of cheek bones, under the brow, and in the corner of the eye. I decided to try this powder highlighter and I am just amazed at how beautiful it looks. It gives skin a glow that is not possible from a creme highlighter. Creme highlighters tend to sit on the skin while this product gives a glow that seems to come from within. I use a small blush brush to apply it, and then buff it into the skin. The result is a golden glow that is just gorgeous, subtle yet very effective. The price is a bit high, but compared to other highlighters it is correct. I would recommend this product to anyone as it is flawless with the proper application. LOVE IT!!