July 24, 2014 | 1795 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by susjs

Gotta give this little pink peep some love! I had been using Sonia Kashuk's version, at half the price, and whilst that was perfectly fine in the short term, it definitely showed wear and tear quickly and began to crumble on me. Not such a bargain in the long-term. Whilst a ridiculous wad of money for a sponge--this actually gives a more natural, skin-like finish and achieves it quicker than any foundation brush I've ever tried. I dampen it slightly and blot in a towel until it's almost dry, apply a little blob of foundation to the back of my hand and dip the BB in that; then lightly bounce it onto my skin. The pointed end is perfect for blending concealer or touching up under eyes and around the nose, chin, etc. I've successfully cleaned it with a gentle shampoo [just use less than you think you need, otherwise it takes forever to rinse the soap out.] I've been using mine for over a month and it looks brand new--anything that performs this well is a worthwhile investment, especially if like me you prefer a natural no-makeup look to your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by nickitraylor

I got this from a fellow MUAer who didn't like it. I REALLY REALLY like it EXCEPT....I can't get it clean!! I use maybelline superstay makeup and it stays on the sponge like nobody's business! I use liquid soap- just bought dr bronners so maybe that will help. That being said... I love how my foundation goes on! It doesnt' seem to use more foundation than normal (others complaint). I will definitely buy this again and am so grateful to the MUAer who gave it to me to try!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by glam21

So, this product is great! Like another reviewer had mentioned, which I give her a million thanks.. is that if you live in Canada, try the London Look Precision Sponge first! It's the exact same look with just a more pale pink colour and it's only $9.00! Love both of these sponges for amazing flawless application. Also, Shopper's Drugmart carries the "Quo Deluxe Foundation Sponge" and it's a big oval padded elastic-y type sponge, and it's so high-quality for $2.50

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this from my BFF Raena and i totally LOVE this sponge. I must admit that i never like anything like brushes or sponges..just used my fingers BUT this item make SUCH BIG difference to my make up. My skin & make up looks so much better. I LOVE it and will buy again for sure. THANK YOU RAENA

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 6:04:00 AM More reviews by tangerinna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm quite torn on this product.

First and foremost, my foundation is absolutely flawless with practically no effort when I use this product. I've so far used it with MUFE HD, YSL Perfect Touch and Laura Mercier (wet/dry) Powder Foundation. With all 3, absolutely perfect looking face.

The downside, I wind up using 2x the product that I normally do if I use my fingers (MUFE), brush (YSL) or a puff (LM).

Now for the pointy part of the egg.... Concealer!!!!!!! ahhhhhh. I have a love / hate relationship with this necessary monster. My normal concealer (MUFE) has it's little plastic applicator which I'm used to, but when I need more coverage, I go for my Benefit Erase Paste which is anything but user friendly!!! With this concealer I always look, now matter how I apply it (warmed and thinned, fingers or brush), 10 years older by lunchtime. I gave it a go with the pointy end of the egg and OH MY!!!! Perfection!

Honestly, I would give this product 6 lippies if I could if all that mattered was the end result of my foundation and concealer, but the amount of product wasted would bring my rating to a 3 (at most). I've gone with a 4 although I would buy it again. I definitely don't plan on using this every day, but for when I need to look extra perfect (photos, special evening), I will be using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by acates715

Finally broke down and bought this..and I am SO glad i did! I've been using mineral makeup for years and was thinking about going back to liquid but hated the cakey finish you sometimes get if you use a heavier formulation for coverage. Bought the sponge, and used alittle liquid foundation that my 12 year old daughter had (very light coverage) and i couldn't believe how soft and airbrushed my skin looked..without a heavy feel or look at all! And the coverage was amazing! I ordered some MUF HD foundation (which I haven't recieved yet) and I can't wait to try it with this (since it is a heavier coverage foundation then what my daughter has) Im thinking with alittle heavier covereage foundation...Im gonna look like an airbrushed Goddess with NO imperfections lol! This sponge is great..so glad I fell for all the good reviews I read here..they were right!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by bellydancer

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm really liking my beautyblender pink egg sponges. I wet one in water when I get up in the morning, squeeze it out. Then when I do my makeup, I put a dot of makeup on my cheeks, eyelids, forehead, etc. Then I bounce the sponge all over it. I haven't used the pointed end for anything yet. But, it really spreads the makeup all around, I get good coverage, and it looks airbrushed. It looks like my skin, but with no imperfections. I use one egg one day and then use the other egg the next day-- to give them a good chance to dry out between uses. A dry sponge is not making bacteria. I did not buy the cleanser, but have been using Dr. Bronner's which I read here does the same thing. Also, I had no packaging issues-- my two sponges came packed in a small round container-- no spikey things, no problems.

Edited to add two weeks later--- these things are FRAGILE. I already have a crack in mine just from careful washing. FRAGILE!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

Saw makeupbytiffanyd and makeupgeek on youtube use this, and I decided to give it a try. Got it in the mail yesterday and used it this morning and I really like the results. I used it damp as suggested and I bounce it around my face in a stippling motion. Works great with a heavier foundation (laura mercier's silk creme foundation). Gives a nice even coverage that looks very natural. I use very little product and yet it still gives good coverage to even out my skintone. What I love most about this sponge, is using it for my undereye concealer. It just blends in really well and looks more natural than a concealer brush or patting it in with my fingertips. And it doesn't take away from the coverage. Love this and won't be using anything else

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by stellarfungi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Where has this been all my life?! I've always had a lot of problems applying foundation, no matter what I used, whether it was a regular makeup sponge, a foundation brush, or my fingers. The only tool I hadn't tried yet was a stippling brush. The Beautyblender blows everything I've tried out of the park, and then some. There isn't much I can say about it that hasn't already been said - this magenta sponge is AMAZING.

I've amassed what seems like enough foundation samples to cover the whole United States military, and I tried the Beautyblender with a few of them. Without the Beautyblender, no matter WHAT I did, foundation just looks cakey and very obvious on my skin. With the Beautyblender, foundations I never would have dreamed of wearing out of the house apply perfectly. I wouldn't say that this makes crappy foundations good - some are just poor quality. But it certainly makes good ones better. Run it under warm water until it inflates, squeeze the water out, dot foundation all over your face and bounce the Beautyblender until everything is buffed in. It could hardly be any easier. The reason why it works so well is that the bouncing deposits pigment evenly across your face without exfoliating your flakes up to the surface the way rubbing with fingers, regular sponges, or brushes would. I'll never go back to any other application method again.

I was skeptical about paying so much for a sponge, but it's well worth it.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've always used my fingers or brushes to blend but I decided to try this sponge. It's awesome! I couldn't believe what a huge difference it made, both in ease of blending and how much better my makeup looked! It may seem a little expensive at first but trust me, it's well worth it. It's easy to use, just dampen it slightly and use it to stipple on whatever product you like, or to blend. Awesome!