October 31, 2014 | 849 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this. I've tried every other method of application and on me, the beautyblender works best for a flawless, airbrushed effect. Believe the hype! It does need to be washed with the special soap once a week, or you could probably just use a gentle shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by lilblue10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually wasn't expecting much when purchasing it, but I always have a hard time with my foundation because I have a lot of acne scars and big pores. My skin is just really hard to work with overall, I can't never get the perfect,flawless application I so want. I thought my Sigma F80 was working pretty well but got a little bored so I thought why not try this. I bought the 2 pack because its way cheaper that way and figured that if I didnt like it I could always swap the unused one. Turns out I love it, seriously I know its just a sponge but there is something MAGIC about it. My Revlon Colorstay look flawless when I apply it with the BB. I think it works better with thicker liquid foundation because I've tried it with my Mac Studio Sculpt ( which is a gel ) and its awful lol. But I mostly wear full coverage foundations which are generally thicker so its not a problem to me. I'm so glad I tried it and won't ever be without it again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I recently ordered this. I ordered the pack of 2 sponges & the cleanser & have used it for the past 3 days. I noticed since I started using it I haven't wanted to reach for a brush to apply my foundation. I like the way it applies.It's really bouncy & you can really build the coverage lovely. It covers all my acne scarring better than when I apply with a brush. There are some things I don't like about it though. I don't like that I have to clean it after each use(I clean my brushes every 2to3 sometimes even 4 uses). It takes A LOT of the cleanser to fully clean the makeup off the sponge & the cleanser is kind of pricey. It's my first sponge so I'm not sure if its really worth the money. One sponge is $20 which is why I bought the pack of 2 because it came with cleanser, I thought that was a better deal. I plan on trying cheaper sponges & updating this review because $20 is pricey for a sponge.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by nobunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

well, i will start out by saying that yes, this is a very nice sponge and it really does give a super lovely application and finish. there's a white undyed version too if you have sensitive skin. BUT i have major gripes.

first of all, in my experience, it doesn't use less product than other sponges. i use about 1.5 to 2 pumps to do my whole face with brushes. with this sponge it is like... 4 to 5. currently, i'm using pretty expensive foundation and i really don't like the idea of replacing them in double time. even though i don't wear it every day, it's still annoying.

second is cleaning. i feel like i can never get this clean. not just that the foundation stains it, but that i can SEE foundation in the sponge and i just cannot get it out. i always clean with cold water and baby shampoo, and i will soak things for a couple hours if they are really stubbornly caked (looking at you, kabuki brush..) however, i let this soak for a FULL NIGHT which has never NOT worked before. even the most grease paint, lacquered up brush usually at least gives way to the soak. this didn't seem to do much to the sponge.. maybe cos it's a sponge, i don't know.

anyways i will surely use mine occasionally for cream blushes, highlighters, and maybe foundation occasionally.. but i wouldn't recommend this to a friend. maybe having the blendercleanser makes a difference, but i heard it shouldn't. i don't really care to buy it and see. i would also recommend just getting a nice brush or two and learning to use them. i don't pay more than 30 dollars for my brushes and with careful selection, they all work pretty well, so i don't really like the idea of someone shelling out almost the same price for a replaceable sponge.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by adriann1973

Ok i bought the Target Sonia Kashuk sponge and used it for a year and I LOVED it...then my 4 year old daughter walked off with it never to be found again. The next time I had some spare money I splurged (i had been wanting it for a year but $20??? for a sponge??) and well....I love it. It's way softer than the target sponge and gives a beautiful airbrush finish. I've only tried it with liquid foundations

The only cons are the price (obviously), the ability to clean it (I didn't get the cleanser...Im cheap) and the fact that I've got 2-3 tears in it alraedy and had it less than 2 months. Still,...I love it...will buy another

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Total piece of crap. Got rid of it after a few days of use. And I actually read the instructions and watched youtube videos of people applying foundation with the BB before trying myself. Pink dye made me break out first day of use, and I hadn't changed anything else in my foundation routine. As soon as I stopped using the BB, breakout cleared up! Foundation looks amazing right after applying with the BB, but at the end of the day, OH MY GOD. I was so embarrassed---most of my foundation was just gone and was blotchy, like I'm too cheap to own a proper foundation brush. Horrible product and way too expensive for something that needs to be replaced over and over again. And people with sensitive skin, please proceed with caution. Returned back to Sephora and purchased a Sephora #56 Airbrush for $34.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Azzurra87

Just to start off, i had seen this product everywhere on the internet, i was a bit sceptical as it looked a bit gimici because it was pink and the shape was very cute. But i watched counteless reviews on youtube, and thought why not, just buy it and try it even though it is a bit expensive. Anyway i recieved my beauty blender and i love it!!! There is no other product like it, you cant compare any brush or any other sponge to it. It Applies Makeup so smoothly and so natrually i just love it so much!!!!!

JUST A LITTLE MESSAGE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE DISSING THIS CUTE SPONGE. YOU OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THE BEAUTY BLENDER AND DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!

This is a great product, one little tip use cold water to wash with clenser not hot water ;) this will make the colour stay much longer. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by andali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know it os expensive, but totally worth it. After 3 years I finally gave in and all i can say it's WOW !!!! My foundation looks flawless( Sonia Kashuk luminous foundation) Gave me perfect coverage, it looks flawless.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I did not find this to be worth the price. Although I don't wear foundation, I do use liquid concealer where needed, and I thought might be a better application tool than my MAC 130. It isn't, however, so I am returning this to ebeauty.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by ElleBerry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never write reviews on here but I just had to share how much I love the beautyblender, in case it helps someone else discover it! I have very dry, sensitive skin, that can sometimes break out with the wrong products, and also flushes easily (fun I know). I have never been happy with the way my foundation looks, even though I have tried 20+ brands and all sorts of brushes and sponges (and hands). I was reasonably happy with the MAC stippling brush, but as my skin has become more dry, I found that stippling on my foundation was making my skin look flaky and cakey. I was so upset, I didn't know else to try. After reading the reviews on MUA, I decided to purchase the beautyblender online. I was so skeptical, because nothing ever works for me, but I am so pleased to say that this little sponge applies my liquid foundation so well, it blends right into my skin, it's easy to apply lightly or layer for fuller coverage, and it doesn't flake or upset my dry sensitive skin. Make sure you watch the how-to video and dampen the sponge before use. The beautyblender makes my cheap Almay foundation look smooth and even, I love it. Definitely give it a try if you are like me and have always had trouble applying foundation. (I understand some reviewers say it is 'nothing special' but that is probably because they are already super skilled at applying foundation - this is a fabulous tool for amateurs like me!)

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No