August 22, 2014 | 1143 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by ginasuicide

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ugh.. this stuff is so disgusting. not to mention a pain. measuring, mixing, applying, but i rather do that then wash it off.. its like washing dirt off your face. last time i used i thought i would vomit.. I went back to Mary Kay formula #3 . same benefits only in a tube and smooth. off to swap this stuff went, im glad it found a home.

also wanted to mention.. did not see any benefits from it either. not in skin clearing or anything else. first time i noticed blackheads on nose lessened but not after the remaining times.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by sakuraface

this mask dries like stone on your face!!! hahaha- and it DEFINITELY pulsates like the campany says. i just use it with water because the smell of it mixed with apple cider vinegar on my face is way too strong! With water its a lot better though. As for how well it works, my face definitely feels clean once I wash it all off, despite looking like a tomato- which lasts about 30 minutes just like it says on the container. Overall, the company is true to their words- it does everything it says it will on the back and it lasts FOREVER! The clay has many other uses but i just use it as a mask ive had it for months now but you can hardly tell!! I would definitely agree that this is te worlds most powerful facial mask hahaha

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by sunnyfuusunflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I bought this product the other day and used it last night for the first time. I mixed it with apple cider vinegar as the directions suggest to do and left it on my face for 15min. At times I felt like the mask was pulsating, like the company claims it does, and the mask became very tight on my face as it dried. I didn't see much of a difference in the blackheads on my nose, which is what I had hoped it would've got rid of, however, much to my surprise the tiny laugh line that I have had since I was 18 diminished significantly. I was not expecting that at all. My face did feel nice after I used it and I didn't experience any redness.

**UPDATE** I used this again this week and it did end up turning my face a bit red, but it disappeared in about 25-30 min. This is a really nice mask but a little annoying to mix together. I would recommend only using this product once a week unless you have very oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 11:02:00 AM More reviews by PharmDCrys

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So if you look at my other reviews, they're dedicated to all things acne, lol...absolute bane of my existence. I've been dealing with it since the ripe age of 12, and have used pretty much everything known to man, including bimonthly TCA peels and 4 rounds of Accutane (yeah it was that bad). Now, at 27 years old, I'm still fighting, though not as much. I get monthly hormonal acne, as of late, it's been super concentrated around my jawline and chin. I have the occasional cheek and forehead (I think those are pretty much controlled with NuvaRing and Nature's Cure) , but the bottom of my face is the worst, with those flesh-toned underskin bumps that just won't budge.

I revisited Aztec Secret after reading threads on my other beauty boards. I had half a tub under my sink, so I pulled it and some ACV out. It was exactly as I remembered it, easy to mix, smooth, mousse-like consistency, dried rock hard in about 20 minutes. I washed it off and applied the BP that's included in my Nature's Cure package and went to bed. The next morning, my skin showed noticeable improvement. I looked less congested, and some very problematic pimples were a bit smaller. I ended up using the mask 2 more nights in a row with consistent improvement each time. And I will continue to use it nightly until everything is cleared up. It may be too harsh for some people to use it that way, but my skin is extraordinarily tough, lol...definitely a keeper in my book!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2008 12:37:00 PM More reviews by frostygrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Since I've become addicted to MUA and products to clear up my face, I found this reading a review of the Fresh umbrian clay mask a few days ago. I read all these reviews and tried desperately to find it at the Vitamin Shoppe, Trader Joe's, Walgreens, CVS, etc. Finally I drove a few towns away to Whole Foods to get this and organic ACV. I used this last night with a couple teaspoons of the clay and ACV. It fizzes and mixes quite nicely, and goes on smooth. I also LOVE the smell of vinegar, so I didn't mind the smell at all. I have oily to dry skin, the occasional breakout and lots of clogged pores in my t-zone. I left it on for about 30 minutes, and it felt like a vacuum behind my face; it got so hard and just sucked my face back! It left my face pretty red for the night, but I woke up this morning and my skin feels and looks so soft. I could tell it definitely cleaned out alot of the clogged pores on and around my nose. I really look forward to using this again (maybe tonight!) with honey or vitamin e oil. I'll update as I experiment!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

this product is good at drawing all those impurities out of your face and making your face look clean...

but why will i not buy it again??

well one reason is because i am a HUGE fan of queen helene products and their mint julep mask works just as good, if not better.... also this mask dries incredibly hard and pulls at your skin if you try to make any sort of facial expressions whatsoever lol...

i bought the large tub and i dont foresee myself running out of this stuff in the near future.. so there really would be no need for me to buy more

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by jean95404

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read about this on the MUA site several months ago and intended to go by Whole Foods and buy it. But as time went by I forgot about it.

Saw it in the store today and purchased it.

Tried it this evening. Hmmm. Well, I didn't feel much of a tingle, or a pulse, or anything. Until it became completely dry. Then a mild nerve sensation.

Washed it off, no redness. Most of the black pores on my nose were cleaned out, some remain. Along the top edges of the nasal labial folds I can see that gunk has been pulled to the surface. I applied Philosophy's Vitamin C Serum to my clean face. Will try it again tomorrow and get more gunk out of my skin. I have been a religious user of Philosophy's Microdermabrasion products so exfoliation wasn't something I needed. Deep pore cleaning was.

Mixed it with skim milk and honey. Really takes so very little of the clay!! This stuff will last forever won't it?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WOW! I was browsing the product aisle at Whole Foods yesterday and came across this mask. At $10, I thought why not? But before I used it I read the reviews -- then I couldn't wait to try it after all the rave! So today I used it, mixed with ACV and Manuka Honey.

(NOTE: This type of honey (Manuka) is unbelievable. It's very expensive, but worth every penny. It's something like 100x more disinfecting than tea tree oil. Also, you get a lot in the jar and you only need a little at a time. I mix it with dissolved aspirin as a mask -- it's just amazing and I notice a difference after just one application. If I'm super dry, I'll even sleep with it on my face. When I wake up, not only am I not dry, but the lines are gone.

Anyway, this Indian Healing mask has shown the most improvement in just one application than any other mask. My skin was glowing and so soft. I swear old acne spots are a lot lighter. I didn't even have time to leave it on more than 10 minutes.

I really recommend mixing it with the honey and ACV. I think the ACV alone would strip the skin, but the honey allows all the products to work in harmony without drying you out. I've tried the Queen Helene mask and it did nothing for me.

Lastly, I think applying a thin layer is best. From the reviews I read, if the mask is too thick, it will not harden and do its job.

UPDATE... 5 weeks later (March 25, 2008)

I still LOVE this stuff. Actually it's my favorite thing that i use. i can use it as i often as i want. I ge the best results by using my microdermasion (which is just an oil of olay brand from costco), then i mix the clay powder with ACV to form a thick paste. I really only use like a teaspoon of the powder -- a little goes a long way. Above I described mixing the mask with ACV and honey. Now I only mix it with the ACV, as I think it clears things up a little more. I leave it on as long as i can, even up to 45 minutes. Your face will be blotchy with redness. This goes away within a few minutes.

After the mask is washed off, i'll rub Manuka Honey all over my face and sleep with it on (see my review above). This is not comfortable by any means and it's sticky, so put a towel over your pillow. But I'm one of those people who is willing to sacrifice for good skin, so it's fine for me. I'm also single, so there's no one to complain about it ;-)

I tend to "pick" my face (the worst thing I can do). This causes breakouts and redness. If I've been picking, then I do the mask then honey thing, it's all gone by morning. No redness, no zits.

28 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Ahappyandwealthygirl

This is the most amazing facial mask product you'll ever buy and the only one you'll ever need!
I've been using this now for about a little over a year now and I can't tell you how much my complexion has improved as a result. I used to suffer from PMS acne, rosacea and ultra-sensitive skin, keeping a watch for blemishes and controlling them was just a constant vigilant job for me but ever since I started using this product, my skin has gotten clearer and clearer and much more softer with less combination skin problems.

Depending on you're skin type you can mix this clay with just about anything to suit your own needs:
1) Apple cider vinegar - for oily, acne-prone or combination skin, esp. good for whiteheads
2) Milk or plain yogurt - for very dry or sensitive skin
3) Water - for normal skin
4) Rosewater - for sensitive skin
5) Milk and honey - for a moisturinzing mask

If you have a juicer, some FRESH vegetable juices and or fruit extracts are also helpful.

6) Strawberry juice - for oily skin
7) Aloe vera gel juice - for dry skin

Experiment a little and you can discover the "right" combination for you. I'm fairly certain the folks who posted negative comments here are ones who did not experiment and ended up trying a combination which was not suitable for themselves.
The price is rock-bottom and the tub you get will last for ages. My only gripe is the packaging, it's way too bulky for traveling and I wish the manufacturers would come up with a size and packaging that can easily be used for traveling or overnight trips.
Go for it, you have nothing to lose except $7, you could end up with your own perfect HG product!

43 out of 44 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by heathernicole27

I am forever looking for a mask that will deep clean my skin between facials. I was browsing through makeup alley one day and someone suggested this...and I'm glad! It is kind of a pain to mix together, but it's totally worth it! After I use this my skin is smooth and it feels clean and firm! The only thing is that it is really drying and my skin is super, super, SUPER oily, so even I have to moisturize after using this.