July 29, 2014 | 1891 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by jean95404

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read about this on the MUA site several months ago and intended to go by Whole Foods and buy it. But as time went by I forgot about it.

Saw it in the store today and purchased it.

Tried it this evening. Hmmm. Well, I didn't feel much of a tingle, or a pulse, or anything. Until it became completely dry. Then a mild nerve sensation.

Washed it off, no redness. Most of the black pores on my nose were cleaned out, some remain. Along the top edges of the nasal labial folds I can see that gunk has been pulled to the surface. I applied Philosophy's Vitamin C Serum to my clean face. Will try it again tomorrow and get more gunk out of my skin. I have been a religious user of Philosophy's Microdermabrasion products so exfoliation wasn't something I needed. Deep pore cleaning was.

Mixed it with skim milk and honey. Really takes so very little of the clay!! This stuff will last forever won't it?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WOW! I was browsing the product aisle at Whole Foods yesterday and came across this mask. At $10, I thought why not? But before I used it I read the reviews -- then I couldn't wait to try it after all the rave! So today I used it, mixed with ACV and Manuka Honey.

(NOTE: This type of honey (Manuka) is unbelievable. It's very expensive, but worth every penny. It's something like 100x more disinfecting than tea tree oil. Also, you get a lot in the jar and you only need a little at a time. I mix it with dissolved aspirin as a mask -- it's just amazing and I notice a difference after just one application. If I'm super dry, I'll even sleep with it on my face. When I wake up, not only am I not dry, but the lines are gone.

Anyway, this Indian Healing mask has shown the most improvement in just one application than any other mask. My skin was glowing and so soft. I swear old acne spots are a lot lighter. I didn't even have time to leave it on more than 10 minutes.

I really recommend mixing it with the honey and ACV. I think the ACV alone would strip the skin, but the honey allows all the products to work in harmony without drying you out. I've tried the Queen Helene mask and it did nothing for me.

Lastly, I think applying a thin layer is best. From the reviews I read, if the mask is too thick, it will not harden and do its job.

UPDATE... 5 weeks later (March 25, 2008)

I still LOVE this stuff. Actually it's my favorite thing that i use. i can use it as i often as i want. I ge the best results by using my microdermasion (which is just an oil of olay brand from costco), then i mix the clay powder with ACV to form a thick paste. I really only use like a teaspoon of the powder -- a little goes a long way. Above I described mixing the mask with ACV and honey. Now I only mix it with the ACV, as I think it clears things up a little more. I leave it on as long as i can, even up to 45 minutes. Your face will be blotchy with redness. This goes away within a few minutes.

After the mask is washed off, i'll rub Manuka Honey all over my face and sleep with it on (see my review above). This is not comfortable by any means and it's sticky, so put a towel over your pillow. But I'm one of those people who is willing to sacrifice for good skin, so it's fine for me. I'm also single, so there's no one to complain about it ;-)

I tend to "pick" my face (the worst thing I can do). This causes breakouts and redness. If I've been picking, then I do the mask then honey thing, it's all gone by morning. No redness, no zits.

28 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Ahappyandwealthygirl

This is the most amazing facial mask product you'll ever buy and the only one you'll ever need!
I've been using this now for about a little over a year now and I can't tell you how much my complexion has improved as a result. I used to suffer from PMS acne, rosacea and ultra-sensitive skin, keeping a watch for blemishes and controlling them was just a constant vigilant job for me but ever since I started using this product, my skin has gotten clearer and clearer and much more softer with less combination skin problems.

Depending on you're skin type you can mix this clay with just about anything to suit your own needs:
1) Apple cider vinegar - for oily, acne-prone or combination skin, esp. good for whiteheads
2) Milk or plain yogurt - for very dry or sensitive skin
3) Water - for normal skin
4) Rosewater - for sensitive skin
5) Milk and honey - for a moisturinzing mask

If you have a juicer, some FRESH vegetable juices and or fruit extracts are also helpful.

6) Strawberry juice - for oily skin
7) Aloe vera gel juice - for dry skin

Experiment a little and you can discover the "right" combination for you. I'm fairly certain the folks who posted negative comments here are ones who did not experiment and ended up trying a combination which was not suitable for themselves.
The price is rock-bottom and the tub you get will last for ages. My only gripe is the packaging, it's way too bulky for traveling and I wish the manufacturers would come up with a size and packaging that can easily be used for traveling or overnight trips.
Go for it, you have nothing to lose except $7, you could end up with your own perfect HG product!

43 out of 43 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by heathernicole27

I am forever looking for a mask that will deep clean my skin between facials. I was browsing through makeup alley one day and someone suggested this...and I'm glad! It is kind of a pain to mix together, but it's totally worth it! After I use this my skin is smooth and it feels clean and firm! The only thing is that it is really drying and my skin is super, super, SUPER oily, so even I have to moisturize after using this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by jessiema111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this couple of times and I felt like my pore is getting worse. yes, right after I wash my face, it would look red and would go away after a short period of time, but after the redness disappears, my skin went back to look the way it was. and now I feel like i have more cloged pores than before. will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 2:30:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is indeed very inexpensive but it's just too much for my sensitive skin. I have to be very careful to leave it on for just the right amount of time or it will end up over-drying and causing irritation, leading to new breakouts. By far the worst part about it, IMO, is how much it itches as it's drying, it was just too much to bear for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 12:54:00 AM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Read about this being a great natural and inexpensive face mask. Bought a huge container for under $5. First I mixed the clay with water which was a disaster. It was like trying to apply globs of glue onto my face. Horrible. As it was drying I started to feel the pulsating that was described on the container. It was a bit odd but I put up with it in hopes that it was sucking all the gunk out of my pores. After washing it off my face was bright red and stayed that way for about an hour. My skin though was shiny and squeaky clean looking. The next morning I could see that it had forced some clogged pores to the surface which was great. The next time I tried it I mixed in some apple cider vinegar and some honey. That was definitely the way to go. The clay mixed with the vinegar caused it to fizz and then when the honey was added it almost became a whipped, though still dense, texture. I applied it to my face and left it on for about 20 minutes. It didn't dry as quickly on the areas where it was applied a bit thicker so when I washed the mask off I didn't get the full effect of the mask. Face was red like this first time but it felt more moisturized due to the honey I suspect. I'm a fan of the Queen Helene Julep mask but I like this alot better since it's just the clay without added ingredients, except of course the water and the vinegar and honey if you want. This isn't a great fancy item but it does it's job very well and the price and amount you get is great. Don't need another mask besides this one. Will keep purchasing this. Great item.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2007 10:57:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

This is my HG mask. sometimes I have those days where my face just looks dull and my pores feel clogged. So at night before bed i'll put this on for 20 minutes, and im telling you it sucks out everything that's wrong with my skin. The next moring i'll wake up with the smooth, glowing, clear skin. It has never let me down. I love how well it hardens. I always wished there was a mask out there that does what this does but I didnt know it was out there. Im sooo happy I found it. I paid 6 bucks at a health food store. Ive had the tub for like, 6 months now and its still a little over half full. I've started using it sometimes everyday or every other day, to maintain my skin clear. But I have strong skin that isnt sensitive, so if you are sensitive, 1-2 times a week and youre golden. I mix it with apple cider vinegar. My skin is left red for about 10 minutes after I take it off but I dont care cause I know that its that way cause it got all the gunk sucked out of it. I LOVE LOVe this mask. I dont know how I ever lived without it! Oh yeah, and you CANT beat the price!
UPDATE: I'm so in love with this mask. In fact im wearing it right now. I still use it everynight. If I had to pick just 1 thing out of all the hundreds of products that I have, and throw the rest out, id pick this. Truly worth every single freaking, effin penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Rain7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received this from a nice MUA'er, and I love it! First, I wash my face as usual. Then I mix the mask with just water, because my skin is so sensitive, and leave it on for 20 minutes. My skin feels wonderfully soft and deeply cleansed afterwards. I tend to get flaky skin, so I put jojoba oil all over my face after rinsing the mask off. This is a great weekly treatment mask for people with oily/acne prone skin like mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 8:50:00 AM More reviews by cuppajean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this mask. It makes my skin glow and removes all impurities. I play around with it by adding different ingredients. This is what I like best so far:

3:1 Apple Cider Vinegar to Water
A DROP of Tea Tree Oil
A few drops of Lavendar Oil

I use this once or twice a week - if you have sensitive skin be careful to leave it on for 10-15 mins only at first:)