Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 5/29/2010 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best mask I have ever used for acne/blackheads. I have very large pores, a "strawberry" nose and numerous small bumps that don't ever seem to go away. When I tried the mask, I also used some on the back of my upper shoulders where i often get a few of the angry red bumps that never come to a head and just sit there for a week or two. The mask not only REALLY cleaned out my pores (comparable to nose strips) but also immediately reduced the size and redness of the aforementioned devil bumps. Anyways, my complexion is not perfect, but I have only used it once and have seen very good results. I am going to try adding sea salt for easier removal, but last time I just hopped in the shower and did not have too hard of a time in removing it-just worried about the drains. Anyways, I would definitely recommend to anyone who has found it impossible in the past to really deep clean their pores-this product is almost like a magnet!

UPDATE** I have been using this product for months now and I am seeing good results. If I had more time, I would use this every other day (but just because my skin is SO oily), each morning after I use it, I can notice a lot less breakouts than when I dont, and less redness of bumps. I have discovered that using more ACV and less of the clay gets the same pore-zapping results, but dries faster and removes a helluva lot easier.

on 5/28/2010 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was excited to try this but rather disappointed when I finally did. I mixed it with a bit of apple cider vinegar and smoothed it over my face. DONT let this sit longer than it dries. It HURT to get it off! I thought I was going to have to get some sort of paint scraper to get it off my face. The second time I made sure to wipe it off earlier but it still hurt and now I'm just scared to use it again. I don't really know if it is effective, which is why I'm not giving it less than 3 stars - it may be, I just haven't been able to use it long enough.
**UPDATE** I figured out a good ratio of powder clay to apple cider vinegar - I use a tablespoon of each and add a bit more vinegar if I need to thin it out. The thinner it is, the easier it is to deal with and it doesn't hurt! I use it weekly now - I think it might be helping control my breakouts.

on 5/23/2010 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love the effects that this mask has on the face. It really feels like it is working because of the tingly feeling and the fact that it really does feel like it is purging/pulling all of the toxins out of your skin like the packaging claims. I always use apple cidar vinegar to mix the powder in with a few drops of tea tree oil to fight breakouts. The mask also feels like it is drying out any current pimples that I have and helping to heal them faster.
The ony downside that I have with this product is that the clay mask really does clog up my drain really bad after a few uses. It took me three bottles of Draino to unclog the drain. Not a good thing because the drain cleaners tend to start eating away at the drains if used too much. So I'll probably have to use this very sparingly, only if the I feel that I really could benefit from using this with the downside.

on 5/20/2010 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Alright so...this product is pretty effin kickass! My only beef is it is hard as hell to get off! Saw another review on removing it...going to try that.
Also...I need help.I don't know if it's just me...but does anyone else have trouble mixing it into a smooth paste? For me it's partially a watery mixture and the rest is clumpy and it's a pain to put on the face. I've tried using a whisk, fork, spoon...adding water slowly...idk. It's pretty annoying. Any suggestions? Otherwise, no complaints:)

on 5/2/2010 11:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

If you have issues with black heads, then this product will be a miracle for you! I use it twice a week and, as soon as I wash it off, I see results. The large pores and blackheads that I have always had in my T-Zone are dramatically reduced. I have been using this mask for about 6 months now and have found that twice a week really does the trick for me. I leave it on from 30-40 minutes. The easiest way to remove the mask is to run a cloth under almost hot water, don't wring it out much, get over the sink and just lay the saturated cloth on the mask. Hold it there for about 10 seconds, then repeat one or two more times. By this time, the mask will be soft enough to wipe off.
I hope it works as well for you as it does for me!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

OMG, the mask is on my face right now and my face is so tight, I can barely move my jaw to speak!!
I LOVE the way this feels and is officially my hg for a face mask. Deep pore cleansing indeed!! My jar cost $8 and this will definitely last at least a year with use twice a month ( a teaspoon to a tablespoon of powder per use). The best face mask ever!! And the best part is that it is natural. There is only one ingredient in it and then you add equal parts of organic apple cider vinegar and/ water to it to mix and voila!!! Skin is left feeling extra clean and smooth! It's a keeper and pray that this product is around forever!!

UPDATE: Jan. 2013

Nearly 3 years later and this is still my HG clay mask. There is no other product on the market like this. If you have combination/oily skin and or acne prone skin, this WILL clear your skin up over time if used once a week.

If you have dry skin, I would still use this mask but mix it with equal parts water, honey, and clay to keep the mask on the 'moisturizing side' and use only once or twice a month.

For $8, I can get dozens! of mask out of this container. If you have a zit, put this clay mask over the zit and let it sit for at least 20 minutes or more. This clay will deep clean and suck the life out of it.

I have never had an issue using this mask and have nothing bad to say about it. I love the pulsating drying affect it causes...it makes me feel like I am treating myself to a high quality mask.

To rinse off, I bend over my tub and apply warm water to my face until the mask slowly starts to break up and after a minute or two of dousing my face with warm water, I'll take a warm wet face cloth and gently wipe off any remaining clay. Gently dry my face and apply an extremely moisturizing face cream/lotion/treatment mask for the night.

This also can be used as an amazing detoxing body/foot mask.

on 4/27/2010 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hands down, this is the best "drying" type mask I have ever used. I do tweak it a bit though. Here is my recipe:

*spoonful of clay (pulls all the gunk out of your pores, and binds all the ingredients together)
*about 5 uncoated aspirin (if you don't know the benefits of aspirin for the skin, look up the reviews!)
*few drops of tea tree oil (helps dry up acne and is an antiseptic)
*witch hazel (it dissolves the aspirin better than anything I've tried)
*spoonful of sea salt (is beneficial to your skin, and helps the mask come off easier at the end)

So I mix everything together and apply a thick layer all over my face. Wait for it to dry, which takes about 20 to 30 minutes. When its totally dry, I lean over the sink and rub the dry mask off! This is the key: adding the salt makes it crumble right off, if you don't have salt in the mixture, the mask won't have the same texture or be as crumbly. It hurts a little bit when you first start rubbing, but if you're tough-skinned like me, you'll absolutely love the feeling after awhile.

Once I've rubbed most of the mask off, I'll wipe the rest away with a washrag. Then I just put on a light moisturizer. This reduces any whiteheads, blackheads, milia, and general congested skin by about 90%!!! It also makes my pores look way smaller and since it removes the blackheads, they don't look dark either! The rubbing exfoliates your skin SOOOO well, I'm thinking that it works so well because your skin isn't wet while you're exfoliating. Its just a completely different feeling!

on 4/22/2010 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I LOVE this mask. It's so easy to use and it works. Just mix it with Apple Cider Vinegar and get it to a semi-thick consistency, slap it on and then wash it off in about 5-7 minutes (depending on what season or humidity level)
My pores feel so clean after.
I have sensitive, dry skin, so I can't keep it on long, but this stuff works. It's dirt cheap considering how well it works and how much you get. I like that it's in a tub that you can scoop out with a spoon as opposed to a tube that's pre-mixed and gets wasted at the end of it.

on 4/18/2010 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I would definitely buy this product again...however, I don't know that I will need to because you get an absolutely HUGE tub full for around $7. I got this at Super Supplements and mix it with Bragg organic apple cider. You can actually feel this product working. Although it does leave my face a tad red, that quickly subsides and my skin looks amazing. An absolutely amazing buy and so cheap.

on 4/18/2010 1:10:00 AM

I got this for around 7 bucks at my local Super Supplements shop.I mixed it with apple cider vinegar and packed it very thick on my face,like the directions said. It took AGES to dry but when it did,my face was throbbing and pulsating like you wouldn't believe. The results? My skin is super red right now,I just used it for the first time a bit ago. However,my skin is also soft and it does look like it got a bit of the softer junk from my pores.My boyfriend has even better results,he has all these little empty pores on his nose! Looks like he got poked a bunch with a needle and didn't bleed. His face is going to look amazing once the initial irritation subsides. This is an amazing mask! It makes me wonder why other companies put 50 ingredients in their masks when all you really need is pure clay.

Popular Masks