February 1, 2015 | 1630 users online

Blush - MAC - Dollymix

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2005 10:23:00 PM More reviews by winterdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dollymix is very versatile. Light dusting is wearable during the day and retouching with more strokes will transform your makeup into a night affair look. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2005 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Miwako

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I usually use Pink Swoon but I wanted something just a tad darker and w/frost (I bought Viva Glam V lipstick & gloss and wanted a slightly stronger cheek color to go w/). I have fair skin and usually use a cool ivory toned foundation. When the girl @ the counter showed this to me, I was thinking, "Is she kidding???" It looks almost fuschia in the pan. But I looked on the back and saw that it was a sheer blush. She gave me this brush to try it on w/and I it just loaded the color on. I almost didn't buy it. But I bought it, and used my usual brush (Sonia Kashuk big powder brush). It's a great color for me. This is the second MAC sheer blush I've used and I love them. I also got one in Peaches for my Mom and she absolutely loves hers.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2005 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Samantha_Thatcher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am a total blush fanatic...always searching for that "perfect" hue! (I have dark hair and fair skin) Dollymix looks a bit bright in the pan...but it morphs into the prettiest rosey-pink. It's not too pink, or too warm, but just right. It does have shimmer, but once applied, really looks more like a "glow". I have oily skin and the subtle shimmer does not accentuate my pores. It goes on easily & sort of melts right into your skin, leaving very pretty flushed cheeks. Good lasting power throughout the day too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2005 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Rose71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great color for NC44, GGG/DDD. Dollymix looks like hot pink in the pan, but goes on sheer pink with a fine shimmer. It can be layered for more of an intense color. I sometimes use a bronzer for a blush/contour and use dollymix for that pop of color I need. I sometimes can use this as a shadow if I am in a pinch.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2005 12:12:00 PM More reviews by melovemac

Dollymix is the best pink blush I have found. Usually I stick with peach or coral blushes (I love Foolish Me and Peachykeen), but I needed pink to go with my pink makeup. I decided to get Dollymix b/c it was the only pink blush I found that did not seem to have any cool undertones that would clash with my olive complexion. For anyone else who also finds that mauve or plum undertones look scary on them, I would recomend this blush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2005 3:55:00 PM More reviews by SusanR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this blush! I agree with earlier reviewers - don't be fooled by the color in the pan. Since it's a sheertone this goes on very subtly, but the pink really brightens up my face & the bit of shimmer makes it a fun "going out" blush shade. Works equally well with warm or cool colors to boot.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2005 5:47:00 AM More reviews by farah79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful!!! I swapped this away the first time, fooled because I hadn't discovered quality brushes. After MAC #168, I decided to buy it again, and Im so glad I did. It is a brightening pink-raspberry color with fine shimmer, it looks so fresh on the cheeks! I usually go for lighter cooler pinks but this one is great for certain looks and lipsticks. I love the sheertone shimmers (not the sheertones), and I am going to try foolish me and peachykeen next. I will write a review for those 2 soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2005 2:21:00 PM More reviews by brazenberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This a great staple for me. It gives me a great flushed innocent look. But despite the Sheer shimmer of this supposed blush -- there's no shimmer. But I am not complaining because who wants to look like a disco ball. This gives me the winter flushed cheeks look. I love the fact you can build on this color, so this may be good for heavy handed girlies. A definite repurchase. GGG - MAC NC40 - BB Golden Orange.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2005 3:40:00 PM More reviews by mkupjunkee

I went to the MAC counter and asked for a very candy pink color and this is what I got. In the pan it looks very hot pink but really it's sheer and you can build it to the bright consistency that you want. It gives you a very flushed look which is cute in the winter cause most people look dead and pale in the cold weather. So pretty and lasts all day too. I'm thinking of trying it as a shadow too since I haven't gotten my hands on sushi flower e/s yet. Will see how it goes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2005 7:33:00 PM More reviews by tgparks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I finally bought his after hearing about it for so long-it does look scary in the pan. It is super pink! It goes on so pretty and looks like the perfect flush with a hint of shimmer. I am a LLL and it is the perfect color for me!