MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 5/3/2004 12:57:00 PM

i tried strobe for the first time after purchasing a try-on pac. i like the texture of the cream, and found it to be a nice, lightweight moisturizer- perfect for summer. i don't get how it is classified as a highlighter, though. it does have an iridescent glow as it comes out of the tube, but any iridescence disappeared as soon as i applied it to my face. the cream felt nice, but it didn't make me glow. a good moisturizer for summer, though. i think it would be even better if it had SPF though. i gave it 3 lippes b/c i liked it, but it didn't work for the purpose i originally bought it for.

on 4/15/2004 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a great product to go under your foundation. For everyone that love dewy skin and love to have that glow! This product provides great illumination. It also works well alone without a foundation for a healthy looking skin.

on 4/14/2004 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was definately under the impression that this was more of a "skin picker-upper" than a highlighter. I need a moisturizer all the time, and for days when I'm [or my skin is] feeling kind of icky this is awesome. I wear only the MAC Select Sheer powder over it, and though the shimmer isn't noticeable, the brightening quality is. It's good as a moisturizer too, but on my extra dry days I go with another moisturizer first and then apply this. It might have more effect on PPPs like me .. It's a little pricey, but I don't need much.

on 3/29/2004 1:01:00 PM

I like this. I mix it with my foundation to give me a dewy look and it doesn't break me out. Its a little pricey ($25) but I only use a little bit each time so it should last a few months. It gives a subtle shine to my PPP skin.

on 3/4/2004 2:29:00 PM

This didnt show up on my face at all..and smelled awful..
It was DEFINATELY not worth the 28 dollars..I tried using it under my powder..and that didnt work..so i put a bit more ontop, and it STILL didnt show!! ugh what a waste..im definately going to be bringing this one back .

on 2/21/2004 6:06:00 PM

Lots of better products out there. This is one to miss. If applied over make up you pretty much cannot see it at all. And on a bare face it just looks weird.

on 2/21/2004 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Gives a great glow and pearly sheen to skin. Uplifts my dull winter complexion. Too bad it isn't oil-free. I use to use this when my skin wasn't as sensitive as it is now. When I try using it now, it makes me have little bumps on my face. It is hg material for those who don't have sensitive skin.

on 2/17/2004 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I guess I'm in the minority on this one; I don't think this product very much at all, at least when applied under makeup. I agree, it does give a nice glow when applied to clean skin. However, once the makeup goes on, it's gone! And I use a light to medium coverage liquid foundation. Go figure! I hear that Prescriptives has one too - I'll be trying that next!

on 2/17/2004 1:02:00 PM

LOVE this! I use it alone, I use it under my Hyper Real, or I use it in tandem with my moisturizer because let's be real, this isn't much of a moisturizer. It gives my skin the healthy glow, and although it is pricey for the amount of product you get, the cream is thick enough that a little goes a long way. I would recommend getting a sample of this before buying though, since it doesn't seem to be for everyone.

on 1/29/2004 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was a bit hesitant to buy this at first because of the mixed reviews, but I have really liked it so far. It really does brighten up my face, even if I don't put anything on over it. My face tends to be quite dry, so the fact that it's pretty thick doesn't bother me. It actually helps my dry skin when I wear it over my regular moisturizer. I combine it with MAC select tint. I tried it with HyperReal but it didn't look quite as good (maybe I have the wrong shade of HyperReal because it seemed to be that that was causing the problem, not the strobe cream). The tube is pretty small, but I will buy this again.