MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

This made me look too shiny for my liking...instead of making me look radiant, it made my cheeks look oily...pleh! It has a nice smell though...One that works better for me is Christian Dior's Dior Luminizer...gave a more subtle glow...but then again, I have combi skin so maybe this is more suitable for pple with dry and normal skin...

on 7/9/2004 9:32:00 PM

I really love this stuff! I have oily/combo skin and I mix this with foundation for a really natural, healthy skin look. I use much less foundation as a result.(I wear SC alone sometimes as a perfector)I use a foundation brush to blend it with found. and to apply.

on 6/30/2004 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

If you want a glow, and not stripper sparkle, this is the product. Mixed with foundation, it is a soft radiance, but if you apply it alone, it makes you look so dewey, not glittery. Good consistency, not greasy. I have never used this product as a moisturizer. I don't think it would be a good idea!

on 6/28/2004 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is actually a skincare product. It's a cream with a heavy irridescence. It's a pretty thick cream. Personally I wouldn't use this as a moisturizer when there are so many great ones out in the market these days (especially with SPF). Well, if you want a little shimmer, I'd recommend you use a liquid or powder highlighter on top of your foundation instead of using this.

I love this product! When I first tried it, it looked really pinky on my NC35 skin, and it looked like my skin had turned a pearly pink. After the MAC MA showed me to blend it in and mix it with foundation, it totally gave me glowing skin, and had a luminous effect. It was really great, and even though it's kinda expensive ($32 CAD), I have a 30% discount, so it wasn't that bad. I'd totally buy it again! You can even mix it with select cover up to get a foundation that looks like hyper real, but feels like tinted moisturizer!

on 5/3/2004 1:22:00 PM

I really like this product to give me a dewy glow. It has a slight iridescence which looks beautiful with Face and Body and other foundations. I definitely wouldn't use this as a moisturizer because to me it has no moisturizing properties. You can use this alone on your face for a beautiful glow or you can mix it with foundation or bronzer. It's lovely! I would definitely repurchase considering it hasn't broken me out yet. I'm a MMM (C40 Matte/C5 F&B) with light blonde hair, dark brown eyes and normal skin.

on 5/3/2004 12:57:00 PM

i tried strobe for the first time after purchasing a try-on pac. i like the texture of the cream, and found it to be a nice, lightweight moisturizer- perfect for summer. i don't get how it is classified as a highlighter, though. it does have an iridescent glow as it comes out of the tube, but any iridescence disappeared as soon as i applied it to my face. the cream felt nice, but it didn't make me glow. a good moisturizer for summer, though. i think it would be even better if it had SPF though. i gave it 3 lippes b/c i liked it, but it didn't work for the purpose i originally bought it for.

on 4/15/2004 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a great product to go under your foundation. For everyone that love dewy skin and love to have that glow! This product provides great illumination. It also works well alone without a foundation for a healthy looking skin.

on 4/14/2004 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was definately under the impression that this was more of a "skin picker-upper" than a highlighter. I need a moisturizer all the time, and for days when I'm [or my skin is] feeling kind of icky this is awesome. I wear only the MAC Select Sheer powder over it, and though the shimmer isn't noticeable, the brightening quality is. It's good as a moisturizer too, but on my extra dry days I go with another moisturizer first and then apply this. It might have more effect on PPPs like me .. It's a little pricey, but I don't need much.

on 3/29/2004 1:01:00 PM

I like this. I mix it with my foundation to give me a dewy look and it doesn't break me out. Its a little pricey ($25) but I only use a little bit each time so it should last a few months. It gives a subtle shine to my PPP skin.

Popular Moisturizers