December 23, 2014 | 1565 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2003 3:27:00 PM More reviews by ilovemakeup2

I decided to try this when my skin was feeling dull. I absolutely love it! Its expensive, but it lasts me forever. I wash my face, then mix a dime size amount of my cheap moisturizer with a pea size amount of the Strobe Cream. After that I apply Bobbi Brown Oil Free Foundation over it and set with a slight shimmer light golden powder then Hard Candy Blush in Dimple(i think its called). That little pea size amount really does the trick, brightens up my whole complection! Sometimes before I put on my moisturizer i'll put on a little amound of self tanner too if I am feeling washed out. All in all I think the people that have problems with this stuff are just putting way too much of it on. You have to mix it with regular moisurizer or if you use a tinted moisturizer as your foundation for this stuff to work. You can also do the same if you want some shimmer on your collar bone and shoulders...mix it with moisturizer and it goes a long long way! I've had a tube of this stuff for almost 8 months now and I have been using it everyday. I still have almost half left. $25 a year for this stuff isnt all that bad, as long as you use it. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2003 6:53:00 AM More reviews by Rummy

I've been using this product for 3 or 4 years! So what is that tell you. I love it. It give my skin a soft dewy look unlike those fake hightlight. You can wear Strobe cream alone without any foundation. Little bit goes a long way. It make your skin look healthy and alive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2003 11:49:00 PM More reviews by soupsake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My dry skin loves this! First of all my skin has a tendency to look flat but by applying this before my foundation I get a subtle radiance. I have to moisturize before I apply this other wise my skin soaks it up too fase and I can start to look a little lavender. I find that my Studio Fix looks better/more natural with this under it and mixed with Studio Tech it's the perfect tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2003 1:11:00 PM More reviews by dibble

This is much better than I expected. Its a great highlighter that doesn't look like you have re-entered your greasy teenage years. There is no coloration to it so anyone of any colouring can use it. D.xx

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2003 9:09:00 PM More reviews by caprichozza

This is a good skin brightener...I use it under makeup and it creates a beautiful glow. I find it necessary to allow it dry before applying a base due to the fact it can cake up pretty bad (I suppose that's true for any moisturizer though)
It also brightens up skin on a sans-makeup day too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2003 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Ollie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't necessarily call this a highlighter because on me, the glow isn't as obvious as applying an actual "highlighter" (ie., powder, cream, etc.). This is a really nice moisturizer, with a subtle glow that isn't glittery or sparkly or even shimmery. Just a nice glow. It doesn't break me out and smells like watermelons to boot. Really nice on dry cheeks. It was a nice surprise!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2003 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Starladee

Yuck!! I'm a MAC devotee but this was nasty. It smelt bad, sat on my skin and did absolutely nothing. Never again!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2003 11:27:00 PM More reviews by lolligirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't too very happy with Strobe cream. I used the product daily for about 5 days and I found that it was drying to my skin ie it didnt let my skin breathe.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2003 12:36:00 AM More reviews by wanru13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

bought it because heard that it gives a nice sheen to your skin... but feel that the sheen is not really noticeable, does not do anything to my skin besides making it alightly oilier.. wont but this again..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2003 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Suzy_h

I am FFF NC15 with combo skin with occasional hormonal acne. I love to use this as a moisturizer and it adds a bit of a glow to the skin. You will not see glitter or sparkle it is pearlescent at first going on, but the effect is so subtle you just look more radiant. Great for daylight and natural looks. When my skin is feeling dry I apply this over my moisturizer. It is not so heavy that this can't be done.