January 29, 2015 | 2003 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2004 4:57:00 PM More reviews by wildesigns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is amazing stuff! I didn't think I could wear it because similar items don't work with my T-Zone combo skin...I love the fresh, radiant appearance this gives to my skin & especially love it to perk up in the cold months! It's $25 a tube, but a little dab is all you need. I will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2003 5:31:00 PM More reviews by 1MegMeg

I purchased this last winter and have started using it again since it is finally starting to cool off. I live in Florida and it is so darn hot in the summer that about the only thing I can stand to have on my face is sunscreen, nothing extra. That being said, Strobe Cream is perfect for me during non-summer months. I mix a small drop with my sunscreen/moisturizer and it gives my face a natural luminous glow. Nothing glittery or shimmery, just subtle radiance.Since you only need a small amount this tube will last quite a long time. I used mine almost every day last winter and I would say that 3/4 of the tube remains(kind of hard to tell exactly, because the tube is opaque). continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2003 9:07:00 PM More reviews by jalin

I really like this! It is similar to Becca Pearl Skin Perfector but I like the consistency of the Strobe Cream better. Both give a nice, JLo type sheen to your skin without looking glittery or overly sparkly. I have only used this as a highlighter so far but I could imagine it would look great mixed in with moisturizer or base. I love that it is in a tube, and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2003 3:27:00 PM More reviews by ilovemakeup2

I decided to try this when my skin was feeling dull. I absolutely love it! Its expensive, but it lasts me forever. I wash my face, then mix a dime size amount of my cheap moisturizer with a pea size amount of the Strobe Cream. After that I apply Bobbi Brown Oil Free Foundation over it and set with a slight shimmer light golden powder then Hard Candy Blush in Dimple(i think its called). That little pea size amount really does the trick, brightens up my whole complection! Sometimes before I put on my moisturizer i'll put on a little amound of self tanner too if I am feeling washed out. All in all I think the people that have problems with this stuff are just putting way too much of it on. You have to mix it with regular moisurizer or if you use a tinted moisturizer as your foundation for this stuff to work. You can also do the same if you want some shimmer on your collar bone and shoulders...mix it with moisturizer and it goes a long long way! I've had a tube of this stuff for almost 8 months now and I have been using it everyday. I still have almost half left. $25 a year for this stuff isnt all that bad, as long as you use it. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2003 6:53:00 AM More reviews by Rummy

I've been using this product for 3 or 4 years! So what is that tell you. I love it. It give my skin a soft dewy look unlike those fake hightlight. You can wear Strobe cream alone without any foundation. Little bit goes a long way. It make your skin look healthy and alive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2003 11:49:00 PM More reviews by soupsake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My dry skin loves this! First of all my skin has a tendency to look flat but by applying this before my foundation I get a subtle radiance. I have to moisturize before I apply this other wise my skin soaks it up too fase and I can start to look a little lavender. I find that my Studio Fix looks better/more natural with this under it and mixed with Studio Tech it's the perfect tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2003 1:11:00 PM More reviews by dibble

This is much better than I expected. Its a great highlighter that doesn't look like you have re-entered your greasy teenage years. There is no coloration to it so anyone of any colouring can use it. D.xx

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2003 9:09:00 PM More reviews by caprichozza

This is a good skin brightener...I use it under makeup and it creates a beautiful glow. I find it necessary to allow it dry before applying a base due to the fact it can cake up pretty bad (I suppose that's true for any moisturizer though)
It also brightens up skin on a sans-makeup day too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2003 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Ollie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't necessarily call this a highlighter because on me, the glow isn't as obvious as applying an actual "highlighter" (ie., powder, cream, etc.). This is a really nice moisturizer, with a subtle glow that isn't glittery or sparkly or even shimmery. Just a nice glow. It doesn't break me out and smells like watermelons to boot. Really nice on dry cheeks. It was a nice surprise!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2003 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Starladee

Yuck!! I'm a MAC devotee but this was nasty. It smelt bad, sat on my skin and did absolutely nothing. Never again!