July 23, 2014 | 2106 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2003 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Suzy_h

I am FFF NC15 with combo skin with occasional hormonal acne. I love to use this as a moisturizer and it adds a bit of a glow to the skin. You will not see glitter or sparkle it is pearlescent at first going on, but the effect is so subtle you just look more radiant. Great for daylight and natural looks. When my skin is feeling dry I apply this over my moisturizer. It is not so heavy that this can't be done.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2003 9:48:00 AM More reviews by emalc

I love this product! It is great under makeup, and looks great on its own. It doesn't leave a heavy or oily feeling behind. The effect is very subtle, but that's what I wanted. It makes your skin look smooth and bright.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2003 9:55:00 AM More reviews by sgotfrit

One of my all-time best purchases. The cream totally makes my skin glow, without looking fake or orange like other products I have used to give it a glow-y effect. It also doesn't make me break out, and makes my skin feel really soft. My only complains are that it is pretty expensive, and that the tube gets really dirty in my makeup bag--I should have kept the box.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2003 11:43:00 PM More reviews by leprechaun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i did't like the way this made my skin look. it had this ashy effect on me. it's probably better for people with fair skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2003 10:32:00 PM More reviews by DanielleD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a disappointment. I wanted to use the Strobe Cream on my legs for a glow after reading about it being used for this in a magazine, what a joke. It gave me no more of a glow or shine than regular ole' lotion, and any gleam that WAS there, disappeared in a matter of minutes, if even that long.
Whew, thank goodness i tried it before buying!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2003 12:29:00 PM More reviews by ggrwilkinson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading rave reviews on this strobe cream i decided to purchase it but was very disappointed with its outcome. Admittedly it does look good over blush but didn't give me the 'glow' i was expecting and is hard to rub in.

Overall i wouldn't purchase this product again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2003 12:15:00 PM More reviews by greenolive

i love strobe cream. it gives my skin a healthy luminous glow. it wears well under makeup and feels great on the skin. you don't have to use a whole lot of this product. in fact, i don't wear foundation any more, because my skin looks so good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2003 10:27:00 AM More reviews by smilette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know some people comment on how this product fails to show up on their face, but I'm Chinese and got slightly tanned skin, so this thing shows up on me. I don't know what its ingredients are, but it works as a TERRIFIC moisturizer for me. I only use a small dab and rub it in my face, and then my face seems very moisturized. A lot of moisturizers are not able to do that, so this is a plus point for the Strobe Cream. Yes, this cream is expensive, but when used under loose powder, this really smooths and evens out your skin, and you look virtually flawless!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2003 3:30:00 AM More reviews by StilaKitten

I really like this stuff. Subtle and believable, it gives a soft glow to the skin. Mix it with foundation, wear it under/over powder foundation, highlight arms and legs. The bottle is a good size, not too expensive for the amount of product, and the scent is pleasant: a fresh light watermelon fragrance. This may not show up on cool-toned PPP's, but it is a must-have for MMM's, IMHO.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2003 6:36:00 PM More reviews by BarbaraN

I love this highlighter in a bottle! Before I put on foundation I take a pea-sized amount and mix it with a small dab of Mac's Select coverup liquid concealer, using a foundation brush to dab it around the eyes, and anywhere that concealer is needed. Really brightens the face and would be ideal in the summertime as a home-made sheer face tint in place of foundation with the concealer mixed in for color. Will definitely replace once I'm out.