April 16, 2014 | 1817 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2003 12:15:00 PM More reviews by greenolive

i love strobe cream. it gives my skin a healthy luminous glow. it wears well under makeup and feels great on the skin. you don't have to use a whole lot of this product. in fact, i don't wear foundation any more, because my skin looks so good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2003 10:27:00 AM More reviews by smilette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know some people comment on how this product fails to show up on their face, but I'm Chinese and got slightly tanned skin, so this thing shows up on me. I don't know what its ingredients are, but it works as a TERRIFIC moisturizer for me. I only use a small dab and rub it in my face, and then my face seems very moisturized. A lot of moisturizers are not able to do that, so this is a plus point for the Strobe Cream. Yes, this cream is expensive, but when used under loose powder, this really smooths and evens out your skin, and you look virtually flawless!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2003 3:30:00 AM More reviews by StilaKitten

I really like this stuff. Subtle and believable, it gives a soft glow to the skin. Mix it with foundation, wear it under/over powder foundation, highlight arms and legs. The bottle is a good size, not too expensive for the amount of product, and the scent is pleasant: a fresh light watermelon fragrance. This may not show up on cool-toned PPP's, but it is a must-have for MMM's, IMHO.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2003 6:36:00 PM More reviews by BarbaraN

I love this highlighter in a bottle! Before I put on foundation I take a pea-sized amount and mix it with a small dab of Mac's Select coverup liquid concealer, using a foundation brush to dab it around the eyes, and anywhere that concealer is needed. Really brightens the face and would be ideal in the summertime as a home-made sheer face tint in place of foundation with the concealer mixed in for color. Will definitely replace once I'm out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2003 7:02:00 PM More reviews by mjoy

I use this cream as a highlighter for my cheekbones and browbones. It works really well for this purpose. I squeeze a small amoubt onto the back of my hand, and apply it lightly w/a foundation brush. I haven't noticed any problems w/breakouts, but the smell is kinda gross..but it fades quickly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2002 1:44:00 PM More reviews by jd-jd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is not really a highlighter. For that purpose, there are other products that work better to give shimmer. But I use this UNDER my foundation and it really adds a nice luminescence. It comes in a largish tube, hinting that it is for brightening skin overall, like a shimmery moisturizer or base.

It looks good under incandescent and natural light, but not under fluorescent light (nothing, nothing looks good under those green ghoulish bulbs.)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2002 1:03:00 AM More reviews by EmilyH

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wasn't noticeable on my pale skin... also, it felt very waxy. Not worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2002 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the few MAC products I like! It looks great on my pale skin, alone or over some foundatiogives you a nice luminous, dewy look. Looks even better on tanned skin-which I mostly have- mixed with some foundation gives you the most perfect luminous, dewy , glowing look! I absolutely love this product! Nice to highlight cheeckbones just a little- it is not meant to be a strong highlighter like some people expect! Gives you a very sexy, healthy lookink skin. Especially good for people with dull skin-lets it appear fresher! Absolutely great and definitely will buy again. Even suits my sensitive skin and gave me no brekouts.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2002 11:53:00 AM More reviews by proflady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

There are many reasons that I didn't like this product. First of all, it didn't show up on my pale skin. (I'm giving it a 2 not a 1 because maybe it will show up better on other complexions.) Second, it made my skin a bit greasy and I think that it might have caused a breakout. Third, I didn't like the smell. Overall, a disappointment.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2002 9:21:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

This highlighter from MAC is supposed to impart a radiant glow to the skin. It comes in a white tube with a white almost opalescent hue to it. Looks great coming out of the tube. However, when I apply it, I don't really see it at all. Maybe it is so effective, I don't even notice it. But I don't think so. I think I will stick to Prescriptives or Benefit High Beam over this one!