Revlon Frost & Glow Highlighting Kit

4.3

Frosting Powder: Potassium Persulfate , Sodium Metasilicate , Sodium Stearate , Sucrose , Sodium Persulfate , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Chloride , Sodium Silicate , Silica , Hydrated Silica , EDTA , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Ultramarines (CI 77007) , Cream Developer: Aqua (Water) , Hydrogen Peroxide , Cetearyl Alcohol , Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Cyclopentasiloxane , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Amodimethicone , C11-15 Pareth-7 , Laureth-9 , Trideceth-12 , Glycerin , Ceteareth-20 , Steareth-10 Allyl Ether , Acrylates Copolymer , Disodium Phosphate , Phosphoric Acid , EDTA , Methylparaben , After Highlighting Shampoo: Aqua (Water) , Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Lauramide MEA , Methoxypropylgluconamide , Hydrolyzed Silk , Panthenol , Tocopheryl Acetate , Retinyl Palmitate , PEG-12 Dimethicone , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Sodium C14-17 Alkyl SEC Sulfonate , Stearamine Oxide , Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose , PEG-23M , Propylene Glycol , Sodium Chloride , Citric Acid , Tetrasodium EDTA , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Parfum (Fragrance) , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Benzyl Benzoate , Citronellol , Hexyl Cinnamal , Limonene , Amyl Cinnamal , Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , Red 4 (CI 14700) , Red 33 (CI 17200) , Yellow 6 (CI 15985) , After Highlighting Conditioner: Aqua (Water) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Behentrimonium Chloride , Linoleamidopropyl Dimethylamine Dimer Dilinoleate , Stearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Panthenol , Panthenyl Ethyl Ether , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Amodimethicone , Diisostearoyl Trimethylolpropane Siloxy Silicate , Isostearyl Glycolate , Triisostearyl Citrate , Diisostearyl Malate , Isostearyl Lactate , Dimethicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate , Methoxypropylgluconamide , Ceteareth-20 , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Trideceth-12 , Cetrimonium Chloride , Parfum (Fragrance) , Isopropyl Alcohol , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Benzyl Benzoate , Citronellol , Amyl Cinnamal , Citric Acid , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone

on 8/23/2004 3:02:00 PM

Considering this is a drugstore highlighting kit, it is surprisingly easy and foolproof. It works quickly and you really could do it by yourself with relatively few errors. The conditioner works well, also. I love the way my hair feels after I use the conditioner, even though I've just stripped all the color out of it. Good buy.

on 8/19/2004 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the packaging....very old, very cool!
I was leary of trying this product at 1st, being that I had just colored my hair black. I was sure my hair was going to turn various shades of orange.....not the case. I only left it on for 15-20 mins and achived perfect caramel streaks! The best highlighting product. don't bother spending any more $$$$'s in the salon.

on 8/6/2004 11:17:00 AM

I decided to give this product a try after rave reviews on here. This product has been around so long and would of saved me $500 last year alone by not getting it professionally done. I was surprised how my highlights worked out. NO smell- No mess and easy too do. I got it at walmart for $7. MY hair looks awesome and not damaged!

on 7/31/2004 10:03:00 PM

I love the 70's! This product is straight out of 1971 and it still merits being on the market, outdated packaging and all! I did buy a different cap and needle (a metal one, easier to grab and pull) but the product itself is amazing. I was anxious b/c my strands looked a bit orange, but when I rinsed it was a lovely dark blonde -- perfect highlights for my medium-dark brown hair. There's a reason that some products stay on the market for decades and this is obviously one of them!

on 7/29/2004 1:52:00 AM

this product works great on coarse asian hair! the only thing is for overall highlights, i strongly suggest getting a friend to help you out. i had difficulty pulling the strands on the back of my head and ended up mostly concentratin on the front. i should have waited longer to rinse out the dye but the 35 minutes still gave me a nice medium brown. great product - the best drugstore hair dye i've used.

on 7/22/2004 10:03:00 AM

I have to admit that I'm surprised by this product. I quit coloring my fine, medium brown hair years ago because it turned red, no matter what I did, and I wasn't willing to pay for salon coloring. After reading the reviews here, I bought the (med-dark brown) kit for US $10, and did my own highlights at home. Wow. For a first-timer, it was pretty foolproof! As long as you read the directions and do the color test, it works as designed. I only left it on for about 12 minutes, and I ended up with sort of honey-caramel highlights, without a bit of red. Time will tell how it grows out, and how it looks on a second application. It does take a LONG time to prep, pulling out the strands. It's also nice if you have a good friend (a very good friend who won't laugh at you wearing the ridiculous-looking cap) pull out the strands in the back. One bit of advice: the directions tell you to comb and remove all tangles from your hair before you begin. Do this. It makes life much easier.

An update to this. I quit using it because I couldn't control the highlights (not being able to see under the cap), and after three times, my hair just got lighter and lighter. I think a comb-in would provide more control.

on 7/22/2004 12:10:00 AM

This has got to be the most powerful bleach I've ever used. I had gotten the kit for Dark hair.. and believe me.. i have EXTREMELY BLACK hair. I remembered using a L'Oreal bleach before at home.. after 1.5 hours.. my hair was in a horrid bright orange. That was NOT a great experiance.Though, with this great renovation by Revlon, the bleach quickly lifted my hair to BLONDE.. and i mean TRUEE BLONDE!.. I left it on for an hour, and there is no orange tint whatsoever.I ended up with the same results as my sister, who had paid 90$ for her highlights - - while i paid ALMOST 7 dollars at Walmart. Ladies, give this a try. It's worth it. continued >>

on 7/21/2004 5:48:00 PM

The best highlighting kit on the market. And my favorite feature? NO SMELL! This little product is saving me major $$$ and I still get to enjoy gorgeous, classy highlights...

on 7/16/2004 8:45:00 PM

This is my first review in months or years! I am asian with the blackest hair. After reading the raving reviews on Revlon's Frost and Glow Kit, I went to my nearest drugstore and bought it for $9.99. The packaging didn't appeal to me though. Anyway, the kit comes with everything you need. I HIGHLY suggest having someone help you with pulling strands through the LightZones Cap. I made the mistake of doing it myself and it took me almost 5 hours! I'm not complaining though because: the kit came with a plastic wrap to prevent drippage, took only 40 minutes to highlight my hair to BEAUTIFUL and NATURAL-LOOKING dark blonde/medium brown highlights, and my hair doesn't feel or look damage at all! All for less than ten bucks! I will never again go to a salon to get highlights. Just ask a relative/friend to help you and you should get perfect highlights for a fraction of the salon cost! What a quality product!

on 7/13/2004 1:30:00 PM

This product is the BEST!!! I tried it last night (just days after reading the reviews on makeupalley) and it is AMAZING! It really is the best thing ever. I'm Korean, so have very very very dark brown, but not quite black, hair. I put it on for about 25-30 and it gave me these blondish, light-brownish streaks all over. Also, unlike other highlighting kits, it did not make my hair dry/straw-like. Very Jessica Alba-ish. You might want to do a test strip on the underside of your hair first like they recommend to see how long you'll need to do it for. Also, make sure you spread the mixture evenly through the entire length of hair, not just on roots. Happy highlighting!

Popular Hair Color Products