Revlon Frost & Glow Highlighting Kit

4.3

Frosting Powder: Potassium Persulfate , Sodium Metasilicate , Sodium Stearate , Sucrose , Sodium Persulfate , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Chloride , Sodium Silicate , Silica , Hydrated Silica , EDTA , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Ultramarines (CI 77007) , Cream Developer: Aqua (Water) , Hydrogen Peroxide , Cetearyl Alcohol , Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Cyclopentasiloxane , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Amodimethicone , C11-15 Pareth-7 , Laureth-9 , Trideceth-12 , Glycerin , Ceteareth-20 , Steareth-10 Allyl Ether , Acrylates Copolymer , Disodium Phosphate , Phosphoric Acid , EDTA , Methylparaben , After Highlighting Shampoo: Aqua (Water) , Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Lauramide MEA , Methoxypropylgluconamide , Hydrolyzed Silk , Panthenol , Tocopheryl Acetate , Retinyl Palmitate , PEG-12 Dimethicone , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Sodium C14-17 Alkyl SEC Sulfonate , Stearamine Oxide , Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose , PEG-23M , Propylene Glycol , Sodium Chloride , Citric Acid , Tetrasodium EDTA , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Parfum (Fragrance) , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Benzyl Benzoate , Citronellol , Hexyl Cinnamal , Limonene , Amyl Cinnamal , Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , Red 4 (CI 14700) , Red 33 (CI 17200) , Yellow 6 (CI 15985) , After Highlighting Conditioner: Aqua (Water) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Behentrimonium Chloride , Linoleamidopropyl Dimethylamine Dimer Dilinoleate , Stearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Panthenol , Panthenyl Ethyl Ether , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Amodimethicone , Diisostearoyl Trimethylolpropane Siloxy Silicate , Isostearyl Glycolate , Triisostearyl Citrate , Diisostearyl Malate , Isostearyl Lactate , Dimethicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate , Methoxypropylgluconamide , Ceteareth-20 , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Trideceth-12 , Cetrimonium Chloride , Parfum (Fragrance) , Isopropyl Alcohol , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Benzyl Benzoate , Citronellol , Amyl Cinnamal , Citric Acid , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone

on 11/7/2004 11:46:00 PM

I bought this to use on my mixed hilighted and low-lighted hair to help blend in some gray. My roots were a medium brown with highlights and low-lights on the rest of my medium lenght hair. I am very happy with the results. I bought the formula for medium to dark brown hair and left it on for 45 minutes to achieve the natural looking blonde that I love. No orange, red, or sunflower yellow for me. I will definitely buy again as long as I have someone lined up to help with the area that I can't do myself. Make sure you let it process past the bright yellow stage, and you will definitely not be disappointed! As good as any salon I've been to.

on 10/27/2004 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Update - Nine months later and I'm still loving this product! I've since learned how to use foil, and I use this product on my part and around my hairline in between visits to my colorist. I add a bit of conditioner to the mixture for protection and still get good lift. I've also learned that Revlon does not animal test - another reason to love Frost & Glow!

on 9/14/2004 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I couldn't believe this worked for me!!! I decided to give this a try after all of the reviews and my hair came out so professional looking that everyone thought I had it done in a salon. A few weeks ago I colored my hair Light Ash Brown (Colorsilk). The color was nice but way too dark for my over 35 face. I decided to add hightlights but only wanted a few so I thought I'd give Frost & Glow a try. What a difference it made...lightened my hair and softened my face, too. The color is a light blonde, more ash then golden. The quality of the kit is great, very easy to apply and in 40 minutes I was blonde! The only slight drawback is the time it takes to pull out the hair through the holes. I needed help with the back but did most of it myself. After I rinsed off the color and shampooed and conditioned, the color looked a little bit brassy but the next day it lightened into a nice light blond. Give this product a try..it is really worth it and you save at least $80 to $100.

This stuff is great. I am such a fool for wasting $100s on crummy highlights at a salon. This was so easy and did a much better job.

HG all the way.

on 9/2/2004 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just used the "frost & glow" blonding kit due to such high ratings. And it's true! I used the lightest shade which is intended for all-over blonding. But since I already had Dark blonde hair and just wanted dimension, I just mixed up the bleach and had a friend help me do foil highlights. I left the foils on for about 45 minutes, and the result is better than anything I've ever gotten out of a salon. And my hair feels conditioned and silky, not dried out like you would expect. I looooove this product and will so use it again!

on 8/31/2004 6:35:00 PM

I just tried this product after reading all the reviews here. I have to say its well worth the money. I wanted to be a blonde but all the hair color packages out there would not make the cut. They made my hair turn orange. I really wanted highlights so much. So I tied this product. The cap 'should' be done with two people, I also made the holes a little bigger since I have natural curly hair. I had to comb out many knots ...ouch! It doesn't smell real bad and instead of using the little stick it was easier for me to use my fingers with gloves on of course to coat each strand. After I was done I put the cap on and 50 minutes later (I had dark brown hair to begin with) and I couldn't believe my eyes to see the blonde streaks. I bought a second package and just did the rest of my hair and now I'm a real blonde all over with lighter highlights too! thanks for this site and for all your reviews. This one is highly recommended. Also I found mine on eBay!

on 8/23/2004 3:02:00 PM

Considering this is a drugstore highlighting kit, it is surprisingly easy and foolproof. It works quickly and you really could do it by yourself with relatively few errors. The conditioner works well, also. I love the way my hair feels after I use the conditioner, even though I've just stripped all the color out of it. Good buy.

on 8/19/2004 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the packaging....very old, very cool!
I was leary of trying this product at 1st, being that I had just colored my hair black. I was sure my hair was going to turn various shades of orange.....not the case. I only left it on for 15-20 mins and achived perfect caramel streaks! The best highlighting product. don't bother spending any more $$$$'s in the salon.

on 8/6/2004 11:17:00 AM

I decided to give this product a try after rave reviews on here. This product has been around so long and would of saved me $500 last year alone by not getting it professionally done. I was surprised how my highlights worked out. NO smell- No mess and easy too do. I got it at walmart for $7. MY hair looks awesome and not damaged!

on 7/31/2004 10:03:00 PM

I love the 70's! This product is straight out of 1971 and it still merits being on the market, outdated packaging and all! I did buy a different cap and needle (a metal one, easier to grab and pull) but the product itself is amazing. I was anxious b/c my strands looked a bit orange, but when I rinsed it was a lovely dark blonde -- perfect highlights for my medium-dark brown hair. There's a reason that some products stay on the market for decades and this is obviously one of them!

Popular Hair Color Products