July 31, 2014 | 1713 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Frost & Glow Highlighting Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2004 1:30:00 PM More reviews by svenus9

This product is the BEST!!! I tried it last night (just days after reading the reviews on makeupalley) and it is AMAZING! It really is the best thing ever. I'm Korean, so have very very very dark brown, but not quite black, hair. I put it on for about 25-30 and it gave me these blondish, light-brownish streaks all over. Also, unlike other highlighting kits, it did not make my hair dry/straw-like. Very Jessica Alba-ish. You might want to do a test strip on the underside of your hair first like they recommend to see how long you'll need to do it for. Also, make sure you spread the mixture evenly through the entire length of hair, not just on roots. Happy highlighting!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2004 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Princess36

I've been coloring my own dark brown hair for nearly 15 years now, but I usually spent $70-120 on summer hi-lights. Last year I tried the Loreal Cremelights and didn't really like the product. I then tried the Loreal Chunking hi-lights and loved the blonde result, but not the chunks of color. So I've been using a different cap with the Chunking.

Then I read the reviews here for this product. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Not only was it a quicker process, the cap perfectly placed nice thin highlights right where I wanted them. The BEST part is that I have ABSOLUTELY NO red/brassy/orange highlights at all. (Even after leaving the Loreal Chunking on for over 60 mins, I'd have mostly red/orange hi-lights with a few blonde strands.) I only left the Revlon product on for 30 mins and I have beautiful gold/blonde, natural hi-lights!

I also wanted everyone to know that I hi-lighted with this product immediately AFTER applying all over permanent color (Garnier Nutrisse/Acorn) with no damaging side effects. Another great thing - my hair does not have that bleached-out, dry as straw feeling that I'd get with the other products. This is an EXCELLENT product! Thank you Makeup Alley for the suggestions!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2004 8:09:00 PM More reviews by tinkerbell998

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like everyone else, I love this highlighting kit. I have had many bad experiences dying and highlighting my hair in the past and this was definetly not one of them! My hair usually turns orange and brassy when i lighten it, but this highlighting kit left me with natural blonde highlights. I didn't use the pull-through cap thing because I was scared that I would have splotchy highlights, but I used it when I low-lighted my hair and it worked out great! I like how the mix is blue so you can see where you put it on and it kind of gets hard when you put it on so it doesn't drip all over the place. The kit is $9.99 and worth every penny!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2004 7:45:00 PM More reviews by janifer

Having not tried any other highlighting products before, I can't compare this to anything else. I used this on my black hair, and after 50-55 minutes it lightened it to a orangish-gold color, which I didn't mind since afterwards I used a hair color in medium ash brown to cool the color down. I love the results (dark brown-caramel highlights); however, I probably wouldn't use this product alone unless I wanted garish orange highlights.
Btw, the cap works great (a little painful though)~ I have long hair, and it stayed pretty much tangle-free as long as I brushed it well before using the cap.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2004 8:46:00 PM More reviews by LeLe21

WOW!!!! This stuff is awesome!!! I used the highlighting kit for light brown to blonde hair color and it lightened beautifully. I have light brown hair and afterwards I had a great mixture of medium and light blonde highlights! I don't no if I will ever pay $95 for highlights again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2004 9:55:00 PM More reviews by jess1228

After using this stuff, I was really pissed off. No, not because it ruined my hair, but because it made me realize I have wasted hundreds upon hundreds of dollars getting my hair highlighted at the salon when I could have done it at home for $10! This stuff is FABULOUS. It gave me gorgeous highlights on my medium brown hair for summertime. I love it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2004 5:39:00 PM More reviews by peppermintgirl

My mother has tried almost every highlighting kit out there. The ones she hasn't tried I have tried. We both agree this is the best drugstore highlighting kit. It lifts the color very well. Some highlighting kits wont lighten past the color orange but this one (depending on how long you leave it on) will lighten all the way to platinum. You can watch the color lift to orange then yellow then white. We rinse it off when it turns yellow. I bleached my nephews whole head with this. It doesn't have a brassy tinge either! cinco lippies!

EDIT 9/17/04: I would like to add that I use the medium to dark brown kit. I don't think the one for blonde hair would lift the brassyness out as well as the dark brown one does.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2004 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Fiona1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thank God for MUA!!! I have light red hair, and wanted pale blonde highlights - a bit nervewracking when you consider all the shades of orange I could end up with. I bought this kit on the strength of the MUA reviews alone and I am SO HAPPY!!!! My hair looks exactly the way I wanted it. I left it on for 30 minutes and ended up with perfect pale blonde streaks, not the slightest hint of orange anywhere. Thanks so much to all of you who reviewed this before! :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2004 1:11:00 PM More reviews by LanaLang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this is the best highlighting kit out there. I have dark brown/black Asian hair and this kit gave me blonde resluts. (Not orange like the L'Oreal Cremelights) I left it on for about 30-35min. After I washed it out, I applied L'Oreal's ColorSpa semi-perm dye in Teak, a light ash brown, and I got the highlights that I wanted. I don't use the cap that is provided with the kit though, because I find that it sometimes leaks and you get blotches of blonde spots, so I use a professional highlighting cap (Magicap) and it gives me perfect results. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2004 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Brendab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the best hightlighting kit I've found. It doesn't seem to dry my hair or turn it orange like others (L'oreal). If left on an hour, it takes my light brown/dark blonde hair to a perfect light, golden blonde color. (Just pull small loops of hair through the cap for re-touching roots).

Nothing comes close to the job my colorist does, but this is perfect for using in between visits to the salon.