October 23, 2014 | 877 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2005 9:34:00 AM More reviews by happyworldz

This gives me a sqeaky clean feeling. Great to remove makeup including eye makeup, but not waterproof ones. Expensive but probably WILL repurchase cuz the performance is great and one tube will last years! You only need a small amount to remove makeup and the product will foam up. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2005 12:24:00 PM More reviews by leonie_au

I got one of these in a GWP and found it was nothing remarkable. It removed my makeup perfectly but my skin didn't feel clean afterwards... as if it'd left a grubby film on my skin. :S I prefer clear gel cleansers nowadays.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2005 3:37:00 PM More reviews by MaureenAnn

I've gone through quite a few tubes of this over the years. I stray, but always come back to it. My skin is combo/oily but gets very dehydrated during the winter months. It's also somewhat sensitive to certain cleansers. Clinique's Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser is one of the few cleansers I've found that does a decent job of removing dirt & makeup without drying my skin or breaking me out. I've tried a few other cleansers over the years, but none of them leave my skin feeling soft and moisturized (but clean) the way this does. I really wish they'd change the packaging, though. The cap always ends up getting gunky and it doesn't travel well. Inevatibly the flip-top cap will open during travel and make a huge mess.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2005 11:41:00 AM More reviews by superjunkie

old fashioned liquid soap. Leaves the familiar film behind and burns eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2005 6:28:00 PM More reviews by AlFitz614

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this to remove my makeup, and I really like it. It doesn't over dry my skin, and it removes even my waterproof mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2005 2:36:00 PM More reviews by ScrubQueen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Normal Skin

I ended up picking this up because I ran out of my normal cleanser, which I can't purchase at any mall near here and I knew it would take a few days to get from Sephora.

I at least expected it to cleanse my face. I wasn't looking for much.

Good grief. This was terrible. It didn't even get my *makeup* off. Not even almost. I didn't feel clean afterwards and I felt like I had a thin film all over my face, which was truly grotesque feeling. After using it once, I tossed it and just went to the drugstore for some Neutrogena until my skincare arrived in the mail.

I would seriously discourage anyone from using any of the Clinique skincare line.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2005 5:00:00 AM More reviews by baybee_love

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser gives that "sqeaky clean" feeling, but it makes my skin a little dry after wards

neverthe less, this cleanser makes my skin feel and look healthy and clean after used the first time.

but too drying.
nice and rich.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2005 5:34:00 AM More reviews by villanelle_lancs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this as a substitute when my usual cleanser, Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish, started to break me out. It's a pretty good rinse-off cleanser that I find gets rid of makeup. However, I found it slightly drying and for that reason I probably won't repurchase. Whilst we're on the subject, can I just complain once again about the Clinique SAs' hard-sell approach; I was told I needed to buy the 3-step programme as well as the cleanser, and would need to wash my face with soap AFTER using cleanser - making 4 steps not 3!! I thought this kind of cynical, manipulative ploy went out with the 80's - apparently not. I mean, who wants to spend hours in the bathroom every day? So, a good product but a bad experience - will buy my Clinique products on ebay from now on, and cut out the interference.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2005 6:11:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

Are we all reviewing the same cleanser here? Because this didn't do a damn thing as far as removing makeup!! I even tried massaging this into my skin for a few minutes befroe I rinsed it off! After washing my face with this I used my toner and I still had a bunch of makeup left on my face! The cotton ball I used literally looked like my makeup sponges after I use them to apply foundation! And I don't cake on my makeup either! I got the four ounce sample size of this in a gift set. Definitely won't be purchasing the full-size version! My $2.50 Suave Facial Cleanser does a better job at cleaning than this!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2005 12:13:00 AM More reviews by nann1028

Too drying for my combo skin in the wintertime. In the summer, it leaves my skin squeaky clean but slightly tight. I like how a little dollop will foam up a lot when mixed with water.