Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 6/1/2007 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i first tried these a few years ago for moderate acne and it worked great. didn't get rid of all of my acne, but it was definitely helping. so i bought another tube recently. my acne is more severe this time around. although spiro and ram have done a helped a lot, i was still having small breakouts. the ram also makes me a bit more sensitive. so when i tried again recently, i wasn't too surprised that my face felt really dry and was slightly red after. so i wouldn't recommend this to those with sensitive skin. this also irritates and dries my eyelids, so definitely avoid the eye area when washing. i can't use this as a mask this time around either bc the menthol is just to irritating for me. in fact, i wish they didn't put menthol or so much fragrance in this product as it's really unnecessary.

on 5/26/2007 4:25:00 AM

This is an amazingly effective cleanser at such a cheap price! I have fairly sensitive, normal-combination skin, which has been oilier and prone to breakouts since I stopped taking the Pill a few months ago. This cleanser cleared my skin up within 3 days - I haven't had a pimple since, and can hardly see any clogged pores! My aesthetician noticed the difference when she looked at my skin under those frightening bright lights, and told me it's looking much clearer than usual. I love the cooling effect and have had no irritation at all, nor do I experience dryness after usage. I've used so many high-end cleansers, but this cheapie beats them all.

on 5/23/2007 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Goodness, I can't believe I havent written about this yet, I use it every morning, and I really do believe this has tremendously helped control my acne, other than my Hair, Skin & Nails supplement and a silica supplement. In the week before my period I use it 2 times a day sometimes, because that is when my skin freaks out. I like the tingly/cooling feeling, it really feels like it is cleaning my skin, but not stripping it to a arid desert. I follow up with Korres Anti-Stress moisturizer and I am done! This is an absolutely wonderful product, I hope they never discontinue it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use this only as a mask and I really like it. I use it a couple of times a week and it really seems to help keep my skin clear. I have been pleased and will definitely repurchase.

on 5/13/2007 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

i did see improvement in my acne when i was using this product. however, i couldnt take my hair being bleached around the edges,towels being bleached, and i didnt like the consistency of it-it didnt feel like i was really cleaning my skin well.

on 5/12/2007 1:30:00 AM

I bought this and used it today as a mask. I tend to be sensative to BP when applied as a lotion, but I liked the way this mask worked. It cools as it dries and it tightened my skin a bit but didn't dry it out any more than other masks I have used. I wouldn't suggest it for anyone with dry skin, but normal to oily types might enjoy it. I also like that I can use it as a cleanser as well, maybe to help control the occasional serious breakout session. Will post an update after I have used it more.

luv this stuff

tingly, cool feeling + clears up acne, without stripping off the top layer of ur skin or drying u out

i just wish it lasted longer, but then again .. it's a 2-in-one so im using twice as much. :/

on 4/30/2007 12:19:00 AM

I highly recommend trying this if you have acne-prone skin like I do. I don't use this as a cleanser (I use Cetaphil instead), but I use this as a mask twice a week after washing my face. It sucks up all the excess oil without drying me out. It has also helped to fade some of my red leftover acne scars around my jawline. I hope they never discontinue this product.

on 4/24/2007 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

This is an updated review.
I use this only 1x in the evenings to wash my face and take m/u off. It works great. I really have to pay attention when I'm rinsing it off though because this is rather thick and pasty and will stick to the skin, especially around the hairline.
I love the way this feels on my skin, slightly tingly, but not irritating at all. Immediately upon rinsing it off, my skin looks radiant, pores are tight and smooth.
I also have to mention that I was going through a period of time when my hormones went nuts on me and my skin began breaking out into huge pimples, which I rarely got in the past. This, along with Tazorac cleared my skin up in 2 days. I'm not even lying!!!
So glad I gave this product a second chance because I had originally written a bad review for it thinking this was the cause of my irritated skin. I'm so happy with it that I went and purchased a backup! HG material!

on 4/13/2007 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have had a long... looooong battle with cleansers. So, for me to rave about this one and say its an HG cleanser is HUGE!! But, I seriously love this cleanser and it is now a staple in my skin care routine. My skin is very picky and acne prone, it's oily in the summer and more normal/combo in winter. I find my skin does not like sallyic acid at all (I get worse irritation breakouts when I use SA) and so my acne will only respond to BP cleansers and products. I use Proactiv's wash in the morning, but I prefer to use this cleanser at night because it's creamy and more soothing after a long day. I use makeup removing wipes first, then wash with this. I only use it as a cleanser, it's a little too strong for me to use as a full on mask though. But, the smell is nice, the texture is great.... the only thing, like others have mentioned... is the bottle is a little frustrating and the caps on some bottles don't open and close easily.