Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

4.2

New formula: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Mica]

on 11/18/2007 6:06:00 AM

I adore Double Wear foundation, so I thought this would complement it beautifully. Like the foundation, it feels light and has good staying power, but I won't repurchase. I'm extremely pale with pronounced undereye circles, and the lightest shade of Double Wear Concealer was too dark for me, and very yellow. Combined with bluish undertones beneath my eyes, this concealer made my eyes look quite a lurid, obvious green colour. Other people even made this observation, which is totally not what you want from a concealer! Also, because it's such a light fluid consistency, it's difficult to build up, and when I tried it ended up looking greyish and cakey. A lot of concealers are too dark or too yellow for my pale complexion and undereye bags, so this may not be a really objective review, and this product would probably work beautifully for someone with a healthier skin tone and less pronounced discolouration below the eyes. I will say it sits nicely on the skin and doesn't exacerbate lines and wrinkles, but it's not for me!

on 11/15/2007 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this concealer and I really can't say that I hate it but I definitely won't be repurchasing. The coverage is good and it absorbs somewhat well,, BUT boy does it make your skin dry dry dry! It's like it sucked all the oil out of my skin and I have really oily skin. And even though it covered mt undereye circles well, it really didn't do much for my dark spots and because it's so drying, I ended up looking made-up and cakey. I gave it 3 lippies because it does stay in place and may work well for others...

on 11/14/2007 7:59:00 AM

I bought this in Medium and I think it works well for the eyes but NOT on my face cuz this stuff breaks me out like DW foundation =((((( The colour and coverage are good though but wouldn't buy again.

on 11/3/2007 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It's a decent concealer but not great. It does not cover acne scar well because of its liquid texture, it can be used as undereye concealer but because its thickness, it does not blend easily and a few hours after applying, the product settles and fine line around the delicate eye area become visible. The tip of the wand applicator gets worn so easily, the cotton part of the tip of mine was torn off just a few months after I used it and I don't use it too often.The Estee Lauder Smoothing Cream concealer works much better for undereye area and the price is cheaper. I might consider buying it again because of the SPF 10.

I really like this concealer. It doesn't make me look like i have wrinkles and it stays put. So much better than Lancome's Effacernes.

on 10/23/2007 10:29:00 AM

I absolutely detest this concealer. It covers well due to the thick consistency but after about half an hour, it looks cakey and obvious! The staying power is also minimal and disappointing. To make matters worse, due to the lack of moisturising properties in the Double Wear Stay-in Place Concealer, the product settles into my fine lines and leaves me with an unrested, worn-out appearance.

I don't recommend this concealer considering the low quality, limited shade/colour range and the high price. This product could not compare to the Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch in my opinion. I recommend Giorgio Armani HPR over this, it is much more effective in providing coverage which actually lasts and looks natural.

I expected better from Estee Lauder. To be honest, I find it really odd how it seems to be working well for most people with the exception of myself and a few others but unfortunately, that seems to happen with all products nowadays.

on 10/10/2007 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very runny concealer, which makes it great for undereye. However, this did not give good coverage on my acne scars due to its runniness. This is a so so concealer in my opinion....and the double wear foundation gives better coverage than this concealer

This concealer rocks my world. It covers imperfections, blemishes, and puffy eyes completely. It blends in very well - you'll be the only one who knows you're wearing it. It leaves a smooth matte finish that doesn't interfere with the beauty of your foundation or your skin. And there's a shade for almost every skin tone. I love it. It's kind of pricey for concealers, but then, it lasts all day through rain, tears, smog, and work, and the average concealer wouldn't. So I'd say it's worth the price.

on 9/24/2007 10:22:00 AM

Totally awesome concealer!....I am close to MAC NW25, and I wear light-medium which works well with my skintone. This stuff is great for the undereyes as well as covering up blemishes or redness. It never gets cakey or settles in fine lines, and it wears pretty well through the long 12 hr shifts that I work. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a good concealer:) This tempts me to investigate more EL products....

I'm in love with this concealer. Although I'm generally opposed to thick makeup formulas, this product's creamy consistency doesn't hinder it at all when it comes time to blend-- you'll need to move quickly to set it the way you want it, but it will never streak or smudge unless you yourself want it to. Unlike a few other reviewers who have used this under their eyes, I don't find it gets chalky or powdery at the end of a long and humid day... In fact, I've never before found a concealer that stayed so fresh-looking after literally hours and hours of wear. I also have a considerable amount of scarring (as well as the occasional breakout), and this covers very well without appearing too heavy. What I love about it, actually, is that it requires very little product to do the job-- just a small dab from the wand to your fingertip should cover quite a bit. As for the color, I found that the lightest shade is actually very neutral... Yes, there's a little bit of pink, but then there's also a little bit of yellow. I think it could work well with a variety of skin colors, but I use it with my EL Double Wear foundation in Shell (a cool-toned porcelain) and it looks pretty darn good. Would buy again.