August 28, 2014 | 1685 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2007 7:25:00 PM More reviews by sweetcaroline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great long lasting concealor! It really does last ALL day (I use this on scars, redness, not dark circles) and it stands up to my constant rubbing and smearing my face with my hands. I chose Light-medium for my MAC NC35 skin and it works well. For reference, I've tried MUFE full cover, MAC moisturecover, BECCA, Revlon colorstay, just to name a few...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2007 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

Thank god for MUA because I never would have tried this otherwise. What an amazing concealer. Right now it's my HG. I've tried all the famous ones and some I like quite a bit - Amazing, MUFE, Cle de Peau, etc. However finding one that a) looks natural b) covers my dark circles c) doesn't look dry or tired d) actually lasts on my oily skin e) doesn't require a lot of skin pulling - is always a trick. I find I usually have to sacrifice at least one of my criteria. Yet this one hits all of them. It is a bit dry - however I wear eye cream and (knock on wood) don't have any lines so it looks good and lasts forever. I just think someone with drier skin or wrinkles would find this too dry. Right now though it's amazingly long-lasting and makes me look so much younger and fresher. After I put it on, I don't find myself admiring my concealer - I find myself admiring my perfect skin because it looks that natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Myfugitive

Great product. Lasts forever. I put this on AFTER my double wear foundation. And after I apply this, I go over it all with the Lucidity Loose Powder, and it lasts till I take it off. If you like the DW foundation, youll like this too. Well worth the 20 bucks. One wand has lasted me 5 months and still going.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2007 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Kristineh

A pretty good concealer all in all. It covers well and is easy to apply, but makes red blemishes slightly "blue-ish". Still lasts for a long time. The lightest isn't all that light, so I'd say the color spectre isn't all that good. The price is allright and I'll probably repurchase, but I'll try some other brands first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2007 11:50:00 AM More reviews by girlingoldboots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG concealer. I used to use Prescriptives Camouflage Cream, but I just think this stuff covers and blends more. I buy two at a time because I never want to be without this stuff, especially when I break out. Definitely try it if you need more coverage. As for under the eyes, it *might* not be moisturizing enough for some people, but I use it all over and it works fine. *UPDATE* 3-29-2010- I stopped using this after the last time I bought it because the color I always get just stopped matching my skin. I don't know if the color formulation changed or what, but the lighter color is too pink, and my usual shade is now too dark. I mainly use this on my chin/neckline and there's just no way to blend it without it looking obvious.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2006 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Moriana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this concealer as had read really good reviews about it. Am still after 15 years still on the search for the ultimate concealer for dark circles.
I have for years used Estee Lauders maximum cover lightweight foundation as a concealer with good results but in the last couple of years found it emphasised the growing number of fine lines around my eyes.
Initially bought shade 3 (medium) but found it a little dark so bought shade 2(light medium) and blended the two together.
I found that once applied the product needed to be blended quickly and then left for a minute or two to set.
The result was pretty good considering the high level of coverage required and really stayed put all day but I found as the day went on it began to make the eye area look a bit crepey and aged :(
I found the concealer easy to remove but after a few days wear decided it was beginning to dry the eye contour area out and resolved to wear it on special occasions rather than on a daily basis.
I would reccomend it to people who had dark areas to hide but not for those who are beginning to have fine lines and crepeiness as I feel this product emphasises this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 12:21:00 AM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is it. I finally found it. Before this I used Vincent Longo's concealer in the pot. I still really really love that one a lot but for my needs this one just holds up better. My main problem is redness around my nose. I rarely put concealer around my eyes because no matter what it always goes into the fine lines that my 41 year old skin is developing. I am outside a lot. I have a runny nose from november to may every year and nothing has withstood the occasional nose blowing I do throughtout a wintery day, except this stuff. It really does stay in place. And it looks completely natural. I am an NW20 and I use the lightest color. I have also used this at the inner corner of my eyes where I have some blue discoloration and this also seems to be immune to runny eyes as well. This is a really great product and I pray they never stop making it. There is nothing else that I have found that works as well as this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2006 10:31:00 AM More reviews by cody08

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

great concealer i wear the double wear foundation so these two work well together a bit expensive though for such a small tube

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2006 9:33:00 AM More reviews by sassiko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This concealer does stay put for most of the day, although I do tend to touch up just before I leave work, and the coverage is good. The only major problem I have with this concealer is that it settles into fine lines and really highlights them. The colour, in medium light, also is slightly dark when it dries, but light is too light, so I have to mix it with my YSL touche eclat. The colour is just a personal problem, but I think highlighting wrinkles would probably affect most users.
Update: After using it for a few days now, i have realised that there are pinky tones to this conealer, which just highlight my bags as I am a neutral/yellow tone. I certainly will not be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2006 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Somo

pretty darn good...doesn't dry out (blemishes), convenient, price is well....
a little pink...but not noticeable