September 30, 2014 | 951 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2007 7:33:00 PM More reviews by beantowngrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the estee lauder double wear powder foundation a lot & hoped that I could use the concealor too. Saw all the great reviews on here & checked it out. There was no shade that matched Every single shade had pink in it & had no yellow base. The one I tried that was closest to my skin tone did not cover anything. Was not impressed at all.
I am looking for something for my acne scars. So far I have been using the prescriptives concealor but its hard to blend & never sets on my skin no matter how much I pat with powder or anything.
I gues my search goes on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2007 9:56:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its a good so-so concealer, nothing special. Coverage is not the great, and I use a concealer brush to blend around my eyes. I do like the fact that it doesnt get watery when I get teary eyed due to the wind, especially since I wear contacts. It lasts ok on other parts of my face but again, the coverage is very light-medium and I like a medium-full coverage cuz thats the reason why I use a concealer, I want coverage! UPDATE: I wore this under my eyes when I went to the beach, and this stayed beyond my expectations! I have upped all the lippies! I still stand by that it only offers natural light-medium coverage , I still prefer medium to full coverage. While I will use up all the product, I am going to keep searching for a full coverage waterproof concealer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2007 5:38:00 PM More reviews by chandarae

Their new color formultions are so much better than before. I'm a Fresco in Double Wear foundation and the light/medium concealer works well for me. With this and the D.W. foundation and powder, my makeup is set for the day. The formula is really thin, but very pigmented, so a little goes a long way. I have very dry skin, but this doesn't leave crepey looking wrinkles under my eyes, so it's a keeper!!! Would repurchase again!

I have to update and give it 3 lippies b/c it doesn't last all day if I don't use it with the double wear foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2007 7:25:00 PM More reviews by sweetcaroline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great long lasting concealor! It really does last ALL day (I use this on scars, redness, not dark circles) and it stands up to my constant rubbing and smearing my face with my hands. I chose Light-medium for my MAC NC35 skin and it works well. For reference, I've tried MUFE full cover, MAC moisturecover, BECCA, Revlon colorstay, just to name a few...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2007 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

Thank god for MUA because I never would have tried this otherwise. What an amazing concealer. Right now it's my HG. I've tried all the famous ones and some I like quite a bit - Amazing, MUFE, Cle de Peau, etc. However finding one that a) looks natural b) covers my dark circles c) doesn't look dry or tired d) actually lasts on my oily skin e) doesn't require a lot of skin pulling - is always a trick. I find I usually have to sacrifice at least one of my criteria. Yet this one hits all of them. It is a bit dry - however I wear eye cream and (knock on wood) don't have any lines so it looks good and lasts forever. I just think someone with drier skin or wrinkles would find this too dry. Right now though it's amazingly long-lasting and makes me look so much younger and fresher. After I put it on, I don't find myself admiring my concealer - I find myself admiring my perfect skin because it looks that natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Myfugitive

Great product. Lasts forever. I put this on AFTER my double wear foundation. And after I apply this, I go over it all with the Lucidity Loose Powder, and it lasts till I take it off. If you like the DW foundation, youll like this too. Well worth the 20 bucks. One wand has lasted me 5 months and still going.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2007 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Kristineh

A pretty good concealer all in all. It covers well and is easy to apply, but makes red blemishes slightly "blue-ish". Still lasts for a long time. The lightest isn't all that light, so I'd say the color spectre isn't all that good. The price is allright and I'll probably repurchase, but I'll try some other brands first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2007 11:50:00 AM More reviews by girlingoldboots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG concealer. I used to use Prescriptives Camouflage Cream, but I just think this stuff covers and blends more. I buy two at a time because I never want to be without this stuff, especially when I break out. Definitely try it if you need more coverage. As for under the eyes, it *might* not be moisturizing enough for some people, but I use it all over and it works fine. *UPDATE* 3-29-2010- I stopped using this after the last time I bought it because the color I always get just stopped matching my skin. I don't know if the color formulation changed or what, but the lighter color is too pink, and my usual shade is now too dark. I mainly use this on my chin/neckline and there's just no way to blend it without it looking obvious.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2006 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Moriana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this concealer as had read really good reviews about it. Am still after 15 years still on the search for the ultimate concealer for dark circles.
I have for years used Estee Lauders maximum cover lightweight foundation as a concealer with good results but in the last couple of years found it emphasised the growing number of fine lines around my eyes.
Initially bought shade 3 (medium) but found it a little dark so bought shade 2(light medium) and blended the two together.
I found that once applied the product needed to be blended quickly and then left for a minute or two to set.
The result was pretty good considering the high level of coverage required and really stayed put all day but I found as the day went on it began to make the eye area look a bit crepey and aged :(
I found the concealer easy to remove but after a few days wear decided it was beginning to dry the eye contour area out and resolved to wear it on special occasions rather than on a daily basis.
I would reccomend it to people who had dark areas to hide but not for those who are beginning to have fine lines and crepeiness as I feel this product emphasises this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 12:21:00 AM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is it. I finally found it. Before this I used Vincent Longo's concealer in the pot. I still really really love that one a lot but for my needs this one just holds up better. My main problem is redness around my nose. I rarely put concealer around my eyes because no matter what it always goes into the fine lines that my 41 year old skin is developing. I am outside a lot. I have a runny nose from november to may every year and nothing has withstood the occasional nose blowing I do throughtout a wintery day, except this stuff. It really does stay in place. And it looks completely natural. I am an NW20 and I use the lightest color. I have also used this at the inner corner of my eyes where I have some blue discoloration and this also seems to be immune to runny eyes as well. This is a really great product and I pray they never stop making it. There is nothing else that I have found that works as well as this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No