August 27, 2014 | 968 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2003 2:58:00 AM More reviews by gummybug

The good thing about it is that you can reapply your make-up right after you take it off. No need to wash your face because of oily residue. This remover doesn't have any. A plus if your skin is prone to breakouts, also.

The slight dryiness it may leave some people feeling is easily cured by a dab of eye cream. In any case, it'll save you time if you're on the go.

The bad thing is that it's not absolutely perfect at removing waterproof mascara. It worked fine with Maybelline, and it did a pretty decent job on the L'Oreal, but I wouldn't even bother trying it on anything like Rubinstein. If you're a Rimmel girl though, it should be just fine fine fine... companies always tailor their removers after the mascaras.

----------
EDIT:
Two weeks after I started uzing it, it completely "fizzed out"! It was not even budging the same mascara it took off before. Now I have to throw out more than half the bottle. POO!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2003 11:03:00 PM More reviews by andromeda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an oil-free eye makeup remover that does a decent job removing waterproof makeup. It does not irritate my sensitive eyes nor give stinging sensation and no trace of oiliness at all. I did have to rub my lashes a few times however, it removes waterproof mascara better than other oil-free makeup remover. I still think oil-based remover is the best for removing waterproof mascara without having to tug at your lashes. I don't think I will be buying this again, but for those of you who use regular mascara, $4.97 for 4.2 oz is a great bargain, so give it a try!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2003 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Shells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I guess I'm the odd one out because I didn't like this at all. You get a tall, thin 4.2 oz bottle for $5 and from now on I'll just put up the extra $3 for Sephora's 5 oz eye makeup remover. I bought this in a pinch and ended up throwing it out. I had to really RUB to get my eye makeup off and even then I'd wake up with raccoon eyes. It stung a little too.I ended up having to go over the same eye over and over. Yes it's cheap but it's not worth it if it doesn't work. Baby oil is my new *in a pinch* product of choice! I'd never buy this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2003 10:52:00 AM More reviews by princess22222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While this stuff DID take off my eye makeup well, it stung too much. I'll stick to my MAC Pro remover. If you have very sensitive eyes, pass on this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2003 12:59:00 AM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up on my last trip from Walmart. I needed a new make-up remover because I ran out of my GWP Estee Lauder one. This comes in a pretty large sized bottle. Just a little bit takes off all of my eye make-up including my Bobbi Brown Gel Liners. Best of all it doesn't burn or sting!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2003 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Mookie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was really surprised at how well this stuff takes off my waterproof mascara and it doesn't sting nor is it oily. Plus you get a big bottle of it for $5. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2003 3:15:00 AM More reviews by amber311_1

This is such a good product. It takes off all your eye makeup with ease, even waterproof mascara. You dont have to scrub at your eye to get your makeup off and it doesnt sting at all. Its very cheap too under $5.00 a bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2002 12:35:00 AM More reviews by goldee

i don't use waterproof eye makeup, but this product removed my regular makeup completely without any irritation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2002 12:19:00 AM More reviews by nuyearbabee

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the only eye MU remover I use. I don't wear waterproof eye makeup so I'm not sure on how well this works on that. But I do know that it completely takes off mine. Doesn't leave a film or make my eyes blurry. Makes my eyes feel "clean". And being oil-free is plus also. And I like the bottle, if you accidently knock the bottle over it won't spill all out. Yet, a little squeeze dispenses it out. I really like it. UPDATE: Used it to take off the BB Gel and it got every last trace. I'm so happy w/ this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2002 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Suki73

This product removes non-waterproof eye makeup quickly and thoroughly, leaving no oily residue. I have sensitive eyes (I wear hard contacts) and I have not experienced any stinging or cloudiness using this product. I deducted a point because it does seem somewhat drying, but not enough to discontinue use. I had been using Biotherm (a gel formula) and have tried several types of brands and formulas, and was pleasantly surprised with this product. (I don't use WP eye makeup, so I can't say how it will work to remove that.) A 4.2 fl oz bottle runs approx. $5.00.