October 21, 2014 | 912 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2008 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great brush. It was the first MAC brush I ever bought and it is good for applying colour in a wash. I use it for very basic stuff really but it's definitely an essential brush, along with the 217.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2008 3:34:00 AM More reviews by abbazabba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have the SE one from holiday 07 heirlooms collection. i'm not sure if its just me, but the bristles feel a little rough on the skin. but overall i still love this brush as an all over eyelid color applicator. i use this to apply my paint pots as well

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2008 12:01:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

WHY did I wait so long to buy this little treasure?

The 239 is the perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect lid brush!

The 239 features soft but dense bristles that magically pick up just the right amount of color when swept across a powder eyeshadow.

I used my 239 for the first time with MAC "Clue," a shadow I loved but couldn't get to show up quite as well as I'd wanted. The 239 makes ALL the difference. For the first time, I can see the slight silver shimmer in "Clue" on my *lids,* not just in the *pan.*

The 239's sturdy handle feels "quality," and makes for easy handling. If you have large eyes, as I do, it may take more than one swipe with the 239 to completely cover your lid, but that's insignificant.

If you're on a tight budget and/or prefer to keep your brush collection to a minimum, I HIGHLY suggest that you get the 239.

I really think that if you have the 239 for lids, the 224 for creases and the 309 for lining, you can do a really professional-looking eye makeup with just those three brushes.

The 239 is about $25 USD, but it's worth every cent!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by PinkFix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The 239 is my perfect lid brush. I have plenty of other MAC brushes but the 239 is just THE brush. I always grab for it when I'm doing my main lid color. It's so soft, it picks up so much product, and it applies it so vibrant and flawlessly. If you are going to invest in one MAC brush, get the 239.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 2:16:00 PM More reviews by keahi

This is without a doubt my favorite eyeshadow brush ever! I use it for pretty much everything except eyeliner. This always seems to apply the right amount of pigment, shade the lid perfectly, blends, etc. My eyeshadow just doesn't look as good when I have to use other brushes. I currently own 3 of these. 3! I use it so much that constant washing out is almost impossible. I don't even want to think about having to go without my 239. I will definitely replace when the time comes, and maybe even compulsively buy more just to have on hand. If you don't yet have this brush--get it. I don't see how you could regret the purchase. I've had my first one for at least 2 years now and it is still in near-perfect shape. The quality is top-notch.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by laughing

This is a great everyday shadow brush! Its SUPER soft but still firm and dense. It is paddle shaped with tapered edges that allow it to pick up a lot of color. Great for packing on color all over lid. You can also use it on your brow bone or turn it sideways for crease work when you're in a hurry. One problem: It is a bit small.. but its still an amazing must-have brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2008 2:02:00 PM More reviews by OolilredoO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is a must have for everyone! This is a great brush for packing on eyeshadows to achieve great pigmentation. This brush gives precise application for my very small asian lids. To deepen the look of my swallon-looking eyes, i always use 239 to pack on a little MAC carbon eyeshadow near the lashline of my out lids and blend it up a little. This instantly makes my eyes look much bigger and awake. I own a lot of brushes, and this is the only brush that can get this done super fast and easy. I will buy this again and again and again. But I doubt if this will happen anytime soon because my 239 never shed once and keeps its shape super well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by KiuKiu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

*Picture Included*

This brush is a staple for me. It's a paddle brush with white bristles that are impossibly soft and flexible! Before this, I used Bare Escentuals Wet/ Dry Shadow Brush and I thought it was a great brush. After I got this, I realized how hard and stiff the bristles of BE actually were! Also, the bristles on the 239 are shorter and easier to work with. I find that this brush is really great at making the eyeshadow really vibrant, but it is also excellent at blending since the bristles are "moveable". I love this brush!

continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2008 7:44:00 AM More reviews by lynbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you only ever buy just one eyeshadow brush, make it this one. This paddle brush is perfectly sized to the eye area, making subtle washes a breeze. It excels at building deep color, too. Also, if turned on its side, the #239 can be used to add depth to the crease. If cared for properly, this brush will last a good while. It's worth the money - a wise investment.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2007 4:46:00 AM More reviews by windchijmes

This is one great brush that I would definitely re-purchase. It has fine, firm white bristles that are excellent at picking up eyeshadow, and depositing it on the lids. It is also good at blending colours.

If I have any grouse with this brush at all, it's that the price isn't exactly cheap. But for the quality it gives you, it's totally worth it. A great versatile eyeshadow brush!