September 2, 2014 | 1898 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2007 7:08:00 AM More reviews by charlotte005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Avène Thermal Water Spray doesn't seem to do anything for my skin. I woke up with dry-ish/tight skin today and decided to use the spray and evaluate the effect...well, the results were disappointing, either it didn't improve the condition of my skin at all, or it worsened it slightly...I got it for free with another Avéne product, so I can't comment on the price. The packaging ...well, I had a special sample size that's quite a bit smaller than the regular ones, so I'll refrain from rating that as well and just give it a 3. Overall, I give the product a 2 because it is definitely cooling and thus may help to soothe red areas.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2007 5:37:00 PM More reviews by LadyBug_here

Skintype: DSPW
I've tried the Avene spray about 2 times and it's not doing anything for me. LRP thermal water is more hydrating and calming for my skin. I will not be buying this again and I will be giving this away for swap to someone who use it regularly.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2007 11:44:00 AM More reviews by benz909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been researching and reading trying to find the perfect skin care product that would help my poor, acne prone, combination, dull red skin. I tried lots that would work for a while, and then make it worse. This is a fantastic product! It comes in a tin, which is probably the best way of packaging it, and it makes you feel like the way you should feel- yourself, but healthy! The only two things are , it is a bit expensive, but i guess since its so wonderful its worth it! Secondly that it takes a little while (at least for my skin!) to sooth the redness, but you do feel very revitilised after just using it! I never felt so beautiful in my life, and i've been recieveing comliments on how healthy i look!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2007 6:55:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Avene thermal water is a very fine mist spray. I use this to set my makeup, instead of toner, as an all-over spritz on a hot day, and after peels/microdermabrasion. Definitely seems to calm irritated skin. I like this better than Evian spray water which I do not notice any calming effect from.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2007 5:40:00 PM More reviews by BerlinerPooh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used quite a few mineral water sprays (Vichy, La Roche Posay, Evian etc) and liked them all. I am using this one at the moment as my pharmacist told me it's the only brand which is actually bottled sterile at the source. I do not know if this makes a huge difference in the quality/performance of the product but ... it is the most expensive one at the pharmacy, that is true!

I have a multitude of uses for this: I spray after cleansing to freshen/tone and apply moisturiser while my skin is still damp; after a full facial to calm and before any AHA/BHA or Retinol treatments as a buffer. I keep one bottle in the fridge for a nice cool down on a hot day, have a smaller version in my bag for a quick spritz during the day, I never travel by plane without it. I spray it all over my makeup - gives a nice glow! I also use it on my hair the day after washing it, if it's not dirty but needs a style revamp ... the fine mist does not make the hair sopping wet but just enough before a quick blowdry. I actually think it adds shine because it's low in minerals and pH neutral, so no build up. I could go on ... :o)

I will probably stick with this one as I use other Avene products which I am very happy with.

NB : I do not recommend purchasing the 300ml (or bigger) can of this as the nozzle seems to not work properly when the bottle is half full. I end up having to throw away when it is about 1/3 as it stops spraying completely. Been caught out 3 times now and am sure it's not me!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2007 8:29:00 AM More reviews by alice_alix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is very nice thermal water, one of the best. I even had a very expensive Sisley's but this one is better! Anyway, I don't use such products very often, I usually even forget that I have it at home. :) But when I'll buy next one I'll buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2007 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Raaygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Avene Thermal Water is a definite staple in my routine. I have very dry, acne-prone, mild-rosacean skin, and this product keeps my face hydrated, without having to reply a pore-clogging moisturizer throughout the day. It's soothing and it controls my facial redness. I have used Evian and Lumene facial sprays, but the Avene spray is my favorite, as it seems to be more effective at soothing my rosacea. I wish it were less expensive, however.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 9:11:00 AM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm seriously addicted to this spray. Toners usually don't work for me, so I thought that's the next best thing and I was right! I don't exactly know how or why this works but it does. My skin is very sensitive and recently I had a rash around my nose. Avene water calmed it down pretty quickly. I buy two bottles at a time to have spares, have two small ones for my bag and never want to be without this again! I don't get easily enthused about spray water--!--but this one's one mean mama. If you haven't yet grab yourself a small bottle to test it first, I think you'll be pleased you did.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2007 8:21:00 AM More reviews by cameliaflower

It took me a while to get used to this. I spray it on and massage it into the skin. It doesn't give any moisture at all (like I thought it would) so I was a bit disappointed at first. Then I noticed that when I use this under a retinoid, I rarely experience any irritation. It really calms the skin down. I might buy this again but I would like to try the LRP thermal water also.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2007 1:32:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

I use Avene Thermal Water Spray to set my makeup. It gives me a dewy and glowy finish that I like. As it comes in a handy 50ml spray can, it is easy to bring it around.

I like spritzing my face with the thermal spray whenever I feel like I need refreshing. It also helps calm redness caused by use of wrong skincare products.