Avene Thermal Water

4.2

Bicarbonate 226.7 mg/l, Silica 10.6 mg/l, Calcium 42.7 mg/l, Magnesium 21.2 mg/l, Selenium <5 microgr/l, Zinc 20 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 207 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.5

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I got this at Singapore's Changi airport for 27.90 Singapore dollars. That's for two 300ML bottles. It's the cheapest retail price I've seen so far. I have one bottle in the office and one at home. I like it spray it on my face and eyes a few times a day to keep them moist. Honestly, I'm not sure if this is better than Evian, but it's certainly not more expensive. It's much better than plain water because of the fine spray. And water in a spray bottle will go bad.

EDIT: This does nothing noticeable for me. I now use DHC toners for moisture. I do this occasionally to moisturise my eyes in an air conditioned office.

I have no idea water is supposed to be clean & if i made my own spray - i was supposed to change the water often! & anyway i was spraying myface with chlorine! (tap water)

I got this just for kicks to keep myself awake at work during the day from my breast feeding career at nite. I must say it does keep my skin nice & moist - not tight.

My pimples have subsided abit - i am going to continue this to see if this product attributes to the pimple improvement too.

I want to add - working in an airconditioned office, with combination skin, if i spray more than 5 times throughout the day - the skin will feel a little dry around the nose edges.

Best combination skin - around 5 times a day. Over use may cause the skin to dry.

I love Avene thermal water! It calms and soothes any irritation on skin, which I need while having such sensitive skin. I have been using this product for some years. Some people use it as a toner, saying that this is not a good product. I have to say they use it wrong. This is not a toner. So, don't expect it exfoliate, deep clean, and moisturize as a toner. It is, as it claims, a soothing and anti-irritating spray. And it does its job so well! The only little complaint I have is that sometimes you may get a bad spray head.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this product for over a yr now and although I still think it's just water, I really enjoy using it. It's great for setting my mineral makeup or just as a toner after cleansing. Even after moisturizing to get that cool refreshing feeling. I bought the big can for $32 which I think is a little expensive for water but oh well. I actually swtich between avene and the shuuemura mist, and the only difference is that the shu uemura one has oils and frangrance :D

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I used to love this so much and thought that I have found my HG. However, I started to develop dryness and some irritation, so I had to stop, and it feels so much better now.

The thermal water has a cooling effect due to the aerosol spray. Skin feels refreshed and it calms down irritated skin a bit but I'm not sure if it's mainly a mind thing. Since it's totally chemical free and safe for the body, I'd like to have a can of this around but cannot justify the regular price at $20 plus tax for 300ml. I spray on full face and neck twice a day and the biggest bottle only lasts a little over a month. I will stock when it's on sale.

I liked this at first, it was so refreshing but it started drying my face and I got some irritation also ...after a few weeks of use

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

No irritation to my skin at all. I use this after cleansing and then tissue off before moisturizing. The spray is finer than evian but to be honest, not really sure there is much difference between the two.

I tried this out of desperation when my skin was very irritated. It was recommended to spray with this first before using the skin recovery cream . The two products really calmed down my lumpy ,itchy skin . I think this works if ,like me, you live in a hard water area where the stuff that comes out of the taps can be a bit aggravating. I suppose this must be soft water in a can. I've only tried this in hot weather and its very refreshing.
It cost 3 for a small can but I have since bought the large can which was 7.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I didn't believe the soothing properties at first (it's just water, isn't it?), but after a particularly sensitive, irritable face incident, I sprayed some on. The discomfort quickly vanished. My skin was re-balanced, normalized! I am sold :)

Popular Face Skincare Products