July 31, 2014 | 1681 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2007 5:40:00 PM More reviews by BerlinerPooh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used quite a few mineral water sprays (Vichy, La Roche Posay, Evian etc) and liked them all. I am using this one at the moment as my pharmacist told me it's the only brand which is actually bottled sterile at the source. I do not know if this makes a huge difference in the quality/performance of the product but ... it is the most expensive one at the pharmacy, that is true!

I have a multitude of uses for this: I spray after cleansing to freshen/tone and apply moisturiser while my skin is still damp; after a full facial to calm and before any AHA/BHA or Retinol treatments as a buffer. I keep one bottle in the fridge for a nice cool down on a hot day, have a smaller version in my bag for a quick spritz during the day, I never travel by plane without it. I spray it all over my makeup - gives a nice glow! I also use it on my hair the day after washing it, if it's not dirty but needs a style revamp ... the fine mist does not make the hair sopping wet but just enough before a quick blowdry. I actually think it adds shine because it's low in minerals and pH neutral, so no build up. I could go on ... :o)

I will probably stick with this one as I use other Avene products which I am very happy with.

NB : I do not recommend purchasing the 300ml (or bigger) can of this as the nozzle seems to not work properly when the bottle is half full. I end up having to throw away when it is about 1/3 as it stops spraying completely. Been caught out 3 times now and am sure it's not me!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2007 8:29:00 AM More reviews by alice_alix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is very nice thermal water, one of the best. I even had a very expensive Sisley's but this one is better! Anyway, I don't use such products very often, I usually even forget that I have it at home. :) But when I'll buy next one I'll buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2007 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Raaygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Avene Thermal Water is a definite staple in my routine. I have very dry, acne-prone, mild-rosacean skin, and this product keeps my face hydrated, without having to reply a pore-clogging moisturizer throughout the day. It's soothing and it controls my facial redness. I have used Evian and Lumene facial sprays, but the Avene spray is my favorite, as it seems to be more effective at soothing my rosacea. I wish it were less expensive, however.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 9:11:00 AM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm seriously addicted to this spray. Toners usually don't work for me, so I thought that's the next best thing and I was right! I don't exactly know how or why this works but it does. My skin is very sensitive and recently I had a rash around my nose. Avene water calmed it down pretty quickly. I buy two bottles at a time to have spares, have two small ones for my bag and never want to be without this again! I don't get easily enthused about spray water--!--but this one's one mean mama. If you haven't yet grab yourself a small bottle to test it first, I think you'll be pleased you did.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2007 8:21:00 AM More reviews by cameliaflower

It took me a while to get used to this. I spray it on and massage it into the skin. It doesn't give any moisture at all (like I thought it would) so I was a bit disappointed at first. Then I noticed that when I use this under a retinoid, I rarely experience any irritation. It really calms the skin down. I might buy this again but I would like to try the LRP thermal water also.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2007 1:32:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

I use Avene Thermal Water Spray to set my makeup. It gives me a dewy and glowy finish that I like. As it comes in a handy 50ml spray can, it is easy to bring it around.

I like spritzing my face with the thermal spray whenever I feel like I need refreshing. It also helps calm redness caused by use of wrong skincare products.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by lunepremie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because I thought it would calm my sensitive redness-prone skin. Although my skin felt nice and moisturized at first, it actually started burning after a few minutes, and made the redness much worse - I think it could be because of the calcium and magnesium salts. Will not re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 5:22:00 AM More reviews by New_Life_Wanted

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very soothing, moisturizing and seems to calm my skin a bit. Sets my makeup and makes it sort of dewy. Will repurchase over any other "spray water" as this seems to be superior thusfar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2007 1:49:00 PM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this! I use it before I put on my moisturiser, and also after shaving my legs, it really stops any irritation. Will definately repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2007 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Broken_Princess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I know a lot of people love this stuff but it did nothing for me. It actually made my skin more red and irritated. Also it made my skin feel dryer after using it. I was using it as a toner after cleansing. I got mine from skincarerx.com, the small bottle is $10.00. Will not repurchase.