April 17, 2014 | 1938 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by thids13

I love trying various foundations but as we all know foundations are a lot like beauty . Its all within the eye of the beholder .... Now i must say packaging wise I usually have to mix foundation depending on how tan I am so packaging doesn't make a hue difference but a pump dies make it easier . Price is average for a DS long wearing foundation. Now on tho coverage I was excited to give this a whirl considering I have seen great reviews . I was a but disappointed this fdtn was maybe med coverage at most and i tried applying it in many ways . I also noticed that no long after wearing this it was settling in fine lines. There is no was this is concealer also maybe if one does not want much coverage . Will be donating this into my dear daughters pile to try

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Srscholl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for about three months and I'm loving it!! Even in the summer it's working amazingly with my skin! I use a small layer and it covers just enough for my skin to breathe. And if you want more full coverage, it's very build-able. It's a great product and I will repurchase it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by celinaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

"so far so good", as the saying goes. I recently bought this foundation when I was looking for the perfect summer-time foundation, and so far it has worked quite well. I bought Clarins Everlasting foundation a week before and was very disappointed- very pricey, made my skin dry, and didn't blend very well on my face. Therefore, I returned the pricey Clarins and went with Covergirl. My mother has told me for years that Covergirl has never left her disappointed and so far, I can say the same. This foundation truly lasts, even though I sometimes need touch-ups when it's blistering hot out (which is reasonable), its covers exceptionally well and does last. I apply the foundation and then finish off with the Clean Pressed Powder and I'm good-to-go! Good price, good coverage, over-all goodness!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably the best drugstore foundation I've ever used. It blends beautifully, covers well (but I think you still need concealer for really red or dark spots), lasts well without a primer (I haven't used it with a primer yet since I wanted to test it's claim that it lasts like a primer), and the finish is gorgeous. It's not exactly matte and feels like a powder on your skin. It is not heavy and it doesn't feel like you are wearing makeup when you're wearing it. It's a perfect summer foundation. And the fact that it has a pump is another plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by mrsb622

I really like this foundation. I can't find a shade that matches me perfectly so I have to mix 2 different shades.had to go on a hunt for it but worth it. Works better if you use a finishing powder. I use bare minerals mineral veil & I don't have to touch up my make up the entire day

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Serenigem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product based on reviews and people were raving about it. Well I have a love/hate relationship with it. I have combination skin with dry area here and there on my T-zone. I like the fact that it controls my oily t zone but it does magnify the patchy area. if you use this, you would have to blend one area at a time for it dry up quick. I stopped using it now. I don't use foundation much and I thought this would be great for whenever I do. Well, now I have to find another foundation for my high maintenance skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by mssarebare

This is a great long lasting medium to full coverage foundation that would work best for normal to oily skin types. I used this through the winter but think it would work better for me in the summer months. It accentuated my dry patches which I only get in winter. It is a little bit mattifying and has an spf of 20 making it great for summer.

I would pass on this if you have dry skin or combo skin with dry patches as it will only highlight dryness.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by HeyIAmSteph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I have it in color 840 Natural Beige (I'm around NC25-30). It costs $19.95 AUD which is around the cost of most foundations since the makeup in Australia is outrageous. It gives a medium but build-able coverage, exquisite lasting power, and it feels amazing on the skin. The packaging is a big plus since it comes with a twist-lock pump, so you know it won't spill in your makeup bag (and also the foundation comes with a clear cap). I love this foundation and I do recommend it to people with combination/oily skin tones since it's nice and matte and shine-free! Good job Covergirl for introducing a magnificent product. Repurchasing once I finish this bottle. X

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by GCValerie

Ok, I never write reviews on anything. But I just had to for this foundation. It is AMAZING. Definitely my holy grail foundation. First of all, I have combination skin, leaning more towards oily in the hotter months. And this foundation is perfect. It does cling to dry spots, so I just make sure to moisturize really well before I use it. The coverage is fantastic. I still do use a concealer with this, but I find myself not having to use as much as I do with other foundations. Also, the finish. Omg. I love how this looks when it's on the skin. It's got kind of a powdery finish, which I love. Last but not least, and actually my favorite thing about this foundation, is the staying power. Holy cow. I once wore this for like 16 hours straight and it looked awesome at the end of the night (still had to powder during the day to keep oils away but still). I work outdoors at an amusement park and it gets hot. This stuff doesn't melt off and it looks amazing. If you've been debating getting this foundation, I say go for it. It's PHENOMENAL.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by LeslieDerp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good foundation, I've got it in the lightest shade, 805. I'm between a porcelain and light complexion.

Firstly, I'll begin with the finish and the longevity. The finish is absolutely matte, likely the most matte foundation I've ever used. I don't notice it to be CAKEY, but if your skin isn't well prepped (Moisturized to the fullest possible extent, perhaps also with a very smoothing primer) this WILL emphasize dryness, settle, and sit in pores. For this reason, steer clear of applying underneath the eyes. The lasting power is extraordinarily long, as I notice this to actually settle and dry out before it gets shiny and oily. My skin is combination, with severe dryness on the outer perimeters of my face/ undereyes, and severe oiliness through my t-zone. It doesn't get shiny for a good 8 hours, and it doesn't separate at all. It DOES oxidize, so purchase a shade lighter.

Nextly would be the coverage. The coverage is med-full, and this covers acne and scarring well. It's also capable of concealing redness with two coats. It's relatively buildable. Concealer sits oddly on top of this, so I recommend applying concealer before this foundation if you've got lots of imperfections. If not, you could likely skip concealer altogether with this product.

The packaging is highly functional, as it's a non-clogging pump that dispenses the perfect amount of product.

This does not break me out.

My final verdict?

Pros; GREAT for oily skin, long-lasting matte finish, med-full (non-heavy) coverage.

Cons; Emphasizes dry skin, settles, oxidizes. Poor for dry skin, dry/combo, aging skin. Doesn't quite live up to its claims, as you could very easily require a primer (for texture purposes), or a concealer for noticeable imperfections.

In general, covers well, lasts, and is ideal for normal-oily skin, or combo skin if used with a primer.