September 23, 2014 | 894 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by bella490

I actually really like this! I usually don't go for drugstore face makeup because I have very sensitive skin, but this was very nice! I received this in a sample in light, and decided to try it out. I do suggest you get a shade lighter than your actual skin tone because this does turn a lot darker when you blend it in. The light shade is perfect for my slighty olive undertones! The finish is wonderful as well. It is very similar, perhaps even a dupe, for the UD Naked Skin Foundation for a fraction of the price. The only downsides I see is that there are few shades to choose from, and due to a recent reaction my skin is quite dry and this seems to highlight a couple of patches. But when my skin returns to its normal oily self, I plan on using this much more.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by xoxollt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this product. I had not tried a drugstore/mainline brand of foundation in YEARS until this product. I received a free tube through my job and at first I wasn't sure, but now I am hooked!! I am an NC20 in MAC and the original tube of BB I got was Medium. It was definitely too dark for me, but being it was summertime, I gave it a chance. It warmed up my complexion in just the right way. When it was time for me to repurchase, I tried a sample of the Light, which I still found to be too dark and orangey, but I still liked the finish. So I finally repurchased in Fair and it matches perfectly. This product gives a nice light to medium (when layered a bit) coverage and has a velvety-looking finish. The texture at first is very strange and gritty, but I just warm it on my fingers first to melt the beads and it's fine! The shades they offer aren't the greatest, but I use a finishing powder, concealer and of course blush, bronzer, etc so it isn't a huge issue. I have found that my original tube had a more liquidy consistency whereas the newest tube I purchased is a thicker cream, but it all ends up the same once it's on. I wore a professional foundation the other day and wondered why I looked so bad and remembered that I wasn't wearing my BB! That's what did it for me. Overall I absolutely LOVE this stuff and for 1/4 the price that I'm used to paying, I'll take it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Lesliemh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was initially happy to find that L'Oreal made this BB Cream, as they usually have a generally good quality product for reasonable prices, but I was quickly disappointed! Despite coming out the the tube a pearly white color that was to match my light skin, it was incredibly orangey (unnatural color) when I put it on my face - even with a tan it wouldn't have looked right. It also seemed to accentuate dryness and I just couldn't get the color to blend well at all. This may still be a good product for some, but I would caution anyone with fair or light skin tones that it likely won't color match at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by VALee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second tube of this in the Light version. It has performed well with everyday use through Texas heat and recent high humidity. Will keep using until I'm ready to experiment again.

I use Oil of Olay Complete for Oily/Combination skin under it; which I think helps with keeping oiliness under control.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 6:24:00 AM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

wow, what's up with every makeup/skin care brand releasing BB creams these days??

anyways, i received a sample of this at a fashion event and to be honest im so glad i did. l'oreal is super expensive where i live and i never would have tried this otherwise as a tube costs around $30 nzd, um, no thanks! but this stuff is amazing! i got mine in the shade medium, it's one of those smart shade things where the liquid comes out white but as you rub it in it adjusts to your skin colour. to be honest the experience of rubbing this into my skin is kinda weird since i can really feel the beads. it's almost like exfoliating, but maybe not as harsh. the coverage it gives is medium at best but that's all i need since my skin's been behaving lately. i dont think it has any spf so it's my perfect night-time foundation where i want a bit of coverage but dont want a mask on. i probably would repurchase if it goes on sale. good product nevertheless!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by sjlc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is PERFECT for those days that you just wanna wear mascara and have a natural look...I have fair and it's wonderful! It doesn't make your skin oily and messy like others I've tried. The darker shades will make you orange so if youre lighter definitely go with fair. Over time it improves quality of skin and when you put it on you just look so healthy. The texture is indeed not the best...if you can get past that it's great
I recommend this and a light powder over the top for staying power

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by greykat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Purchased Fair and LOVE the way it looks on my skin, initially. BUT, over time it seems to dry out and accentuate dry patches--my skin feels tight and dry. (This is AFTER I layer on antioxident serum and sunscreen first.)
Not the best for dry skin. I love the light coverage; just wish it were more moisturizing.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by marant

I agree with some of the other reviewers about the texture of this BB cream. I chose the Fair shade and the consistency and colour is just not for my skin at all. Blotches of orange & dry looking patches and it was hard to rub in and blend. It provided my skin without any kind of coverage at all, in fact, if anything Id say it made my skin look worse!
Ive resorted to using it on my neck and chest to not waste it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by modelsoup202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am on the fence with this BB cream. I like the finish and the color match is decent. However, I really really do not like those beads. I do not know I find them a little irritating to the skin. Another thing is that for some reason all Western BB creams have no coverage at all. My Asian ones all have around a Medium coverage, and this thing has a light coverage at best. Still need to use it more before I consider repurchasing or tossing this away,

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by DCarter23103

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

One of the things I notice the most about reviews on non-Asian BB creams is that the vast majority of the reviewers assume that the American version of BB cream will be exactly the same as the Asian versions. This usually results in the American version receiving bad reviews because it is not the same as the Asian version. They are definitely not the same although, both have their benefits.

I've reviewed a couple of the Asian creams, which I like very much, as well as a couple of the American creams. They definitely are different. This L'Oreal verion is very nice.. It goes on smoothly, the color match on me (I'm a NW20 in Mac and I purchased the Light version in this one) is excellent and it doesn't oxidize into an orange color. The final finish is kind of a silky, satin/matte finish that looks great. Keep in mind, though, that I have mostly dry skin with a very little shine in my T zone so makeup that would turn orange on an oily skin person does not "turn" on me.

I'd definitely recommend this and will purchase again.