August 2, 2014 | 1001 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by marant

I agree with some of the other reviewers about the texture of this BB cream. I chose the Fair shade and the consistency and colour is just not for my skin at all. Blotches of orange & dry looking patches and it was hard to rub in and blend. It provided my skin without any kind of coverage at all, in fact, if anything Id say it made my skin look worse!
Ive resorted to using it on my neck and chest to not waste it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by modelsoup202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am on the fence with this BB cream. I like the finish and the color match is decent. However, I really really do not like those beads. I do not know I find them a little irritating to the skin. Another thing is that for some reason all Western BB creams have no coverage at all. My Asian ones all have around a Medium coverage, and this thing has a light coverage at best. Still need to use it more before I consider repurchasing or tossing this away,

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by DCarter23103

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

One of the things I notice the most about reviews on non-Asian BB creams is that the vast majority of the reviewers assume that the American version of BB cream will be exactly the same as the Asian versions. This usually results in the American version receiving bad reviews because it is not the same as the Asian version. They are definitely not the same although, both have their benefits.

I've reviewed a couple of the Asian creams, which I like very much, as well as a couple of the American creams. They definitely are different. This L'Oreal verion is very nice.. It goes on smoothly, the color match on me (I'm a NW20 in Mac and I purchased the Light version in this one) is excellent and it doesn't oxidize into an orange color. The final finish is kind of a silky, satin/matte finish that looks great. Keep in mind, though, that I have mostly dry skin with a very little shine in my T zone so makeup that would turn orange on an oily skin person does not "turn" on me.

I'd definitely recommend this and will purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

AWFUL! This stuff is just the worst in every possible way. It comes out of the tube as a grainy, white cream. The white turns into the shade as you rub it on. The finish is heavy, chalky and thick leaving a mask-like finish. It feels greasy and as if it is smothering my skin. I had it on and was shocked when I looked at myself in the mirror a few hours later. The shades totally suck. My face was orangey and greasy with the Light shade. I then tried my friend"s Fair shade and looked even worse, kind of pinkish gray and greasy. Yuck...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried a sample of this in light. For reference, I have combo, acne-prone skin that is currently under control with retinol, BP and mineral makeup. I've heard so much about BB cream that I had to try it. Sadly, this stuff looked like spackle on my face. As the day progressed, the color darkened a bit but never fully absorbed, leaving my skin feeling suffocated and dirty. Will not purchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

Update: Did try the fair after all and that was pinky/gray on me and very chalky looking so I mixed with light and it still didn't work. I throw my hands up in defeat.

I dug this out again the other day to try it and this stuff is just awful.

I had purchased light. I'm NC25-30 right now. This went on orange--think Michael Kors on Project Runway orange--just not a great look unless I want to look like a pumpkin. I've had fake tanners look less orangey than this product.

It also highlighted every fine line and patchy mark on my face.

I detect hardly any fragrance in this, just a slight smell of the product but not like they added a scent but I AM old so maybe my nose is losing it. No sparkles or shimmer.

It again disappeared on me after a couple of hours in the middle of my face and I am only normal maybe combination at most so I would have to reapply this if I wore this all of the time. That is if I wanted to look like Michael Kors.

Bottom line: I just don't love this enough or find it special enough to seek out the fair color to try that. I think there are way better tinted moisturizers, which is what this is, to buy. It's not that cheap and the colors are way too peachy for real skin tones. I'll give the stuff a credit because L'Oreal at least didn't add a mishap of sunscreen and for the kind of cool white to brown formula but that's it.
Too bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by mslovely417

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally caved into these drug store BB creams. Horrible! I tried a sample I received in Cosmo and I feel like it wasn't so bad, let me give it a shot. Boy was I wrong! I feel as though its a glamorized primer/tinted moisturizer. Not only that but I hated the greasy oily consistency and the beads(?) made me feel like I was lathering up sand onto my face. Definitely in strong dislike with this product and have no clue what to do with it. Maybe I will save it for the summer when I need less coverage? Even then, I'm not sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by JennieTimberton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Gosh, i was so happy when I applied this product but within 5 minutes it oxidized and I started applying my makeup on and my face was yellowish orange!!! Didn't work for me and I was so embarassed when I looked in the mirror 10 minutes later

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by jenniecampbell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very hopeful about this BB Cream, or any brand for that matter. I decided to give it a shot since my acne has cleared up for the most part, with just some scarring to cover. Unfortunately, from the moment I applied it, my face was bright orange (even though I purchased the lighter shade), super greasy-looking, and overall just a hot mess. I left it on for just a few hours while I was at home to see if the appearance would improve, but it just got worse as the day went on. Definitely NEVER buying this again, and hopefully I will be able to find a brand that leaves my skin with a matte finish and an even, natural tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by x2990x

Well I've tried the Maybelline Bb cream before, and compares to this its crap. I absolutely love this product, nice to apply and smells good!