November 27, 2014 | 1424 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by princessplumjade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I liked the feel and wearability. I liked the packaging. I liked the finish. Seriously, this is a terrific product except for one issue.

The color.

I bought the "Light" color and it left a smooth, soft matte finish and minimized imperfections. If it weren't for the extreme peach-orange tint, I'd consider this excellent for wearing alone or layering with other products. Unfortunately, deep peach-orange it is.

I tried to "work with it," but gave up after a while. There's only so much you can do to correct a bad color and I can't be bothered with that kind of maintenance for what is supposed to be casual makeup.

I would definitely consider purchasing again if the color selection improved.

P.S. -- L'Oreal performs animal testing on its cosmetics.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by cynmorgan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like to go sans make-up but thought a BB would help a bit. I read the MUA reviews so knew to expect a dry, gritty feel. The look was okay but after day 3, I began to see patchy redness under my skin. I don't have that sensitive of skin. I stopped using the product and the red cleared up after a couple of days. Too bad. I do use Retin A (.025) 5 x per week and maybe the combo was not good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

All in all does nothing for my skin, actually made it drier and mask like. Returning it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by caraharris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm going to return this product.

I wasn't expecting so much color from a BB cream. The color does not spread or show up evenly.

PROS
Great price, nice packaging
CONS
Orange color, uneven color
And, I looked worse than with bare skin

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Primpology

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my first BB Cream so I wasn't sure what to expect. I bought it in fair and it's it's very light and after my first application I hated it.

I wasn't about to give up however, and I kept playing with it. I'm using it now as my day-to-day go to for coverage. I build it up and apply a light dusting of my mineral powder in my skintone which brings up the color... all in all I'm very happy with this product I just wish it were in a bigger tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by patina11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome! I was amazed at how much it covered and how nice the color blended into my skin. I even got compliments from my family- they said my skin looked "airbrushed"! The only down side is that it does feel heavy on your skin. It felt like my regular medium coverage foundation. I have oily skin and it didn't keep it completely matte but didn't look TOO oily either so that's good. Overall, awesome product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Chrissydoucet

Wow! I used a free sample and was stunned with the results. My skin tone is so uneven with light, dark, and red spots. This cream immediately evened out my skin and I was able to get away with just tinted moisturizer! A++

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Scott77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

To me this is really just a fantastic primer, or product to even out complexion.

Pros:
Inexpensive
Almost no coverage, yet skin looks better.

Cons:
Does not do very much, and I think marketed as a primer would be better, but hey, everything is about the BB creams so I gues that explains the marketing approach. Still not a bad product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by mrlincoln

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I would need the medium, but it was always sold out. The lady at Target gave me the advice that coverage was very sheer, so I could build the pigment. She was right! I went with the Deep shade and it's perfect. The medium would have been too light. I like a sheer coverage with a little powder on top. This works for me, having combo/oily sensitive skin. Mac NC35.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2012 7:53:00 AM More reviews by negenolf

I was given a sample of Estée Lauder BB cream. I really liked that but instead of buying the $30 bottle I thought I'd give a drug store brand a try, so I purchased the L'oreal brand in "Light" as Maybelline, my go to drug store brand, was sold out. After 3 days I have 7 pimples on my face (I've been blessed with pretty great skin so this was shocking). I also have dry scaly patches around my hairline. Also, I have pretty fair skin but the light is wayyy too dark, it's almost orange. By midday my face was shining that's how greasy it was. I've never had this kind of reaction from any product. I will not be purchasing again and threw the whole tube away. I'm now afraid to try another BB cream :(