Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

I used this whole line for about 9 months after seeing the commercial and realizing that I too was old enough to leave acne behind. I used the foaming face wash, scrub, toner, and lotion. There was no change in my combination skin, and the patches of acne stayed. (then i changed to cetaphil and saw miracles within 2 weeks but thats another story). the only pluses for this product were 1. i really like the colors of the packaging and 2. smells really fresh and clean.
I won't ever buy this line again though.

on 9/6/2004 4:56:00 AM

I've been using this all summer, and it's been working very well for me. It's great at removing sweat, grime, makeup. Yes, it is drying so I won't be using it once the weather cools down, but it has been a good summer cleanser. I will repurchase again next spring if I don't find something better in the meantime :) For those of you with sensitive skin, be warned: this is not gentle.

on 8/16/2004 1:29:00 PM

This is a great cleanser for guys. They like the foam and the pump for some reason. I've recommended it for many of my guy friends who are skin care adverse, and they all love it and keep going back for more. I use this when I stay at my boyfriend's, and I think it's a little too drying for me, so I think it's best left to tougher, boy skin--especially guys with slightly oily skin.

on 8/3/2004 3:22:00 AM

I really like this.I find it really cleans and my breakouts have ended since I started using this.My skin is softer and smoother and has a general better appearence.
I highly recomend this to anyone who has problem skin.It does exactly what it says it will do.

on 7/26/2004 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

On the positive side, this cleanser was relatively inexpensive and foamed fairly nicely. Also, I didn't notice too strong of a scent.
However, instead of clearing up my skin, it actually caused more breakouts. It did not help my skin at all. I used it for at least a month, but I've now switched cleansers. I won't be buying this one again.

on 7/24/2004 11:16:00 AM

I love this cleanser. Ive used it for about a year now and it's perfect for my combo skin. I used the Aveeno cleanser bar for a while before this, but having the container is so much more convenient and my skin is way more clear with the foam. UPDATE: If you are buying this product for the .5% SA thats in it, then it's pointless. I tested the PH of this cleanser and it is too high for the SA to actually work. I did not take off any lippies bc this is still a fantastic cleanser for senstive combo skin. Very difficult to find those.

on 6/25/2004 10:21:00 PM

This cleanser was terrible for me. It didn't feel like it was cleansing my skin and then left a dry film on my face. Yuck. Although it has a small amount of SA, it doesn't exfoliate at all. My complexion that day was extremely dull, and I kept wondering why I looked so tired. I had lots of flakes, skin looked and felt gross. I will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Why does the pump get stuck and eventually stop working? Overall this product is okay. I found it a little drying although it foams, you have to pump a few times to get a lather going. I know I can do better so next time, no thanks.

This product is great. I have Combination skin and when i use this its great. It doesn't leave your skin tight at all. Sometimes when i've had a late night and i stumble into bed i can just wash my face and collapse into bed right away without moisturizing and in the morning my face still feels soft and supple. Love it will continue to buy. This product os not cut out for those with heavy acne. I've found it doesn't totally clear your skin. Its for those who don't have bad acne but just want a clean comfortable face!

on 5/23/2004 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This cleanser has a light botanical smell and the packaging was very appealing to me with its light, luminous green color. It foams well, cleans well, and leaves no residue. It doesn't seem to be doing too much to clear my blemishes but as a basic cleanser it works. I will buy again if I can't find anything better.