July 25, 2014 | 1824 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2004 10:03:00 PM More reviews by smartypants21

This cleanser has a light botanical smell and the packaging was very appealing to me with its light, luminous green color. It foams well, cleans well, and leaves no residue. It doesn't seem to be doing too much to clear my blemishes but as a basic cleanser it works. I will buy again if I can't find anything better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2004 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Rain7

I like everything about this, except that it doesn't stop me from breaking out, like it says. (In my case, my breakouts have nothing to do with how I clean my skin). I like the smell, foam, and the way my extremely oily skin feels after washing with it. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2004 8:43:00 PM More reviews by amytude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really like this cleanser. I have "normal"/combination skin. I have used Murad, Clinique, Mary Kay, among others and this works just as well (for me). I think it would be worth trying for the cost. I didn't break out at all! I guess it's different for everyone. I also use the moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2004 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Purplina

This product is in a great dispensing container. It was plastic and had a good lid on it. I love the foaming of the cleanser and the feel of it on the skin. I do have acne prone skin and found that this did not do anything to aid in the clarity of my blemishes. I did pair it with the toner, which I found was quite refreshing and gentle on the skin. For the complete system, it was not worth my money, but if you are looking for a cleanser for "normal" skin, this would be a good choice.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2004 5:50:00 PM More reviews by laureg

i personally have never used this product- and never will after what it did to my sister's face. she developed a rash which scabbed on her t-zone. it was awful, and she doesn't even have sensitive skin. maybe it was the salycilic acid. whatever it was, it was just ugly. if you even think you might react to this one, don't try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2004 10:17:00 AM More reviews by ttiger

I had experienced a chin breakout which I never get(I suspect evening primrose oil supplements). I have used this cleanser for a week(only at night) and the chin breakout has cleared, however, I have the scars as a reminder. I have never been able to tolerate a BHA but 0.5% works for me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2004 8:13:00 PM More reviews by adozenblueroses

*update* Didn't like this cleanser, too harsh on my face, really dried it out. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2004 11:17:00 AM More reviews by gristerz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this cleanser by accident when I meant to purchase the Skin Clarifying Cleanser. Initially, I thought that maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all since the product contained salycic acid used to treat blemishes. HOWEVER, after using this just twice, my skin got worse! I have combo skin, but the foaming cleanser made my face oiler and breakouts easier. I still have the bottle in its almost-brand spanking new condition and it'll just be sitting in my medicine cabinet...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2004 10:30:00 AM More reviews by JDMom

As other reviewers have noted, this cleanser is very drying. I have normal to combo oily/normal skin and this was just way too drying for use every day. Might be good if you have super oily skin, but not for normal to combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2004 11:40:00 AM More reviews by its_Just_me

this is a great gentle cleanser that can be used daily. i think it's probably best for clear skin. leaves skin feeling fresh and clean.