Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 1/6/2005 6:23:00 PM

I'm a dude and I must say that this has been my favorite cleanser for some time now. It gives a nice, easy lather and it doesn't dry my face like many of the noxema's, neutrogena's, cetaphil (yes, even cetaphil), clean & clear, etc.. I do enjoy aveeno's products.

on 1/1/2005 11:32:00 PM

this product was good. i think it would be great for those who wear no makeup because it is a very light foamy cleanser. i liked it, but not enough to buy it again.

on 12/21/2004 8:36:00 PM

This wash stripped my face. Extremely drying!! Luckily my friend gave me her bottle to test out.

on 11/27/2004 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this cleanser. It doesn't dry out my face, give me a rash, more zits, blackheads, or sting. Having had cystic acne since I was 10, I've tried a *lot* of cleansers. I think that's really saying something.

It didn't completely clear my face up, but I don't think there is a product that exists that can. It does help, though. It's fairly cheap, and can be found almost everywhere. Will buy this product again.

on 10/2/2004 2:39:00 PM

this wash is average. It is kind of drying. Not for me. Would not purchase again.

I used this whole line for about 9 months after seeing the commercial and realizing that I too was old enough to leave acne behind. I used the foaming face wash, scrub, toner, and lotion. There was no change in my combination skin, and the patches of acne stayed. (then i changed to cetaphil and saw miracles within 2 weeks but thats another story). the only pluses for this product were 1. i really like the colors of the packaging and 2. smells really fresh and clean.
I won't ever buy this line again though.

on 9/6/2004 4:56:00 AM

I've been using this all summer, and it's been working very well for me. It's great at removing sweat, grime, makeup. Yes, it is drying so I won't be using it once the weather cools down, but it has been a good summer cleanser. I will repurchase again next spring if I don't find something better in the meantime :) For those of you with sensitive skin, be warned: this is not gentle.

on 8/16/2004 1:29:00 PM

This is a great cleanser for guys. They like the foam and the pump for some reason. I've recommended it for many of my guy friends who are skin care adverse, and they all love it and keep going back for more. I use this when I stay at my boyfriend's, and I think it's a little too drying for me, so I think it's best left to tougher, boy skin--especially guys with slightly oily skin.

on 8/3/2004 3:22:00 AM

I really like this.I find it really cleans and my breakouts have ended since I started using this.My skin is softer and smoother and has a general better appearence.
I highly recomend this to anyone who has problem skin.It does exactly what it says it will do.

on 7/26/2004 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

On the positive side, this cleanser was relatively inexpensive and foamed fairly nicely. Also, I didn't notice too strong of a scent.
However, instead of clearing up my skin, it actually caused more breakouts. It did not help my skin at all. I used it for at least a month, but I've now switched cleansers. I won't be buying this one again.