September 20, 2014 | 1860 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by vloterbiegje

Oops I did it again. I read so many good reviews online on this new Bourjois foundation that I went to the store, tested the lightest colour on my jaw line and bought it. The problem with testing a foundation on your jaw line in artificial lights is you can still have the colour wrong. And as it was with my Bourjois Matte and Lovely foundation, here again the lightest shade was a little too ... peachy for me. Not really orange, but actually peachy. I still wear the foundation though, the bottle wasn't that cheap and when I self-tan, the colour isn't too far off. Still, I know my face colour and when I apply this foundation generously, it just looks a tad wrong.
Anyhow, I won't repurchase because Bourjois doesn't have the right shade for me. Other than that, this foundation is quite nice. I have oily skin and this doesn't make it worse or break me out. It has light to medium (buildable) coverage, and a natural finish. Not matte, not satiny, just natural. Which, I discovered now, I quite like, especially for summer. Also, this stuff holds up pretty good. If you blot once in a while, it might even stay on for 16 hours like it says.
This foundation feels really comfortable on the skin. It does not change the condition of my skin in a good way, but I had not really expected that and overall I'm just happy that it doesn't change my skin in a bad way and doesn't seem to interfere with my skin care regime.
So I guess next summer I'll start searching for something like this but with better shades.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by leung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best thing about this foundation is that it smells like lychee! Very lightweight and easy to apply. However, provides almost no coverage, probably lighter than a tinted moisturiser. I look for coverage in a foundation and therefore not repurchasing and sticking with my RMK foundation!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Pretty good foundation. It smells amazing (similar to the Healthy Mix foundation) and I just love the liquidy consistency. It offers medium coverage so it is in no way similar to a tinted moisturizer. It's really easy to blend and seems to cover all minor imperfections really well. I like it better than the foundation because it seems more moisturizing and my dry skin really needs all the moisture it can get. I have the shade #51 which is the lightest one but I would prefer if it was even a bit lighter (I have NW15 skin).
The bottle is nice, doesn't look cheap or expensive, just like a regular foundation. It has a pump that hasn't clogged yet so that's good (I'm looking at you Diorskin Nude). I really wish it had SPF, but I will probably still repurchase.
I like it because its finish seems slightly less matte than that of the HM foundation, but i still prefer the ''10-hour sleep effect'', mostly because I am a fan of lighter coverage though.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by kaejlarh92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my favourite foundation. I bought it at Priceline for $28 after hunting around for a foundation that matches my skin tone and this is the one! Perfect match. My colour is #52 Vanilla. It comes out looking a lot lighter but once it blends in, it looks perfect. Covers red marks perfectly without concealer! Although I still use a good concealer just incase. Easy to dispense with the pump, and one pump does my whole face so a little goes a long way. I do set it with a powder as my skin can look a little ick at the end of the day and the powder helps. But overall, I absolutely love this and will definitely be buying this again when I run out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by bigbu

I love this foundation for my combination skin. It gives ne very natural look, even when my skin is flaky. In the summer it doesnt control oil well, compare to EL double wear but its my everyday foundation now

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by dashie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

YES, finally a foundation that looks good on my skin! it does not sit into my acne scars like many other foundations do. it looks so smooth and healthy. it lasts and glows nicely. Highly reccommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by alexa111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I really love the texture of this foundation. It's really thin and easy to blend. The coverage is light to medium but it's buildable. I love the smell and I live that it evens out my skintone so natural.
The huge dislikes about this foundation is that it causes breakouts and that there is no spf ;-(( That's so sad cause I really love the texture of this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by kareneap

I bought this after I ran out of my 10 Hour Sleep Effect for everyday use. Because my skin's getting drier, I spray my face with the Vitamin E Face Mist from The Body Shop before applying this foundation and it spreads fantastically. The coverage is a bit heavier than 10 Hour Sleep Effect but lighter than the original Healthy Mix (my favourite!) and feels great on the skin. The packaging is beautiful, the smell is slightly strong but I will definitely be buying this again!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by TheLeatherB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been using this new foundation for a bout a week and really love it! The formulation is very light and when applied it almost disappeard into my skin. I already love the regular formulation of the Healthy Mix foundation, but this one looks even more natural and like my own skin. It gives medium coverage. Also it has quite a strong scent, like other Bourjois products. The only reason I'm not giving it a 5 is that my skin is rather dry in winter and I don't think I will be able to use it then as it dries quickly on the skin and is not very moisturizing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No