Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

The cons are:
I've been reading that this foundation is a Diorskin Nude dupe. Bullshit! It's not. It doesn't last long on my skin and doesn't hold oil, even with primer and powder on. I have combo skin, but this foundation made me feel like I had oily. Very light coverage.
The pros are:
It feels light and natural. The color ranges match my neutral/yellow undertones. The price is fair. It doesn't breakout, which is great. The serum benefits do work, but it's very subtle.

I'd definitely save more money and buy Diorskin Nude instead.

I had read so many great reviews on the product, because so many people said it was a great foundation because it had a more neutral to yellow tone which is what I am and it can be so hard to find a foundation that matches me.

Pros:
-I bought the lightest colour, it blended perfectly into my skin something that I've never had before
-Matte foundation - almost a bit too matte for me as I find it doesn't look as natural and healthy.
-Lasted all day and stayed matte all day. I applied a light loose powder over top
-Good ingredients, no parabens
-light to medium coverage, buildable to a certain extent
-Didn't cause any breakouts on my acne-prone skin

Cons
-I didn't like the way it applied, it seemed to set up too quickly and it was instantly matte so it wasn't the smoothest application and it was difficult to blend
-no sunscreen
-I found the smell a little too strong, did go away after awhile though
-In Canada, this is $26 without tax which I find a little expensive for something that I can buy at Shoppers drug mart

Would I buy this again?
Probably because of how perfect the shade is for me, unless I find something better suited. I think it might be a bit too matte for my liking, but the original Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (not serum) isn't available where I live, but I feel like that would be better for me

I absolutely love this foundation!

I've had this foundation for quite a while now and I'm still using it. The packaging is okay it's not to small and not too big I guess. The price is okay, it's around £11.00 something. The good thing about this foundation is that it lasts long and doesn't make you look cakey and ofcourse will not give you dry skin! What I like about it is that it's very moisturing so it's not that dry in fact, it's very soft and smooth. I would buy this product again.

on 3/9/2012 1:27:00 AM

This product is absolutely incredible. It has a very natural finish and it blends really well with the skin. You don't even need to set it with powder for it to last if you have a combination skin like mine. However, the coverage IS rather limited so it's not that good for people with acne. However if you only have a pimple or two, you can just apply on some concealer and then you're good for the day. Best foundation I've ever used! Definitely a HG product and will repurchase.

i love this foundation. ive tried many over the past few years and none have beat this. i have combination skin which is oily over the nose, and this just glides on and stays perfect. the coverage is quite light but heavy coverage looks awful on my skin anyway. i usually apply this with a make up brush when im taking my time with my makeup but if im in a rush i can put it on just fine with my fingers, the only thing i dislike about it is that i have to put a powder over my face afterwards because it makes me look very pale and lifeless, but thats because i have to buy the palest shade because its the one that matches my skin. i also have mac studio fix powder and this just completely blows it out of the water. 10/10.

on 3/6/2012 2:18:00 PM

It is perfect for my combination skin. Lasts all day. Medium coverage. Does not oxidise. Does not transfer very easily. Price is affordable. So far this is the 2nd best foundation I have used (the best is Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua). This one at times can look a tad cakey, and sometimes looks sheerer than other times... Not everyday though, so it might be just my skin that day. Revlon Nearly Naked foundation seems to be a good rival. But Bourjois bottles come with a pump, which is much more preferable.

Gorgeous product. I recently spent £31 on some Chanel foundation, and was really disappointed - even in the lightest colour it left my skin orange, and very dull-looking. Shade 51 matches my pale complexion perfectly, and leaves skin looking natural and dewy. It makes your skin look perfect, but not like you're obviously wearing make-up. I only wish I had found this before buying the Chanel foundation!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
1) Everybody has said this already but the smell is gorgeous, really fruity and not like paint at all, which is great considering that most DS foundations smell like crap.
2) Color match. I've got pale, yellow toned skin and this matches well. It may be the tiniest bit too dark/yellow for my NC15/20 skin but shade 51 is a really fantastic match. However the color range doesn't really cater to very pale skins, darker skins, or people with cooler undertones. However if you have a yellow or olivey complexion you may find your match here, as i did. Still, it's pretty badthat a girl with NC20ish skin wears the palest shade...
3) Finish. Glowy, but not shiny and greasy. On my oily/combo skin this is a nice finish, but I wouldn't want to wear anything more dewy than this for fear of looking like a greaseball. If you have extremely oily skin though I'd steer clear.
4) This foundation blends so easily, it takes almost no effort and you can blend with your fingers very easily. Perfect!
5) Coverage. This foundation is really light, and not really buildable to medium without the finish getting increasingly shinier. However, I personally love the coverage so it's fine for me. However, if you have something to really cover this will not work for you. For reference, i've got pretty good skin and I can still see bumps on my chin through this, but that's fine.

CONS
1) The lasting power is absolutely terrible. Let me repeat that again. HORRIBLE. Wearing it without primer or powder, 4 hours tops. I'm not even that oily and this slides right off.

Final verdict: Would be HG If I could wear it without it sliding right off. I'd recommend it to those with barely anything to cover, and normal/dry skin that doesn't have a problem with foundations coming off of their skin.

on 2/28/2012 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Absolutely brilliant foundation, the colour is spot on for me (I use 51 and I'm in-between and NC15 and NC20 in Mac), it blends effortlessly with every brush I've tried and with fingertips to give that "your skin but better finish" that everyone craves.
I was already a big fan of the original healthy mix foundation, but I did find that it oxidized :( This one doesn't at all and I find it to be even lighter on the skin, yet still have very buildable coverage :)
It claims to last up to 16 hours which is a little optimistic, but even on my oily skin it lasts 10-12 hours with Milk of Magnesia underneath and set with a powder. The finish is semi-matt, very natural looking :) LOVE LOVE LOVE.

on 2/22/2012 1:54:00 PM

I tried to apply this in many different ways and it doesn't matter. This always sets into my big pores and leaves streaks. I wouldn't leave the house with it on. Also, I am almost sure that this breaks me out.

I don't think the price matches the quality. In my country, this thing costs like 18 euros, almost the same as a LRP foundation.