October 24, 2014 | 1811 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by GLou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After visiting 3-4 different Shopper's Drug Mart, I managed to get my hands on one (on sale for under $30.00 CND). I've been using it for a week (twice a day) and I am loving it. It cleans, it exfoliates, it has two settings (high and low) and it's more affordable than the Clarisonic. My skin is feels smoother and softer and some of my blemishes are fading away. As one of the reviewers mentioned, it was a little difficult to remove the lid to insert the batteries. I'm also not too excited about the cleanser that came with the cleaning system. My suggestion is to use your regular cleanser/exfoliator since your skin might have a negative reaction to a new product. For references, I use St. Ives - Elements Microdermabrasion (which is similar to Philosophy's Microdelivery Micro Massage Exfoliating Wash, but more affordable and paraben-free). I like this product so much I even bought one for my sister. So I will definately re-purchase (if I ever need to).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by doorfinder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this about a week and a half ago at Sam's Club. For $34.00 it came with the machine, batteries, an extra cleansing brush, and a full-size cleanser. I use it only at night for now. It definitely reduces pore size, makes my skin super smooth, and my moisturizer sinks in wonderfully. I'm turning 40 this summer and my skin has been acting weird lately and this has definitely helped my skin. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase the cleanser. I might try to find a cheaper exfoliating one once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by saraarod

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I can't believe how smooth my skin is. I have been using it for 3 weeks now, and every day I love it more and more.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by lfschaper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a GREAT alternative to the Clarisonic. Like other reviewers, i couldn't bring myself to blow that kind of money. My face feels so much smoother and after 6 weeks of use I'm noticing that old red acne scarring is nearly gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by shill822

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Like many other reviewers, I thought about purchasing the Clarisonic however I could not justify the cost. I have been using the Olay product for about 2 weeks and I have seen an improvement in my skin. Pores are getting smaller and my skin feels so soft. The exfoliating wash that comes with it is ok, but I prefer my Philosophy products better. I feel that I am truly getting my money's worth from the product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by ampcuenca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Snagged the last one for $29.99 (before tax) at London Drugs the other day. I was so excited to use it but it took me forever to install the batteries.After using my clean & clear facial cleansing wipes, I washed my face using the cleanser that came with it (although I didnt get a full size) & brushed away on low setting. After a full minute, I noticed how there's still a bit of my MAC studio fix foundation (& sunscreen i guess) sitting on the brush head! Thank God for this genius (& affordable) product- now i dont have to worry about leaving makeup on my face overnight. I highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by sillytania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the Olay Pro-X cleansing system! The price was definitely right for me, and the replacement heads are fairly inexpensive as well. I always use rechargeable batteries, so if you don't have them I would suggest that you get some so you're not spending too much money on batteries.

I have pretty bad cystic acne on my neck area that I have not been able to get rid of in a couple of years- in three days of using the Olay Pro-X cleansing system they have dried out, none are growing in and my skin is on it's way too being smooth!!!

I am so impressed by this product, I couldn't be happier! After years of struggling and trying just about every product out there, I have never seen such a huge difference so quickly! I am thrilled, this product is worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by mmmMarilyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like - but don't love - this product. I have extremely sensitive skin with rosacea and the occasional breakout (I'm in the middle of a bad one right now) - but this cleansing brush doesn't seem to aggravate it or anything. I would actually like it better if there was a third and higher speed setting - maybe it is just me, but I want to feel that grind! Actually, this could probably also be achieved if the brush bristles were a little more stiff (stiffer?). Anyway, it isn't bad for the price. I got this at CVS where they're doing buy the brush, get a full size Regenerist cleanser for free!

EDIT: I'm updating my review to 5 stars - after using this day and night for a few weeks, my skin looks amazing! I'd been going through some crazy breakouts and now all that's left are those annoying red marks that take forever to fade. If I've gotten a booboo, it goes away really quickly. Hooray!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by terriv13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Count me in!! I finally caved in and bought this little beauty, and am I ever happy I did!! Even after using a cleansing oil and rinsing, when I use this baby with Olay's exfoliating cleanser, I can see makeup still on the brush!! I hate to think that I have been leaving this residue on my skin all this time! :o I'm so happy Olay came out with this!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by riceball406

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Eh, didn't do much for me. It kind of shrank the pores between my brows and on my nose, but with better recipe of cleansing oil I can do that without this machine. The cleanser comes with is great though. I don't think this is really worth buying unless, other things really haven't worked for you, but you can get a return on it.