December 19, 2014 | 1138 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by shamlet16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been contemplating buying a clarisonic for almost a year, but just couldn't bear to part with so much money for it. When this cleansing system debuted earlier in the year to much fanfare and great reviews, I thought I would give it a shot. I purchased the Costco set (system, extra brush, batteries, and full size cleanser) for about $35. I've been using it for the past 3 weeks (typically every other or every third day) and am extremely impressed w/the results. My skin is pretty impervious to whatever products, etc., I use, so i wasn't expecting much, but it has really given me a clearer overall skintone, and in particular, the small pimples (probably whiteheads) on my cheeks have disappeared. I usually use it on the lowest setting, in the shower, w/the olay cleanser, and pay special attention to problem areas (i.e. nose, cheeks). I don't have a clarisonic, so I can't compare, but as long as this thing keeps working as well as it has been, I won't need one!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by cheerz2u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE how clean this has gotten my skin. I even bought one for my teenage son and my teenage daughter. They both had bad acne breakouts and within a week their breakouts have diminished and my daughter especially (as I think she washes more with hers than my son does with his LOL) is pretty much acen free. She still gets some breakouts around that time of month but very little ones. All of our skins are clearer. I use the Regenerist Detoxifying Pore Scrub with mine and love how fresh my face feels and I use it 2-3 times a day and love it!!! I love how the refills are 2 in one box. I about had a heart attack though when I saw the refills were like $12 at my Walgreen's but I had to get it then I got home and noticed there was 2 in the box. LOVE IT!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by dimplebhatti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Irritated my skin and actually CAUSED breakouts!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by halimeade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Background: Combo skin, oily t-zone and normal to dry cheeks. Moderate hormonal acne on chin and nose area, but prone to get them in other areas of my face at any give time.

I have been using this brush for almost a month now and am on the fence about returning it or not. While I feel it does a fair job exfoliating and keeping pores clean, I think its also been doing some damage as well. I can only use it once every other day*, because even on the low setting it was tearing my cheeks raw (and I don't have sensitive skin) Also, I've been getting pimples, especially whiteheads, in places I normally never would on a daily basis. So while my skin looks clearer and its less oily, I've got all these new acne scars to deal with.

Worth the trade off? I've kept the box and receipt this long, so I must be leaning towards no. I still think I might get a Clarisonic instead.

*I would note that I did not use the cleanser it came with, rather a free full-sized bottle of the new ProX cream cleanser, which I have already reviewed.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE 11/2011: I ended up purchasing a refurbished nutrasonic on ebay with a one year guarentee and have been using it for over 6 months now. It works much better than this at gentle daily exfoliation, and the quality is much better. I paid 65$ for it and got a couple extra brushes for about 15$ a piece. Not that I've needed them yet, the brushes are very sturdy and look like they will last at least a year before they need to be replaced. My skin is much better now, manual exfoliation works much better for my skin than chemical, although a lot of derms advise against it. I would not recommend this olay brush, it is very cheaply made, the brush bristle are too short, very cheap.

I tried this out for about three weeks and then returned to Walgreen's. I didn't dislike it, I mean it cleaned pretty well, but I thought the device was really small, cheaply built, the brushes not that great, and the replacement brushes expensive especially for what they are. So, I found an older Pretika model on Ebay for 18$, CO142S which you can still find new on the web, it's sold as a"spa microderm abrasion kit" brush and comes w/ two types of heads, the brush type with really long soft bristles, and a small foam pad head, they both spin. The brush head is exactly what I was looking for, soft and lush, and the unit is obviously better quality than the pro-x. I emailed pretika for some replacement brushes, and I got 4 of each kind for 13$ with shipping. Needless to say, much better quality and price than the pro-x.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by GLou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After visiting 3-4 different Shopper's Drug Mart, I managed to get my hands on one (on sale for under $30.00 CND). I've been using it for a week (twice a day) and I am loving it. It cleans, it exfoliates, it has two settings (high and low) and it's more affordable than the Clarisonic. My skin is feels smoother and softer and some of my blemishes are fading away. As one of the reviewers mentioned, it was a little difficult to remove the lid to insert the batteries. I'm also not too excited about the cleanser that came with the cleaning system. My suggestion is to use your regular cleanser/exfoliator since your skin might have a negative reaction to a new product. For references, I use St. Ives - Elements Microdermabrasion (which is similar to Philosophy's Microdelivery Micro Massage Exfoliating Wash, but more affordable and paraben-free). I like this product so much I even bought one for my sister. So I will definately re-purchase (if I ever need to).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by doorfinder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this about a week and a half ago at Sam's Club. For $34.00 it came with the machine, batteries, an extra cleansing brush, and a full-size cleanser. I use it only at night for now. It definitely reduces pore size, makes my skin super smooth, and my moisturizer sinks in wonderfully. I'm turning 40 this summer and my skin has been acting weird lately and this has definitely helped my skin. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase the cleanser. I might try to find a cheaper exfoliating one once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by saraarod

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I can't believe how smooth my skin is. I have been using it for 3 weeks now, and every day I love it more and more.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by lfschaper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a GREAT alternative to the Clarisonic. Like other reviewers, i couldn't bring myself to blow that kind of money. My face feels so much smoother and after 6 weeks of use I'm noticing that old red acne scarring is nearly gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by shill822

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Like many other reviewers, I thought about purchasing the Clarisonic however I could not justify the cost. I have been using the Olay product for about 2 weeks and I have seen an improvement in my skin. Pores are getting smaller and my skin feels so soft. The exfoliating wash that comes with it is ok, but I prefer my Philosophy products better. I feel that I am truly getting my money's worth from the product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No