November 26, 2014 | 1671 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2012 7:44:00 AM More reviews by lillyana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because of all the positive reviews but after using it for about a month now I can't seem to find anything good about it. I don't know what people are talking about; it makes my undereye area look cakey and makes an obvious crease only after an hour of wear. Maybe I'm applying it wrong? I've used a concealer brush, my fingers, a makeup sponge, and still it looks awful. Also I tried using it under and on top of my foundation, both ways have not worked for me. I wish I had kept the box so I could return it. I'm still in search for that perfect concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by jasminefire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A bit mystified by all the uniformly rave reviews. Like all heavily pigmented concealers, it does crease, so I decided to pair it with my beloved noncreasing--albeit much pricier--Lancome Effacernes Waterproof just under my eyes and Glamoflage blended into the bottom crescent of my undereye circles. Very nice! The little pencil can be used to conceal permanent eyeliner or brows that have fallen out of favor. A good buy for $6.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by mbcccix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read a ton of good reviews on Hard Candy's Glamoflauge and I had to have it.

The concealer is full coverage and very thick so a little bit can go a long way. I like how it covers my sends my blemishes to oblivion and the price tag however, I don't like the color selection. Hard Candy only offers Glamoflauge in Light, Medium, and Tan. I'm an NC30 in MAC and I got medium. Medium is a little light for me so I may purchase tan in the near future.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by bluesunrise17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this! I can't imagine, per other reviews, the concealer caking under my eyes because it is perfect for me. It is creamy and natural and stays that way all throughout the day. I just apply it with my fingers but probably I should use a concealer brush! It is heavy-duty so you have to get comfortable with the amount you do/should apply. It is slightly yellow-toned which is great for me because I mainly use it under eyes to get rid of purplish circles. I have yet to find a use for the little pencil that comes with it, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

One of my all-time faves. The little pencil concealer that comes with it is perfect for the random spot. I bought this last year in the medium shade, which is still usually too light for me (gives me raccoon eyes) so I bought the darkest shade - tan. It looks like it would be too dark, but does a fantastic job of covering under eye circles. I always dab it on under my eyes (and wherever else it's needed) after moisturizer or foundation. Then I blend it out with a small, fluffy brush. Trust me, if you try to smear it on with your fingers, the application will be too heavy. blending it in with a fluffy brush (I just use an art brush) will give you an airbrushed look. When set with powder, it lasts all day! Love it. It will take you years to go through one of these tubes. I have barely made a dent in my first one after at least a year.

ETA - for under the eyes, I mix a squirt of primer on the back of my hand with an equal amount of the concealer and apply with a flat brush. It thins it down while perfecting the texture under my eyes and it really gives a flawless, non-cakey coverage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by TrainedDreamer

No matter how I applied this concealer, it always caked in my under-eye lines. The texture was especially gross & greasy too which lead to it wearing off quickly. I'd never buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by geraldin13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great concealer.covers all the blemishes,scars red marks and under eye circles.i recommend this to everyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Gemladylove

Meh not really a fan of this stuff. I usually wear Physicians Formular Concealer RX which is fabolous...I couldn't find it where I've recently moved to so I looked online to find the next best thing. Hard Candy Glamoflauge is raved about so I thought I would give it a try, also that its apparently a tattoo coverup made me more intrigued. People were advising that the colours were really light and had to buy two and mix the light and medium colours together so I went with the medium light. (which is a new shade) Used it under my eyes and I found that it gave me more defined lines and creases rather than covering them up?! On some of my blemishes the product worked well but it was just OK, nothing special. It just doesn't compare to the Physicians Formula at all. I also found it to be a little oily and liquidy and not as thick as I had hoped for. I think maybe I should have gotten the light colour and it may have worked better?! Also I tried to cover up my wrist tattoo and the results weren't too good. Had to put on at least 5 layers and still you could see my tattoo....Im sticking to what I know from now on, you do get what you pay for though as this was $6 but my Physicians Formula is only $9 and its the BOMB.COM!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by sadielovesmakeup06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great industrial strength concealer!!! it is awesome! covers great, and really blends well with the skin. I heard about this from my fav beauty gurus on utube, and glad i got it. it saves my undereye area, stays in place all day, and comes off with a mu remover towellette. it feels a bit like costume makeup to the touch, but give it the chance to do its purpose, I guarantee you will not be disappointed. it does seem to contain some oil, so be sure to wash it off at night, or you may break out, i have not as I wash my face every nite, but that has been my experience with oily concealers in the past. pkging keeps product safe from touching the mass of it, reducing contamination, and easy to get the perfect amout you need withuot wasting product :) go out and gettchu some!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by NinaJoy

I never thought a FULL COVERAGE concealer with instructions on the packaging on "how to cover a tattoo" could look so natural. For $6, the tube is HUGE!!!! Especially considering an amount the size of a pencil eraser can cover your entire face (under eyes, nose and surrounding area, blemishes, etc)

Bravo Hard Candy....Bravo!

would HIGHLY recommend to anyone! don't think i'll need to repurchase for years since you get so much in a tube but would absolutely repurchase. My search for the perfect concealer has come to an end :)