Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

on 4/5/2013 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

After reading a lot of positive reviews of this product, I went over to Wal-Mart and bought some for $6. I am very glad I did not pay more for this product. I was excited to try it and tried applying it as soon as I got it home. It was HORRIBLE! The texture is very thick. It looked and felt like mud. I even tried thinning it out by rubbing it between my fingers. Even that did nothing to help. Once I put it on my face, it felt greasy and sticky. Worst of all, it settled into the bumps on my face. Rather than camoflaging them, it made them stand out even more. Definitely NOT what I was I looking for. I had to wash my hands with soap and water 3 times before I got this stuff off my fingers. But even that did not get rid of it completely. When I got up the next morning, I noticed I still had traces of this make-up on my fingertips. Yuck. Needless to say, this foundation went where it belongs: in the garbage. There is no way I would wear this make-up out in public. I guess this is a perfect example of the truth of the old saying "You get what you pay for." In my opinion, this product is nothing but a huge waste of money. Do NOT waste your precious time or money on this product.

on 4/5/2013 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Overall a great product! After I purchased this concealer, haven't bothered with any others. Great coverage! A little goes a long way!

on 4/5/2013 3:53:00 AM

I don't like this stuff.

When you first get it, it's a very full coverage concealer. But in my experience, it slides right off you after a while, and doesn't set to a nice matte finish. I also never managed to make it look nice and natural and really blend in with my makeup. It creases horribly under the eyes, but I have other concealers that crease which I like for the face only- this stuff, not so much.

After you own it for a while, it starts to separate. Then it separates more. Now when I open it, pure oily liquid pours out and the completely un-usable thick paste comes out afterward. Blech. I've heard this stuff compared to the Kat Von D tattoo concealer, which I also own, and even though they're both full-coverage, I really don't think they're comparable past the similar packaging.

on 4/2/2013 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I usually use MAC's Pro Longwear concealer but got tired of paying the price so I researched some drugstore brands. To my surprise this works well. I'm about a NC43 and I got the color Tan to use under my eyes. It's very opaque and a little goes a long way. It's more yellow than the NW35 I get in Pro Longwear but I love the fact that it comes in a tube. I usually just put a pin size of concealer on a sponge and dab it on that way. Let it dry.

Although this was not a dupe for me, I still recommend if you can find it closer to your shade.

EDITING..if you do any contouring this shade is perfect for NC43 skin. I noticed a glow along the upper part of my cheeks after putting on my foundation and blush, which is a nice plus. It doesn't appear to be smudge proof even after it dries though but nothing to complain about (for the most part it stays on all day). There is a little creasing but I think that's when I put too much on, again a little goes a LONG way with this product.

on 4/2/2013 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This thing is very very heavy. I use it when I have some acne that just won't cover. I recommend you set it with some sort of powder. It doesn't oxidize or anything but if you don't set it it will wear off faster. Overall it's a very good concealer, packaging doesn't bother me a little goes a long way. I'd recommend this to anyone that has any pimples tattoos or skin issues now under eye circles nah. This will set into fine lines. Too heavy.

on 4/1/2013 11:16:00 PM

I own two of these in light and medium. The coverage on both are amazing! This concealer is HIGHLY pigmented, it covers blemishes and hyperpigmentation REALLY well, and you need very little to do the job. Those who find it cakey probably used too much, as you literally only need a tiny dot, then use your fingers to warm up the product a little on the back of your hand and gently dab it to any problem areas.

Like someone else mentioned, this DOES settle into fine lines and is not good for undereye circles. Some heads up you need to know is that, this product is gooey and thick. Also, both light and medium are yellow based (which is winner for me).but medium is a little too yellow. Lasting power is average (arnd 4 hrs) unless you set it well with powder. It will rub off/transfer during hot/humid days (if not set well enough). My biggest gripe is that it only comes in three colors.

Despite the cons, I really love this product. This is actually a really good product to mix with other drugstore foundation to yellow them out. I use light to lighten my foundations in the winter and medium to yellow out my almay TLC. When mixed with foundations, they give foundations better coverage! They also last forever. I've had mine for a year and it's still half full.

Would recommend to those who are versatile with their makeup, like full coverage yet cheap concealer, or those who want a solution to drugstore's pink-based foundations. Give it a try! It's only 6 bucks anyway.

on 3/30/2013 11:45:00 PM

Wah! :-( I don't like this one little bit. It feels too thick, I can't really work with it in terms of "layering." I use a teensy tiny little bit and it just doesn't work for me, it's too thick and difficult for me to work with. Sigh! :-(

on 3/30/2013 8:09:00 PM

PROS;
package is very sanitary (squeeze out tube)
you can control the amount of product that comes out
THE PACKAGING IS ADORABLE :-) what girl doesn't like that
does have amazing coverage

CONS;
looks cakey after a little bit, especially with oily skin
even the lightest shade is PURE YELLOW
settles into fine lines and such
depending on how you apply it it can actually make blemishes show even more

on 3/30/2013 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with this concealer. As much as I like the price, packaging, and coverage, if I leave it on my face for too long (about 8hrs) I get really bad cystic acne. To be fair, it is my fault for not removing my makeup as soon as I can but in my defense, I'm not able to. From the morning to the end of school it's already 7hrs, after that I'll go to a coffee place and by the time I get home it's been over 9hrs.

Carelessness aside, the coverage of this concealer is great. It covers up my acne and uneveness (my entire face) with less than a pea size. The most I use is about the same size and length as the power button on most smart phones and even that is too much. This concealer is definitely not light weight, when I first put it on it felt like something was weighing my face down. I'm not really sure if this has a smell, from what I know, it doesn't. I could be wrong. Trust me on this one though, if you're planning to use this under your eyes, you're going to have a bad time.

This concealer is so worth it's money. You need the smallest drop and it could cover your whole face. It doesn't have orangey undertones and leaves my blemishes invisible!