Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This concealer is a powerhouse no doubt. As someone with extremely pale skin (NC15 in the summer if I'm lucky!), any type of redness is readily apparent on my skin and covering it without getting a cake-y effect is hard to come by. This concealer is very pigmented, thick, and the texture is dry despite being a liquid due to the amount of color held in it. I've found the key with using this is to apply a small drop onto my hand, let it warm up a bit, and then dot it onto what I want to cover with a pointed concealer brush. Once I blend over it with my Skin79 Hot Orange BB cream, everything looks flawless and the opaque coverage looks very natural. I also appreciate that the tube is huge and will last a long time, making it a very cost effective product. I am considering mixing this with some moisturizer to see if I can make it more blendable, as it is a quick drying and very "clingy" product. The only downside to this stuff is it comes in a limited amount of shades and applying it take a bit more of a nuanced technique to get down as it's quite different from most other runny/sheerer concealers.

I really liked this concealer I've had mine since 2010 and it's now 2013 so I recently just ran out!! It's a great concealer with amazing coverage and stays put all day it's also a matte concealer and great underneath my foundation it blends very well too I liked the product and would repurchase again!

on 3/23/2013 2:58:00 PM

This is an intense concealer. Like most products, I think it works best for a niche market, and in this case, it's people with bad acne, acne scars, or serious blemishes.

I have mild acne, but even the few bumps are extremely noticeable, because inflammation really shows up on my face, and doesn't go down for a long time. Most concealers don't cover up the redness well enough, and by the end of the day, it's like I didn't bother with concealer at all. This stuff, on the other hand, has staying power. Once I put it on, it stayed on and concealed everything.

The thing is, this product is concentrated. It doesn't spread well. It's incredibly easy to make it look caked on. So, for those people who use concealer all over their cheeks, or to get rid of fine lines, I wouldn't recommend this. It's too must hassle to apply it over large areas. It's best as a spot corrector, in my opinion.

on 3/21/2013 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I wanted to buy Glamoflauge for awhile because of all the good reviews. Finally I bought in in Light, which ended up being too orange for me (I wear L'Oreal True Match in C2- I'm pale with cool undertones). I took it back to Wal-Mart and got Ultra Light- the concealer in the tube matches my skin pretty well, but the little pencil is too orange, which is odd- you'd think they'd be the same colour. The concealer is VERY THICK- I have very clear skin, so I don't use it every day. I tried using it under my eyes and to shape my brows, but it's very obvious because of the thick consistency. I used a bit all over my face once when I needed quick coverage, but it looked ridiculously pale, so I won't be doing that again. Definitely for those who need more coverage, but you still need a very small amount!

on 3/19/2013 11:58:00 AM

I've used Glamoflauge as a part of my daily beauty routine for a while now, and I couldn't be happier with it. I use the concealer to cover up blemishes, small imperfections, and under-eye circles. It's a good consistency; not too thick or thin. I've been on the same tube for over a year and it doesn't feel like I've even made a dent in it. This concealer is totally worth buying, especially because it has a cheap price tag.

on 3/17/2013 8:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is the best concealer ever! makes my skin look flawless. I have huge pores on my nose and this covers really well. I prime my skin first then mix this with revlon colorstay for oily/combo skin. My skin's never looked this good.

on 3/15/2013 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I mean it covers imperfections well, but it does so at the expense of looking cakey, and my skin isn't even dry.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got this for about $6 at Walmart so one of the cheaper concealers out there. I was really happy that they had a nice shade for me because I am pale skinned. I got the lightest shade which is a little bit light so I thought it would work well under my eyes for brightening. This product is EXTREMELY concentrated. If you go to apply the basic amount that you usually use with concealer you will be covering most of your face..lol. So be very careful how much you squirt out or you will end up wasting some of it or over doing it. I apply a small amount on the back of a clean hand and use my finger or concealer brush to lightly dip into it and apply in small dots on the areas I need, this helps me avoid excess product. For me this product is a little too thick for my liking. I have dry skin and although it comes on smoothly it cakes very easily and seeps into my lines especially under my eyes.. Since I don't have any dark circles I just find this to a bit too much. But it does work well to mask pimples. Speaking of pimples when I first bought this it broke me out around my chin pretty crazily but I continued to use it thinking my skin would adapt and haven't had any more issues.. Still I would say be careful to acne-prone skins. But overall this is a pretty good product I can see why many people would like it.. although I'm not sure that I will be purchasing it again because it's just tooooo thick for me.
*Side note: The stick is just terrible. I bought the lightest shade and the color of the stick is very orange and much darker than the actual concealer.. it's almost the shade of my blonde eyebrow pencil. I didn't use it.

on 3/12/2013 10:29:00 AM

By far, this is the best concealer I've ever used. I believe it was originally an MUA review that sent me looking for it, but I'm glad I did. I have dark under-eye circles, and occasional break-outs that this covers amazingly well.

I DO hope they keep manufacturing it. IDK what I'd do if I ran out and couldn't re-purchase! Probably cry. literally. :-)

on 3/11/2013 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I heard my friends and many youtube people rave about this product and how it could cover anything. Well for me all it did was stick to the slightest bit of dryness on my face and settle into fine lines. Maybe it was cause i applied it wrong but i have no idea. I'm still going to try out this product once in a while to figure out if its good for me or if i should just pass it on to my sisters. The price for this product is crazy amazing!!! It gives you one WHOLE fluid ounce for only $6 bucks. My other concealers come in 0.1 or a little more so i was so surprised for the large amount of product.