Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

on 3/15/2013 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I mean it covers imperfections well, but it does so at the expense of looking cakey, and my skin isn't even dry.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got this for about $6 at Walmart so one of the cheaper concealers out there. I was really happy that they had a nice shade for me because I am pale skinned. I got the lightest shade which is a little bit light so I thought it would work well under my eyes for brightening. This product is EXTREMELY concentrated. If you go to apply the basic amount that you usually use with concealer you will be covering most of your face..lol. So be very careful how much you squirt out or you will end up wasting some of it or over doing it. I apply a small amount on the back of a clean hand and use my finger or concealer brush to lightly dip into it and apply in small dots on the areas I need, this helps me avoid excess product. For me this product is a little too thick for my liking. I have dry skin and although it comes on smoothly it cakes very easily and seeps into my lines especially under my eyes.. Since I don't have any dark circles I just find this to a bit too much. But it does work well to mask pimples. Speaking of pimples when I first bought this it broke me out around my chin pretty crazily but I continued to use it thinking my skin would adapt and haven't had any more issues.. Still I would say be careful to acne-prone skins. But overall this is a pretty good product I can see why many people would like it.. although I'm not sure that I will be purchasing it again because it's just tooooo thick for me.
*Side note: The stick is just terrible. I bought the lightest shade and the color of the stick is very orange and much darker than the actual concealer.. it's almost the shade of my blonde eyebrow pencil. I didn't use it.

on 3/12/2013 10:29:00 AM

By far, this is the best concealer I've ever used. I believe it was originally an MUA review that sent me looking for it, but I'm glad I did. I have dark under-eye circles, and occasional break-outs that this covers amazingly well.

I DO hope they keep manufacturing it. IDK what I'd do if I ran out and couldn't re-purchase! Probably cry. literally. :-)

on 3/11/2013 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I heard my friends and many youtube people rave about this product and how it could cover anything. Well for me all it did was stick to the slightest bit of dryness on my face and settle into fine lines. Maybe it was cause i applied it wrong but i have no idea. I'm still going to try out this product once in a while to figure out if its good for me or if i should just pass it on to my sisters. The price for this product is crazy amazing!!! It gives you one WHOLE fluid ounce for only $6 bucks. My other concealers come in 0.1 or a little more so i was so surprised for the large amount of product.

on 3/8/2013 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This concealer isn't all bad. Like everyone said its super thick, and opaque. I just bought this and I find its too much for the under eye area. It's good for blemishes and spots though. I'll use it for when I need to spot treat treat. I won't repurchase it. Oh yah, the color range also sucks. If you are of a darker skin tone, you may have trouble with this line.

on 3/4/2013 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pretty good concealer, especially for the price!
I was looking for a concealer that would help me hide my acne scars and found some people were recommending Hardy Candy. Since I live in Canada, I had to scour through Wal-mart to find this brand, but when I did I was super happy to see that the concealer was only $6 and had the words "heavy-duty" on it (which sounded pretty promising).
Please keep in mind that I don't often wear full-coverage foundation. I like BB creams and foundations with a light to medium coverage because I find them easier to work with on a daily basis and my skin seems to tolerate them better. A heavier foundation may give a different effect with this concealer.
But for me, this concealer managed to cover most of my acne marks. It's a pretty creamy product though, so I am careful to not rub it too much when I apply my BB cream over top and I always always always set it with translucent powder. It does face a bit after 6 hours at school or work, but even then, it still diminishes the look of my scars.
Overall, it's not a miracle product, but it's definitely a decent concealer for small areas.

on 2/25/2013 1:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product is just okay. I developed some dark eye circles after having surgery and needed a good concealer to cover them (they still haven't gone away, sigh). Nothing I had was working well enough, so I came to MUA for some recommendations and saw another review where someone had suggested a technique for covering her under eye circles by first using Smashbox under eye hydrating primer, followed by Bobbi Brown corrector, followed by a tiny bit of this Hard Candy concealer, and then finished off with Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder (for under eyes). I wanted to try out this technique so I collected all of the ingredients and tried it for myself. I loved all of the products except for this concealer. I got this in the shade "Light" and it was much too light for me (just for reference, I have fair-medium skin and wear NC20/NC25). I usually like my concealers a shade or so lighter than my skin tone for the highlighting effect it gives, but this concealer was not good for that at all. It had sort of an ashy tone to it, so if you use it for highlighting the under eye area (like blending it outward in sort of a triangle shape a la Kim Kardashian), it really just ends up making the area between your eyes and cheekbones look cakey and grayish (ahh! O_o). I don't really use it for my under eye circles anymore... instead I use it more for tiny little problem spots like along the jawline or on the cheeks since when you're using it for such a small area the ashy-ness doesn't show as much. For this purpose it's okay. It's pretty heavy-duty so it covers dark spots and pimples very well and the staying power is decent compared to other concealers. It does wear off a bit after half a day or so, but I have yet to find a concealer that doesn't (and most don't even last THAT long). For under eye circles though, now I'm just sticking with the Bobbi Brown corrector since it covers pretty well, brightens, and doesn't look cakey. If you really want to give the Glamoflauge concealer a try though, I'd say go for it since it's so inexpensive and relatively easy to get ahold of.

One last thing I didn't like, and maybe I'm just too picky, but it seems like their spelling of the name is wrong. It's obviously a play on the word "camouflage," except they misplaced the u and put it at the end to make "Glamoflauge" when I think it should really be "Glamouflage." It's an understandable error to make, but it kind of makes the company seem like they don't pay much attention to detail. Nobody in the entire company caught this before it went to production?

on 2/22/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I overall loved this concealer, until it started breaking me out :( It covers amazingly, there is literally nothing this won't cover, and the shade ultra light is the only concealer I've ever found that's actually light enough for my pale skin! However, it ended up being too heavy and oily for my sensitive, acne-prone skin and within a week I had massive breakouts. I'm so sad, this is the best concealer I've ever used. Highly recommended if you don't have acne prone skin!

on 2/21/2013 11:42:00 PM

I love this product. I swear it covers everything! And you only need the tiniest amount, I mean tiny! As in less than a pea size amount. The tube should last you a very long time. I've heard of some people with really spotted skin using it as a foundation, because like I said, it covers everything! It's very heavy so with sensitive or oily skin I wouldn't recommend it. It's perfect for under eyes and blemishes,

on 2/21/2013 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am so happy to have found my HG concealer in this product! I haven't been this happy about a makeup item in a long time. I love this because it works perfectly on both my undereye area and on blemishes. It's extremely pigmented, meaning a little does a long way. A lot of people seem to find the consistency to be too "thick" and unblendable, but I find that if I apply a very tiny amount use my finger to blend, it blends fairly easily and doesn't cake up. The fact that you only have to use the tiniest amount means that the little tube lasts quite a long time, so the value is excellent. This is also the best color match I've ever come across- I use the Ultra Light shade and it's perfect for my very pale skin. The pencil that comes with it is also great- I use it to line my lower waterline, which makes my eyes look bigger and brighter.