October 23, 2014 | 1428 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Yvonax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. It is one of the most natural looking foundations on the market. It truly does give you that airbrushed, second skin look. It has a satin finish that makes you look like you have perfect skin. The coverage is amazing as well, considering how light and watery this foundation is.But, the lasting power is not great. Even if I just blow my nose, after couple of hours the product dissapers from my face around that area. Primer does help alot though,but powder ruins that second skin look so I try to avoid using it. It oxidises a lot as well, which makes it difficult to re apply during the day as you'll end up with different colours on your face. It sinks into the "smile lines" around my mouth a lot too, which I really hate, but this can also be avoded by using a primer. It truly makes your skin look perfect. This product is best for normal skin, if you have it definitely go and try it. But if you are extremely oily or dry skinned avoid it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett2

I really love the feel of this foundation, and I always seem to get compliments on my skin when wearing it. I think you do need to have quite a good skin and tone to wear this, as it does not give a huge amount of coverage but I find it lovely and its almost like having a perfect second skin. It feels light and I am perfect with a B20 colour and B30 mixed in when I am a little tanned. The only issue I have with this foundation is that I find my t zone gets oily after around 2-3 hours. I dont have an oily skin, I do tend to get a slightly oily t zone and its the only issue I have with the Aqua Foundation that it does not help with this. I have recently started using the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light and must say I find that rather amazing. I am looking forward to trying to the Estee Lauder Fluid make up which is meant to be similar to the Chanel Aqua. I will still wear this though and do recommend it as a lovely high end foundation. Chanel do tend to change their line frequently - which I find annoying, so dont fall too in love with it, as likely it will change or not be around forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by prettyshine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had to change my entire review after a couple of weeks using this foundation. It still remains the lightest feeling foundation I've ever used, I love the feeling and ease of putting it on. However, I have to apply quite a bit to get the coverage I need and even then it still doesn't feel like it covers enough. The staying power is so so. My skin isn't horrible, I do have some discoloration on my cheeks from acne years ago but I don't have major breakouts or anything. I'd say my skin is combination normal to oily. I used one of my Dior foundations one day and I was so much more pleased with the coverage and how my skin looked, I missed that. I think this would be a great foundation if you had flawless skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Remarkable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Where to start.... I think I have found my foundation soul mate, the foundation love of my life !!! On the Chanel Makeup website, they say that this foundation feels and looks like a second layer of perfect skin and I could not agree more with this statement. I love it that with this foundation on, I look like wearing no foundation but my skin looks gorgeous, healthy and radiant, plus my makeup stays on for quite a long time. I also think that this product is very economic, I am sure i will be suing it for a long time, because now I have been using it every single day for 4 weeks and the little container is still full. I also love it that this foundation is put in a plastic container which makes it light and easily portable.
I recommend to always put some translucent powder on when wearing this foundation, otherwise it will not be very long-lasting though!
If I found out this foundation is to be discontinued, I would buy a dozen of it and save them for special occasions.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by shopaholick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product after receiving a mini trial in Oxford by a assistant - she immediately picked out B-10 Beige Pastel which instantly matched my NC20 skin tone - the foundation did not feel heavy at all it is water /aqua based, it has a lovely rosy/floral smell (light) which surprisingly did not react with my supersensitive skin. It has SPF 15. The shade B-10 is great for those with a warmer yet pale skin tone as it contains some white coloring - so can be great esp for fair Asians/midd Eastern skin.

I have been wearing the foundation since September 2011 now I can safely say that before this i was never a fan of foundations although I always used Chanel YSL Mac etc - this feels like a tinted moisturizer - however as my skin is a little dry the foundation can be drying and so it will need good moisturizing before applying- which may not be great if you are in a hurry or would like to touch up during the day without moisturizer. If you have normal skin then you would might not need to worry about dryness the foundation is PERFECT for a light/med coverage and for reapplying as it makes you look fresh faced and radiant.
I have grown to like the smell as the product is so good and no when I use another foundation I even miss the smell.
The bottle is plastic at first I did not like it as it looked cheap and since the foundation cost alot in comparison to some other brands; but I found that it was much easier to travel with it - it can get alttle messy if not wiped after use as it is a squeeze type bottle and not a pump - but overall I will be repurchasing but I am not looking forward to paying so much for it.
So overall the product is good if you are looking for a light/med coverage feels like it allows my skin to breath it did not break me out ever and it is easy to carry and fits in makeup bag- you may/may not react depending on your skin to the scent which you may/may not like - my skin is super sensitive I did not react- the foundation is great except for the cost you only get 30ml !!!

4 lippies due to cost otherwise 5 x

A definate must have great for daily use and buildable for occasions (not heavy)...
UPDATE: AMAZING AS ABOVE- HOWEVER COMBINATION SKIN CAN GET DRY AROUNG NOSE AND CHIN USE GOOOD MOISTURISER BEFORE APPLYING. LOVELY PRODUCT. GIVES NICE SUBTLE GLOW (BEIGE PASTEL 10)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Sileny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

If you have very reactive skin, steer clear. Initially I loved this. It was so light, yet had good coverage. I'd say it's sheer-medium coverage. It won't hide acne marks nor did I expect that from the nature of this foundation. It lasts really well, but it irritated my skin. It started flaking and got redder. I believe this is due to the high alcohol content (3rd ingredient) and fragrance (middle of the list, surprisingly high imo). I understand it's Chanel so fragrance is to be expected, but I didn't have this reaction with Perfection Lumiere (alcohol was farther down the ingredients list too). So alcohol is likely the main problem. I'm wary of it since alcohol prevents your skin from healing so it's not good for those who get acne or are just sensitive to it.

I wish I liked it. However, I found a replacement with EL Invisible Fluid, which is better suited for sensitive skin. 3 lippies for being a good lightweight foundation and I know not everyone's skin will react like mine. 2 off for my skin's reaction. I am B10 for this and 1N1 for EL.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Kwannie

I don't use foundation regularly but I just had to purchase this straightaway after using a sample from a magazine last year. It made my face flawless and is the only foundation I own since i don't use them often. I bought the shade Beige Tendre B20. It is very lightweight on the face and covers redness really well which is the main reason why i use facial coverage products (hate concealer because its too thick) I don't have other types of blemishes so this light to medium coverage is very good. It can be a bit drying on the face though unless i've exfoliated the dead skin cells and moisturised very well before hand. Great that it has SPF 15 too, makes me feel more protected.
4 Stars because it does not moisturize very well and it contains parabens (i'm always on the look out for natural products!)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Luluwastaken

I liked the consistency of the foundation, very light and blendable on the skin. However, after a few hours it had separated and pool into areas on my face. Although you could use your fingers and spread it evenly back out again, it made my skin oily and the coverage would wear off. I wish it worked for me because the finish initially is very beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by DarkMia1

This is one of the best foundations for normal skin.If you have acne I don't recommend it for you.This foundation has a lot of different shades for light skin,so it's nice , but I don't really like the texture,because every time you want to use it you need to shake it a lot, because of the water.It's very natural looking but if you want Matt skin,you need to complete your make up with compact powder.I don't really like packing because packing doesn't have dispenser. Also it's very expensive,you can buy cheaper products with the same result or even much better like bourjois healthy mix

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Slavisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the coverage that this foundation gives me, but only for day time. If I need a night time foundation I want more coverage.

I find that this is not the best for my acne affected skin, as I feel that it blocks my pores.