October 30, 2014 | 1527 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by LadyCleopatra

This is the best foundaiton I have ever tried! I actually am surprised that more people on youtube don't use this and rave about this product. I tried it because Emilynoel83 on youtube recommended it and I LOVE it, it is definitely HG foundation! I have combination-oily skin and it is so hard for me to find a product that doesn't look greasy and oxidize, but this stuff doesn't look greasy at all or oxidize. I also have acne scars and redness issues that this foundaiton covers flawlessly. It looks so natural and not cakey at all. Also I don't know if it really stays on for 25 hours but it does stay on for a REALLY long time, sometime I wear my makeup for 12 hours and it stays on all day. My color is 103 true ivory. It also blends SO easily. I had trouble with Revlon Colorstay becuase it dries so dang fast and I could never blend it before it dried, People say if you use a wet sponge or spray the brush with water it keeps from the colorstay from drying so fast but I simply can't be bothered to jump through hoops in the morning just to get my foundation to work with me---- but this foundation is not like that at all. I have applied it with my fingers, a stippling brush, and a foundation paddle brush- all of these methods work well. Also the packaging is great because it is a clear squeeze tube type of packaging which is great because you can see the color you are buying AND i don't have to worry about dropping it and breaking the glass, plus i don't have a pump issue. some people say that their rimmel foundaiton leaks, but mine doesn't do that. Another HUGE plus for me is the fact that it DOES NOT have SPF in the foundation. I absolutely hate when foundations have SPF in them. My skin is so sensitive and SPF aggravates my acne and it is greasy. If I want SPF on my face I will put it on myself-- I don't want it mixed in with all my other makeup products! Also this stuff is SO cheap I think $6 or $8 at k-mart, which is awesome! I will definitely repurchase again!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by neveralways142

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me start off by saying that everyone's skin is totally different, so obviously different products work for different people. That being said, this is my HG foundation, at least for now :) I'm a drugstore makeup junkie, and I have to try just about everything I can afford before making decisions about what products I like best. For me, this is the best foundation I have ever used. I prefer liquid foundations because they seem to look the best on my skin, powders always look to cakey and dont provide enough coverage, and creams or cream to powders always settle, separate, or oxidize horribly on my face. Since I have fairly oily skin with breakouts and some pretty bad acne scars, plus a very uneven skin tone and hereditary dark circles around my eyes, I look for foundations that cover and conceal well without feeling like thick paste, keep my skin from looking shiny throughout the day, and blend well without looking uneven and splotchy. This foundation gives me pretty much all of that! Great coverage, natural/matte finish for me, blendable, and not very pricey at all! Amazing for a cheap drugstore foundation. Even though I apply most liquid foundations with my fingers, I like to apply this with a triangular sponge (not a wedge) and then I let it dry a couple of minutes and dust a translucent setting powder on top. With this foundation, I don't have to use a ton of my dream matte powder, and I love how I don't have to powder my face every couple of hours while wearing this like i do with most liquids, it has great staying power. My only problem with this is the packaging. Maybe I just have a bad bottle, but the cap likes to leak a bit, not a ton, but i have to be careful and wipe it off a lot. Also, as a warning for those with extremely fair skin: this probably won't work for you. I have pretty light skin, and the very lightest shade is fine for me most of the time, but anyone with super fair skin will need a better color selection. But out of every drugstore foundation I've tried, this is definitely my miracle foundation!

UPDATE: I can't wear this foundation during the winter because I get so pale and there's no shade light enough to match, and I've noticed over time that it never seems to fully set and dry on my face and can feel a little sticky or tacky before I apply powder. This is still a good liquid foundation, and I have several extra tubes, but it's no longer my favorite and I don't reach for it as often anymore.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I saw a few people on youtube rave about it so I thought I'd try it. I mix it w/ Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer to put on with my beauty blender. I'm NC20 & the lightest shade in Ivory is the perfect match for me. It leaves a matte finish & makes my skin look perfect. It lasts ALL day too. I'm very impressed with this product. I want to try the powder too but they were sold out. If you are paler than NC20 I'm sorry they don't have the shade for you. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by melo0u3e

This is an amazing product. They only should make more shades because they are all very dark. I also like the smell of it. Just loveeee this foundation <3

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. It's really inexpensive, gives medium coverage, is easily blendable, and doesn't have much of a smell (unlike rimmel's perfect match foundation). I have combination skin and get the occasional breakout, but foundation hasn't broken me out and lasts most of the day. When the weather is warmer, I do get a little bit shiny in the t-zone area, but I just blot it and it's fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by sophia1984422

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color is a perfect match for my skin in summer time which I rarely find in drugstore foundations. It does stays on with primer and setting powder but I do need to touch up in the afternoon at my oily nose area. It also feels light on skin but for some reason I found it hard to blend being such a liquidy foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by powiedot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very fair-medium, yellow, oily, sensitive asian skin. I am MAC studio fix NC 25 in winter. NC 35 to 37 in summer. studio fix NC 25 was a perfect match for my skin, but I didn't like the texture and it transferred like crazy. EL double wear felt tight on face.

Drug store foundations are usually not yellow enough. I am probably about 1 or 2 shades away from being jaundiced. LOL! I initially bought this foundation in Nude 202. It looked yellow enough in the tube, but was too dark and beige on the face. I exchanged it for soft beige 200, which looked pretty yellow in tube too. It was not yellow enough when initially applied. After 2 hours, the foundation oxidized and it was a bit more yellow. It matched better after oxidizing, but not perfect.

I like the weightless feel. With primer, the foundation last about 6 hours on my nose, last until removal on the rest of my face. My oily skin acts like oil make up remover. I haven't found any foundation that will last longer than 6 hours on my nose. My nose gets shiny after about 2 hours and have to blot (that's normal for me even when I use MOM as primer). It's not as good as Revlon colorstay. By the way, the yellowest shade, golden beige, in colorstay is still not yellow enough for me.

This foundation will work great for gals with dryer skin and not so yellow. I'm very acne-prone and this foundation didn't break me out.

I bought the rimmel foundation at Sears. Sears allows exchanges and returns for used make up with receipt, within 30 days of purchase. There was a sale and I had reward points. I got it for $4. I might get boots no7 foundation and mix it with rimmel foundation. Some shades in the boots line are supposed to be almost pure yellow according to boots no7 reviews. I will need to go to target and look. I might keep this foundation and use it up. But I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by samtibo2

This is an amazing foundation. It doesn't feel or look cakey. I think it has medium coverage, and blends in smoothly and it is not difficult. It's in a squeeze tube so it's very sanitary. The only thing I'm not too crazy about is that there aren't many shade selections. I have 100 ivory, and it's still too dark for me!! If it was a bit lighter, this foundation would be perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Rhialina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is the only rimmel liquid foundation i've found that is light enough for my skin. it is brilliant and easy blendible
i actually found it much better than the match perfection which is 'supposed' to be better coverage wish and obviously matching wise
packaging is fb too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by DevonBlue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. I have really pale skin with a bit of an uneven skin tone, and this stuff gives great coverage. It goes on soooo smoothly and evenly, and it doesn't dry before you have a chance to blend it like some other foundations do. It really does last a long time too. I usually set it with a little loose powder on top then apply blusher etc. People often say I have nice skin but I don't, it's just an illusion from this stuff! I use Soft Beige during the daytime and if I'm going out in the evening I mix it with some Natural Beige to give a darker colour. For the price, I think it's such great value. I would be lost without this stuff, definitely recommend it... covers a multitude of sins!