Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

I am pleasantly surprised! I bought this due to the overall good rating, but wasn't expecting to care much for it. I figured it would be just average and I would probably only use it this one time. I was using a different foundation but needed a darker shade after my vacation and decided to give it a try. This stuff blends on super well and offers great coverage (medium coverage or could make more coverage depending how much you apply) and feels nice on. I HAVE to finish with powder though. If I only apply the foundation, it feels a little too dewy for my liking. Once I put on powder, I don't feel it at all and my face looks so smooth. Seems like a good amount of product in the tube too.

I have combination skin and am acne-prone, and this has been a good match for me. I would NOT say it lasts 25 hours, but it lasts considerably longer than my old foundation. Usually by the end of my workday, my foundation has started wearing off. I need a powder touch-up, but that's about it all day! Someone commented how well-rested I looked the other day too... and I definitely didn't get much sleep, so it must be the makeup. It doesn't cause any breakouts for me unless I don't wash it off at night. It is awesome for combination skin and I am sure goes well with normal.... and it definitely does better on oily sections than my usual makeup. My skin on my face doesn't get too dry after moisturizing, so I can't say how that goes.

Great price! I think I paid around $6. I highly recommend this product. Remember, just keep your receipt and if it ends up not working for you, just take it back. I don't really buy Rimmel products, but I would definitely repurchase this.

on 7/5/2012 6:44:00 PM

do not use if you suffer from break outs.

Does not last long, maybe half the day.

on 7/5/2012 3:03:00 PM

A bad buy for those of us cursed with dry skin! The foundation seems to cling to patches of dry skin - making them very obvious on the face and after a few hours of wearing this product you are left with orange patchy skin. Texture is VERY thick, probably the thickest foundation i've come across? Also leaves you with quite a sticky and heavy feel. Does have a nice scent however. Ok for the price it is, a cheap foundation but would not be buying it again.

on 7/5/2012 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

LOVE! I've been a Revlon Colorstay devotee for a while now because I do have really oily skin. But, I wanted to try something new and I only have one shade in Colorstay and it was a little dark at the moment. So, I picked this up due its claim to stay on for so long. Right now I'm NC20 and I got 103 and it's a perfect match. Goes on easily, but initially looks a tad powdery. Do not worry, in about 20 minutes the powdery look goes away and it just looks amazing. Staying powder is actually better than my Colorstay. I did not get oily by the noon hour and it looked absolutely fantastic by 5pm. I did not blot at all during the day. I really love this!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I had to buy a new and cheaper foundation for the summer because my skin colour keeps changing from tanning, so I thought I would give this a try. It was 12$ (canadian) and I got it in 'true nude' to match my new tan, and it is PERFECT. The foundation has a sticky texture (you have to work fast, no dotting it everywhere and then blending for this bad boy) I have to work in sections and use a buffing brush. After a few minutes the foundation literally sinks into your skin (and not sit on the top like a lot of drugstore ones) and sets to a nice semi matte finish. I wore this out to a club where I sweated all night long, came home and this stuff was still on! I did try it one day without setting it with a powder and I got oily in about 6 hours, which is honestly not that bad for a hot summer day.

on 6/30/2012 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought No 100 Ivory (lightest shade) in the glass bottle with a pump. It was far too dark for my skin. Made even worse as it oxidizes to orange when it dries. It was very cakey, difficult to touch up because it cakes even more and it feels so thick on your skin as well! I also don't really see it's "25 hour" claim. I wore it around the house and 5 hours later my face was an orange, cakey, patchy mess.
It's good points are that it does provide good coverage (it really should considering how thick it feels when it's on, clog prone people take care!) and I do like the packaging :)

on 6/30/2012 3:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this knowing the reviews were mixed. Bottom line: it broke me out so badly, I could just about stand in front of the mirror and watch it happen. The color wasn't bad, but the staying power wasn't the best. It also gushed out of the tube whenever it was turned down, so I had to always be careful to keep it bottom-side up. Totally not worth it, imho.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i don't know if i would buy this again...i ended up returning it. it had a rubbery feel to it, was hard to wash off, and had a gray tint to it...i go tmine in the second to lightest shade and it just looked a little cakey, i guess on my skin..
here's the thing though...I recieved a great deal of compliments about my skin when i was wearing this foundation!!! no joke!...so maybe I just need to buy it again and try it with a different mousterizer or something. also, i bought it half full because of people using it! so i might go back and get it and only use it for long days when i have no time for touch ups:)

on 6/25/2012 5:27:00 PM

I've used Revlon Photoready color correcting primer and liquid foundation for about a year now, and while I loved the full coverage, I became worried that it was too heavy and was causing me to break out. I then decided to try the Rimmel pro primer and 25 hour foundation...the price was so great that I figured it was worth a try. I was shocked! I'm so prone to oily skin and my makeup falling off halfway through the day, and this stays matte and perfect from morning to night! I can rub my face and it doesn't even budge. It looks natural and comes in convenient tube packaging. I've spent a ridiculous amount of money trying to find full cover, long-lasting, oil-controlling makeup, and I can't believe I finally found it at only $5 a bottle. I'd recommend it to anyone!

PS- My skin is fair to medium, depending on if I'm using a tanning moisturizer or not, and the true ivory tone is perfect.

on 6/24/2012 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is absolutely amazing! I have very oily skin and a lot of acne, so it's difficult to find a full-coverage foundation that stays on and won't break me out, but I found this at the drugstore, and it is seriously a miracle! Works way better, lasts all day, and blends so nicely into my skin. I'm not sure how it would work for dry skin, but for me it is HG status :)