October 25, 2014 | 1847 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I use this at night with my other night cream. Between my night cream, this, and the SPF version my skin has never been so clear! The only times I have broken out it's not due to these products (hormonal). It's lightweight yet moisturizes because all my dry spots are gone. Then there's the fact that it's so cheap and you get so much. Also the container seems to last forever. My only gripe is that with this they used a jar instead of a pump like the SPF version. They should have had both in bottles.

Edit: After a while I found that this just didn't moisturize.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I recently started using Garnier's Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion, and I love it. It made such a positive difference in my skin, so I decided to give this a try. I like this just about as much.

It has a wonderful consistency, with a fresh but not overwhelming smell, which doesn't linger. It feels lovely going on, and does not feel tacky once it dries. What I had noticed with the UV Lotion was that day by day, the condition of my skin improved after I started using this product. I wanted to get this for nighttime, and I think it has made even more of an improvement in my skin.

I have very sensitive skin. I use Retin-A Micro at night and a 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide during the day. My skin tends to burn and sting with many skin care products. These two products seem to be restoring my skins condition to a healthier, softer condition. The advertising talks about them improving your skins own moisture barrier. I generally tend not to put too much stock into claims like that, but this claim seems to be true for me.

I find this to be an effective product for a reasonable price.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by DankeBitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this stuff! I love gel moisturizers because they don't seem too thick or heavy and I have had clearer skin since I started using it. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by rowlette

I used to have bad acne and as I've grown out of that stage, I am now blessed with extremely sensitive skin that gets dry, red patches on my chin and upper lip with little bumps. I use bare escentuals skin rever upper after cleansing and I've been trying different moisturizers over the top to lessen the redness and keep my skin smooth. Most recently, Eucerin redness relief line was working OK, but still not 100%. This gel cream has TRANSFORMED my skin! I've used it morning and night for 3 days. When I wake up, my skin is baby soft and even toned. When I go to bed, It's also soft and smooth. No redness throughout the day! I have yet to wear makeup over it. I hope that my makeup doesnt just slide off because of the smooth finish. However, I will be wearing much less makeup anyway since my skin is beautiful!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2010 6:30:00 AM More reviews by goodnightluck

I really liked the concept of this product when I first saw it in a magazine. I'm always on the look out for gel moisturizers, because I absolutely cannot stand creams or lotions (generally). So I decided to try it... I wasn't very enthusiastic about the fact that it was Garnier (I feel like a lot of their products are harsh and have too many chemicals) but put that aside and felt like it was worth while. There are definitely pros & cons with this product. Pros are that it truly is lightweight, it keeps oil at bay, and it really is refreshing and cooling. Cons are the SMELL (my god, how much fragrance do you need in a product?) and the fact that it hasn't really improved my skin. It hasn't made me breakout more than usual, but it hasn't helped my acne prone combination skin. However it does make my skin soft and moisturizes quite well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a few samples of this and really like the concept because I have acne skin, but it still needs some moisture. It is a nice consistency. Not to gel like but also not too creamy. It smooths on evenly although I felt like I needed more of this then I would a normal moisturizer. It sunk into my skin very quickly so this would be great to use before makeup because you could start applying almost immediately. I put it on before I went to bed though. I woke up and my skin did not feel greasy which was nice, but it also did not feel soft and moisturized. Altogether a nice thing if you have severely oily skin, but for me it did not provide enough moisture for my combination skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so psyched to buy this. I used to have a gel cream, Chanel radiance. It was HG. Then it was discontinued. So of course when this gel cream was launched, I couldn't wait. I did something I rarely do, which is pay full price! Thankfully under $10. Not fond of the wide open mouthed jar, the texture is gel, but not like aloe, more creamy. Less creamy than the Chanel. It doesn't sink into my skin, but forms a layer. Doesn't break me out. The scent is pleasant and fresh to me. Fades quickly. Ok, so I'm so not in love. But, I am in like. When I get very dry skin, I feel like this actually acts as a moisture barrier, to keep my skin from drying out further. So it has its uses. But alas, it is not the HG replacement I had so been hoping for. I won't be repurchasing, but this will see me through the long winter and keep me hydrated to combat the drying effects of the heater. A full meh, 3 out of 5 rating.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by kaylas2

This made me break out HORRIBLY. I got cystic-type acne, which I have never gotten before, all over my face. I wanted to love this, because of all the good reviews, but unfortunately this gel-cream wasn't for me. Hopefully I'm in the minority as far as who this has happened to.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Stasea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this moisturizer!! I had been searching high and low for an oil free moisturizer for eons. It took me a while to find it because no all drugstore carry it. Accutane cleared up my skin 99% (thank you GOD!), but recently I started getting small breakouts. I had to examine the products I was using - my moisturizers were too rich and not oil free. I use Retin-A and Clindamycin for breakout maintaince and they are a bit drying. My dermatologist suggested Aveno but it wasn't moisturizing enough and smelled awful. Neutrogena was too greasy. Clinique was too heavy. My old HG Bobbi Brown Face Base wasn't non-comodegenic. And I wasn't willing to waste another $40 trying some some expensive cream that didn't do the job.

When my skin gets dry, of course it produces more oil. By noon my skin would be an oil slick. Using this moisturizer, my skin hasn't been this balanced in years!! I love that it's oil free (there is some confusion though on the box, "oil free" has an *asterisk after it...), non-comodegenic and super light yet VERY moisturizing for my combination/sometimes oily, acne prone skin. I also love that it works well with other products. I put this on, wait about 10 minutes then put my sunscreen or primer on. My skin glows and look fab! I love the gel/cream consistency. It does have a faint minty scent, but it vanishes pretty quickly. It can tingle a bit at times, but luckily I didnt' have any reaction to the fragrance or ingredients like some other ladies did. Also, a little goes a long way. I use it day and night. This is just what I needed in my regimen!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by gina123inmateo

I have combo/oily skin and I was using the boots No.7 rebalancing night fluid and loving it for a loong time but it just wasn't doing its job anymore. And I saw good reviews on this gel moisturizer so i decided to give it a try and I've been using it morning and night for about 3 days now and i really like it! A lot! :) it has definitely restored moisture to my skin i also changed my facial cleanser so maybe that has something to do with my skin being better now. But my skin feels more normal now! I would get dry flaky patches and rough areas on my skin with other moisturizers, either that or they'd leave my face feeling greasy. And I've tried other gel moisturizers before and it never felt like they would sink into my skin so i was reluctant to try this but it really does a great job of moisturizing! It doesn't clog my pores and doesn't make my face feel greasy, so, I'm a happy girl!! :) Great moisturizer! Aside from it hydrating my skin, it does have an alcohol smell to it (which i believe it does contain, some sort of alcohol,? not sure) so I'm surprised it hasn't made my face feel tight of flaky. Anyways I'm happy with it i will update later after a few weeks of actually using it. So far so good. (ps: i use a benzoyl peroxide facial cleanser and i still havent gotten any dry flaky skin!)