April 17, 2014 | 1914 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Paigey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the concept of this, but the fragrance is so heavy that it made me break out horribly all over. I haven't broken out in years. Maybe if this came in a pump or a tube and was fragrance free, I'd try it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by courtinkerbell

This is the best moisturizer I have bought for the price. It's so light but so surprisingly moisturizing. It's great under makeup, and doesn't leave my face shiny. (Although not completely matte either) It leaves my face supple with a slight dewey glow? I really like it. I have combination skin and it works great for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by buggylovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this product out after searching long and hard for an affordable moisturizer I could use at night. I really loved the idea of it being a gel. It's not often you find gel-type moisturizers at your local drugstore. Other than the feel of it, I liked nothing more of this moisturizer. The smell drove me insane. It's a clean, fresh smell but it was SO strong to me. I couldn't get past it. I have sensitive, oily skin, and I believe this irritated it, seeing as for the nights I had used it, I developed small irritation like "pimples." I happily returned this.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by cassytava

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If you have dry skin this product is NOT for you. It made my skin feel tighter and drier. I knew I was going to have a problem with this product when I first applied it and alcohol. As soon as I noticed this I looked for the ingredients and alcohol is the third ingredient listed. If you have sensitive skin I would stay away from this product due to the fragrance and alcohol content.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by marippe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i love this moisturizer! makes my skin so smooth & hydrated. since it's gel, it's not as heavy as other moisturizers - which is great in humid weather. i'll be buying this from now on :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by sadie324

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE! it feels like putting water on your face, and soaks in and stays! love love love!

Ok now that this is winter, my skin is getting drier and drier, and unfortunitly this just isnt up to the task :( good for summer though, because it isnt greasy at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by naughtymatilda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am not a fan of this product. I was drawn to it because of the low price and cute ads and packaging, however once applied, it gives my skin a burning sensation, and my skin becomes very red for the new couple hours. I have dry skin, and this did nothing in soothing it, in fact it made my face feel tighter with dryness after using - although I should have known that a gel wouldn't do much, and gone for a richer cream. The fragrance is a bit too strong for me, and the third ingredient is alcohol, which seems strange for something promising to moisturize. I will not be purchasing again. Those with sensitive skin, watch out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am really impressed with this moisturizer! I have to admit, I was skeptical, but the pretty color and promise of a light texture sucked me in. I use the Clinique Acne Solutions 3 step and it leaves my skin a little dry. I don't like their moisturizers and the Neutrogena Oil-Free for combo skin left me greasy, so I grabbed this for 7 bucks. I don't like the scent, but other than that it's worked really well. My skin no longer has any dry spots and it looks and feels softer than it has in a long time. It doesn't make me oily and sinks in really quickly. Even though it's a gel-cream, it works really well over the moisturizer in the acne system. It's also great under my foundation. I'm so happy to find something that actually does what I need it to do and is crazy cheap!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

Moisturizing enough for mild dry patches, but makes my face very red.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by captainflamingo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's okay, nothing more, nothing less. It's a gel, which is what intrigued me into trying it. It smells kind of too strongly of fragrances, which always puts me off. It didn't make my face especially soft or hydrated. It didn't absorb very well to my skin and kind of stung, too. I won't repurchase. Don't let the jar fool you, not a lot is in there. I bought this two weeks ago and it's halfway done. It is pretty cheap, about $7-$10 but I'd invest $5 more and get something better.