August 31, 2014 | 953 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so psyched to buy this. I used to have a gel cream, Chanel radiance. It was HG. Then it was discontinued. So of course when this gel cream was launched, I couldn't wait. I did something I rarely do, which is pay full price! Thankfully under $10. Not fond of the wide open mouthed jar, the texture is gel, but not like aloe, more creamy. Less creamy than the Chanel. It doesn't sink into my skin, but forms a layer. Doesn't break me out. The scent is pleasant and fresh to me. Fades quickly. Ok, so I'm so not in love. But, I am in like. When I get very dry skin, I feel like this actually acts as a moisture barrier, to keep my skin from drying out further. So it has its uses. But alas, it is not the HG replacement I had so been hoping for. I won't be repurchasing, but this will see me through the long winter and keep me hydrated to combat the drying effects of the heater. A full meh, 3 out of 5 rating.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by kaylas2

This made me break out HORRIBLY. I got cystic-type acne, which I have never gotten before, all over my face. I wanted to love this, because of all the good reviews, but unfortunately this gel-cream wasn't for me. Hopefully I'm in the minority as far as who this has happened to.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Stasea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this moisturizer!! I had been searching high and low for an oil free moisturizer for eons. It took me a while to find it because no all drugstore carry it. Accutane cleared up my skin 99% (thank you GOD!), but recently I started getting small breakouts. I had to examine the products I was using - my moisturizers were too rich and not oil free. I use Retin-A and Clindamycin for breakout maintaince and they are a bit drying. My dermatologist suggested Aveno but it wasn't moisturizing enough and smelled awful. Neutrogena was too greasy. Clinique was too heavy. My old HG Bobbi Brown Face Base wasn't non-comodegenic. And I wasn't willing to waste another $40 trying some some expensive cream that didn't do the job.

When my skin gets dry, of course it produces more oil. By noon my skin would be an oil slick. Using this moisturizer, my skin hasn't been this balanced in years!! I love that it's oil free (there is some confusion though on the box, "oil free" has an *asterisk after it...), non-comodegenic and super light yet VERY moisturizing for my combination/sometimes oily, acne prone skin. I also love that it works well with other products. I put this on, wait about 10 minutes then put my sunscreen or primer on. My skin glows and look fab! I love the gel/cream consistency. It does have a faint minty scent, but it vanishes pretty quickly. It can tingle a bit at times, but luckily I didnt' have any reaction to the fragrance or ingredients like some other ladies did. Also, a little goes a long way. I use it day and night. This is just what I needed in my regimen!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by gina123inmateo

I have combo/oily skin and I was using the boots No.7 rebalancing night fluid and loving it for a loong time but it just wasn't doing its job anymore. And I saw good reviews on this gel moisturizer so i decided to give it a try and I've been using it morning and night for about 3 days now and i really like it! A lot! :) it has definitely restored moisture to my skin i also changed my facial cleanser so maybe that has something to do with my skin being better now. But my skin feels more normal now! I would get dry flaky patches and rough areas on my skin with other moisturizers, either that or they'd leave my face feeling greasy. And I've tried other gel moisturizers before and it never felt like they would sink into my skin so i was reluctant to try this but it really does a great job of moisturizing! It doesn't clog my pores and doesn't make my face feel greasy, so, I'm a happy girl!! :) Great moisturizer! Aside from it hydrating my skin, it does have an alcohol smell to it (which i believe it does contain, some sort of alcohol,? not sure) so I'm surprised it hasn't made my face feel tight of flaky. Anyways I'm happy with it i will update later after a few weeks of actually using it. So far so good. (ps: i use a benzoyl peroxide facial cleanser and i still havent gotten any dry flaky skin!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by FlorescentBunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this stuff. I really hate products that are too heavy and make my face feel greasy. Even oil-free moisturizers feel too heavy on my face. I love gel moisturizers and have bought Clinique Moisture Surge in the past. However, I hate the small of Moisture Surge and it work just okay for the price.

I love this gel however. It smells really great and doesn't irritate my skin. I can see how the fragrance might irritate really sensitive skin though. So if you are sensitive to fragrances I wouldn't purchase this. I put this on at night and in the morning and my face is never dry... just soft and smooth. As for the price, it is really great. I have never seen a gel moisturizer like this I can buy at the drugstore. It works the same as more expensive gels and smells better too!

The only other negative I can think of is If I put the gel on too thickly it will leave a film on my face, but I just have to remember that a little bit goes a long way.

I highly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by booboo88

omg this product saved my skin from moisturizer related acne. after using this for the last 4-5 weeks i have had virtually no acne. when i first bought it i used it at night and in the morning after washing my face but then cut back to just night and started using a clean and clear moisturizer in the morning for the SPF. i just love it! it absorbs so quickly and does not clog pores. im almost out and i will of course be going back to buy more!

Edit: after about a month i had to stop using this...maybe it's because i live in florida and it's always humid and hot but it just got to be too greasy. might be good in the winter though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by misspinupgirl620

Love this moisturizer :) Very lightweight but feels like it actually penetrates my skin rather then just sitting on top of it. I'm very sensitive so a lot of different moisturizers i've tried have broke me out but have been using this for about 4 weeks and no problem so far :) Works well under the liquid foundation I use and never feel like I get that greasy feeling.I took off one lippy with the packaging because it does get kind of messy..especially if you any of the product gets around the rim of the jar it gets kind of gross.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by RMutt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I knew this was a 'gel-cream' but I was still a little shocked when I opened the jar - it's far more of a gel than a cream. There's nothing creamy about it. Anyway, it does leave a filmy feel for about an hour after applying it, but that seems to sink in eventually. I was pleasantly surprised that its moisturizing effects do seem to last for a pretty long time (not sure about 24hrs like it claims, most of us wash our face twice in that time). It seems to perform well under makeup too. But I'm not sure if it will it hold up against a Canadian winter... it seems like more of a summer product to me. And I'm not sure why Garnier packages it in a jar rather than a pump or tube, which would make sense considering its light texture. Edit: I brought this to the caribbean on holiday and it's perfect for hot, humid weather or after sun exposure, definitely a keeper for summer. I'm not sure why the spf, oil-free version comes in a pump and this doesn't :(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by skitzke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion on my face (the bigger bottled one, not AM or PM, found PM very irratating for some reason) and have had great luck with CeraVe. Was almost out of moisturizer after a good 8 months or so of one bottle and decided to give this stuff a try...LOVE IT! So far it hasn't broke me out and the smell isnt over bearing for me. Keeps me moisturized all day plus!! I would recommend it to someone! The only thing that I can really say they should do is put it into a bottle with a pump similar to Clinque's D.D. Lotion :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very excited to try this product,as I have oily skin, and believed the gel formula would be perfect for me. Unfortunately, this did absolutely nothing for me.Left my skin feeling sticky, not at all nourished. Will not purchase again :(