Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

on 12/3/2010 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is one of those products that I love more for the 'experience' of it, rather than the actual results. It's a perfectly fine moisturizer...I use it at night...and my skin feels hydrated and healthy when I wake up in the morning. It's not something I would reach for in the dead of winter when my skin is flaky and parched, but it's fine when my skin is behaving itself. What I LOVE about it is the texture...it's a jiggly green gel...more like a hair product than a face product. It smooths on beautifully, and a little goes a long way. It has a matte finish, so it's probably great for daytime. And it *is* refreshing...very cool and energizing. Yes, there are better moisturizers out there but they're not nearly as pleasurable to use as this one. And none of them jiggle as well!

on 12/1/2010 1:04:00 PM

I was looking for a moisturizer for my oil/acne prone skin and figured that this would be a good bet. I loved the idea of a gel-cream and I took the lid off, and I really liked the smell (like something you'd find in a spa but not overpowering). However, this did not moisturize well on me at all. While it didn't break me out, it left my skin feeling parched with flaky, dry spots. Very disappointed, but from all the other positive reviews, perhaps it just didn't work well on my skin type? Also, I wasn't thrilled that it can in a jar rather than a pump - too easy to spread bacteria.

on 11/28/2010 8:10:00 PM

This is a good moisturizer that distributes an even amount of moisture on my combination skin and does not leave the areas outside of my t-zone feeling too dry. It is also an excellent base for makeup. However, the product runs out too quickly (1.5-2 months) so for this reason I won't be repurchasing on a regular basis as there are other products that offer better moisture and more value for the amount of product you get.

I love this product! It doesn't feel sticky on your skin. It absorbs well so you can apply your makeup quickly after(also makes skin really smooth so your makeup has a good base). I really like applying this moisturizer after I use a mask. I always add a bit extra under my eyes to as a sort of eye cream. Definitely worth the price.

on 11/24/2010 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this with intentions to use it as a night cream....turns out it deffinately isn't moisturizing enought to wear at night if you like to wake up to a nice, dewy face like I do.

However, this makes a great daily moisturizer for those with oily skin (such as myself). It doesn't control oil for me at all, but it creates a nice smooth canvas for my makeup without the expense of a primer needed. I do recommend this; however be sure to do a test spot first because it has a very strong scent that could break one out. I have fairly sensitive skin and it hasn't broken me out so far though :)
good luck!
Oh, ps...the packaging is very nice! It seems very expensive looking for a drugstore product. Some might complain it isn't sanitary though because it is in a tub form. . . just use clean hands to dip into it! :)

on 11/21/2010 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this. Snagged it at CVS for $5! Feels very, very similar to Clinique's Moisture Surge gel, which also comes in a jar and retails for like 30-something bucks. The only thing I'm not keen on is putting a uber-scented lotion on my sensitive skin, but so far so good -- no breakouts!

on 11/16/2010 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product because i wanted something light to hydrate my combination acne prone skin. It absorbed too quickly and made my skin feel dry. There is also not a lot of product. I think they're basically charging you for the glass packaging. I would definitely not recommend it. It was refreshing but it did not hydrate at all!!!!

on 11/12/2010 10:33:00 PM

Huge fan of this stuff. I used to use Cetaphil because I am on Retin-A and that can dry your skin out pretty badly if you're not careful with the moisturizer. However, Cetaphil would also turn my face into an oil slick, even when I would let the lotion set and then wipe off the top layer before priming and doing make up.

This stuff is great. No oiliness, no breakouts, absorbs into my skin in like 2 minutes, instead of 15 like Cetaphil. It's not as moisturizing, but that's okay now that my skin has acclimated to the Retin-A.

I will repurchase over and over.

on 11/10/2010 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

So far, so good. I have been using this product for a week now. It makes my skin very soft and smooth. No break outs. But the winter is fast approaching and we'll see if it is able to keep my skin hydrated. I also agree with other reviewers that this is a gel - definitely not creamy.

on 11/10/2010 2:30:00 PM

I wanted to like this. It feels nice on my skin and worked well under makeup, but it broke me out instantly.

I am still using this on my legs until it runs out, but I definitely won't repurchase.