August 20, 2014 | 1759 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by jadeylou15

I have this in 51 which is an OK match for my NW15(ish) skin, it's a little too 'golden' on me in the depths of winter but is great for the majority of the year.
I use this pretty regularly, depending on if I have anything new to use. I generally regard this as my trusty daytime foundation. It glides on my combination skin and covers my imperfections while still looking natural, it doesn't feel like I am wearing anything at all. It is buildable, if my nose or chin is looking a little red I can layer it without looking cakey at all!
Three points - 1. The smell, I love it but if you are sensitive to scents you may not.
2. This does NOT last 16 hours on me. If I powder to set it will last 8 (I don't usually have a problem with foundation longevity) but my chin will start to feel oily after 4-5 hours needing a blot and powder - it disappears from here and my nose first.
3. I love it is the price it is and has a pump. However my pump doesn't always work and on occasion I have to pump around 20 times to get anything at all out.
These issues are tiny really considering this foundation is one of my favourites and only around £10, I will definitely repurchase.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Occasionally you come across a product that makes you have to re-write former good reviews because the bar has been raised. This is a magnificent foundation, with a light texture but just the right coverage. It's as smooth as silk, and smooths out blemishes and pores whilst being barely noticable as foundation on the skin. I would absolutely expect this to be a high-end foundation, but I have little luck with most of those because I have such sensitive skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by SB80

I have acne prone, sensitive skin. This is a fabulous product. Smells lovely, goes on smooth and does not give me acne!! It doesn't seem to last very long on my skin though but I am willing to overlook that aspect. The other issue is the limited colour range but thankfully I found a match :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 5:16:00 AM More reviews by kikaysikat

Why I like Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
It really does not break me out
Has the most natural ethereal finish I ever experienced in a liquid foundation
Get the right shade and it would make you look you have perfect skin, (but not look like youre wearing makeup)
It did last 10 hours on me
Very moisturizing
It has a satin luxurious feel upon application, it's very easy to blend too
Coverage is buildable without being cakey
Packaging is a very convinient plastic airtight pump which goes up and up and pushes the product up as you go along.
Affordable
What I don't like about it
It's not readily available in the Philippines!!!!!

Will I buy again?
Definitely

Girls, when I say this is holy grail material for me.. this is holy grail material for me! I have made several reviews on foundations already and this is the first time that I have to say this is HG material

pictures and swatches I have are in this page

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by leea

I bought this after hearing about it on makeup artist Lisa Eldridge's Youtube channel, and I love it!

Overview: This is an excellent basic foundation for evening out the skin tone and covering mild blemishes. Looks and feels natural, like healthy, hydrated skin. Perfect for day-to-day wear.

Packaging: Practical, convenient and travel-friendly. The bottle is plastic and has an airless pump that allows you to use up every last drop of product.

Shades: I am an NC20 in MAC and purchased #52 based on the recommendations here on the board. If I had to be nitpicky, I'd say that it's a tad too pink for my very yellow-based Asian skintone but otherwise it's a very good match. I tested both #51 and #52 in the store and they're very similar although #51 is slightly paler and possibly pinker than #52 but I'd say that I could wear either shade. Don't worry if you're undecided about the shade match, it's an exceptionally blendable foundation so you can get away without an exact match.

Application: This foundation is very buildable and blendable. The texture is so smooth and light. It applies easily using fingers and melts into the skin like a light moisturiser.

Finish: The finish of this foundation is phenomenal. It's the perfect intermediate between matte and dewy. It's matte enough that it provides decent coverage and wear time but it doesn't emphasise flakes or look cakey. At the same time, it looks luminous without being greasy (that being said, if you are not a fan of the dewy, wet look, then you might want to set it with a powder). Best of all, I don't see or feel it sitting on my skin. It really does look and feel like real, healthy, well-moisturised skin.

Coverage: Sheer to medium. Very buildable. Fully covers any unevenness, mild pigmentation, redness and mild acne. Foundation should be used to cover minor flaws and achieve uniformity of colour in the face, not to cover absolutely every imperfection or blemish - that's what concealer's for (wise words from Lisa Eldridge). This foundation does exactly that, it does a wonderful job of covering mild blemishes and evening out the skin.

Lasting power: I don't use a primer, nor do I set this with a powder, and I find that it holds up well on sweaty, oily skin in the humid Australian summer.

Fragrance: The smell is quite pleasant, very light and not overwhelming or artificial.

Ingredients: After several uses, I am glad to say that I have not broken out from this foundation. Most liquid foundations I have used in the past have undeniably broken me out and I could always feel them sitting in my pores and clogging them up. Not the case with this foundation. As I said, you don't feel it sitting on your skin at all. There's no talc, no parabens, no oils, which is good news because they're usually the culprits behind cosmetic acne.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by berrycheesecake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved the foundation, it blends really well, looks really natural and i love the finish. I'm not a huge fan of putting heavily scented products on my face but for the result i don't mind. I do however wish that there were paler shades than their palest shade as in winter its a shade to dark on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by lizzea

UPDATE

I hadn't used this for a little while as I had tried out a few other foundations... and I came back to this in the right shade (I'd bought some previously too light) and it is PERFECT! So light but offers good coverage (light to medium) but is buildable without looking cakey. As long as you get the right shade, it is pretty much a perfect foundation. I have dry patches on my skin recently forming and it doesn't emphasise them like some of my other foundations. Love, love love.

ORIGINAL

Great foundation! It looks more like a tinted moisturizer but really lovely and disappears into skin. If you're not bothered by fragrance, its a good, affordable choice. It doesn't make me Breakout which is my priority when choosing foundations as I have very acne prone skin. Still need a good Concealer to match with this foundation but that goes for any foundation you choose if you have a lot of covering up to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by orieos

This is a really nice drugstore foundation. Its a medium coverage that can be switched up from a dewy to a satin finish depending on your moisturiser underneath. I love the airless pump packaging which allows so much control over how much product I'd like to use. It is lightly scented with a sort of apricot fruity smell. I prefer to use a stippling brush with this foundation as I prefer the coverage to be sheerer. If I use my hands to blend it in, I get a fuller coverage out of this foundation. The staying power is decent, I can get about 6 hours without it fading. That being said, I have normal/dry skin so foundation doesn't have an issue on staying put on my skin even without setting with powder. I'm in the shade 52, which suits an NC25, NARS Fiji, Chanel 20, Chantecaille Camomile, Stila Natural Finish in C, Stila Illuminating foundation in 40 watts.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this foundation has been great on my drier skin. doesn't look cakey and gives me a nice glow that wears well throughout the day. the coverage is medium light. i like applying this with a sponge when i'm in a rush but wastes so much product and gives me a fantastic finish without having to work very hard. it builds nicely where needed and looks like skin. very natural looking makeup!! i set it lightly with prep and prime finishing powder or another translucent powder and it lasts all day. lovely makeup, too bad it's not readily available in the states.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by MissNRI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

MUA has raved about this foundation before, and I decided to give it a try and see if it was as good as some people have said. I have to say I didn't like this foundation's formula. I found it a bit too runny and not enough coverage, and I also didn't like the staying power especially in the hot humid Calcutta weather. However, I did really like this foundation's finish and shade, which were both perfect for my taste. I won't repurchase, but I can see where this would work very well for some.