November 28, 2014 | 1426 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 8:11:00 AM More reviews by nutella4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is quite expensive for a drugstore foundation at the €16 I paid for it, but I usually buy quite cheap foundations.
When I first applied I thought it would be too pale (Shade 42 Vanilla) but it's actually quite a good match for my fair-medium skin. It smells quite pleasant too, not too chemical.
As I have combination skin, I start to get oily around my t-zone after a few hours and I have to blot and powder half way through the day.
As for coverage, I would say it's on the fuller side of medium, and very buildable.
It covers spots quite well and gives a very nice finish. My skintone is quite red and blotchy but this foundation evens it out nicely. I have several reasonably dark acne scars around my jaw, which show through after a while. However I don't bother with concealer, so I'm sure scarring could be completely hidden if concealer was used.
Overall, I think this is a very good quality foundation. Not the best if you have very oily skin, but the coverage is good and it's very easy to apply.
I would recommend this for normal to dry skin, and I would definitely buy again if my skin was a little less oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great quality product for a drug store foundation. Beautiful finish, although not as nice as the serum gel version. This one wears a little better on my oily skin however still not great and at the end of the day it will have rubbed off a little. I think the Healthy Mix range is perfect for people with dry skin, excellent quality, just not right for my skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by CreamPuffification

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

As I have very very dry skin, it is hard to find a foundation that will not show the loose skin and not be all oily. This one is perfect, it looks like second skin, does not show flaky skin, and is not too dewy nor too matte. Very good foundation for dry skin. Do all that a foundation should do, easy to blend in and lasts all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by TeeJay1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is not a great foundation for people with oily skin. It is just too dewy and you end up looking like a complete oil slick after 1-2 hours if your skin is very oily like mine. I still like it because it has the most beautiful finish on the skin. It is light-medium coverage and very buildable. People with dry skin should by this foundation. In my opinion this is one of the best foundation. The finish is just flawless!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this foundation , unfortunately it doesn't love me. It applies like a dream looks flawless and makes my skin look amazing unfortunately it doesn't last on my oily skin, Not even with a primer and Ud de slick spray. I would recommend this to anyone with normal to dry skin. I'm Nc15 and #51 was a perfect match. Pity it doesn't last it could of been my HG. Also i find it needs a shake before using it or the pump wont work right and what does come out is a bit watery.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by msmanetti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

An average foundation for me. In comparing this foundation to the Healthy Mix Serum (which I have been using for 3 or so months now) and the Flower Perfection from Bourjois, I would say it comes in number 3.

It has the same medium coverage as the Serum (when kabuki'd on), but it seems to highlight blackheads and show up dry spots/pimples more? The serum just glides over them.

It also didn't last as long as the serum on me, 6 hrs before it started to fade away.

If compared to the flower perfection, it is not as much coverage and the FP has a smoother result.

Colours wise, the Serum seems to lend towards the peachy to neutral tones, the FP neutral to golden tones (more neutral though), the Foundation - 51 seems very light pinky, 52 seems light yellowy. Neither matched my neutral fair to very fair skintone (I'm somewhere in between MAC 20 to 25, but neutral - not yellow like MAC!).

I'm not sure what the purpose of this Foundation is if the Serum has the same coverage but looks better, and the FP has more coverage and looks better?

So I mix 51 and 52 in the Serum to match my skin tone, and FP 52 is a tad too dark but right tone for me, so mixing FP 52 and Serum 51 works well :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by Nikky612

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW! Definitely one of the best drug store foundations ive tried
I have normal skin with some dry patches here and there and occasionally a spot or two.
The price in Australia is around $34 which is a bit expensive for a drug store brand but definitely worth it!
PROS:
- colour match is pretty good for my fair (very light) skin
- adds and locks in moisture
- covers dry spots well and does not extenuate them
- packaging is wonderful! comes with a pump <3
- very nice fragrance
- does not clog pores
- medium coverage
CONS:
- the lightest shade (51) is a bit dark when i am building up the foundation for full coverage but is easily bendable
- strong yellow undertones (i would prefer neutral but this foundation still suits my skin tone well)

I am definitely going to repurchase and use this as my everyday foundation its wonderful

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by jelenaz

After reading so many good reviews on this i decided to try it, It's quite expensive for a pharmacy foundation going for about $35 australian dollars. The color range was less then impressive with everything hinting yellow in it, but i found one that suited me. Putting on the foundation i was a little disappointed with the coverage it offered, and definitely can not cover blemishes. I was really hoping to like this, but after 3 hours it just became blotchy even with primer and powder to set it.

Pros;
- Lovely smell
- It didn't break me out
- It felt nice on the skin
- Gave a nice dewy finish

Cons;
- The packaging, i would sit there trying to pump out the foundation for at least 5 minutes before anything came out.
- If you break a sweat or live in a humid area don't even think about trying it as it will just become patchy.
- It doesn't last very long at all
- The color range
- You can't wear it without setting it with a powder as it's going to stay sticky.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Farnhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased shad 54, I would be a MAC NC 35 it wasn't a perfect match but good enough in terms of colour.

I think this product looks nice on, it doesn't give much coverage in my opinion and when you build it up doesn't look as great.

The packaging is great, has a pump and is very light weight. Was around £10-12 which is not so good, I think this should be about £8.

The reason I didn't like it because it gave me a few spots, didn't give decent coverage, its like a tinted moisturiser and the colour was not yellow based enough, a bit on the beige side.

It's a semi matte finish which I do like and it did smell nice. I think someone with good skin that is not sensitive would like this. It didn't las very long also.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Lazza91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this foundation! This is an excellent foundation for anyone who has dry skin like myself as it doesn't cling to dry patches of skin (unlike nars sheerglow) The best part about this foundation is that it is available at boots or superdrug in the UK and only costs £10!!! Would highly recommend this to anyone with dry skin!!!!!