Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 10/13/2012 3:42:00 AM

I was impressed with this at first because it provides a really good coverage and has a nice shade range. What bothered me was that it is to drying on my face, emphasising my large pores and in couple of times aplliying it, it broke me out :(

on 10/12/2012 3:48:00 PM

just...LOVE IT!
it's not heavy but the coverage is good to fade acne scars and dark circles.
i used many of foundations but that was heavy , looks cacky, gives a bad coverage and .. borjouis healthy mix foundation is not heavy , the coverage is natural and hidw my acnes ,it's not irritating my sensetive and acne prone skin
and it smells so lovely .
i think it's created for me . :D

on 10/1/2012 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is near impossible to find online (if you're like me and based in the US, where this is not sold), so I luckily found my shade of this on ebay. I LOVE this foundation. It's not completely mattifying, not completely dewy, but lies somewhere in between as far as finish goes. It looks very natural on.

It hasn't broken me out, but it does have a very strong berry-like scent to it that may bother some people if you're sensitive to heavily scented products.

I'm NC40 and purchased 56/hale clair/light bronze. It's a tiny bit light for me, but not so light that it's noticeable (you can only tell along my hairline where my skin color and the foundation differ a little).

It might be difficult for girls darker than NC40 to find a match in this, since I believe 56 is the darkest it goes, but if you're NC40 or lighter, this is a really great foundation to try.

I brought the healthy mix foundation after reading loads of reviews on this product, after reading pages of it- there was not one bad review, so i decided to get it. This product is a god sent! After trying loads of differnt foundations i could never find one that lasted all day and still looked fresh and not patchy by the end of the day. This foundaion stayed on all day even though i went out for two hours in the morning. As soon as i put it on i noticed it gave me a medium coverage without looking atall caked on. It also gives a nice dewy finish, which really complimented my fair complextion. I have tried so many foundations but none of them have been as good as this one- not even my more expensive number 7 foundation in which i had been using.

Amazing! :) X

on 9/24/2012 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Looove this foundation! my favorite so far, using that one from about 3 years now. I have oily skin, but stay with powder almost whole day in work :0) lovely smell!

on 9/22/2012 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I own both Healthy Mix and Healthy Mix Serum, and there is a definite difference between both in terms of texture and coverage. Healthy Mix has a higher coverage and less "hydrating" as compared to the serum version of the foundation as well as having more of a matte finish while the Healthy Mix serum has a more dewy finish.

Despite Bourjois stated that both foundations have sheer coverage, I find that Healthy Mix has a medium coverage which is quite ideal for those who has very little blemishes to cover and just want to even out skintone. This covers my imperfections well, but that's because I don't have hyperpigmentation and my scars fade off as well. Healthy Mix Serum definitely has a thinner consistency and lighter coverage and feels more like a tinted moisturiser but thicker than your average tinted moisturiser.

A semi-matte finish for a really natural skin like texture, and this makes my skin looks really clean and polished without sinking into my pores. Lasting power is still quite average, not up to 16 hours as exclaimed. It can last up to 8 hours with the extreme humidity I experience in Singapore which is quite decent. For full-face make-up, it's either this or Healthy Mix Serum then just powder to finish. I also used this as concealer on my lighter days or for regular school days as well, which I just dab on my ring finger and pat to blend and powder to set.

I find that this foundation works better with fingers instead of brushes but brushes give me quite decent coverage too. Fingers are the way to go to blend this foundation and you don't need a lot all over the face to get really even and polished skin.

Definitely repurchase this because I am in love with the lightweight formula and coverage is amazing. Smells amazing too. This is why I strayed from Revlon Colorstay and making Bourjois my HG brand for creating Healthy Mix and Healthy Mix Serum!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This foundation is really great for light coverage. The texture is light, the finish is natural. I wear both 53 and 54, 53 being slightly more yellow-tone and probably my best match. I switch to 54 in the summer. I love that it comes with a pump and a pea-sized amount is perfect for the whole face. It wears fairly well, but I would touch up with concealer or powder if I need it for the evening, as well. Easy to remove and very breathable...I don't feel it sits on top of the skin and instead, blends right into it. HG worthy, I think.

on 9/18/2012 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bought this in the lightest shade 52, but it still too yellow for me. (i'm more of a NW15-20 type during summer), because of the different color i also put it on my neck and then it matches beautifully to my skin. It didnt clog my pores, and stays on its place all day. Though I like the healthy shine, i powder it a bit with my Healthy Balance powder (also the lightest shade 52, this one actually fits me better!) I wouldn't buy it again because the shade doesnt actually match my face.. That's all. Great product overall.

on 9/13/2012 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wish this came in more shades because I love this foundation. It has medium to full coverage, smells great, and has some good-for-skin ingredients. It lasted all day on my super oily T-zone with no primer! I am about NC20-25 and used number 52. It was just way too pink for my golden olive skin. I love the price too. Rumor has it Chanel owns Bourjois so this foundation could be similar to one of theirs. I'm just so upset it didn't match me.

Also, if you're breaking out from this or any foundation, please make sure to thoroughly remove your foundation at night with a makeup remover cloth or cleansing oil. Sometimes it's not the foundation that is breaking you out.

If you're in the US like me, you can still get this from Asos.com. It has free shipping and returns!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love the feel and look of this foundation. It looks like skin, does not cake up, and it last on the skin for ages! (Have not tried having it on for 16 hours, as it claims it does). I don't really like it when foundations have a scent, but the scent of this is divine! It has a very fresh/fruity scent to it that is not too strong and you can only notice it when you apply the foundation. This foundation is also very light weight and feels so smooth on the skin. It does have a light to medium coverage though, so if you do have acne, you might want to use a concealer. Witch I don't mind, because I hate full coverage foundations. A foundation is supposed to even out your skin tone, not conceal your whole face.

The packaging is simple but girly, and not in a cheesy way. And as most people love, it has a pump, witch means that it very hygienic and it will not build up bacteria.

My favorite way of applying this foundation for a night time look is with the real techniques buffing brush or with the elf powder brush. For a more natural/everyday look i love to use makeup mekkas stippling brush.
My favorite liquid foundation!

Video Reviews & Tutorials