October 25, 2014 | 1667 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by sagittarian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this foundation, but it wasn't what I was looking for.
The good: Nice scent (can be too strong for some), gel-like and smooth texture, can be blended with fingers, not too expensive, pretty good colour match (I'm NC 20-25 and 52 matched my skin)
The bad: It seems to dry out my skin and accentuates dry spots!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by earthgirl26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation has been all the hype in the UK for awhile now as a decent inexpensive foundation so I can't believe I've been so late in getting on the bandwagon. Although the colour range is limited, I feel that the foundation itself is sheer enough to compliment most people, so don't shy away from it upon first sight!

I love the finish so much! I have dry skin, so it's very hard to find a good foundation that claims to be longwearing that doesn't make my skin noticeably flakey after an hour or two. This foundation stays a healthy and moisturising texture through the entire work day and commute. I can't say that about too many products. Go and buy it today!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by jcki

I have this in shade 53 ($27 from Shoppers Drug Mart). It matches my NC30 skin quite well (I've still got a bit of my summer color). I loooove the smell of this foundation - one of the fresher smelling foundations I've used. This foundation has a great finish, leaving the skin dewy and not cakey at all, even if you layer. The one problem I do have with this foundation is that it is LIGHT coverage, and doesn't cover some of the pigmentation I have from acne/blemishes (it does well with minor imperfections though). Will be repurchasing this shade as well as a lighter shade for winter!

UPDATE: (Jan 3 2012) Finally found out this was the culprit for my painful cystic acne :( Really wish it could've worked out, loved the formula....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by saharanights

I'm soooo happy I found this foundation! I think it is very comparable to some higher end brands the way it performs, and the price is unbeatable for the quality it is.

This gives me the best finish out of all the foundations I've tried. It makes my face look so smooth and doll-like without the cakiness, like I just have naturally beautiful skin. It feels so very light, not heavy at all. To me, this gives a medium to almost full coverage and it lasts me 10hrs before it starts to fade. I have to blot my nose for up to 3 times in a day which is not bad at all. My t-zone always gets oily no matter what foundation I use. I have used MUFE HD, Smashbox HD, Cover FX, Laura Mercier Silk Creme, EL Doublewear, Bare Minerals, Mehron HD Celebre Pro etc and I've never got so excited about a foundation until I found Bourjois Healthy Mix. It is just that awesome!

I've been using this for about a week now. My skin seems to like it so far, no itching, no bumps, pimples etc. I'm NC27-NC30 and I use 53. The match is very good and is the closest match I've had in a foundation. It leans more to yellow undertones which is perfect for me. Applying this with a damp sponge will give a flawless finish.

The packaging works well and the pump is very convenient. Nothing fancy but I like the simpleness of it. The faint scent is quite lovely.

This is a fantastic foundation. I have already bought 2 more bottles.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by TheGeorgiaKelly

I got this foundation during the summer when I was more tanned and when my skin was spot free and I absolutely loved it! It didn't break me out (although I dont normally get too many spots) I cannot stress enough how well the color matches my skin and it gives a beautiful dewy finish.

Now coming into winter I still am raving about this foundation! It still matches my skin, I still have no spots (even though I am usually more prone to them in Winter) and it is just amazing really!

One problem? It doesn't stay on for that long, if i need it to last all day I would top it up but thats no biggie and with a good finishing powder its usually ok!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 3:06:00 AM More reviews by sheenasheena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is amazing! Ive been buying MAC Studio Fix Foundation (NC30) for 4 years and i felt like my skin is not breathing and very unhealthy so i decided to find a light coverage dewy finish foundation. Im glad i found this product on Lisa Eldrich website. I bought this foundation immediately after watching the video from the website. I will definitely but this product again. Double thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Natashia

The finish on my skin looks very natural and yet it covers any minor imperfections very well. Makes the skin look very fresh. It is super blendable, and only a small amount is needed as it is quite well pigmented. Only downside is that it may be a tad too oily for my combi skin. Will not repurchase though as the color range offered in my country was limited, hence the shade was too light for my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Luluwastaken

I like this foundation. So far I've worn it twice, and I don't believe it has broken me out yet. I like that this foundation comes in a plastic pump bottle, very hygienic and practical.
The finish of the foundation is more satiny than matte, and I really prefer it that way. I do set it with some powder foundation for some extra coverage and staying power, I would say this foundation with powder lasts around 6-7 hours without touch ups. However, this foundation is very build-able. I adore the consistency and the blend ability.
I use shade 52, (

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Magickk

I really liked this foundation; I got it in Light Vanilla/Vanille Clair which matches my pale skin tone.

I do have some acne, mainly across my t-zone and around my mouth, and this foundation covers up the redness caused by it quite well. It doesn't provide full coverage, but does glaze over the problem areas and creates a fairly even complexion.

If you do have visible pores like me, you may find that this foundation doesn't cover them as well as you'd expect, particularly on and around the nose, but if you spend some time and care applying it you can get past that issue.

I also have very very dark under eye circles which are a deep purple colour, and this foundation brightens them. They are still visible and I do need concealer, but I imagine if you have a minor problem with under eye circles then this foundation may do the trick in hiding them because it definitely makes mine lighter and less of a focal point on my face.

Overall, I think this foundation is worth the £9.99, at least to try. Wearing foundation every day is something that's new to me so I haven't tried a lot of them, but I would recommend this one.

Also, I checked the Bourjois website and they do NOT test on animals! Surely a plus over Maybelline and Max Factor, who do? ;-)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by jadeylou15

I have this in 51 which is an OK match for my NW15(ish) skin, it's a little too 'golden' on me in the depths of winter but is great for the majority of the year.
I use this pretty regularly, depending on if I have anything new to use. I generally regard this as my trusty daytime foundation. It glides on my combination skin and covers my imperfections while still looking natural, it doesn't feel like I am wearing anything at all. It is buildable, if my nose or chin is looking a little red I can layer it without looking cakey at all!
Three points - 1. The smell, I love it but if you are sensitive to scents you may not.
2. This does NOT last 16 hours on me. If I powder to set it will last 8 (I don't usually have a problem with foundation longevity) but my chin will start to feel oily after 4-5 hours needing a blot and powder - it disappears from here and my nose first.
3. I love it is the price it is and has a pump. However my pump doesn't always work and on occasion I have to pump around 20 times to get anything at all out.
These issues are tiny really considering this foundation is one of my favourites and only around £10, I will definitely repurchase.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No