December 20, 2014 | 1723 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by TiTiTam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The color I used: 54 Beige
I like this foundation, but for my oily skin, I need a lot of powder to set the foundation, even in winter.
Totally recommend if you have dry or combination skin, but it's a so-so foundation for oily skin I will say. But the coverage it offered is good. I use it when it is not so high humidity in my city. Bought this for HKD149, not cheap but also not expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by peace333love

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, I must start of by saying that I have pretty oily skin, prone to blemishes around my chin area. So, I needed a little bit of coverage, just to camouflage that, but I still wanted my foundation to look natural, so I bought the Bourjois Helathy Mix in 52 Vanilla. At first, I loved it, it had a gorgeous smell to it, it blended perfectly, looked flawless and natural... But then I started noticing that it caused me new breakouts... I was very dissapointed... I wish that they didn't put that much perfume in it... I have heard the same complaints from other girls... Stupid perfumes...
Otherwise, it would have been the perfect foundation, with just the right amount of coverage... So, if you aren't sensitive to perfumes, and not super oily, this would be an amazing foundation for you, but otherwise I would suggest you to skip it...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Afrogirl1995

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have terribly dry skin, so dry that when I was trying to get matched up to a foundation, the makeup artist couldn't tell because my skin was so flaky. After investing into a good moisturiser,my skin is nolonger flaky but can still get quite dry if not properly cared for.
One thing that i was looking out for when buying a new foundation was that it needed to be of a dewy or satin finish and hydrating. After a very long search i came up with the MAC face and body and this bourjois healthy mix for a drugstore alternative. Mac's face and body is quite moisturising but gives barely any coverage. The Bourjois Healthy Mix however, is great for people with dry skin who want medium coverage.
This works great with a stippling brush, say, a Mac 187 brush.The pump is really easy to use and the packaging is pretty sturdy. With one pump I achieve a pretty 'glow' with medium coverage. Another great thing about this foundation is that it dries relatively quickly, not too quick, but it gives you enough time to work it in, this makes it really easily buildable. the one con i have is that, you can't wear this one without some sort of long lasting base, because it wears off in like 4 hours without a base.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by leksibaby

Love the coverage! A little really does go a long way! Although if you're used to applying 4 dots around your face like me then you will probably end up with a caked orange face.

I bought the lightest shade and one of my friends pointed out that I resembled fanta! So not to sure of its blending capabilities! It does however leave skin feeling soft and more radiant!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by aggiebx

this foundation is amazing! it looks so natural, yet has a great coverage and finish! looks like skin, but perfected. Slightly-dewy finish. the packaging is great! the pump is easy to use, the plastic bottle is very durable and the foundation rises as you go through it so you use every last drop of product. It also smells AMAZING! you do need a good setting powder with this however, and I probably wouldn't reccomend it for the super oily skin. All in all though, a fantastic foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:31:00 AM More reviews by asweetgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A pretty good foundation! i am NC20-25. I actually mix 51 and 53 together to get my shade! I usually have problems with finding the right shade.

I actually prefer the plastic packaging as its easy to carry around (as opposed to a heavy glass bottle!).

Defo need to apply powder ontop. Good for those with dry skin, but does play up ur oily t-zone.

I used to use the Maybelline Mineral Liquid Foundation, which got discontinued!!! I have no idea why, but was very upsetting!!! Anyway, this is a good replacement. Generally it lasts about 6 hours, although i have worn for longer.

Medium coverage, good everyday foundation, pleasent smell. I have sensitive skin, so defo suits me pretty well! Also doesnt break me out. Love this product! Will defo be repurchasing. Just hope they do not discontinue this!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 8:11:00 AM More reviews by nutella4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is quite expensive for a drugstore foundation at the €16 I paid for it, but I usually buy quite cheap foundations.
When I first applied I thought it would be too pale (Shade 42 Vanilla) but it's actually quite a good match for my fair-medium skin. It smells quite pleasant too, not too chemical.
As I have combination skin, I start to get oily around my t-zone after a few hours and I have to blot and powder half way through the day.
As for coverage, I would say it's on the fuller side of medium, and very buildable.
It covers spots quite well and gives a very nice finish. My skintone is quite red and blotchy but this foundation evens it out nicely. I have several reasonably dark acne scars around my jaw, which show through after a while. However I don't bother with concealer, so I'm sure scarring could be completely hidden if concealer was used.
Overall, I think this is a very good quality foundation. Not the best if you have very oily skin, but the coverage is good and it's very easy to apply.
I would recommend this for normal to dry skin, and I would definitely buy again if my skin was a little less oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great quality product for a drug store foundation. Beautiful finish, although not as nice as the serum gel version. This one wears a little better on my oily skin however still not great and at the end of the day it will have rubbed off a little. I think the Healthy Mix range is perfect for people with dry skin, excellent quality, just not right for my skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by CreamPuffification

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

As I have very very dry skin, it is hard to find a foundation that will not show the loose skin and not be all oily. This one is perfect, it looks like second skin, does not show flaky skin, and is not too dewy nor too matte. Very good foundation for dry skin. Do all that a foundation should do, easy to blend in and lasts all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by TeeJay1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is not a great foundation for people with oily skin. It is just too dewy and you end up looking like a complete oil slick after 1-2 hours if your skin is very oily like mine. I still like it because it has the most beautiful finish on the skin. It is light-medium coverage and very buildable. People with dry skin should by this foundation. In my opinion this is one of the best foundation. The finish is just flawless!