April 18, 2014 | 1506 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 3:36:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product! it's a light-medium coverage that gives me a natural, flawless finish. it's semi-matte which is perfect for giving my combination skin a dewy finish (i just make sure to powder my t-zone). it smells lovely and i'm super glad it has a pump. The product blends easily and it stays on my face pretty much all day :) LOVE IT

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by ckapp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation over the summer, loved it initially, but by the end of the day my face looked like an oil slick. It just wouldn't sink into my skin and would slide around, especially around my nose and transfer. I was really bummed because the color was perfect, it didn't break me out and the rest of my face looked fresh and lovely. In the end it just wasn't a good fit for my combo skin.

Months later I decided to give it another shot after seeing gossmakeupartist on youtube discuss common foundation mistakes. Apparently I've done them all! Two points I took to heart is that it's so incredibly important to make sure the ingredients in your skin care are complimentary to your foundation and to match a foundation according to your skin type. Bourjois healthy mix is supposed to impart a healthy "glow" so if you have oily skin like mine anytime you see the word "glow" approach a foundation with caution. Yes, I know...it seems obvious but it looks like I'm not the only one! Anyway, to make a long story short...I'm using a complimentary moisturizer underneath and now that Fall/Winter is approaching my skin is not as oily so the foundation applies to a perfect finish; no oil slick...just beautiful, natural looking skin. I apply it with a Sigma foundation brush and that seems to do the trick.

It is now my affordable, every day, go to foundation for the wintertime. I'm so glad I gave it another chance....again...I know it won't suit me in the spring/summer but for now it's perfect.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by productjunkieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first time I used Healthy Mix, I had some irritation on my skin which made it flaky and my flakes were only further emphasized but after about 20 min or so it went away. Now that my skin is back to its normal oily self, it glides on like a dream. The finish is satiny which looks more natural than the usual matte finish that I use. My face doesn't get too shiny throughout the day. Instead, I get a nice glow but I do have to blot sometimes. The coverage is light to medium so it's ideal for evening out your skin tone and not meant to cover up any imperfections like blemishes. It feels very light when applied so you barely feel like you're wearing makeup. Very good foundation overall and definitely worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by amy0036

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this foundation after reading so many positive reviews but sadly i find myself trying to avoid using it.

the coverage is not bad, light-med.

i have oily/combo skin and even with a powder it becomes oily very quickly.

For a foundation that makes my skin oily it is suprising hard to blend. Some times i have to mix olay moisturiser with it or it will sort of sit in spots on my face and not blend.

also so sad again to say something negative but i think it may be causing breakouts. I have been using nyx hd (which is not a holy grail but it doesnt cause me to breakout) everytime i swap and use healthy mix i break out. :(

i really want an amazing (acne prone friendly) med coverage foundation, this is not it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by theleia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

LOVE:
- Lightweight, doesn't feel like it's on the skin
- As if it can't be said enough, the amazing apricot scent
- Slim glass bottle with pump
- Just one pump is enough to cover the whole face and cover general unevenness and redness
- Moderate staying power
- Sets to a semi-matte finish, ie matte with a little natural glow. Would skip the powder if I had more perfect skin.

NOT SO GREAT:
- Even with a thicker layer, doesn't cover up imperfections completely. Not for my bad skin days.
- I'm a NC 25 and the shade most suitable for me for this product is a tad too white.
- Wish the pump bottle had a bottom that moves up as the product gets used up.
-EDIT: was giving me whiteheads on my cheeks, probably due to the moisturizing texture

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by GenePaulAcePeter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm absolutely in love with this foundation. It feels really light with loads of pigment! It glides on very easily and blends very wel into the skin. I just use my fingers and I use half a pump down the center of my face and VIOLA! Flawlessness!! I'm so bummed they took this out of the US because as far as I'm concerned between this and the Chanel foundations, this is more of my "go to"!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Erinlovesmakeup

On my combination skin this foundation is the best!!! It covers nearly everything, it gives a natural finish, and it smells amazing!!! I recommend this product with the compact powder bourjois sell :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Makeuplover004

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently got this foundation as my Maybelline Superstay was WELL too dark and orange for me, this is the only foundation I have found which smells nice (not like usual foundations), Is build able, Does not flake, Doesn't turn orange after a few hours of use.
I tried 52 Vanille and loved it, the fruit in it makes it match your skin even
if it is a little bit too dark for you, It claims to:

1.It's exquisite glide-on formula blends onto the skin for a flawless, yet natural finish.

And.. it's good for my skin:
2. 8 hrs moisture
3. Lets skin breathe
4. Dermatologically tested

My opinion,
1. Agree
2. Agree
3. Agree
4. I'm glad.

Defiantly try this foundation especially if you have light skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by theamunch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this foundation for free, and I have never really used foundation before. I find that foundation clogs my pores and mostly leaves an unnatural finish, so I prefer to use mineral powder foundation. One day I got a flat foundation brush from Bourjois, which was originally ment to be used with their Mineral Matte foundation. However, I decided to try out the brush with the Healthy Mix. Ever since, I have been a complete addict. I don't suffer from many imperfections skin-wise, so for me it's perfect. It leaves a natural result with sheer coverage, depending on how much you apply. I love the scent too, but it's quite fruity, so be aware of that, if you're not a fan.
I prefer to set the foundation with a touch of powder (bronzing, preferably), and honestly - my skin has never looked better during a long day. Will DEF buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by nadeen4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm in love, best finish i have ever get out of a foundation , natural dewy healthy skin , not caky at all no matter how many layers i add to build the coverage i need ..this is my HG foundation ....will def repurchase this