December 21, 2014 | 1509 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 5:55:00 AM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked this foundation. I applied a sheer layer and it gave a little coverage and evened out my skin. I like that there is no weird metallic look like I have experienced from some other mineral foundations. This stayed on well and when I used blot paper almost no oil was visable on the paper. I would rebuy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by anniemcleod

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For a mineral powder this does offer good coverage but for me it really showed up the wrinkles (especially those deeper lines that could do with some filler!!!) and after the initial smoothing didn't do anything for my average number of large pores in the nose and chin area. This product probably added about 4-5 years to the look of my skin - not on my list of things to do before I turn 50. On purchasing I didn't realise that this product contains silica. If you havn't already done your research on silica then make sure you do.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by NurseKaren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really excited about ordering this product, but after using it the first day, I woke with 2 zits. I have never even had 1 zit before in my entire life and I am in the 40 age group. Needless to say, will not use it. The day I did use it (with a very light hand I might add), my hubby told me it looked like Dee Snider from Twisted Sister's make-up and he rushed me to the Clinique Counter for Almost Powder Foundation which is now my HG.

I tried this again and now it is my HG foundation. When I wrote the earlier review, my skin must have been changing or something because this stuff is awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Deansdaughter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I ran into Shoppers (Can) last nite in a rush looking for a pressed powder and the saleswoman told me about this, she said she used it and liked it - I didn't want to spend quite so much $30cdn, but when she applied it to my face and it covered my acne scars AND lit up my under-eye areas I was sold. I'd been wanting to try mineral make-up for awhile now, and so far I'm impressed. It's lasted all day and it's easier to apply then I thought. My only complaint, and it isn't really a complaint is that it doesn't minimize my pores, but I think that needs to be addressed on a skincare level anyway. I have fair, neutral toned skin and "Light" is an almost perfect colour - does not wash me out at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

YUCK. I wanted to like this so badly. I read a zillion great reviews, talked to a handful of friends who loved it, ordered the starter kit and checked the mail every day until it arrived. I was hoping this would make my makeup routine a lot quicker and easier -- usually I wear a liquid foundation and concealer set with loose powder, which is a little finicky and feels like quite a bit of makeup, but makes my skin look awesome. Anyway, when I FIRST apply this, it looks great. I use concealer first on any particularly dark blemishes/redness, then set with this foundation over top and blend it all together. Again, at first, it looks fresh and light and my skin looks great.

BUT THEN... just a couple of hours later, it looks super shimmery and unnatural. It also wears off on any oily spots -- and I have combination to normal skin in the wintertime -- and just ends up looking blotchy, shiny and gunky. Also, I don't think my skin is generally crazy about this foundation. It seemed to break out/look worse while I was using it.

A huge disappointment for me. And that sucks too, because I was so sure I was going to love it. Every once in a while, I drag it out and give it another go in hopes of liking it. Happens with some products. But no love connection yet. Boohoo.

/rant

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by lmalone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought the starter kit tonight at ulta.

So far, I'm impressed! The blush that comes in the kit is surprisingly perfect, which says a lot because I have pale skin and have a hard time finding the right shade of blush.

I was mixing mostly bare minerals with a tiny bit of everyday minerals before this... which i still love, but I just wanted to try something new.

Pur minerals gives good coverage, the saleswoman at Ulta told me she used red earth invisible touch underneath bare minerals. I tried it under pur minerals and found that the combination gives a beautiful natural finish.

I thought this would be a BE knockoff, but this is a great quality so far.

yay :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by saharansnowfall

I discovered Pur Minerals after BE and before "converting" to EDM. I was lucky to find a good color match and liked the packaging. My major complaint with mineral makeup is that it doesn't travel well, so it was nice to find a pressed powder that worked. It didn't irritate my skin and the buildable coverage was nice. It was easy to overdo it with this powder, so I'd recommend a nice kabuki brush for even application.

The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is that it did nothing for oil coverage/absorption, which meant that I was constantly adding more throughout the day (or using another power on top). I like the idea of all-in-one makeup, but I need something that decreases shine.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by EVOO

overall it is an ok product, just like many other mineral powders.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by HeatSeeker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love pur minerals! I rarely wore foundation or powder but I really enjoy wearing pur minerals. As an African American I wasn't expected to match well, but now only did I find a shade to match my skin, but it blended perfectly. It covers up all of my flaws and yet is so complimenting and light. I will be sticking with pur minerals forever!

Edit: I now apply it with a sponge to get better coverage. Still loving it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 12:50:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

This is a great mineral foundation. Unlike Bare Minerals, the compact is great for carrying and it's not messy. The sponge that is included is good for touch ups, but in the morning I apply with the blunt brush I received with the foundation and it works well. It has buildable coverage that looks very natural and it has good staying power. I agree with the reviewer who said that it doesn't last long. I wish the compact had more product. I'm totally out of it and have to order it online and stock up so I don't run out.