September 17, 2014 | 1992 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2006 8:24:00 PM More reviews by anfalca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. It doesn't clump up, even when it's a brand-new tube. It deposits the right amount of color, and I can put two to three coats on and it will still look natural. One of the great things about it is that the color stays on my lashes and doesn't get everywhere during application, like some other mascaras tend to do (little dots on my eyelids and at the corners of my eyes drive me CRAZY). It's not as volumizing as other mascaras I've used, but it's good for daily use and I'll probably repurchase this unless something better comes along.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2006 9:45:00 PM More reviews by viverr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this mascara! It comes with a tiny brush that makes it so much easier to apply without 'dirtying up' my eyelids. Best mascara I've used!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2006 2:32:00 PM More reviews by heathernicole27

I don't usually like Covergirl products, especially the foundations, but as far as this mascara goes, I LOVE IT. It's the best one I've used. I like to try other mascaras, but I always come back to this one. Not only is it super cheap, but it lengthens and thickens my lashes and they look amazing. And it doesn't smudge. The packaging is very low key-I don't really know how to comment on that since all mascara packaging is generally the same. Unfortunately it is not waterproof so I can't really use it in the summer when I'm in the water and doing all the summer stuff. If they ever make it in waterproof, though...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2006 4:19:00 AM More reviews by yourprincessleah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

looooooooooove this mascara! ive tried so many, and i always always come back to super thick lash. this is the one mascara that actually does everything it claims to- thick, voluminous lashes that wont smudge. this mascara is seriously underrated- dont let the 'cover girl 5 dollar ' ugly red tube sway you from this product. this is the ONE product i have repurchased over and over and will continue to do so. it is FANTASTIC.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2006 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Cristy1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good basic thickening mascara. Applies very easily and builds quickly and even stays on pretty well throughout the day. My only major complaint is that it doesn't seem to hold curl very well. (and I use a Shu Uemura lash curler, for God's sake!) But for the price, you can't go wrong with this one. I'd buy it again. (Although I never buy the same mascara two times in a row...still searching for that HG!)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2006 2:40:00 PM More reviews by DarkSideChic87

Just got this yesterday and I love it! It really thickens my lashes without the use of one of the new white lash primers. It seems that all thickening mascaras make my eyelashes clump like crazy, but not this one. Thick, dramatic lashes with no clumps. And, at such a low price, I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2006 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Kately

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Despite raves, I just don't like this mascara. It does really thicken my lashes but it is very drying, I can't imagine how the waterproof would be since WP seems to be more dry. I didn't like this because it completely straightened my lashes even after I had curled them with an eyelash curler. Also the tube dries out really fast, like within 2 weeks or a month. I liked this when I first got it because it was creamier but after it dried out, it was really nothing to talk about. It's very easy to get spider lashes with this. I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2006 12:34:00 PM More reviews by kittenheels911

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well well well...I think I've FINALLY found a mascara that is affordable aand gives me the dramatic effect that I'm looking for. My fave mascara is still DiorShow but this is by far that best thickening drugstore brand I have found to date. Considering I wear mascara every day and only replace it every 2 months, I can justify spending $23 on the Dior. But in a pinch--if I'm broke or on a trip and have forgotten my mascara--this is a GREAT back-up. First time I wore it, I borrowed it from my teenaged sister (no, you shouldn't share mascara but it was a brand new tube and she'd only used it once). I ended up staying out all night and crashing at a friend's place, falling asleep in my make-up (which I never do). After 8 hours of heavy sleep, I woke up with NO smudging, NO raccoon eyes...nothin'. I was very impressed! I didn't give it 5 lippies only because when I first put it on, there was a *little* clumping. Nothing major but something I noticed. Will DEFINITELY buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2006 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Kittensworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been searching for 10 years for the perfect mascara and have finally found it- to my suprise, it's very inexpensive ($4) and found in almost every drugstore. It gives the perfect combination of length and thickness. If I want my lashes to be really dramatic, I'll do 2 coats on all of my lashes and another coat on just the outermost ones. Will definitely repurchase and highly recommend!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2006 11:08:00 PM More reviews by veridical

What: Cover Girl Super Thick Lash Mascara, in Black
Where: Drug stores, etc.
How much: Around $4
Why: I was looking for a mascara whose formula was focused on volumizing, not lengthening. I loved this mascara's name and hoped that it would live up to it. (The only other Cover Girl mascara I have tried-Triple Mascara-I have liked.) I loved the price: $3.99 at Target (At Walgreens it was over $5)

I had really high hopes for this, what with its name and decent MUA reviews. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. The brush is straight and bushy, and holds a ton of mascara; I had to scrape some on the mouth of the tube, and even wipe it on a piece of paper. After this, it was not necessarily difficult to apply, and didn't clump with two light coats. While there were no clumps, my lashes weren't Super Thick, only slightly thicker, and dark. The effect was pretty, natural-my lashes but better. My lashes felt soft, not dry or crunchy. However, within minutes of application, it began to flake. And it did not stop all day. Having to check in every mirror you pass to wipe away black specks is a drag. And definitely something I can't live with (which is why I felt it only deserved a 2, though I really wanted to give it a 3).
The thing this mascara does have going for it: its package. I find the simplicity of the red tube oddly refreshing on the drugstore wall filled with black, silver, overstyled or overcomplicated tubes. Also, the lid clicks into place after twisting, which is simple, but a nice touch.
In other words, I was not disappointed with the effect, but I hated what I had to go through for it. I would not purchase it again.