Lancome Hypnose Drama

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol . May Contain/Peut Contenir : CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77499/Iron Oxides.

on 8/26/2010 8:08:00 PM

I am surprised by the negative reviews on this. I have tried all the Lancome mascaras and this is my favorite. You can build it and it makes a dramatic effect. I wear a mascara base underneath and love the results. This is a must have for me.

on 8/21/2010 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I got this as a GWP and since I'm obsessed with mascara I tried it out. It definetely wasn't horrible but it was a bit clumpy. In fact I think the only reason my lashes came out as fantastic as they did was because of the amazing primer/base [Lancome` Cils Booster XL] that I used prior to application. Like I said, not a terrible product but it doesn't do anything extraordinary. Maybelline's The Falsies does the same thing but better and for wayyyy less.

on 8/21/2010 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I got this mascara in a gift with purchase. This lengthens and thickens my lashes.the color it came in is excessive black/noir. I like it because it dosen't make my lashes stick together or clump. definately will purchase when the sample runs out.

on 8/18/2010 3:04:00 PM

I really disliked this mascara at first because I found the formula very clumpy. However I think I have gotten more used to the brush, or maybe the formula has dried out a bit because I like it much better now. It definitely lengthens my lashes impressively but I find it a little hard to work with and I hate the brush! Overall I expected more for the price, I find myself reaching for my cheaper mascara when I'm in a rush.
I wouldn't buy this again but I plan on trying more Lancome mascaras.

on 8/17/2010 9:43:00 AM

I typically love Lancome mascara. I had been using Hypnose for a couple of years and was satisfied, but not "blown away". When this came out, I thought it could be what I was looking for. It does an amazing job of lengthening, thickening, and defining lashes. NO clumping (which is my biggest issue with Hypnose)!!! I thought I was absolutely in love....until about lunchtime when I looked in the mirror. I had little black flecks underneath my bottom row of lashes. I thought it was just a fluke, so I continued to use it for a few weeks with the same flaking result daily. This is the first mascara of Lancome's that I have had flake out on me. Terribly dissapointed! Lancome, stand by your good name and do a better job of testing your products.

on 8/12/2010 1:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

*The good bits*

It took me some time to fall in love with this mascara as before I was very shy of looking at all dramatic in my makeup choices and would always opt for 'barely there' makeup. I have naturally very thick and very long lashes, but they are straight. Packaging is exquisite but at this price one would hope so!! The real beauty of this mascara is the brush - It means that nearly all of my lashes get coated in one go and the curve of the brush means they look lovely and curled without needing to use a curler beforehand. I personally really like the formulation; I like the fact it is quite thin and glossy in consistency as it means it spreads and coats lashes a lot better. This in itself is also a negative, meaning that application can be messy however. It does smell lovely though!

*The not-so-good bits*

As mentioned above, application is messy and comes with a fair amount of practice. Only use this if you have plenty of time to get ready and are not in a rush / applying makeup on public transport / any other inconvenient place as it will end up spreading and you will look like a smudgy mess and get frustrated.
It is very easy to overload the brush; I would suggest scraping excess mascara off the tip of the wand against the side of the tube opening and gently twirling the wand across a tissue. This should help against clumpiness which you will encounter before you get enough practice, but of course this does mean you waste a lot of the product and as it's so expensive that's a definite downfall.
And yes, the price is not great.

**For those of you who want something similar at a fraction of the price I would suggest L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes. It smells exactly the same and I am pretty sure it is the same formulation but in different packaging. It's not as clumpy either due to the clever packaging although I prefer the brush of the Lancome.**

I do love this mascara, but the fact it burns a hole in my wallet and the fact I'm a uni student seem to clash with one another. Maybe I might buy it again when I have a little more funding, or for Christmas or something. Then again, maybe not.

on 8/12/2010 12:39:00 PM

Not a rave worthy mascara. I think a good word to describe the formulation is greasy! I'm also curious about the color, it's not black, rather grey ish very strange.
It dries slow, clumps quite a bit, and doesn't flake but your lash looks lumpy. Finally I guess this mascara just hates me, so the opening that scrapes the excess mascara got stuck on the "lid".

on 8/12/2010 12:24:00 PM

I've wanted to try a hypnose mascara for ages and was coaxed into buying one when purchasing a few other bits from Lancome. I find this mascara to be ok, the formulation is quite thin and wet and it doesn't give me much length or much volume. It does not clump that much on me but it does not give me full dramatic lashes that it claims to do. I do however love the wand as the curved part gets all my lashes in one sweep and the bumpy part is great for zig zagging through your lashes to get some volume its just such a shame that the formulation lets this product down.

on 8/8/2010 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Flaked, clumped and was almost perfumed smelling very hard on my sensitive eyes.. had to return it.

on 8/5/2010 9:29:00 PM

Actually this worked very well for me, made my lashes super long, didn't smudge and didn't irritate my contact lens wearing eyes. BUT and yes its a big but...I get the same results from cheaper drugstore mascaras. So why spend $24 when you can get the same product for $8???