Lancome Hypnose Drama

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol . May Contain/Peut Contenir : CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77499/Iron Oxides.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I really don't like this mascara (I have excessive black, but I'm sure the formula is all the same for every color). That's the simple way to put it.
First off, it's extremely watery. So much mascara gets on the brush when I pull it out. It looks like it's going to drip.
When you put it on, it does make a nice curl (and holds one). In fact, I love the shape of this brush. It was possibly the only thing I like about it. However, the mascara clumps. Not just little ones, but pretty noticeable ones. If you touch it, it will either smear (it takes a bit to dry) or flake (gross). It isn't what your looking for if you want natural-looking lashes (I wasn't, but this is just a disclaimer).
Lastly, it smells so badly. It smells overly rosy mixed with chemicals.
This isn't that expensive, but it is expensive considering it's a terrible product.

This is a great mascara but i have to say if you like the faux lashes look you are going to love it, this give volumen and lenght to my lashes and holds the curl really well, if you have short eye lashes always curl them before applying, and it can get a little clump if you use more than 2 coats, overall its a great mascara i have the waterproof version and its the best for humid weather

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

For once, I'm not surprised by the low rating on a product. I went into Macy's originally to get the regular Lancome Hypnose. I asked the sales girl which of the two she would recommend and she said that this would give me length and volume while the regular one would only give volume so I decided to give it a try. Honestly, the ONLY thing I like about this mascara is how dark it made my lashes. My lashes are short and stick straight but I have a lot of them. This turned them into stiff little sticks and took the curl right out of them, which is probably the biggest turn-off for me when it comes to mascara. I tried it out for several days just to be sure I wasn't judging it too quickly, but no.. it's really just an awful mascara. I won't repurchase.

Got this at a recent Nordstrom Trend Show after trying it that day. Was amazed at how amazing my lashes looked...they looked almost like I had false lashes on. However, now that I have it at home and have worn it a few times I hate it. The smell is awful, and it makes my lashes look all clumpy. On top of that, when I go to take it off at night it flakes off all over my face, and does not come off entirely. It is on the expensive side too....so I will be returning it and going back to my Maybelline Falsies which I like a whole lot more!

I received a sample of this mascara in a GWP a month ago or so and it just works for me so I went out and bought the full size. I'm probably going to keep it for special occassions though... going out on weekends, bf dates, etc. because of how expensive it is (I think i paid 36 CAN for it... but i did receive it in a giftpack w/ sample of EMR and eyeliner so that's ok). It does have a distinct smell to it that takes a little getting used to. I would recommend for those who have mediumish lashes in all aspects (length, volume, etc.). One tihng i love is that it holds a curl great because my lashes refusssse to curl. I havent started using the full size to comment on how long it lasts... but from what ive heard it dries out quickly (as most HE mascaras seem to do for some reason... bah..). It worked for me great but i recommend trying a sample first to see if you like it.

update:

the sample version is way better tahn the full version ugh... i think they make the sample much better than the full size to make u buy the full size. flakey, clumpy, gross.

Nwe update:

only mascara i will use from now on, i've mastered the application, and it makes my lashes flawless

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great mascara ! It's great for people like me who have small lashes. It really gives off that faux look. Downside is that it smells awful, can be pretty clumpy and runs out quickly.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

WOW. So This product is SO wet. One huge downside, however I had NO idea my eyelashes could look so long. I LOVE THAT! Too bad it's super messy, and not the best for volume. However, I LOVE fake looking lashes , screw the natural look : D

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this mascara and it just doesnt deliver. While it darkens the lashes and makes them noticeable, it's too messy, wet and the formula does not allow you to build without spider eyes and clumps galore!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like Definicils a lot better than Hypnose. I don't particularly like the shape of the brush, I think it causes my lashes to clump together. The mascara is a bit too 'runny' for me, and it doesn't give me the length or volume that Definicils did. i would suggest getting the sample size to try before purchasing the full size, because it is expensive. This mascara reminded me of Maybelline the Falsies, which I did not like. It's wet, runny, and clumps easily. In order to build up length, I have to swipe a lot of times.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara is great for me as I have a lot of lashes, so if a couple clump it just enhances the false lash effect. I love love love it because it gives me length AND volume, and I get asked which mascara I use a lot! It doesn't separate as well as I'd like it to, but I think the impact makes up for it. I have noticed towards the end of it's life the bristles on the brush looked like they'd fallen out and it stopped the mascara working as well as it should. I would recommend this highly, but not to people with sparse eyelashes.

Popular Mascaras