December 22, 2014 | 1038 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Drama

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by meggers88

I recently bought this because I was getting tired of Dior Show (it doesn't really lengthen and I wanted lengthening.) A friend suggested I try Lancome.

Ok so here's the thing. It takes awhile to figure out how to put it on. The brush is tricky. The woman at the counter showed me how, and you have to flip it so that the brush is in the shape of a "U"- you use the curve part to lift your lashes and lengthen. Then you flip it over to the bumpy part of the brush, make sure to zigzag, and it will create thicker lashes. If you do it right you will have thick, very long eyelashes. They almost look fake.

The only problem is it clumps a little. It works best for me when I run a brush comb over my lashes after I'm done, and I always have to be careful to get rid of excess product or visible clumps on the brush before applying. Overall I'm pretty impressed.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

I got a sample of this mascara when I was buying stuff from Lancome, and oh my God I hated this mascara. The worst I have ever used. It clumped, did not hold any curl from the very start, and throught the day ended up under my eyes, which has never happened with any other mascara. In general I find lancome mascara's a waste, the whole lot of them! And they dry up withing a week or two! Would not recommend this even to my enemies!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2010 4:12:00 AM More reviews by saintdaifuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

By itself, the mascara ultimately fails for me precisely because it could not hold the curl which is one of the most important things I look for in mascaras. That being said it added a great deal of length to my lashes which is absolutely wonderful! As well, just enough volume for me. Now when I layered this on top of my Heroine Kiss Me mascara (it holds the curl which the Hypnose Drama doesn't), it's a lovely combination. Curl, length, volume, no flaking or smudges. However, it has to be layered on another mascara, so it's not HG worthy for me. Also given the price (even though I received this as a sample from Sephora), I probably wouldn't repurchase as I'm sure there's something out there that would at least hold the curl. All in all, it's 'just' okay for a mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by liz121467

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yuk, yuk and yuk. I attended a Robert Cook makeup event at Belk, and he used this mascara on me. I cannot believe how aweful my eyes looked. If I hadn't been so shocked, I would have said, "Are you really going to let me leave this store looking like this?" I looked like Tammy Faye Bakker. It was all over the place. So what do I do, I buy the stuff. Surely, I thought, I could make it work. The makeup artists love to go over the top, I thought. To my surprise, I got the same result at home. So, back it goes. Nasty stuff.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by lauradfromnc

Love Hypnose. Thought this would be better. Can't understand the strange S shaped brush. Product was okay for the first 2 or 3 weeks. Not great. Not better than original Hypnose. After a couple weeks it seemed to go on drier and I noticed it flaking off all day long. I despise that. Will not repurchase. Do not recommend.
For reference, I also like Diorshow which goes on quite dry, but looks more like real hair on my lashes and doesn't flake.
I also like Maybelline Collossal Volume in the yellow tube which goes on quite sticky but makes enormous lashes on me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Always tempted to try new mascaras, I decided to give this one a shot after the SA at Sephora raved about it. I was expecting something much better than this mediocre performance, especially given the reputation Lancome has built for their mascaras. I like a lot of volume in my mascara formula, and the ability to hold a curl. Length isn't a huge priority since my lashes are already pretty long.

This has a rich black color, but other than that I can't see what makes this any more special than an average drugstore mascara. It pulled my curl right out, it has an obnoxious fragrance, and it didn't add volume. It clumped my lashes together in an odd way: they were very thin, pointed, spidery pieces. I find it funny that this doesn't even clump in a thickening sort of way. My lashes had a brittle texture as well. It looked like I had cut the amount of my lashes in half.

The brush shape adds nothing to this at all, other than make it unwieldy to manipulate. No flaking that I could see, but it did smudge quite a bit and I don't have a problem with oily skin or eyelids at all. To top it all off, it irritated my eyes so badly that I had to wash it off in under an hour.

I would prefer going without mascara to using this, and that's saying something since I truly adore wearing mascara. Back to Sephora it goes, and luckily my sister (who was shopping with me at the time and considering this mascara as well) held off from buying one.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2010 11:35:00 AM More reviews by melaniekiser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After using Lancome Hypnose almost exclusively for 5+ years now, I regrettably fell for the marketing ruse of Hypnose Drama, the WORST mascara I've ever bought-- including cheap ones from convenience stores.

I got hooked on Hypnose because back in high school, girls would occasionally ask if those were my REAL eyelashes. When I went to Sephora to get a new tube earlier this month, I saw the Drama product and stupidly grabbed it without Googling reviews on my iPhone like I usually do. Lancome basically abused its customers' loyalty and trust in the brand's consistent high quality.

This mascara flakes all over my face no matter what I do. In various combination, I have rubbed the excess off the wand, applied right out of the tube, done one coat, two coats, used makeup remover to assure clean lashes, three different types of lash brush tools.

Unless I apply very lightly (and sometimes even then), I find myself scraping off clumps of mascara with my fingers and in the process yanking out at least a lash or two with each wear.

BOTTOM LINE: DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so mad at Lancome that I'm searching MA for alternatives to the original Hypnose , also, because obviously there are some quality control problems at a once very reputable company.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by Tiffydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is so far my fave!! It is sort of like the dior show blackout, it creates full plumped lashes leaving no clumps. I recently just purchased this and I wear it everyday. Its is great for night wear especially with fake lashes, and makes your eyes pop!!
It doesnt smudge, and it is waterproof I bought this in black and its perfect.! got it for special, $37 with eye makeup remover and eye liner (voucher and sale) so i was impressed.
I would purchase this again because it makes my lashes heaps longer!! You can apply as much as you want it wont clump ur lashes...
the best mascara so far for me. =)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by hilla1ee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a big fan of Lancome Hypnose, so I thought this would be great-- like hypnose, only bigger and better.

Maybe I just need to try it with an eyelash comb, which is something I've never had to do with any other mascara, but this is some clumpy mascara. With one coat, my eyelashes (which aren't super thick, but not thin either) were in three little pointy patches on my eyelid. I guess that means it volumizes, but there is no separation in this mascara.

I will see what it does with a comb, but I think I'll stick with original hypnose.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by kiefer5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because it says that it is good for contact lens wearers and won't clump or flake. This stuff is so clumpy that I had to take a tissue and take almost all of the mascara off the wand and try to build it one light coat at a time. It flakes and irritates my eyes within about five hours.