Lancome Hypnose Drama

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol . May Contain/Peut Contenir : CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77499/Iron Oxides.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This was the first high end mascara I bought, and most likely the last. I had been using Lashblast Fusion and it was drying out, so my eyelashes weren't what they used to be. It freaked me out, so I forked over $24.50 for this Lancome Hypnose "drama". It was dramatic alright. I was expecting it to be the best mascara I've ever used for that price, and honestly? It's by far the worst mascara I've EVER used (and I've used a lot). First of all, the price is kind of outrageous. I'm a teenager and don't really make a lot of money for myself, but I wanted to try it. This formula is SO WET. It's disgusting, it feels like someone poured a gallon of water into my tube. Since it's so watery, it clumps like mad on the brush, and even more so on my lashes. I always curl my eyelashes with a curler because though I have long pretty thick lashes, they're super straight. As I was putting this mascara on, I gradually noticed my eyelashes going lower, and lower until they were curled, but covering my eyes. o.O And pretty soon, My thick eyelashes turned into 3 humongous spider lash clumped up nastiness. If you needed a fake spider prop, you could have used my eyelashes, no joke. It was AWFUL. I bought Almay Intense I-Color mascara today for $7.49 and it literally looked like I was wearing falsies. I can't believe a mascara more than twice the amount of Almay worked so horrendously. I will NEVER repurchase this again, nor recommend it. I'm sticking with my tried and true drugstore mascaras.

Bottom line kids, don't even consider wasting $24.50 on this piece of crap. You could most likely buy three of your favorite drugstore mascaras for the price of one of these. Tsk tsk, Lancome.

on 8/4/2010 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I don't understand the negative reviews for this mascara?? I will agree..the price of 24.50 is steep, but I find it justifying I guess. This is the first Mascara I've tried from Lancome. I had this about 6 months ago and lost it in a nightclub lol and was totally bummed because I only had it for about a week. So I figured I would try out 2 other mascaras....MAC Zoom and Lancome Defincils. Mac was great, Defincils was awful. Anyhow I'm back to Hypnose after 6 months...plan on not losing it...this is such a great Mascara ladies. If your looking for thick, long, sexy dramatic lashes...look no further!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I don't think this is worth the price at all.

It doesn't clump and it volumizes and lengthens well but, it flakes alot. And I get these little black flakes under my eyes that I constantly have to check for.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara does lengthen and volumize my lashes well, but it flakes quickly, leaving little black specks all over my face. The brush is somewhat cumbersome to use, and if I don't sweep the brush across my lashes at the correct angle, my lashes will clump and look spidery. Overall, not worth the high price.

on 7/28/2010 6:32:00 PM

Mehh! Nothing special!
Drama-free mascara!
Good quality, nice coverage..that's about it

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Clumps. I thought this is waterproof but it left clown dots around my eyes after swimming w/ goggles, yet it is quite hard to remove. Glad this was a free Gift with Purchase.

on 7/22/2010 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This mascara is the worst ever... I really agree with all the negative comments. I thought it was just me, but now it all makes sense. Love regular Hypnose.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this mascara. I used it once at the lancome makeup counter and liked it. So, i forked out way too much money for it (which my husband didn't really like and I assured him that it was worth the money). I got home and the first use was ok, it definitely gave me the length that i wanted but it took like 15 min. to get my lashes perfect. It was all down hill from then on, not only does this mascara come out of the tube clumpy, but it makes my eye lashes like clumpy spider lashes! grr. I do not like this product and find that my cheaper drug store mascara surpasses this spendy piece of crap BY FAR.

on 7/19/2010 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite mascara. I think it works better for those who have full, curly, long eyelashes. At first it may seem too clumpy, but after a week, it gets even better. Even when i do use another mascara, i always reach for this one to add on top.

on 7/11/2010 6:13:00 PM

I recently bought this because I was getting tired of Dior Show (it doesn't really lengthen and I wanted lengthening.) A friend suggested I try Lancome.

Ok so here's the thing. It takes awhile to figure out how to put it on. The brush is tricky. The woman at the counter showed me how, and you have to flip it so that the brush is in the shape of a "U"- you use the curve part to lift your lashes and lengthen. Then you flip it over to the bumpy part of the brush, make sure to zigzag, and it will create thicker lashes. If you do it right you will have thick, very long eyelashes. They almost look fake.

The only problem is it clumps a little. It works best for me when I run a brush comb over my lashes after I'm done, and I always have to be careful to get rid of excess product or visible clumps on the brush before applying. Overall I'm pretty impressed.