October 1, 2014 | 2028 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Flippinsushi

I'm forever looking for the perfect eyeliner. I've used literally every possible type of liner out there. The spongy liquid liners are probably my least favorite.

Pro-
Doesn't smudge

Con-
Pigment- while I love the idea of the sponge for control, (over the basic liquid), I found that this really limited the amount of liner you could actually get onto your eye at a given time----- MANY coats in order to get the desired line. However, after practicing with it a couple times I was able to get a technique down....

I will say this is a better sponge liner than others I've tried, so that's a plus.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by alelles

I got this in 'Blackest Black' and let me tell you- it definitely was NOT the blackest black... the colour, in my opinion fades really easily. It has horrid pigmentation (if any). The consistency is OK a little bit too runny. The only good thing I would say is the applicator. It is really easy to use, it's soft, and it's an actual FELT tip. I know there's lots of eyeliners out there that claim the applicator is felt tip when really it's some hard stick that feels like a toothpick.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by sydneyjs

This is the worst liquid liner ever. I decided to be budget conscious and get something other than my $20 Smashbox liner. Worst mistake. The end isn't a point and it doesn't go on evenly. I found I could see my eyeshadow through the liner in spots. It took on a grey-ish hue and wasn't very precise as they claim. I thought that this was a pen type liner, as I really dislike the lack of control the ones with the pot have, turns out I was wrong.

I'm returning this today after one use.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by ldyshallott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My Go-to Liquid eyeliner. great formula and the wand is perfect, not too stiff, not too wobbly. perfect for a precise application!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2010 5:27:00 AM More reviews by librarykrystal

Maybelline discontinued my favorite liner so they could push this more expensive Stiletto product line. So I tried this, and hated it. It goes on thin/watery and flakes off terribly before the day is over (neither of which happened with the original LineWorks liquid liners). Shame on you, Maybelline! I will no longer buy any Maybelline products because they discontinued a great liner so they could sell a lower-quality one for more money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by jazzsm191

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is HG stuff. The tip of the pen thing, is not a brush, but not a marker. Its just a tip? But its so amazing, the perfect flimsy-ness but not to stiff. Draws an amazing line and is a deep amazing black. Go buy, available, and CHEAP:)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by emelieelove

This was my first ever liquid liner purchase, and I am deeply in love with it! It creates thick and thin lines depending on if you use the tip or lay the applicator flat to apply the liquid liner. I purchased Line Stiletto in Blackest Black, and it is a very intense, pigmented black color. It doesn't smear or smudge at all, even when I rubbed my eyes. I have very oily lids, and smudging of eyeliner is always a big problem for me. With this liner, that was not an issue! ☺ The liquid liner has a satin finish and almost looks a bit wet, versus a typical matte finish from pencil, powder and gel liners. I really like this finish, as it makes everything look more dramatic, while the clean, sharp finish keeps everything from looking too dark and smoky for an everyday look.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by icedchampagne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it's not pigmented, goes on watery and it flakes. even when i wear paintpot underneath it flakes. will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by berrybellajoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

15 years ago when i was a highschool teen I used to wear liquid felt tip liners but they used to go on too thick. I loved the ease of putting them on but didn't want to sacrifice my e/s disappearing as a result. I've just started wearing liner on the top lids for a few months. All the d/s felt tip liner have received poor reviews so I went with WnW gel liners and Eco tools angled brush. They work amazingly well but unfortunately, I am such a procrastinator that I frequently rush out of the house. Therefore, my mu needs to be quick and I found that I was not fast enough with the gel liner. Fast forward a few weeks later and frequently eyeliner free, my beautiful best friend mentioned that she barely wears MU anymore and now only fills in her brows and uses maybelline stila eyeliner. I gave it a try and it is perfect for me! I feel like I'm just a beginner again and this is as easy to put on as it gets...and quick! It is able to go on thick or thin for me and lasts the entire day! I'm glad I gave this a chance afterall.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by sellysel2

It is a bit difficult to apply. It clumps and doesn't glide on. When i would try to go over it again, it would flake off. I know its not waterproof but it does not last at all.