September 23, 2014 | 2036 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by surf222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I usually use liquid liner but lately I wanted to try a softer look so I decided to try this product. I found it in Walgreens and purchased the bronze color. It stays on well/all day and I really like how it glides on without tugging at my eye. It's a keeper!!

BTW-I also plan on trying the brown color next

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Lizap

Ok, this is my first review and I have to be honest here.
I live in South Texas which means HOT and HUMID, now with that said, Im sure climate has alot to do with how well a product will work and or last. My first impression was WOW, a gel/ liquid liner in a pencil. Thats what it feels like. Awesome. I found something quick and easy to use on my waterline. Then after the 3rd use, and 8 hrs later. Smudged no waterline. Smear and kinda messy.
Also know that you have approx 10 sec to smudge, remove or repair the eyeliner before it sets if you plan on using above or below your lashline.
Positive points- this last a long time and sets on upper/lower lashline.
Negative- not good if you live in hot humid weather. It does smear and disappear. Yes I used primer, but, I really can't compete with South Texas weather.
Very smooth and glides on great, just wish it lasted longer.
Oh and I paid over 8 bucks for it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by GlossRawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Eyeliners for me need to meet 3 criteria: good color payoff, long lasting, easy to apply. This one meets all to a T! I have it in Plum and think I have found a replacement to my beloved HG e/l that was discontinued. It really does glide on sooo smooth - like well, liquid! And, unlike so many e/l I find these days, the color you see is the color you get! The plum is actually a gorgeous PLUM. Not gray, not purpley black, but PLUM. I love it! And of course the best part, it stays ALL day, even through a work out after work! No smudging, no transferring, no fading or creasing. I do use UDPP and always put my liner on top of shadow. So if yours isn't staying, try a primer :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Moosemawen

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this. It is my HG eyeliner. I am having a hard time finding it though. I did find the one I have at Target. Where else have you found this?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by DFcupcake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really *really* like this eyeliner. I bought it in Intense Bronze, but a Drug Emporium in my area has them in Black, Brown, Bronze, Emerald, Plum and Gray. For $6.99 each, I intend to get more. It glides on smoothly, isn't messy, and was a dream to tightline with . No gaps between lids and lashes for me today. Highly recommend! Note on 6-17-09, I still like this product, but I find it isn't great on the waterline.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didnt exactly love this. I think its a great idea and I think lots of people might really like this product but it wasent all that for me. I like lining the inner rim and this really dont work for that. I also like smudging my liner and when I did that it looked great for like 20 minutes and then weirdly sort of faded away. Juts not good for my needs, so I'll stick to the MAC Powerpoints...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 11:44:00 AM More reviews by ArmyBrat

Why didn't someone think of this sooner? This new eyeliner is shaped just like a pencil e/l, but it's really liquid! Not, only does it look like a pencil, but it applies the liquid eyeliner just like a pencil would apply. There's no worry of messy liquid dripping or getting too much in one spot. Application is a breeze and takes only seconds compared to how careful you need to be with other liquid eyeliners. This is a dream come true for us gals who actually prefer a liquid, longlasting formual but don't want to fuss with the application everyday. This allows me to draw the line as fine *DAY* or as thick *EVENING* as I want. I'm surprised there aren't more reviews for this eyeliner. It is brand new, but when this catches on, it wil be catagorized as one of those BREAKTHROUGH products that ALLUE recognizes. The only slightly negative thing:I have only seen BLACK as a color choice, I'm not sure if they make other shades, that may be a dealbreaker for those ladies who prefer a softer shade like brown or gray, but the black works great for me! I predict that other beauty compies, high-end and low-end will be copying this concept.
Also, the $7.86 pricetag (that's at WAL-MART), I was able to pick up a couple spares in case my store sells out!
UPDATE!! I have been able to use this e/l a total of 3 times & then I was out. I don't apply my e/l thick at all so I can't blame it on that. it takes NO TIME to go through this e/l..and when you calculate it, the $8 spent calculates into about $2.70 per use...OUTRAGEOUS!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 7:44:00 AM More reviews by jenjen80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Finally! HG eyeliner! This goes on so smooth, no tugging, and it lasts! As the name says, it is intense black! I've been searching for the perfect black eyeliner and this is it for me. And that it retails at about $7 doesn't hurt either!

Edit, 4/30/09: I've gotten a few PM's from gals wondering exactly what this is. Basically, it's a smooth gel liner in pencil form, supposedly with the intensity of a liquid liner. If you're a die-hard liquid liner user, I don't see this replacing it, but for someone like me who's terrible at applying LL, it's great. I also don't see the precision being quite on par with a LL, because after you sharpen it, it's not as tapered and smooth as it is new (but it's possible that that's my sharpener too; just a cheapie L'Oreal one). HTH! :o)