December 21, 2014 | 1449 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - Eyebrow Kit

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I've completely hit pan on this thing, working on my next one. I use medium and it is just about the perfect color for my brows. A word of caution though, there is a lot of red in my natural hair color, and this powder tends to run very warm, so if you have cool tones it might not work as well for you.

The wax is a great consistency which could easily be used on its own. The powder is not cakey and blends well with the wax as long as you use a spoolie.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Bumbar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think it is okay, but the lightes shade ash is quite warm toned and I expected cool toned gel side. I would buy it again, but it is not perfect color match for my eyebrows. I like that it has two sides, gel and setting powder, but I use more of my gel than powder. It is really good for that price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by jessadores

Works Great. I bought the medium kit at target (I think they only have medium there) I use it to fill in my eyebrows, but they are not sparse, so I don't know how it would work for sparse eyebrows. I also don't use it to shape them, so again I can't comment on that. So for what my needs are I like it. Also I can't compare to much because I have never used any other brow kits. I've used a matte dark brown shadow and it looked good, but didn't last. I've also used clear gel, but hated the hardness and sheen of it. This is one reason why I like it so much, it doesn't give my brows that fake/shiny look. Also, I put it on this morning at like 6:30 am and at 3:30 pm it still looks good, 9 whole hours. I say for 3 dollars give it a try, the only problem I could see someone having is this being too dark. I have pretty dark hair and brows, not black, and no problem. So, that wouldn't be a problem with the actual product, just the shade. Oh and the little brush it comes with isn't too bad either. I have a higher end brow/liner brush, but can still use the one it comes with.
**UPDATE**
When I first wrote the review I was only using the wax side so once I had tried both the wax and the powder I realized that the powder made my eyebrows pull slightly reddish. No big deal for me because my natural hair does that in the sunlight. Since this product is so cheap and works well I still really like and will continue to buy even though I will; most likely stick to the wax side (Unless I find something better).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by rubyannbyf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this kit daily in the medium shade. When I first bought it I thought it was a little dark but if you use the gel and powder together right it becomes a decent medium shade. The actual product works really well for filling in and defining my brows. I do wish the brush that comes with the set was larger. Overall though I really do like the product, especially for such a low price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by dezichan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in the medium shade because that's all there was available, but it's WAY too dark for my brows. I think my brows are pretty dark, but I guess not. I want to get the lighter shade possibly, but even it looks pretty dark in the website preview.
Besides the color, it does work great. My brows were filled in and looked nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by seiran

I wish they would make this for darker brows! I can only use the dark brown wax, the powder simply is too light for my black eyebrows. That is why I took away the lippie and also because it transfers fairly easily. If you press a kleenex tissue on it you will notice it will indeed come off, especially after 8 hours. My skin is combination and I do get oilier around the T-zone and also I have bangs so I'm sure this also affects it's transferability. But if they would just include a dark brown powder instead of the very light brown, almost beige powder, I would have never look for anything better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't know where I would be without this product. Now my case is likely very different from the average MUA-er. I have very bad anxiety and it manifests through several bad habits I have- biting my nails, and, most unfortunately, pulling my eyebrows and eyelashes out. I have done it so badly that my eyebrows appear extremely patchy, or at worst, nearly invisible. And I don't know if you've ever seen a person without eyebrows, but it looks absolutely ridiculous and very noticeable. I know these are horrible habits and I'd sure love to be able to stop, but for now, this powder duo from ELF is what is allowing me to save face- literally. Being a fair redhead, I only have need for the lighter color- I haven't even touched the darker. But the light color is a perfect match for my brows and it's easy to apply and blend and stays put. One of my most loved makeup items. Also very inexpensive and it lasts a LONG time, even with everyday usage. Mine has lasted me over a year and hardly shows any use.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by danyellec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

On my 5th or so compact of this! Just as good- if not better- than Brow-Zings by Benefit! And for a fraction of the cost. It lasts all day and looks lovely. The only problems I have is that the brush is quite fiddly (for me) so I tend to use my Ecotools angled eyeliner brush instead and I use dark but the gel still isn't dark enough for my black eyebrows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 7:26:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I'm not sure how this works but it works. I use this in ''ash'' and although it looks much too light in the pan it somehow blends into my brows and looks very natural. I don't use the powder with it, only the wax - I find that it lasts all day on me but I have dry skin so perhaps that's the reason. The brush that comes with it is quite nice, I've never used the product with anything else and now that I think about it it might give me even better results but for a quick brow that little brush is more than enough. The packaging is also really nice and sleek, for three dollars you should really try it out. I rarely do my brows though so perhaps I'm not experienced enough to see what might not work well for more demanding users.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Popcornshrimp

I bought this in the light kit by accident. I thought it was the ash kit because the colors look almost the same under store lights. The light kit has a very very noticeable reddish undertone. If you watch the youtube videos, you can totally tell they are wearing it even on the non-HD reviews. The color doesn't look natural no matter how much I futz with it. This color would probably only be good for someone with dark ginger hair and darker eyebrows. It's not a bad product, I will probably repurchase if Target starts to carry the Ash Kit.