Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15

3.8

Skin Foundation SPF 15 – (Active ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50% and Titanium Dioxide 1.00%) Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Talc, Boron Nitride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Dimethicone, Lecithin, Aluminum Dimyristate, Tocopherol, Myristic Acid, Silica, Magnesim Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 4/6/2009 12:03:00 PM

I would definitely buy this product again because it is truly a wonder for my skin. I use Beige (NW 25-27) and though it runs a teensy itty bitty *touch* yellow on me, it sinks right in to my skin and looks very natural once on. It's glowy but not dewey (which always reads as slick on my oily-leaning skin). BB Skin is what I wanted Diore Nude to be (and I hated that one). It basically does everything that I want a foundation to do: covers and evens me out, doesn't look cakey, masky, or like I'm wearing foundation, lasts long enough to make it worth my while (I have to re-do my MU mid-day due to workouts at lunch anyway so it lasts from morning to mid-day and then mid-day to after work), doesn't cause breakouts and is easily and readily available with a host of corresponding color products (touch up stick, concealer, etc.). I love to try new foundations so I will continue to do so when I feel a new product merits a go but I do LOVE this foundation and would buy it again and again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really, really wanted to love this product. The setup was there. Pale enough for my skin. In fact, I could get away with both Alabaster (00) and Porcelain (0)! No standard Bobbi Brown fragrance! Awesome! Fairly lightweight so it didn't look heavy on my practically translucent skin! I was on my way to being in love! But...it didn't last. Within 2 hours of application, I was tin-man shiny in my tzone and dry and patchy around my chin. I tried more moisturizer and less. I tried applying with fingers and beautyblender sponge. Same results. I'm crushed. I have pale, very hard to match skin and I was really excited that here were 2 shades I could potentially wear! (Porcelain was just the tiniest bit dark/warm for me but totally wearable.) But, the metallic shine was not pretty and yet it was drying in spots too. Despite this not working for me, any really pale girls should absolutely try a sample of this. It may work for your skin better than it did mine. I had to give it a 3 just because there was actually a shade pale enough for me which is rare.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have dry skin with redness in the cheeks from rosacea. This foundation is, by far, the best foundation I have ever tried. It just melts right onto my skin and makes it look almost flawless. I put on moisturizer first and then I used my 188 brush today for the first time and it looked amazing. I dust it lightly with powder as well. This foundation does not budge all day! Also, even thought it is light-med coverage, my rosacea seems to dissapear! I can finally use blush without looking sunburned! I highly recommend this to anyone with dry skin. For reference I am NC20 and I use Warm Ivory (1).

on 3/31/2009 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Never has a foundation truly melded with my natural skin tone until I tried Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF15 in Beige. Believe me, I've never been 100% satisfied w/ the color of *any* foundation. But sadly, as much as I loved the initial look of this foundation, it came short on so many important levels that even it's beautiful color match couldn't save it. However, just because it's not right for me doesn't mean it's disposable. Many could benefit from it - really!

COVERAGE / TEXTURE : it's very liquidy and spreadable, almost serum-like, yet it nicely blends away redness and moderate post-acne markings; it certainly evens skin tone and leaves you with a fresh, super-smooth glowy base that feels/looks semi-matte. It is highly buildable and can easily achieve excellent medium coverage, perhaps even full. I have pretty bad skin as of late and BBSF really smoothed things over nicely (without concealer).

COLORS : Wow, the color selection represented here is astonishing, that is, if your naturally yellow toned. There is a multitude of warm-hued shades to be found here that will especially compliment those difficult-to-match ethnic skin tones. Brown believes that, like, 98% of ALL skin tones have some degree of yellow, so most bases in her line, from the lightest to the deepest, have yellow undertones; she believes this approach flatters most skin tones and brings an added naturalness to the face. I couldn’t agree more! And for the very cool, fairest of skin tones, she has the shade “00.” It has a pink undertone.

So far, so good. But this is where a foundation, for me, anyway, can go from a “10” right down to a “3.”

PERFORMANCE : On some one with oily skin, BBSF evaporates off the face within a few hours. At the one-and-a-half hour mark, the skin becomes increasingly greasy. Later, significant color fading sets in. Three hours after application, the face is completely shiny, virtually naked, with pores more pronounced. I didn’t try it with a primer, but I did set it with Bobbi Brown’s loose powder. I really don’t think a primer would’ve helped, because I’ve read reviews about others who experienced meltdown regardless of preparation. It looks *brilliant* right after application and shorty thereafter, but on oily skin it performs very, very poorly. Tragic. The box recommends BBSF for drier skin types. I agree, wholeheartedly.

PRICE : The foundation retails for $50. $$$. Very expensive. Make Up Forever has a similar formula in their HD line. And it’s cheaper. Consider getting a sample of of BBSF first, especially if you have oily/combo skin.

BBSF just wasn’t meant for me. The formula isn’t long-lasting - at all!! I was in an air-conditioned room the entire time it was on, and, yet, it still managed to dissapear on my fairly oily skin; it actually somehow turned into a greasy, super-sheer tinted moisturizer on me! I didn’t notice severe oxidation, even when it was at it’s oiliest. So that’s another plus, I suppose. The coverage was very good, as was the color. However, for such an expensive foundation, I expected it at least to have decent “lastability” and remain somewhat matte on the skin. If you’re skin is rather DRY, though, this could be a godsend - give it a shot! It feels light as air, not heavy at all. Had it remained matte and stayed put, then I would have ended my foundation odyssey that very day!

on 3/30/2009 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

When I first bought the high definition foundation from Smashbox, I thought I had my HG foundation: It was lightweight, melted onto the skin like butter and covered well. But after a while I noticed that the HD foundation seemed to breakdown on my face within a few hours, leaving splotchy and shiny patches on my skin. So I kept looking for a foundation that would stay.

So I found the Bobbi Brown Skin foundation. It is a bit on the expensive side, but I think it is money well spent. I have it in 3.5 and 4, since my skin tans a bit in the summer. I find that this foundation goes on smoothly and covers any unevenness. Anything that requires more coverage can be zapped by the Bobbi Brown face stick- which is a different review, but can I say I love it?

Skin foundation is very moisturizing, and I have very, very dry skin which tends to be eczema-prone in the winter. I used to break out with the Smashbox foundation, but a few minutes after I apply and powder over the skin foundation, it seems to perfect my skin without looking like foundation. I get a lot of compliments on my skin when I wear this (as I used to when I used the now-discontinued Fusion beauty healthy skin foundation).

For the record, though, I should say that it is quite sheer. It is buildable, but I would not recommend slathering it on. Its beauty lies in being able to form a thin film over your skin. It is not full coverage. But if my skin is experiencing breakouts (rare) or discoloration (very common), I use the face stick to take care of those. A dusting of powder, and the war-paint lasts through the day. :-)

I have been using this product for more than a month and yes, I would certainly buy this again.

on 3/28/2009 11:27:00 PM

I am a fan of BB products, and this is the best foundation I've tried from this line. I agree that it's fairly light coverage, but I find that when I use my BB foundation brush, it covers well and looks wonderful. One pump covers my whole face. It can look a bit shiny at first, and I either apply MAC blot powder or gently press a foam makeup wedge over my face after I apply. I now have two HG foundations--this and GA face fabric. They are very different--the BB is moisturizing and so better for colder months, whereas GA is better for me during the warmer months. I use this in Sand and GA in #2. I know some people complain about BB's yellow-based foundations, but I guess the yellow range works well for my skin. Love the pump bottle!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

What I like about this foundation:I like the texture of the foundation as it melts into your skin. It doesn't dry up your skin. The colors, I am warm natural which is a great color by the way, especially for those with medium skin tones.natural for winter and warm natural for summer. One thing i have noticed about this product is that it makes me break out. I have been using it for two weeks now and wonder if its because of the skin foundation. I have decided not to wear foundation for a couple of days to see what happens.
will update soon.
Ok...if you have sensitive skin do NOT buy this product. This foundation made me breakout BIGTIME. Would never buy this again for sure!

on 3/27/2009 10:42:00 AM

I have this in Beige and originally the name of the color gave me pause since I have yellow undertones in my skin and I thought it would give me that cheap pinkish look. However, the color was beautiful on the skin, the texture is light on my skin and the finish is beautifully dewy. I use one pumpful and use a foundation brush and get very good coverage. I've read some complaints about the coverage being light, but I thought the coverage was quite good. I also use the moisturizing base underneath and set my t zone with the pale yellow powder. It lasts a long time and my skin looks great. I am also currently using retin a micro for blackheads and other bumpy acne and am in that early peeling stage. However the base and foundation is keeping me looking pretty good despite the weird skin underneath.

on 3/27/2009 8:15:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Wonderfully lasting foundation with beautiful color on my face. I have pigmentation problems and with a concealer under this foundation, I look natural and moist. I love this product and highly recommend it.

on 3/25/2009 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Great foundation to get an even complexion - it is more pigmented than a tinted moisturiser. I have dry skin and I love that this foundation keeps me hydrated - it is has a satin finish. I am nc30-35 and I warm 3.5 warm beige - I did try natural but it looked odd as it had a whitish cast. The warm beige was much better as it is more yellow toned.