April 20, 2014 | 1687 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2009 8:08:00 AM More reviews by amanda1983810

I've got a sample from BB counter.
After I tried it, I decide to purchase this foundation.
I would recommend it to everyone.
It looks so natrual, just like your second skin. The coverage is not bad.
Just try it. 90% of the chance is you'll like it.

The last power is poor.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by sirensandsailors

Definitely worth it. MAC NC30 is a bit yellow and dark on me, I wear this foundation in Beige. It is not a heavy cream so I don't feel like there's a mask on my face. I actually don't feel anything, but the coverage is very good. When I look at the mirror after putting it on, I can't locate my pores, they all vanish! And that's what I love most about this foundation. This foundation makes my skin glow, I control the oil on my face with MAC Blot powder. It covers just the right amount without seeming cakey or feeling stiff. I used the MAC 190SE brush for this, and even with that crappy brush I got beautiful results; I don't even know how it will look with a quality brush!

The reason I bought this foundation was to get something that would do a good job evening out my skintone/covering imperfections without clogging my pores or looking cakey (an Everyday Minerals victim talking here). It is definitely worth $45, and you just need to use a little to get decent coverage. I love love love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by ah63

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a foundation junky, but I finally stuck with Double Wear for a couple of years, and DW light for one year. But I found it to be a little too obvious looking lately, so I was glad to find this. This is very natural looking but still provides pretty good coverage. I am a light NC 30 (really between NC30 and NC25) in the winter and I found my perfect match with Warm Beige 3.5. My skin is combination and sensitive with some acne flare-ups and redness. This covered up most of the redness. I need to use concealer for my under-eye circles still. I don't think this looks exactly like skin, but still very natural. The only foundation I have found that looks just like skin is Boots No. 7 True Identity (it's basically the cheaper version of Armani face fabric), which blurs imperfections and minimizes my pores without looking like I'm wearing anything; it just doesn't cover enough of my redness. For full coverage I like to wear Laura Mercier's Silk Creme, it covers all my redness, but I only wear that on special occasions. BB's Skin foundation is the happy medium for me, a great everyday foundation that doesn't scream MAKEUP!!! I just wish it wasn't so expensive as I'm trying to be more budget-conscious. The lasting power isn't the best, but in my opinion, longer-lasting means not as natural-looking, so that's OK. I do have to touch up once during the day with my MAC blot powder, but I don't mind. In the summer I might have to use my DW light because I sweat a lot. One more thing, I used this with and without my Clinique Pore Minimizer as a primer, after moisturizing, and the finish is more matte with it, and longer-lasting.
UPDATE 3/25/09 I had to return this due to the following experience: I was trying on clothes at the store and when I saw myself in the dressing room mirror I was very disappointed. My face was pretty shiny in the t-zone and it looked pretty splotchy; it had faded pretty bad. This was only an hour and a half after applying it. And I don't have oily skin--combination at the most, especially in this cold weather. My pores looked enormous. My face looked like I hadn't applied foundation. It looked like I applied a lightly tinted grease on my face and didn't blend properly. Maybe my bathroom lighting is deceiving, but I think it looks great right after applying, it just fades way too fast. Too bad because 3.5 was PERFECT for my NC 30 skin. So I have to be honest and deduct two lippies and say that it is not worth the price in my opinion. I exchanged this for Dior Nude and it is far superior. It has excellent staying power and looks natural, and it's the same price! Check out my review for that!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Gia_milano

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

holy moly perfection. seriously looks just like skin!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by annie_b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a week now and I've decided that I like it quite a lot, even considering the hefty price tag. My skin is pale with yellow undertones, and although I wear Alabaster in Bobbi Brown's Moisture Rich foundation (which runs dark), I was matched to Warm Ivory in Skin foundation. This is a very good match, so much so that I realized my previous foundation was a poorer match than I thought. However, on cool-toned ladies I think even the light shades might run a bit too yellow.

Having worn Bobbi Brown's tinted moisturizer (the old and new formulas) in the past, I think I can easily explain some differences between Skin foundation and tinted moisturizer. First, Skin foundation has more coverage than the TM. Although Skin is actually of thinner, waterier consistency than the TM, it is definitely more pigmented and evens out the skin tone to a greater extent. Second, the finishes of the TM and Skin foundation are different. I was pleasantly surprised that Skin gives a nice satin finish - not flat matte, not glowy - whereas I've found the finish of the TM to be a little more glowy. I do tend to have a little shine breakthrough during the day and setting TM with powder is a must for me whereas I could go without powder wearing Skin if I wanted. That said, I still get a little shiny later in the day while wearing Skin, and setting with a light layer of rice powder has been helpful to keep the shine at bay. Finally, the newer formulation of Bobbi Brown's TM has more neutral shades, and I think that the shades in Skin tend to run more yellow (with the exception of Alabaster, which appeared more neutral and even a little pinkish but is VERY light).

The SA told me that 2 pumps would cover my entire face and he was right. One pump wasn't quite enough though I can get by with a pump and a half. I apply using a MAC 187 brush and use a foundation brush to reach the undereye area and the contours of my nose. I've also applied with fingers and this works fine.

For ladies with sensitive skin, I will corroborate a previous reviewer's statement that this foundation is non-irritating. It's very comfortable to wear and doesn't feel heavy at all. Also, I haven't noticed any increase in breakouts and I have slept with it on my face to no ill effect.

But does it look like skin? Maybe I'm thinking about this question too literally, but my answer is no. This product gives a very natural-looking yet polished finish. I don't think anyone who knows anything about makeup would think I wasn't wearing foundation. However, as foundations go this is about as close to natural as I've come. Overall I'm very satisfied and would strongly consider repurchasing.

33 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by lillydog

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this! I use use 1 pump for my face and blend in REALLY good with fingers. It seems to melt into my skin not stay on top like everything else I have tried. I don't think this has a lot of coverage it just evens out my skin like a tint. I think it's a bit expensive, but I like it so much it was worth the price. The trick for me is to make sure I blend in really good!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by panda__eyes

The eye-catching thing about this foundation was that it's supposed to look like "Skin". But, unfortunately, it doesn't quite give the "no-makeup", "skin" look that it claims. It still gives a relatively natural finish but in areas where my pores are slightly larger (they're not large to begin with), it emphasizes them even more and "fills them in" so it looks like "dots" of foundation on my nose and along the sides of my nose.

The texture is really great though. It's very nice and smooth. The Bobbi Brown makeup artists suggested to use a foundation brush but I do NOT like using it w/ this foundation. I find that using the foundation brush makes the foundation simply sit on my face (which still looks fine for the first couple of hours)...but then afterwards, it'll start slightly 'melting'. I find using my fingers to blend it in like a tinted moisturizer gives lighter coverage and looks better than w/ a foundaiton brush. The foundation also doesn't have good oil-control properties, if any. I have combination/oily or combination/dehydration skin depending on the day and it does nothing for my oils. It DOES seem to moisturize/hydrate but in a such a way that it seems like it moisturizes with hidden "oils" and not water. As a result, my face looks oily after a few hours.

I also don't like how 'yellow' the foundation is. I'm Warm Sand or Sand and both of them have too much of a yellow undertone that does not suit my face colour.

I think this skin foundation would work for people would dehydrated or dry skin or for the younger folks.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by litgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a couple of sample packets of it in Sand. It is an OK foundation, but it does have a lot of coverage. Even when I use just a tiny bit, it covers a lot and my preference is for very light coverage. It has the opacity to it and a bit of shine also which I happen to dislike. I know a bit of reflectiveness is good at making the wrinkles appear minimized, but dislike the overall effect of it. Young skin looks velvety and matte at the same time -- a very hard effect to achieve and I don't believe this one does it. There's a bit of oiliness that comes through after a couple of hours of wear, a not so flattering sheen. The texture upon immediate application is nice, probably due to silicones, which tend to make foundations float over your skin, making them appear slightly masky, but not really disappear into it. I prefer foundations to meld with skin, it looks more natural. Maybe I haven't mastered the application, I didn't try it with a brush, as other people here suggested.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 9:43:00 AM More reviews by TRIPPIN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I dropped by the Bobbi Brown counter to purchaser eyeliner and ended up buying this foundation after two of the sales ladies raved about it. I'm really impressed with it. I apply it with my Mac 188 brush, and the results are perfect. It provides coverage but still looks natural and gives a radiant glow. The price is rather high at $45 a bottle, but a little goes a long way. I have a couple other foundations I really like (Revlon Colorstay and Mac Satinfinish) but have to say this one is a tad nicer. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by BelleDeCrecy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It seems that everybody is getting on the natural "skin" foundation bandwagon now. This one's OK, but it can't touch Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation for a natural look. I don't like the way BBSF wears through the day. After an hour or so, it has a much greasier look and feel than GA or Diorskin Nude, though upon initial application BBSF is more matte than GA. BBSF does have sunscreen, which imo is its only advantage. On me, Honey/5 is as orange as the Great Pumpkin--and that's BEFORE it's even had a chance to oxidize (as BB foundations tend to do.) I just can't get a perfect color match with any BB foundation, so it's never going to REALLY look like my skin. This line seems to work better on paler skins. Blehhh, I currently have better options on my dressing table.

UPDATE: I hadn't really given this one a chance. Honey was too dark and orange, but 4.5 works perfectly. It looks great set with my LM translucent powder. Yes, I know that Bobbi doesn't like translucent powder but, it's essential if you don't want the added color of Bobbi's highly pigmented powders.) I find that Bobbi's foundations need about 15 minutes to settle in. It's still not favorite, though I may turn to it more this summer if it doesn't melt off.

Updated Update: I really like this now. Decent coverage-adds a little color, but still looks quite natural. Choosing a lighter shade has made all the difference. A little goes a long way. The matching cover stick is great for adding more coverage where you need it while keeping a natural look. Bravo, Bobbi!