July 30, 2014 | 1733 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by kdeck64

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow!! I have finally discovered my HG!! This gives skin a beautiful fresh no makeup healthy glow look. If you are going for the airbrushed look, I suggest to reapply 1x--the color is buildable--or just a light concealer on any problem area. I was previously using Benifit non fiction and had to mix colors. The only negative here was that they were out of the 4.5 shade I was matched to, had to order it and wait 5 days!!! Luckily the MA gave me samples to last till it arrives.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by klow9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Am I missing something here? I can't understand the raves about this product. I received a sample in Beige, my normal BB foundation color. It makes my pores look like craters, and my pores aren't really that big. I tried this for two days with foundation primer (Smashbox), but nixed that hoping to improve the look of it on my face. No go. This is so sheer it's like wearing no foundation at all. I tried layering, but that didn't help much either. The one thing I do like about it is that finally Bobbi has come up with a truly moisturizing formula that does not rub off. All of her other foundations make a mess. Once upon a time, I loved the BB stick foundation, but since then her foundations do not work for me. EDIT 6/1/09: I kept persevering with this formula and it paid off. Finally, I found an SA who gave me the RIGHT color - Warm Beige. My regular BB Beige was too light, and Natural was too dark. But Warm Beige is perfect. Warms up my skin and now with BB Illuminating Bronzing Powder, I have that golden look. Also, apply the foundation with the SK "peep" sponge. Makes all the difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by ccbloom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went to the bobbi brown counter today to test out the new skin foundation spf15 that everyone has been raving about. The lady picked out warm ivory for my colouring, although I usually go for paler shades she assured me this one would look natural. The results were great and left my dry skin feeling moisturised and not caked with makeup. I would definately reccommend this foundation for anyone who has dry sensitive skin. I'm going to invest in this one once my clinque dewy smooth runs out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by angelakay016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted this product to work for me. First off, the packaging with the pump is great. The color match was wonderful as well. When I put it on I love the coverage and how natural and flawless it made my skin look. The problem was that even though I had set the foundation with MAC Blot, it had worn off in my t-zone after only an hour. I love the look of this foundation, but unfortunately it can't stand up to oily skin. I would definitely recommend this to girls that don't have that issue though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by 011091

i could talk forever about this product and still not run out of good things to say. having somewhat dry skin, i always felt like no foundation was geared towards women like me. longwear, oil free, matte- i do not want any of that. i want a natural, lightweight, and satin finish. bobbi brown did an amazing job in all of those areas. skin foundation looks completely natural and warm ivory could have been made for my coloring. run, dont walk, to the bobbi brown counter and try this miracle in a jar today.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 1:07:00 PM More reviews by trendyliu

I received a sample of this foundation in warm ivory at the BB counter in Bloomingdales last week. I've been wearing it for almost a week now and I'm almost sure that this is going to be my HG foundation. I wear Laura Mercier's moisturizing foundation in warm ivory/vanilla beige (mix of 1/2 pump of each) when I want a bit more coverage and Merle Norman's tinted moisturizer in bare for just everyday coverage. I tried BB's oil free liquid foundation years ago in my late teens but never repurchased because I felt it was a little too heavy and seemed to make my skin more acne prone. Now I don't know if it's age or what but BB's skin foundation suits my skin better than any other foundation I've used. It is light, gives just enough coverage to even out skin tone, makes you forget you're wearing anything almost immediately, and lasts all day. In fact, it feels lighter than my tinted moisturizer. Also, after almost a week's use, I haven't broke out yet. Best of all, their warm ivory seems is slightly darker than laura mercier's warm ivory and it matches my skin tone perfectly so no more mixing colors! The only thing about this is that it is a pretty light foundation so it may not provide enough coverage more problem skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 10:23:00 AM More reviews by MegE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

**UPDATE 12/09**: Unfortunately this now irritates my skin. I've tried stopping for a month and then trying again and my skin would do fine for the first few days and then get red and itchy, so I can't use it any longer! =( In addition, the color match is just off somehow. It's too yellow or something as it makes my skin look dull and lifeless.

--------------

Shade: Sand. Unfortunately, this wasn't a great match on my skintone (see update above!). For reference, I can also wear the following foundation shades: MUFE #30, MAC NC20/NC25, Stila B, NARS Deauvile, MK #200, LM Warm Ivory.

Skintype: My skin is combo-oily (Winter) and oily-shiny (Summer) and always acne-prone and sensitive.

I've been wearing the BB Skin Foundation SPF 15 for two full weeks and it's approaching HG status and I'll tell you why... I was searching for a light foundation/tinted moisturizer that felt invisible on my skin, evened skintone, muted redness, didn't contribute to the shinies or greasy feel, was fragrance-free, lasted all day, didn't rub off on clothing, and most importantly did not cause breakouts or irritation. So far BB's newest foundation has hit the mark on everything!

The consistency is thin/watery and goes on smoothly providing light coverage that's buildable to medium. It most definitely covers minor redness, evening the skintone beautifully. The finish is truly skin-like, and a bit natural/matte too. For additional coverage on blemishes and old red marks I'll spot apply MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #4. I'll then set with BB Sheer Finish Loose Powder in Pale Yellow. Since I have a shiny t-zone, I will get always get a little shiny throughout the day which is easily remedied with an oil-blotting sheet. Even though it doesn't have oil-controlling properties, and in fact it's slightly hydrating, it does not make my skin oily or feel greasy. It has amazing staying power and won't budge or come off until you wash it off.

Since I purchased online, I was a little unsure if I would wear Warm Ivory, Sand, or Warm Sand. After doing a live chat with a BB.com MA, I was recommended Sand. In the past I had tried Warm Ivory in BB's Oil Free, and that was a touch too pale. I asked the MA what the difference was between Sand and Warm Sand and she said that Warm Sand is a half a shade darker and a bit more yellow.

I also wanted to point out that this foundation is paraben-free to boot! And I'm digging the hygienic pump bottle! I would definitely recommend trying this foundation if your skin is normal-slightly oily, normal-slightly dry, and combo.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by willowpost

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful foundation - my new HG!

Made for those that just always wished their tinted moisturizer had a touch more colour. One tiny amount covers whole face and it's buildable too.

*****
Edit: removing a lippie since i seems to settle a little in my pores and make them show up more.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by mjwtex

This is a nice foundation. I liked the staying power and the coverage. However, it is not an HG and I have decided to only give a 5 to my hg. One of the better options out there though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I got a sample with my last order. It's more like a tinted moisturizer than a foundation. Coverage is very light and after a while some redness shows through so I have to touch up with powder. It's too expensive for what it doesn't do - it doesn't last and it doesn't cover minimal redness very well.