November 22, 2014 | 1488 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2009 1:07:00 PM More reviews by HanLuna

I received a sample of this foundation when i bought the Blemish Cover Stick.I find the texture very runny and the coverage very sheer,almost like a tinted moisturiser.Ok but not my type.

However,i am not really loving the scent.This foundation smells weird.I m ok with the Oil Free Even Finish liquid which smells nicer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by jazzypoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very impressed with this foundation. I've used many of Bobbi's products, but this is the first time I've found a foundation that is a perfect match for my skin tone. It gives me a nice, smooth finish and looks as if I just happen to have great skin. I was given a sample by a MUA and I purchased within a few days. Bobbi really has an excellent range of colors for African-American skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For reference: cool- to neutral toned NW10. Dry, sensitive Rosacean skin. Most foundations are either too dark/pink or are irritating or drying to my skin.
I tried a sample of this new BB foundation in the lightest shade #00 Alabaster. It's a very pale pinkish beige which matches my skintone quite well. The shades in this foundation run about one shade lighter than in some of the other BB foundations so keep this in mind while picking your shade.
The texture is a very lightweight liquid; it's easy to apply but it dries down fast so you have to work quickly. I apply with my fingers and blend with a damp sponge. The coverage is sheer to moderate; it offers more coverage than a tinted moisturizer for example but don't expect it to cover all imperfections. It does a good job evening out my ruddy cheeks while still showing some of my freckles. The finish is very natural, leaving a slightly satin finish.
However I do notice this foundation accentuates any dry, flaky patches despite having exfoliated and well moisturized skin. I would prefer a more moisturizing formula but I have to say I'm used to richer cream foundations like LM Silk Creme Foundation and Lancome Absolue Makeup. I will give it another try using a richer moisturizer and/or a primer (Clarins Instant Smooth).
One of the greatest advantages of BB Skin Foundation is the lack of fragrance. A huge yay for sensitive skins!
So far I like BB Skin enough to try it a couple of more times, experimenting with different moisturizers and/or a primer. Also it might be better wearing in summertime when my skin is less dry. At the time being I'm not sure if I would purchase a full bottle of it; I will update later on. But I still would recommend this foundation for anyone having slightly dry to slightly oily skin, esp. if you're very pale like me; there are so few foundations coming in such fair shades. Update: I tried BB Skin fndt again using a heavier moisturizer and a primer but it still accentuated any dryness; it also broke me out a bit.
Bottle 30ml/1.0Fl/OZ $45. *PPP Foundations List in My Notepad*
Active ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50% and Titanium Dioxide 1.00%
Ingredients: Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Talc, Boron Nitride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Dimethicone, Lecithin, Aluminum Dimyristate, Tocopherol, Myristic Acid, Silica, Magnesim Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Denise18

I was so excited to try this foundation, and really wanted to love it, but I just can't. The SA at my local BB counter gave me sample packets in a few shades she felt would be possible matches. The application was wonderful ~ it blended so easily with buildable coverage ~ and made my skin look really nice. However, my T-zone looked like an oil slick within an hour or two, and the shade completely oxidized and became orangey on my face. So I decided to try a shade lighter, thinking that would help with the oxidation, but the same thing happened. Sadly, I will not be purchasing the Skin foundation. I'm just glad that I was able to try samples of it first. I gave it two stars for the application and the pump packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by dmoyer

I could not wait to try this after reading the reviews. Color range is great. This has pretty good coverage initially but the tzone was gone after four hours. Was disappointed to say the least. Guess I will never find anything to compare with Estee Lauder double wear!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 8:45:00 AM More reviews by pf3855

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is only my second day of wearing this from the sample I got at my BB counter. My shade is Warm Sand 2.5 which is what I've always bought in BB foundations and it's a perfect color (N5/NW20 for reference). I love the lightness of Skin, it gives beautiful light coverage that feels like your skin, just better! I'm pretty oily and it has held up quite well so far with minimal blotting, which I do with every foundation I use. If you have acne scarring or lots of redness this might not be the best for you since it is quite sheer but it does even out the skin tone and with MAC blot powder it provides a nice lovely base for the rest of your makeup application (blush, etc.). This is my first day to wear it at the office so we'll see how it holds up under flourescent lights. I'll edit if necessary. So far so good though.

EDIT: After 11 hours of wear it shows. My t-zone while not completely oil covered, has lost the coverage this foundation provided. It kind of just melted into my skin. A little blot powder helped but for oily skinned girls like me, this is not your HG for all day wear.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2009 5:23:00 AM More reviews by happyhippo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this few days ago. I don't write reviews very often - but couldnt' not say about this one - It gave me 5 breakouts in 2 hours! twice for the 2 days I tried it - I have never had this happen to me with any other fondations!

try before you buy!

I am 30, combination skin, and don't usually get that much breakouts to be honest - max one even if the fondation doesn't agree with me!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by apabbott

So far, I really like this product. I have combo acne prone skin. Right now I have dry patches due to using AHA and BHA products, and I have larger pores and a shiney T-zone. I wanted a very natural finish and color. I didn't want to have a powdery matte finish, nor did I want something too dewey. This seems to be right in the middle. The color warm ivory is an exact match for me. The foundation is thin and easy to blend. I use a foundation brush and this works well. It doesn't accentuate dry patches, pores, or peach fuzz(I have a little on my jaw line). It really looks natural, even close up, and in different light settings. My only reservation about giving this 5 lippies is that it does tend to wear on my t zone after several hours, but as I mentioned I do have a slightly oily t zone, and I live in a high humidity environment. Right now I just repowder in early afternoon and I'm good to go, but I think a good primer might help. It really does look like your own skin, but better. Covers redness well, but I still need concealer for a few bright red post acne areas.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by meela188

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this foundation is HG material, i look flawless without looking as if i have on any makeup. it looks as if i just have beautiful skin. Warning this foundation is made for those with DRY SKIN so if you have oily/combination skin, you must use a oil control primer to set the foundation so that it does not wear off. you can also set it with powder for an all day marathon. i use cinema secrets light touch powder(my holy grail setting powder, if you don't have this in your life run and get it). the coverage is buildable and light weight i don't feel it on my face. i get so many compliments on my skin now. before people would say "i love your makeup what are you wearing" which used to irritate me beyond belief because i don't want my makeup to look like makeup, i want it to look like my skin. On sunday a friend from church walked up to me and said "wow, your skin looks amazing did you change your skin care" she was so surprised when i told her it was a new foundation of mine. she asked me to get her a sample, which i have. Oh my i love this stuff.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by kdeck64

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow!! I have finally discovered my HG!! This gives skin a beautiful fresh no makeup healthy glow look. If you are going for the airbrushed look, I suggest to reapply 1x--the color is buildable--or just a light concealer on any problem area. I was previously using Benifit non fiction and had to mix colors. The only negative here was that they were out of the 4.5 shade I was matched to, had to order it and wait 5 days!!! Luckily the MA gave me samples to last till it arrives.