Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 3/16/2003 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

It looks kinda bright in the bottle but it's described as a "fluffy pink" and it is indeed very nice. It's understated when on nails and lovely for everyday. For $6 it's well worth it.

Update 2/28/13: just got a new bottle and it is as pretty as ever. A classic for all situations.

on 3/14/2003 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A good nail polish. Almost clear and very shiny. Mine was a little streaky, but I guess I got a bad one. Overall, I like it.

on 3/2/2003 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My first Essie polish...and I think I'm a convert! A very sheer pale blue-based pink. I applied three coats and can see the color, yet it still looks very natural. *Incredible* shine w/o a topcoat -- I am impressed. I did my nails last night, so I can't comment on chipping or long-wear. Can't wait to get some more, esp. at the price of 4.99 at the beauty supply store!

on 2/19/2003 5:37:00 PM

This is one of the three Essie polishes I stockpile religiously. It's a bit more pigmented than Ballet Slippers and is in the same light milky pink family. Gives more of pink tint too. I guess all Essie polishes wear extra-long but I tend to stick to the nudes so i can't speak for the dark colors. Mademoiselle is version of Ballet Slippers for medium skin. So if Ballet Slippers was too light/white-ish for your taste but you want to stay in the same color family, try Mademoiselle.

on 1/22/2003 9:57:00 AM

My favorite - "no nail polish" polish. I get many compliments on my nails when weraing this color because people think this is my natural nail color. A perfect sheer pink shade - I wear this all the time and will never be without it!

on 1/1/2003 10:48:00 PM

Mademoiselle is a very pale pink, your-nails-only-better shade. It is definately on my Holy Grail list and I wear it everyday. Still using my first bottle, which I have had for over a year. If you work in a conservative office, or just like a natural, healthy looking nail, this is it - simply classic.

on 12/17/2002 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wrote a review of this quite a while ago, at that time, I LOVED Essie's colors. Now, because of the packaging, I will not buy Essie again, and I have about ten bottles now. The short white brush top cannot be gripped, the only way I can get the bottle open is to soak it in hot water, not something I feel like doing everytime I want to put a coat of polish on! I have Revlon and Estee Lauder polish, and I never have this problem with their longer brush tops. I HATE this sh*tty packaging. It's a shame, because otherwise, Essie a great nail polish. I just feel insulted by this horrible bottle design.

(Well, four years later, and I'm still using Essie. I still don't like the short brush, but hey, life's not perfect. I still love their pinks, they are my staple.)

on 7/16/2002 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this from Trade Secret. It is a very very sheer pink. Pretty, but I wish it was a bit more pigmented.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this color in a swap, so not sure about retail price. Great natural looking pink color :) Also seems to last a long time without chipping.

on 7/4/2002 12:51:00 AM

I really love Essie nailpolish, but I was a little disappointed in this color. I purchased it online thinking it would be a sheer pink, but on my nails it looks almost clear. Pretty if you're looking for a very, very sheer polish that adds the tiniest hint of pink.

Popular Polishes