October 21, 2014 | 1809 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by pinklighter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My mom got me this in a set (the oil and the styling cream) for Christmas a few years ago, recommended by her hairstylist friend I was excited to try it because I have very thick, damaged hair. However, this stuff is definitely not my favorite. No matter how small an amount I used before blow-drying, my hair felt weighed-down and looked greasy and dirty. I also don't like the smell at all, it's just heavy and nauseating to me. I stopped using it and gave it to my mom, and she really like it. I dunno, it just didn't work for my hair. Such a disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

I was a doubter, a skeptic, until I tried it. Yes, there are many other wanna be copy cat products out there, but after trying a few and then trying this, I am in love. Unlike many others, this oil is smooth and silky, not thick and gooey, almost sticky. I found the One 'n Only Argan oil from Sally was like that... and it seemed heavier. I have lots of fine hair with natural wave so I do prefer a light feeling oil. Having said that, Moroccan Oil does now have a "light" version, but the "argania spinosa kernel oil" is 4th on the ingredient list in that one and 3rd in the list on the original. If I'm going to spend that much money on a product, I want the most amount of whatever ingredient makes it so special... and I find the original is perfect for my type hair (though if you have fine thin hair, the light might be the way to go). Also, there is now a "limited edition" 125ml bottle with a pump. Why it's LE is beyond me but it's so worth it (and no more expensive than the non-pump version) and the pump is transferable to your next bottle. Bonus!
The instructions say to use a small amount on damp hair, but I also like to mix some in with the serum I use to flat iron. Maybe I'm off in thinking that the heat of the iron can make it penetrate my hair but if it's ok on damp hair that's about to be blasted with a hot blow dryer, why not use it for flat ironing too? The first 2 ingredients are cyclomethicone and dimethicone which are pretty basic for protectant serums. So, not that I've rambled I can cut to the chase. I love this stuff (adore the scent!) and will be replenishing when I run out. That's all you needed to know, right? :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by gigirose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is my latest obsession! All I do is I get about a quarter sized dot of this amazing product, rub my hands together, and start applying in my hair. It makes my hair unbelievably soft, shiny, and even after my hair is dry, it still smells like the oil; which reminds me of the beach. It is a bit pricey, but I think it's worth it. Definitely try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by chelita123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is just simply amazing!
I never dared to try it because I thought an oil would leave my hair greasy and flat, but no, it absorbs at ones, and does not weight down the hair at all! It detangles, adds shine, softness and makes my hair look.. healthy!!! Also, I am obsessed with volume, and it does not at all hinder that! i apply volume products after the oil, then i blow dry.
I use a quarter coin sized dash of it and rub my hands together before i swipe them over / through the ends of my hair when it is damp.
I can strongly recommend it to anyone who has dry, split ends that are hard to comb through, and I guess anyone who wants shiny, healthy looking hair!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by MissyKatherine

Moroccan oil..after hearing so much about it, I decided to try this 'liquid gold'. I use it in my hair after letting it dry for a bit (while it's still a bit damp) and I wake up with way nicer looking hair than before I started using it! I also love the smell so after rubbing it in, I don't wash my hands ^^

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by kemxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE moroccan oil
I was hesitant to buy it, I have a tiny tiny bottle and it was $15 but it was sooo worth it. It makes my hair so smooth and shiny, I notice such a difference on days when i forget to put it in. I have long, thick hair and even still you don't use all that much each use, a little goes a long way. The smell is really nice also.
I absolutely think that everyone needs to try this product !

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2011 8:12:00 AM More reviews by cap444

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, MorroccanOil was not my favorite product. It's really just an overpriced glosser. If you compare the ingredients in your typical glosser and Moroccan Oil, they are pretty much the same with the exception of the Argan oil, which is fourth on the list of ingredients after the silicones. I feel the silicones in this product are terribly drying and actually decreased the Argan oil's potential effect on hair, given itís such a light oil. Although this product did not leave my hair greasy, it left my hair terribly dry, added little shine and did nothing to moisturize. It was not worth the money and I will be sticking to jojoba oil.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by sopranowriter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I tried this product largely due to the hype surrounding it, and I must say that I like it very much. I have very fine textured, thick hair, and this is great for ridding it of static and lending shine to it. The trick is to only use a VERY TINY amount-any more will weigh fine hair down, so don't coat your hair in it. Just tip a tiny amount into your hands, rub them together, and dust them over the top layer of hair-voila! Smooth and shiny. The label says to use it on damp hair, but I have always applied it to mine when it was dry, and never had a problem. My daughter's hair is curly and fine, and I can use a little more on hers as it is drier. It shapes the curls nicely without making them stiff or sticky, and is a great detangler, as she has issues with tangly hair as well. This product has a strong scent which reminded me of men's cologne at first, but it goes away quickly-don't worry, you won't smell like your other half! It is quite pricey-$15 for a little bottle (.85 oz), $45 for a bigger one, but as you only need to use a tiny amount at a time, it will last you forever! I buy the little bottle, and it lasts me for months. In spite of the price tag, I would definetly buy this again-it is available online as well as at beauty salons.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by kerryf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on my fourth bottle of this magic potion...love this stuff!! I usually can't commit to a hair product, and never buy the same stuff more than one or two times, so for me to have purchased it so many times is a sure sign it's good stuff! One bottle lasts about 6 months for me. It smells great and leaves my hair managable. In fact, I neve have a bad hair day with this stuff! I took a break for a few months and tried some other product, because after 3 bottles wondered if there was something even better out there...but alas, I returned to my beloved Moroccanoil and never looked back.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 3:28:00 AM More reviews by PeriwinkleBlue

This product is AMAZING. I have grown my hair out in the last year and at 44, wondered about the quality since I also professionally color it blonde. My stylist used this on my hair each time and I finally asked about it. I do NOT spend this much money on hair products, but couldn't believe what it was doing to my hair. So I tried it. And I'm on my 3rd bottle.

I wash my hair every other day and put this in my hair after towel drying with a microfiber towel. (highly recommend). My hair is thick and wavy, but can fairly easily be straightened. If I try to go fully curly, it is unbehaved and I need training. lol

People stop me on the street and ask about my hair. I cannot recommend this highly enough!!