July 28, 2014 | 1008 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Exotichris

OMG! I love this highlighter. Is the best thing to really make my cheekbones stand out of the crowd, very glowy, impressive. The color is like champagne-beige, I detect sparkles but not chunky glitter. I'm so glad I purchased S&G. It blows TF Pink Leopard off the water!
I will be using this very often as well as my beloved Petticoat. MSF are great products!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by sarahmoon77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this product. The coloring is beautiful, and when used as a highlighter it really makes my skin glow. If you are a red head and have a fair skin tone, it can really warm you up. (Especially if you are as pale as I am in the winter!) I find it is worth the price. A little goes a long way. The only thing that I find with this product is that there is a lot of fall out when I use my brush on it. Not fall out on my face, but fall out in the container. This is part of my daily makeup routine, and I LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by teha83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! It's a soft cream and champagne color with a touch of shimmer. I apply it with a Mac 224 eyeshadow brush, lol. I just swirl my brush over the top of the msf and gently highlight my browbone, cheekbones, and wherever else I want to highlight. Then buff all my blush, bronzer and msf together with a the 282 kabuki brush. This method, for me, looks the most natural and blended. Or for more intensity spray some Fix+ on a 187 and highlight said areas, but a word of *warning* doing this makes the color and shimmer more intense! Overall, I love this as a highlighter and would highly reccomend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 9:16:00 AM More reviews by almost40

I LOVE this highlighter sooo much.I got it first because my local Selfridges had run out of Petticoat(which I later got)and I didnt think it would be very special..just nice but its gorgeous!!!
Mine isn't glittery just shimmery and smooth and makes my 40 year old skin glow like a young un LOL.For the first time EVER,I might go and get a backup and with me..thats a miracle :o)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 5:29:00 AM More reviews by kathhh

This is the only MAC product so far that i don't love. In fact, I don't even like this product...
It shows up on my skin as just.. glitter. Very shimmery and just glitter.. i look so frosted and unnatural and awful. From far away it looks like my face is greasy and shiny from oil. Also seems to accentuate blemishes?
Sorry to spoil all the good reviews but yeh, don't like this at all. For reference, have also purchased So Ceylon and Gold Deposit, and LOVE them both. It's just this one.. =(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by gildedangel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went to my local MAC counter wanting Petticoat MSF only to find that they had been sold out for days :( Instead of that I bought Soft and Gentle MSF and I absolutely love it! It is a very pretty irredescent champange highlighter and is going into my daily makeup routine. What a great find, and I am so glad that it is perm! A little expensive at $25, but there is 10g of product and a little goes a long way with this stuff. For reference I am NW20.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 1:43:00 AM More reviews by hotdot2122

This is my FAVORITE face highlighter ever! Its a gorgeous champagne color that gives the best glow I've ever seen without looking glittery or chalky --like what I get from the mineralize skin finish duos' highlighting side, which i thought was good but this blew it out of the water! Its got a nice golden glow. I apply it with my mini MAC kabuki brush right on the tops of my cheekbones and viola!! instant glow! So glad this is permanent. i wanted to wait a while to buy it because there kind of expensive and i knew I could get it any time but I just could not resist. When you pair this with so ceylon--you get the best highlight and contour duo EVER>.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by iamgrape1119

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh, soft and gentle, how I love thee! You are so glowy and buttery soft. It feels like a dream when I put you on with my MAC 187, and there you go, working your magic. You make complete strangers compliment my "Glow from within". I love you. Even though stupid MAC raised the price of MSF to $25, I will still buy you, again and again. You are not like Lightscapade, which casts whitish chalk-like sheen to my face, you are like a pinker/cooker version of Shimpagne. And the best part is: YOU ARE PERMANENT, so I don't have you hunt you down on ebay!! I love you~

25 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by erinallison

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first MSF and I LOVE it. It gives a natural glow, it doesn't look like your face is greasy, it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Alegrias

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The only other msf I've tried is New Vegas and I like this one A LOT more! I asked the MUA at Mac for one w/out a lot of veining b/c I've read that the more veining, the more glittery it can be (the NV msf I have has a lot of veining and is very glittery). This goes on very smooth and evenly. I applied it with my 187 and a light sweep was all I needed. It gives my NC30 skin a very natural looking glow (which I find very difficult to do b/c I have yellow/olive undertones). I think Soft and Gentle would match most skin tones. I LOVE this msf and glad I chose this over So Ceylon, Petticoat or Gold Deposit.