MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

4.2

Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palminate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Yeast Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Minerals

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this msf to use it as a highlight. It was way too shimmery for me. I applied lightly on my cheeks and i looked like a disco ball.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

love love love this stuff. dust it on lightly and it gives you a fantastic glow. can't imagine a day without this now!

I got this as a gift for my birthday since I have been eye-ing it for a while. Overall, I do l ike this product. I think this product does wonders if you use just the right amount. I use a BB Cream as foundation and add a bit of the skinfinish for an over all dewy glow.

It looks great but its easy to put a lof of product on.... and then you just look like a shimmery hot mess =)

So would I recommend it? Yes.
Would I buy it again? Yes.

But the only down fall is my friends use other highlights from different brands and they look just as good..... and for half the price!

But the way I see it, I found a product I like, so even though it cost more, atleast I know I like it.

This is product is sooo gorgeous. I an usually against putting glittery things on my face during daytime but this is so subtle, gives your face a beautiful glow and if you apply lightly, is not too garishly sparkly that you can wear in the daytime. Really pretty as an eyeshadow too, gives eyes a lot of dimension. I apply it on the high points of my cheeks, nose, and chin. I would highly recommend wearing this on dates, especially to the movies as it looks remarkable under dim lighting lol!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this product thinking it would give me a wonderful flow around my cheeks, but this product is way too shimmery! There was no way of it looking natural. When the sun hits it, it looks like a sheet of pink glitter/shimmer. I don't like it and I will not buy it again. I'm looking to trade it.

I've just spent ages writing a comprehensive review of this product and it disappeared! Suffice to say - this product just didn't work for me at all. It just looks like little gold, glittery patches on my face - not nice.
Edit: OK, this is too depressing - I'm just too old for this stuff! I tried it on my 18 year old niece and it looked gorgeous on her young skin, so she has it now! Consequently I've upped the lippie score.

One of my favorite makeupalley buddies gave this to me in a swap... And I love it as a highlight.. I love shimmer.. it is very shimmery.. My husband... says its a little to shimmery but thats just because my shimmer always ends up on him.. you need to try this out.

I fricken love Soft & Gentle. I use this on my cheekbones (the whole apple, not just a hightlighter) and the tip of my nose. It gives me this amazing 'glow' that I get complimented on. Even though I use it a lot, theres not even a dent in it. So glad this isnt LE. I apply with my fingers so the pretty light goldish color shows up.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Love MSFs, soft and gentle being one of my faves. Since I have olive skin tone the gold looks great with my complexion. Highlights really have one task and that's to make you look radiant and luminous without being obvious that you have glitter on your face and this finely milled hihglight powder for sure reaches this goal.
MSFs for life!

One of my favorite highlighters and the most versatile MSF that I own. This goes on shimmery, NOT sparkly-no discoball effect here! Colorless despite looking brown in the pan, perfect for highlighting the high planes of the face. I like to use this above my brows, down the bridge of my nose, on my cheekbones, my chin and above the cupid's bow of my lips. This doesn't highlight my pores either. I'm so glad this is perm!

Top Rated MAC Products