September 2, 2014 | 1817 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am usually not a fan of these MSF things. Quite honestly I dont understand the craze. Most make me look all kinds of sweaty and make me itch. However, this one is a gorgeous highlighter and the only other MSF I've ever kept. The other one was So Ceylon. This one is what I wanted Shimpagne to be like on my skintone. Shimpagne made me look like I had white frosty chalk on my face...not the look I was going for. This one has more golden tones to it so it it works fabulously as a highlighter where needed - top of cheekbones, center of forehead, down bridge of my nose, without looking too over the top and def. without that sweaty look. I'm an NC45 by the way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2008 4:11:00 AM More reviews by alka1

To the reviewer below me - neutral MSFs like this one are not meant to deliver color to the face - they are supposed to enhance glow and leave a "Mineralized" look. The color payoff depends on your skintone obviously. Neutral colors such as 'Soft and Gentle' are perfect for those of us who want a hint of color and glow - if you want color, then get a bronzer or blush.
---
Soft and Gentle is a wonderful MSF. Soft, glowy, and buttery as described by other reviewers. It applies wonderfully and blends like a dream, leaving behind a hint of peachy beige and a beautiful glow. The shimmer is very fine and looks beautiful. I apply with either a #187 brush, 181, or 116.
Again, if you want a neutral MSF that delivers a hint of peachy-golden color, this is for you. A very beautiful and natural glowy look. I'm NC30-35 for reference. Get this, you won't regret it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2008 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Pinklipssstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I fell in love w/Petticoat and figured I'd start collecting MSF's. I got this one because it said it was a "peachy bronze"--I didn't see any "peachy-ness" in this stuff! And on my face, it just looks like glitter...not even a sheer color. So, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who has light to medium skin. I guess this would show up on people that are extremely fair, or those with darker skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2008 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Pebblez27

This is a good highlighter. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's my favourite highlighter because...this is the only one I own and I don't highlight often. ...'cause I'm lazy. BUT when I do get all excited and want to highlight - this does the trick. It is on the pricey side ($30) though you get a lot of product and will probably never run out of it. It does tend to go all over the place in the pan, but not so much once it's on your face. Use a light hand unless you literally want to be a beacon of light.

It's similar to Bobbi Brown's Beige Shimmerbrick, only this is cheaper and easier to use.

P.S. I apply with MAC'S 116.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

So pretty! It gives my skin a beautiful glow. It helps hide flaws and makes me look super fresh. Would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Exotichris

OMG! I love this highlighter. Is the best thing to really make my cheekbones stand out of the crowd, very glowy, impressive. The color is like champagne-beige, I detect sparkles but not chunky glitter. I'm so glad I purchased S&G. It blows TF Pink Leopard off the water!
I will be using this very often as well as my beloved Petticoat. MSF are great products!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by sarahmoon77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this product. The coloring is beautiful, and when used as a highlighter it really makes my skin glow. If you are a red head and have a fair skin tone, it can really warm you up. (Especially if you are as pale as I am in the winter!) I find it is worth the price. A little goes a long way. The only thing that I find with this product is that there is a lot of fall out when I use my brush on it. Not fall out on my face, but fall out in the container. This is part of my daily makeup routine, and I LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by teha83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! It's a soft cream and champagne color with a touch of shimmer. I apply it with a Mac 224 eyeshadow brush, lol. I just swirl my brush over the top of the msf and gently highlight my browbone, cheekbones, and wherever else I want to highlight. Then buff all my blush, bronzer and msf together with a the 282 kabuki brush. This method, for me, looks the most natural and blended. Or for more intensity spray some Fix+ on a 187 and highlight said areas, but a word of *warning* doing this makes the color and shimmer more intense! Overall, I love this as a highlighter and would highly reccomend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 9:16:00 AM More reviews by almost40

I LOVE this highlighter sooo much.I got it first because my local Selfridges had run out of Petticoat(which I later got)and I didnt think it would be very special..just nice but its gorgeous!!!
Mine isn't glittery just shimmery and smooth and makes my 40 year old skin glow like a young un LOL.For the first time EVER,I might go and get a backup and with me..thats a miracle :o)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 5:29:00 AM More reviews by kathhh

This is the only MAC product so far that i don't love. In fact, I don't even like this product...
It shows up on my skin as just.. glitter. Very shimmery and just glitter.. i look so frosted and unnatural and awful. From far away it looks like my face is greasy and shiny from oil. Also seems to accentuate blemishes?
Sorry to spoil all the good reviews but yeh, don't like this at all. For reference, have also purchased So Ceylon and Gold Deposit, and LOVE them both. It's just this one.. =(