September 20, 2014 | 1175 users online

Treatments (Face) - Retin A

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by zicc18

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just wrote my very first review ( after over 3 years) on Obagi Clear. I love that, but it I believe it is because of Retin A gel ( .1%) from ADC that I am getting such great results. I tried Taz gel- "purging " started, and never stopped. I switched to Retin A gel- and my skin loves it ! It took a little while, but now I am on it for 5 months, and my skin keeps getting better and better. My cystic acne on neck, chin, cheeks have stopped. My marks have almost completely disappeared ( a miracle for my skin that takes forever for marks to fade). I am a little flakey- but Aquaphor seems to help. LOVE Retin-A Gel !! I guess I have the fear if I started loving my routine, and writing rave reviews, my skin will wake up one morning and say "PHYSCH" and explode. *crosses fingers *

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 6:57:00 AM More reviews by chajy

I am using the 025% gel form of Retin-A, my experience with this is a bit frustrating in the beginning because it caused me to have bad purging. I stayed on it since I figured oh well what could be worst than already having bad skin. After 4 months of every other third night usage my skin can now tolerate every night use although I do buffer it with Cetaphil Lotion otherwise it is still irritating to use alone.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2008 2:10:00 AM More reviews by car123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

best thing ever that I tried. It did take a long time for results to be seen. usually around several months. and i experienced the initial breakouts too.. my skin was dry, irritated, red but i kept using the treatment. my advice is if these conditions get too serious, see ur dermatologist and tell him/her to prescribe a lower dose of the product or use it less often like every other night. but to really know if it works for u is to stick it out for the whole recommended time.
but i found that after using it for a year, my skin started to break out again, i'm not sure if it was my skin getting used to it or something.
my health plan pays for it. so it's completely free =)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by skincareman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used Retin-A cream 0.1% for 2 months and unfortunately all it did was cause excessive irritation and clog my pores.

If you have sensitive skin I'd say go for a good OTC retinoid or Differin. If you're prone to clogged pores make sure you go for the gel version.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2008 10:53:00 AM More reviews by versace1008

Retin A is great. I have been using it for over 10 yrs. A little goes a long way!
I am 33 but people think I look like I am in my late 20's!
I wish it was avalible OTC!
its a great product but some people get redness and peel.
Also need to wear sunscreen if you are using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2008 9:07:00 PM More reviews by nivlag

I've used Retin A for years for everything/sun damage, pores, wrinkles, and yes, acne. I still get the deep hormonal cysts occasionally but am trying antibiotics for those. I've used this for so long I can't imagine not using it. I did quit for awhile, and I did notice my wrinkles looking deeper/especially the smile lines between your nose and mouth. It's not an overnight improvement, but it does work which is more than I can say about most OTC products!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Tippchick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently decided to do something about the hyper pigmentation on my face. After much research I decided Retin-A was the way to go. (Thank you MUA!) The first three weeks were brutal and I thought my face was going to fall off completely but then it happened: the glow. It was back. Numerous people have actually complimented me on my brighter complexion. There has been lightening of the brown spots as well as a very noticeable improvement in the texture of my skin. In Ireland I pay about 30 for a tube of Retin-A that I used to pay twice as much for in the States. Considering Oil of Olay Total Effects is just about a tenner lower in price, this is a much better and effective treatment. Highly, highly recommended.

UPDATE: I forgot to renew my prescription and quit using this for about 2 months. During this 2 months my skin's hyperpigmentation increased and I started to get spots from the stress I was under during this time. I went back to my GP and got another prescription. It was awful to go through those first three weeks but it is nice to be back on track again with glowing skin that again has clarity to it! Will not allow my prescription to lapse again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by kiaboo1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm back on it! I was prescriped tretinoin .05% 3 years ago and stopped using it after 6 wks (my skin was clear, I got confident, and stopped using it<---CRAZY). Recently my skin has been acting up and nothing OTC has helped too much. Then I remembered that I had a prescription for Retin-A. I pulled it out of my stash and I'm using it again. This time I'm going to stick with it not only for acne, but also for its anti aging properties since I'm almost 30 y/o. It's time that I take some preventative measures, ya know? It works, but not overnight.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2008 12:33:00 AM More reviews by distilled

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I first tried this to erase red acne marks that showed up when I exercised. I never really saw them until I was at the gym and they covered my face when I got sweaty and red. It certainly got rid of it, although not completely. I've only been on it a year. Reading skin board, magazines and notepads taught me this is the only ingredient in skincare that reduces the signs of photoaging. I do not know if I look younger than when I started, or if I'll look young for years to come. I feel it can be subjective, but I like how this prescription drug makes me confident that I am improving my present and my future.

I order from alldaychemist.com- an amazing, AMAZING deal. I use super-powerful 0.1% gel so that I'm always red and peeling, even when I buffer. Perhaps I should alternate the usage.

I still have a lot of questions though. Like, after I apply, do I really have to turn the lights off and go to sleep? Should I alternate nights? Do I have to use a scrub to cleanse in the morn, can't I use water and cloth? Oh well, its better to play it safe. This is hard work, but its the best out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by designgirl73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great product for anti aging! I've been using it for a year or so. Along with a diligent skin care routine, my skin has really improved. I am 34 and don't have acne (maybe three or four bumps a year), but I've started to notice the effects of spending my 20's in the sun.

One thing...although my skin is somewhat oily in areas this does dry it out horribly if I use it more than a few times a week. I have to cut back even more in the winter.