April 23, 2014 | 1383 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2008 5:29:00 AM More reviews by bigamor

Many reviewers say this mascara clumps badly. Yes it does, but I found a way to avoid it: you have to wipe the brush with a tissue, and that's it! And I usually wash the brush in soapy water once a week. And - believe it or not - I don't face any problems with clumping ever since! This mascara lenghtens lashes beautifully, as well as fixes the curl made with Shu curler. No combing required!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2008 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Bambiina

The one good thing first and that is that it gives the lashes good length and curl, but thats about it. It gave my lashes spider legs after two cotes, and it clumps bad
It smudges like hell, and its very hard to remove. i had to try 3 times with cleanser for it to go away. No moore iconic for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2008 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Funnygrl619

I love love love this product. It lengthens and separates, giving the eye a very open look, its great for the lower lash line. It goes hand and hand with Dior show!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by lol3mily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sorry to be a downer on this one, but it definitely isnt my favourite. Like all mascaras I'm trying, I apply it after curling with Shu and my Shiseido primer. This started off grey so I had to apply a couple coats to get it black, and by then my lashes were clumping together a bit. It does lengthen, and it definitely holds a curl, though, but the clumping/colour killed it for me :( I might try it again with a lash comb, but for $51 AUD I don't think you should need one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 11:15:00 AM More reviews by d_E_S_S

I quite like this. My last favourite was the YSL Everlong for day/natural looking lashes, and the Lancome Fatale for night (always requiring the lashes comb).

As background, I have incredibly straight, short Asian lashes, which wilt very quickly after curling. One of my favourites in the past was the Tarte Lights Camera Lashes mascara - this, like the Everlong, have a tendency to fan out the lashes, so that they look like BAND of lashes (which is what makes lashes sexy), as opposed to clusters (no matter how thick or curly) which most non-comb-brush mascaras produce. However, Tarte (while great for dramatic OR natural lashes) is hard to purchase here in London, while the Everlong creates pretty natural lashes so is not really suitable at night.

Iconic in black is a very dark black. The brush is in a "club" of combs (think of a round hair brush), just like the Everlong's brush. The only difference is that the Iconic's teeth aren't aligned between rows. What this means is that the Everlong, when you rotate it along the lashes, willl just roll and comb out clumps - whereas with the Iconic, clumps tend to get deposited BECAUSE of the teeth not being aligned. Because the formula is quite soft and thick, it fans out your lashes as very dramatic bands of dark lashes (although not as well as the Everlong), but it also means that clumps are pretty common, and these clumps, unlike drier formulas, can sometimes make your lashes stick together between lids as you blink (a bit annoying when you are on a date or something).

WEAR: In terms of wear, this is exceptional for wear (some mascaras fade over time - esp at night when you least want them to!). In terms of smudgeability, it lasts 9-10 hours quite well but does smudge after 12+ hours. (In this regard, this is far superior to the YSL Faux Cils - which gives the same level of thickness - albeit still in clusters instead of bands of lashes - but which smudged even after just 4-5 hours of wear). It can be hard to clean out entirely (ie still leaving a trace) even with cleansing oil.

CURLING: In terms of curling power, this did NOTHING. It lifted my lashes a little bit (hardly what you'd call curling, though), but so did the YSL Everlong. If anything, the Everlong curled MORE despite not being advertised as a curling mascara. It may have been the application - I find that with most mascaras, the trick is to apply it slowly, lifting the lashes as you go along - when you do this slowly enough, the mascara dries while the lashes are still lifted and so would stay that way for the rest of the day. This is preferably done with a comb brush like the Iconic or the Everlong, which would allow you to twist the brush as you lift, fanning the lashes out. Nonetheless, very few mascaras do much more being lifting on my lashes, so I will overlook this.

Of final note, this was the ONLY mascara on the market that makes my lashes grow longer than Everlong. Everlong was advertised to contain nutrients to make your lashes grow faster - and it did, but Iconic makes them even longer! Part of it must be due to the softer/more moisturizing formula, but I have tossed the box so can't tell whether it's an ingredients thing.

Overall, as long as you can spare the time to comb out the clumps, this is a pretty good mascara. Not HG just yet - still awaiting for some company to make that.

UPDATE: One great application tip is to use the tip of the brush to "draw in" the lashes first, as that deposits enough mascaras for volume. Then, to distribute the mascara, it helps to apply the mascara on the top of the lashes first, before applying it from the bottom. This way, the 2 applications "comb out" the clumps from the tip, but still maintains the volume. continued >>

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 8:50:00 AM More reviews by leahluvspink

i read allot of good reviews on here about this product and i wanted to try it for myself so i got myself a tester from ebay.
i am a big follower of the ysl faux cils mascara and i didnt think i would like this, but it was actually brilliant. i dont like the brush but i think that maybe because i need to get used to it, and it took a bit of effort to remove it even with eye makeup remover and a few of my eyelashes came out, but this was the first time i have used it, i just need to get used to it and i do love it. it went on easily gave my lashes thickness, mega length and fanned them out, really dramatic for a night out.i will def be replacing my fave mascara for this and i never thought i would say that.

UPDATE ive had this for about a month now and got myself a full size one and i have to say i love it, ive got used to the brush, its still hard to remove it so if anyone knows a great eye make up remover id appreciate it. but since using this i have not used my ex fave mascara ysl faux cils and i wont be going back to it. i love this.

UPDATE ive just been experimenting with the brush with my other mascaras and iv had fab results. my other mascaras that werent that good have been transformed into great ones. the brush with this is sooo good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by makeupismagic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW, this is the greatest mascara that I have ever bought. I was shopping around my local SDM beauty boutique and saw the display for this mascara. I'm generally a fan of the new rubber wand mascaras, so I figured I "might" just like this one. The brush looked and felt really nice, the tube is huge and so is the price tag ! I don't mind paying alot for a good product though. When I got it home, I washed of my old mascara, sat down and curled my lashes, as usual before applying mascara, then BAM, I couldn't believe it, MEGA LENGTH - HUGE - CURLED - SEPARATED - UBER BLACK - FANTASY LASHES. Oh yes, it is that good. I have medium length, straight, blonde lashes and this baby just blew them up to false proportions. I'm in mascara heaven. My hunt for the HG mascara has come to an end, of course I'll buy new ones that come out, I am a makeup junkie after all !!!!!! However, this will be the crowning glory in my mascara arsenal !! I highly recommend this fantastic mascara for any look you want to achieve.

UPDATE: DECEMBER 10, 2008

OMG, IT WAS TOSSED IN THE GARBAGE TODAY, CLUMP CITY. IT ACTUALLY STARTED TO PULL THE CURL OUT FROM MY LASH CURLER AND WARPED MY LASHES INTO WEIRD POSITIONS, A COMPLETE MESS. IT'S BEEN LIKE THIS FOR THE LAST WEEK, SO I CHANGE MY RATING TO A ONE, IF I COULD I WOULD GIVE IT A ZERO. WHAT AN EXPENSIVE MESS THIS TURNED OUT TO BE.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2008 3:55:00 AM More reviews by ickdragon

So funny story....

I just posted a scathing review of Dior Show the original mascara and here I am about to give glowing reviews to another Dior mascara. Perhaps a few months away from a product can change one's heart?

When I tried the original Dior Show, I swore up and down I would never in my life purchase another CD mascara. I went to Sephora about 3 weeks ago and spent way too much money. Among other things, I went to find a new mascara. I studied all of their brands, compared brushes and then wandered around the store while I pondered my decision.

I happened to walk by the Christian Dior section.

I saw this brush, with weird looking spirals, that looked really soft.

I started thinking that a soft brush would be nice on the eyelashes since the typical "hard spoolie" brush hurts if you accidentally poke yourself.

I tried to talk myself out of it since I remembered my other experience. Still, my little makeup voice inside of me kept saying "I think you should get. There's something about that brush..."

I left with Lancome's Hypnose and the CD DIorshow Iconic.

I returned the Lancome mascara a week later.

The Iconic brush is really, truly a dream mascara brush. It's bigger than normal, but not too big. It's nice and soft, with even separator grooves that make your lashes nice and lush when you apply. It's easy to layer a few coats, but best to do so when it's still wet. Once the application dries, it's on there until you take it off.

The only down fall is that this mascara is a bitch to take off. However, the upside of that is it wears really really well. I'm talking all day wear, without flakes and without curl drooping. I've even slept with it on and don't wake up with raccoon eyes the next morning.

Get yourself some good eye makeup remover and buy yourself some of this mascara!! Your lashes will be longer, larger and fake lash looking (in a good way!) than ever before!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Seraphic

It holds the curls and lasts through the day for me, volumize not so much, lengthen yes which my tiny little lashes require so this is my second choice mascara next the Chanel Exceptionnel.

EDIT: Okay so Chanel just stopped working for me and clumped like crazy (It wasn't even a month after I stopped using it when this started happening). This however is wonderful, always applies flawlessly and stays on all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Jmorton07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I much prefer the original, which is what I exchanged this for today. The results are nice, long feathery looking lashes, but it was really sticky. I like to curl my lashes once, apply one coat of mascara, then curl again and apply a second. I couldn't do the second curl because the mascara was so sticky that my lashes would literally stick to the curler. The brush also caused my lashes to clump. The results are about the same (I thought) as the original, but the original isn't sticky and doesn't clump. Oh, and this was really hard to get off too.