Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

4.7

on 12/1/2008 1:53:00 PM

i was in the right place, (target) at the right time, and got my grubby hands on the last one they had in stock, and lemme tell ya, sooo glad i bought it. all the reviews i've readon this brush are right on. and for the $15, i just dont think a better deal could be had. the bristles are soft and dense, the handle is perfect for gripping, and the way it buffs out makeup and bronzer. OMGoodness. my makeup was flawless.if you see it, and you want it, grab it. you wont be sorry. i also bought some jemma kidd i-design eyeshadow singles, but thats another review.

on 11/19/2008 6:38:00 PM

I just want to say that I really love this brush! I was just about to throw away my bottle of MAC Select tint foundation because i just couldn't apply it right, and when I used this brush to apply it, it came on so nice and sheer! This is now 1 of my most favorite brushes, and it lets me quickly apply a sheer layer of foundation! I would love to try more of the SK brushes, but the only downside is that I live in Canada and SK isn't available to me, my bf brought it for me on his trip to NYC, also, with the money conversion, this brush cost me nearly $22. Overall, GREAT BRUSH!

on 11/19/2008 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this brush, I was never really crazy about cream blush until I picked this lovely up. It's the perfect size and works like magic on cream blushes. I simply swirl the brush into the blush and then dab onto the apples of my cheeks and then blend the blush outwards. The brush head is synthetic so I don't recommend it for powder as it will pick up a lot of product and not soak up any into the bristles. Another fantastic brush from SK.

on 11/19/2008 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is the perfect brush for applying cream blush. I recently purchased 2 of the Shiseido Color Sticks and couldn't get the application right. I saw this brush in Target yesterday and thought "Aha!" Today, I put on my Color Sticks using this brush and it was absolutely perfect. Buffed in gorgeously! The bristles are very dense and soft (and I personally think the handle is aesthetically pleasing)--this is a great brush for the $$$. And anyone that has a hard time applying cream blush, this is PERFECT!!!

on 11/17/2008 7:14:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've had this brush for about 8 months, and it's a nice brush. The flat head buffs on MMU nicely without overapplying, and I like that the brush is synthetic and cruelty free. Not crazy about the shape and look of the handle and I wish it wasn't plastic, but for the price it's a brush worth having in your collection.

edit - 4/09 - I don't use this brush that much because I love my UD powder brush. I used it the other day and the entire stack of bristles fell out. I glued them back in, bit that's kind of shady.

*click continued for pic* I love this brush. The design is great, the handle is black (or maybe navy blue) with sparkles, and fits really nicely in your hand. This brush is nice and soft, and barely sheds (even after washing). It's great for blending blushes into the apples of your cheeks or even for blending bronzers or highlighters. The only thing is you have to be careful using this with highly pigmented blushes (NARS for example) because it picks up a lot of color.

continued >>

on 10/11/2008 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow! This brush is a great find. I love that I can apply even brightly colored blush with it and it still manages to look soft & natural -- no more clown cheeks! It's very good quality for the price. I was considering buying a MAC brush, but with finances being what they are (hello - failing economy!), I decided on this one instead. I am extremely happy with it and I'm glad I was able to get so much for the money.

on 10/2/2008 8:21:00 PM

Great brush for the price! I had been contemplating buying the Jane Iredale Handi brush to apply my makeup but I saw this at the store at Target and decided to go with this one. At $15 it is a great buy. One problem is the availability- they seem to sell out quickly in my area of Southern California. I recommend checking Target's website which gives you real time availability at the closest stores near your home. I checked three different stores before finally getting lucky.

on 9/9/2008 8:58:00 PM

I actually use this brush to apply Fyrinnae rice powder primer, and it buffs it into my skin beautifully (no more gritty powder just sitting on my skin). The brush is extremely soft and dense enough so that it doesn't splay when touching it to your face (if that makes sense). Personally, I wish the handle was shorter so it wouldn't be such a tight fit in my makeup bag, but otherwise, it's fantastic. I love the shimmery black handle, the ergonomic design, the super-soft hairs, the density of the bristles, and the inexpensive price.

on 9/3/2008 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is better then the foundation brush that I bought in a set on ebay. I love how this brush is so SOFT!!! Think of it as the Mac 180 brush on a smaller scale and put onto a longer and thinner handle. It really is the key to smooth foundation applications. It may shed a little bit, but nothing that is too crazy.

Popular Makeup Brushes