December 26, 2014 | 818 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by renaissancegirl

I have been using and repurchasing this for years. I absolutely cannot take a proper shower without this. It makes it easy to scrub my back thoroughly (and it feels great too - like a massage) and keeps my skin soft and smooth. It's also economical as it only takes a bit of soap to work up a good lather. Try it - you'll never go back.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by SayoonaraSadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As others have mentioned this product is excellent and if I don't use this when showering I won't feel clean at all. This is definitely a must have. Great at exfoliation and keeps my skin soft and smooth. I use this everyday and while it might be abrasive to some its very soothing for me (I agree with the other reviewer on how it might take some getting used to but it's definitely worth it I swear!) Makes your body washes and soaps last longer too since it lathers up with less product. Can't stress enough how much everyone should own one! SERIOUSLY GET ONE FOR YOURSELF AND YOU SKIN WILL THANK YOU.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by kerroppi

Great and inexpensive. Perfect for a squeaky clean feel. love the portability and convenience. great for bar soaps in my opinion. not as bubbly for liquid ones....not sure why...now, I use this in conjunction with bar soaps every morning. def. recommend!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by rachel85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

you only have to use a wee bit of ur fav kind of body wash and go to town i love this thing i got my mom one and they live in a dry climite and she says she love the ways it takes off dry skin ! everyone is getting one for christmass , b days , and u name it i will buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by KrystoLee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great wash cloth! Nice and rough..but not too rough...to scrub your body. Holds lather well and long enough to get every inch of your back! Great product and very popular here in Hawaii! (At least with my family and friends!)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by miyeko

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

We had these years ago at home, but I forgot about them until one of my sisters went to visit our Japanese family in Hawaii and brought one back after using it the whole time she was there. The Salux cloth can feel rough on the skin at first and may take some getting used to, but it exfoliates extremely well and really helps lather up shower gel. There is enough length for you to wash your back without contorting, which is a plus for me and my limited range of motion. Great product that I use exclusively now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by kingspanky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These so beat a loofah or a fluffy meshy thing. I first used them in Japan 20 years ago, and then thought OMG why don't we have this in the US? Since then keep buying them. Really lather up well, give a meaningful scrub, and just easier to get all the nooks and crannies than the alternative.

Glad to see a wise OP to identify this and bring it to the MUA masses. Enjoy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

I don't use the Salux brand itself, but another generic one from Korea which is exactly like it. Like many other reviewers have already said, this is the ONLY thing I use to wash with now! It leaves my skin so amazingly smooth and soft. It can be quite harsh, but I personally love that feeling...it's great to use before applying self tanner as it really does get rid of all the dead skin and leaves you prepped for tanning. Helps get rid of that nasty bacne too...and I got mine for dirt cheap, the equivalent of around 0.60? I couldn't be happier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by LadyAmaryllis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I am Japanese so I grew up using these. I absolutely CANNOT feel sufficiently clean without a good scrub-down with my salux! Shower poufs? Please. THESE mean business. If you've ever felt those scrubby gloves they sell at the Body Shop, this is very similar, but in a washcloth form. It is quite abrasive and a superior exfoliator, but not painful (unless it's brand spanking new or you are way too enthusiastic).

It is long enough (~3ft?) to use to scrub your back like one of those loofah strap things with the handles on the end, and does an awesome job of making your shower gel or soap (it's awesome with bar soap) foam up like crazy. I use this to scrub my face with my regular face soap, no separate scrub product needed (though I am a product whore so I buy those anyway). At the end of my shower I like to use it to scrub all the dead skin and crud off my feet and ankles. Sexy, I know, but it does a wonderful job.

BUY ONE. Go to your local Asian market and get one, seriously. You have no idea what you've been missing.

28 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Pretty amazing product. I'm glad I finally listened to all the raves and got one. This really is a unique product with little exfoliating nubbies on it that I have never seen before. The first time I used it, I just thought it was okay, but after several uses, I think I'm hooked. The shape of it is great for running across your back and exfoliating to avoid getting bacne, and it cleared up those little red spots I get on my legs from ingrown hairs. I agree that the first time you use it, it feels a bit too rough, but that you get used to it. It also stimulates circulation, which is good for cellulite.