October 20, 2014 | 1197 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by meheeeen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE these. Nothing leaves my skin softer and feeling cleaner. It really cleans those hard to reach spots and while a first-time user might find the cloth a little rough, once you get used to it nothing else cuts it.
My favorite feature is how much lather it generates. It really stretches the life of your soap or body wash!
I will continue using one of these until the day I die. I LOVE them!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Juliamay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It is odd that I haven't reviewed this. I have used a Salux cloth for over 20 years. I hate when I don't use it, I just don't feel clean. The ONLY time I don't use it would be if I am trying to keep on a Mystic tan or if I am travelling.

My skin is soft, of course I always wish it were better, but that's just me.

If you haven't used this, it does take some getting used to.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by carlito8846

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG. Been practically using this since birth and has been a household staple forever. Love love love this! wouldn't wash my body without this, I use it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by EarlyBirdie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this product. HG! I get it at the Asian food store I go to for around $3. I no longer need to use a separate body scrub because this is it. I use it everyday with my body wash in place of a sponge and I get clean and extremely exfoliated at the same time. I love how I can reach my entire back, too since it's so long. Makes my skin so soft and smooth afterwards. It really turns any body wash into a scrub with a lot of lather. Amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by nstoja

I have stretch marks on my thighs and the skin there has been rough for years. I tried all the scrubs possible but nothing really worked. I used the salux towel and I can't believe how soft my skin is after only one use! It is awesome for your rear and back as well. But don't scrub too hard or too much in the same area as it can cause your skin to be a bit raw. This in combo with an AHA body treatment and your skin will be so smooth! Wash it after use and hang it to dry. It dries quickly and you can fold it up and store anywhere. Love this! Next holiday season all my friends are getting it as an extra goody!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by silverlollipop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ive heard a lot about this lately on the board and I was wondering if I was missing out on something. Living in Japan, I found it funny this is called a Japanese washcloth. None of my Japanese friends knew what it was at first and this was found in the Korean/imported product isle of a fairly large drugstore. I was introduced to this by a friend in high school. Since then I always keep one like this and a palm-size pocket looking one in the shower room. There are many varients of this washcloth in Korea that I always bring some back when I go to Korea and see which brand is the best for me in terms of the size, roughness or shape. I took a lippie off because as for this Salux one in specific, I think this is just an average product. I like the length/size but I find it a little too rough for my liking. I use one thats softer than Salux every shower and it really helps my skin stay smooth.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by DirtyDingo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This thing is the shit, I just started using it today and my skin is unbelievably smooth! Gone are the expensive body scrubs that only last a few weeks because you have to use so much in one use. I love this thing!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by kittenishcutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've had body acne for a long time. I found two skincare products that cleared up most of the acne, but I just couldn't get rid of all of it.

The Salux got rid of the last of my body acne. It's wonderful. My skin is totally smooth, no bumps, no little red dots. You wouldn't know I ever had acne. It also keeps my arms smooth.

I love that I can really clean and exfoliate my back with this. I've tried using a body brush to wash my back, but it didn't work half as good as the Salux does.

It's definitely the washcloth that completed my anti-acne routine. I've used tea tree cleansers, salicylic acid cleansers, prescription cleansers, sulfate-free cleansers, and now I'm using Dove Nutrium Moisture for Sensitive Skin; the only constant is the Salux.

I get these super cheap at the local Asian Market.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by sweetdee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

great product for a great price. i started looking into exfoliating because i was epilating my arms and legs and needed to be proactive against ingrown hair. after some searching around, i stumbled into this and picked it up on ebay for $4.

i love that it's: cost-effective, dries quickly, long-lasting, hygienic, super long!

i would recommend not getting over-zealous with it the first couple times. i know it feels really good but you can over-exfoliate as someone else said. also love that i can get my back clean with this!

after my cleansing routine in the shower, i like to soak it in HOT water and then fold up the towel and put it on my neck--feels really good.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the Salux Japanese Wash Cloth. I find this product to be 10 times more hygenic than the tufted scrubbers and 10 times more effective. The first two weeks or so, I did get scratched a few times, but that was user error, imo. You simply don't have to apply as much pressure. I've been using mine for a month now and am thrilled to report that every inch of me is super smooth and soft, including the soles of my feet.

I'm pretty flexible and can wash my back easily, but these give a really good scrub that is just amazing. You just open up the clotha nd slide it back and forth across your back. It dries very quickly and is 11 x 33 or so inches. They are also machine washable and are holding up extremely well.

They dry in minutes if you rinse them well and hang up to dry in the shower. This (imo) does not eliminate the need for a cream body scrub because I really feel like your skin can get used to the cloth, however I find that I need to use a lotion or cream scrub much less often. AMAZING!

To the MUA'er who recommended these (can't recall who) THANK YOU!! "mwah".