Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

Nylon 60% Polyester 40%

on 10/24/2010 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Did anybody else discover that there are different "grades" of this product? Like some of them are more abrasive than others? I read all the raves here and went looking for it. I found a display rack of them in a Korean shop in the OC and picked out a blue one. The lady who ran the shop came up to me and handed me a yellow one, saying "That (blue towel) is too harsh. This is one is better for skin." And she was right. The yellow one was definitely softer, but still did the job.

P.S. I'm just as delighted with this product as everyone else. Next time I come across them, I'm gonna buy a bunch. These puppies oughta be on Oprah.

We've been using these since we stayed at a Japanese hotel when we were stationed on Guam. That was 17 years ago. I used to have to search for an Asian market. Now I just order them off of Ebay.

Why you need this: it's excellent at exfolliating your back, and your whole body. It lasts forever. It's machine washable. It's dirt cheap.

When we came back home for Christmas once, we gave them to all of our relatives. The only one who didn't like it was my sister in law. Her skin was too sensitive and it hurt her. It is a bit rough, especially at first.

Buy it. You'll love it and keep using it.

on 10/18/2010 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm from Hawaii, and now that I live in California I will go out of my way to drive to an asian market just to buy this! Absolutely cannot live without this washcloth. It's the only thing that makes me feel absolutely clean after I shower. I will use this forever.

on 10/18/2010 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

OMG I had no idea that everyone else was using this! I got mine when I was a teen, my dad's friend is Japanese and he told her about me (I loved Anime and anything Japanese when I was a teen). Since I've had mine for about 5 yrs I went ahead and bought a new one from B&BW which is ok.. But now that I now the name of the brand I'm going back to my old HG :) thanks guys :)
This really is the best thing if you get clogged pores;
This+ Neutrogena acne body wash= clear back :)
I also love that it's exfoliating and gentle :)

I have been using and repurchasing this for years. I absolutely cannot take a proper shower without this. It makes it easy to scrub my back thoroughly (and it feels great too - like a massage) and keeps my skin soft and smooth. It's also economical as it only takes a bit of soap to work up a good lather. Try it - you'll never go back.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

As others have mentioned this product is excellent and if I don't use this when showering I won't feel clean at all. This is definitely a must have. Great at exfoliation and keeps my skin soft and smooth. I use this everyday and while it might be abrasive to some its very soothing for me (I agree with the other reviewer on how it might take some getting used to but it's definitely worth it I swear!) Makes your body washes and soaps last longer too since it lathers up with less product. Can't stress enough how much everyone should own one! SERIOUSLY GET ONE FOR YOURSELF AND YOU SKIN WILL THANK YOU.

on 9/26/2010 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great and inexpensive. Perfect for a squeaky clean feel. love the portability and convenience. great for bar soaps in my opinion. not as bubbly for liquid ones....not sure why...now, I use this in conjunction with bar soaps every morning. def. recommend!

on 9/20/2010 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

you only have to use a wee bit of ur fav kind of body wash and go to town i love this thing i got my mom one and they live in a dry climite and she says she love the ways it takes off dry skin ! everyone is getting one for christmass , b days , and u name it i will buy again

on 9/19/2010 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is a great wash cloth! Nice and rough..but not too rough...to scrub your body. Holds lather well and long enough to get every inch of your back! Great product and very popular here in Hawaii! (At least with my family and friends!)

on 9/18/2010 8:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

We had these years ago at home, but I forgot about them until one of my sisters went to visit our Japanese family in Hawaii and brought one back after using it the whole time she was there. The Salux cloth can feel rough on the skin at first and may take some getting used to, but it exfoliates extremely well and really helps lather up shower gel. There is enough length for you to wash your back without contorting, which is a plus for me and my limited range of motion. Great product that I use exclusively now.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools