August 31, 2014 | 1377 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the Salux Japanese Wash Cloth. I find this product to be 10 times more hygenic than the tufted scrubbers and 10 times more effective. The first two weeks or so, I did get scratched a few times, but that was user error, imo. You simply don't have to apply as much pressure. I've been using mine for a month now and am thrilled to report that every inch of me is super smooth and soft, including the soles of my feet.

I'm pretty flexible and can wash my back easily, but these give a really good scrub that is just amazing. You just open up the clotha nd slide it back and forth across your back. It dries very quickly and is 11 x 33 or so inches. They are also machine washable and are holding up extremely well.

They dry in minutes if you rinse them well and hang up to dry in the shower. This (imo) does not eliminate the need for a cream body scrub because I really feel like your skin can get used to the cloth, however I find that I need to use a lotion or cream scrub much less often. AMAZING!

To the MUA'er who recommended these (can't recall who) THANK YOU!! "mwah".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by ANSTAH

I've been using these things for as long as i can remember. My mom used this on me when I was younger and I find myself still using it now. It works great and really sloughs off the dead skin cells and leaves your skin feeling so soft and smooth!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 1:37:00 PM More reviews by tanyaw168

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best product I've bought in a very long time!!! It's amazing for in the shower. I've never been able to wash my back properly and now that I have these cloths, it's a breeze.

It's done wonders for my skin too. No more concerns about wearing a tank top or going strapless!!!

Highly recommend. Check on ebay. Plenty of options, for a really great price!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by TsunamiKama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These Salux bath towels are essential for my daily bodycare routine. I take these with me even when I travel too because I can't stand trying to scrub my skin with a wash cloth, which, in my opinion, is practically useless in cleaning your skin. The Salux towel exfoliates very well and always leaves you with that "squeaky clean" feeling. As another reviewer mentioned, I also love that using just a small amount of shower gel produces a lot of lather. And you simply can't beat the price. I will always, always re-purchase these towels - another good thing is, they do seem to last quite a while before their wear starts to show.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by magdabug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hooray!!! Salux exfoliating towel is a dream come true. I've had it for two weeks now, and, like most of the other reviewers, and in love. I have skin on both face and body that requires daily rigorous exfoliation. I think it's bad genes. Anyway, no more glycolic body wash needed to exfoliate my difficult body skin, which is prone to ingrowns and bacne (bc of slow-sloughing skin cells). My body skin is smooth and glowing! AND...I have been using this on my face, with a little facial cleanser. It has replaced my ridiculously overpriced Clarisonic. It's working WAY better than my Clarisonic. My facial skin is soft and zit-free, and since I've ceased use of glycolic cleanser on my face, too, my skin tone is very even. This towel is super cheap, purchased at an Asian grocery in Seattle. RAVE x20.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 12:37:00 PM More reviews by heejoh

I've been using this my entire life. So has everyone else in my family, immediate and beyond. It's just part of our lives! It scrubs you nice and clean, and you can control how hard or soft you want to scrub. Yes, it's rough, but that's the point, just use it to your liking! Great for exfoliating, especially legs before shaving, and super easy to use to get your back and any other hard to reach spots. And I use this a couple times a week to gently exfoliate my face with a gentle and natural soap. I know I'll use this for the rest of my life!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by GeminisMommy

Eh, I could take this product or leave it. I was impressed with the length - made it super easy to exfoliate every nook and cranny of my back. The price was great, too (under 3 USD at H Mart). However, I found it too rough for my liking and feel microfiber cloths are gentler on my skin and do a better job.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

These are fantastic. They're big rectangles of fine nylon netting and are much better for exfoliating than those poufy loofah things (be careful because you can definitely over-scrub) and more versatile. You can scrunch them up for more control, or stretch 'em out to do hard-to-reach spots like your back. Regular use will leave your skin soft and smooth.

I find mine produces tons of lather with just a few swipes on my bar of soap (I don't use body washes as I think they're a rip-off). When I'm done, I just rinse it out and hang it on a hook on my shower caddy to dry. I've had mine for several years now and it's as good as new. And it only cost me about 3 USD! I'd definitely buy another if I need to.

NB: You can find these at pretty much any Oriental grocery store. I don't think they really vary by brand, so pick up whatever is cheapest. continued >>

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by obsessed12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product since I was in elementary school! I have the best skin ever! everyone always compliments on how smooth and soft my skin is! affordable, great quality, good results! i couldnt ask for anything better!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by trixie1803

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Salux towels are my new find and I am pretty sure I will never use a washcloth again.
My skin is so smooth and silky, I have never used a body scrub that does for my skin what these towels do, seriously. For a mere few dollars you can get these on ebay. I haven't found any at Asian markets like others have but that is no problem, I am still looking.
My KP on my arms and shoulders has improved some and I just love the way I feel after a shower, so invigorated, it's uncanny.
I can't say enough about them!! Turns any bodywash or bar soap into a foam fest.
update 1/19/2010-I still am using these from May of last year, they are still scrubby and in good shape after many many washings. I didn't think I would use a washcloth again and I haven't. Still can't find them here in any local Asian market or dollar store. Still looking...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No