October 24, 2014 | 1529 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by day0110

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic product for people who need to define/fill-in their brows.

Pros:
- Cheap
- Mechanical
- Lasts for ages
- Fills in spaces and adds shape
- Stays on
- Smooth but not too smooth texture

Cons:
- Limited colours
- The comb is useless
- As others have said, not good at "creating" brows but I only need to define so it's fine for me

My HG brow pencil. I used to use the MAC brow pencil but saw this for half the price and it produces the exact same results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

This the best drugstore brow pencil made. I have tested and tried everything because of my job. It's a hard and dry pencil, which is exactly what I use on clients. The tip does not break for me, but I only twist it up a tad bit to apply it. Because it's such a small tip, most people will think they need more. Medium brown is the most universal because It can be applied heavy or light. It stays the day and looks natural. A very soft brow look that I love. I prefer natural brows, but honestly I too have to create them sometimes. ;) The brush is for brow clumps. You pull it through instead of combing. Update: 6/19/09 The only brow pencil that lasts all day is a semi dry and hard pencil like this one. If it's too creamy it applies too much color, and smears by the end of the day. I don't have to apply brow powder over it to set the brow. I have my own pencil, and I am still using it every day (for months) and it still has not run out. I have thin brows that have to be filled in. So that's about as much as I can cover about this pencil. The price is anywhere from $5-$6.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by bombasticclassic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the reviewer below... it's great for defining your brows, but not great if you literally need to create them haha. I have this in soft black which is great for filling in gaps in my brows, but my brows are very light, and if I tried to fill the entire thing in with this it would look very fake. As such I can fill in gaps using this but have to go over the entire thing again with brow powder for actual color. Besides that, it wears pretty well and looks fairly natural. God knows what the comb on the other side is for... I pretty much use it as a lash comb because I looks pretty pointless for your brows.

EDIT: I have since switched to revlon colorstay's brow enhancer because you can use it to fill in gaps as well as for all over brow color. Hooray!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by butterflylcsw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this product has potential, but it's too easy to break the tip off. Maybe it works for people who only need to enhance their brows; I need to practically create my brows, and this pencil couldn't stand up to that. Won't purchase again, which makes me sad because I loved the comb and I like that kind of pencil (narrow and self-sharpening).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by WillBlogForShoes

I bought this after reading a very positive review on a beauty blog. It is awesome! I've never been able to make a brow pencil look natural, but this product is so easy to use!

The comb on the end of mine did break off when I was trying to get it out of the package.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by devildogtess

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very disappointed, if any pressure was applied, the tip broke off. I will stick with Anastasia, which is more expensive but works very well. I thought after reading the reviews that I could get the same quality for a cheaper price. Not so.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by madluvmakeup

This is now my HG brow pencil. I have tried just about every type of brow pencil high end and low end and I have to say this is the best so far. It has a skinny tip which is great for precise work. It's super inexpensive. I can make my brows look defined without them looking too severe. I definately reccomend this for anyone in search of a good inexpensive brow pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by sugarandspice101

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in Dark Blonde which is kinda a dark golden taupe.The narrow end works well to define brows,it can give a natural look.The price is cheap.I use this with Ananatasia's brow powder and the two together look great.( the brow powder is wonderful also).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 6:26:00 AM More reviews by theymarry

This is my first brow pencil but I think I'll be sticking to it. I love this stuff. I wear it every day (one brow is shorter than the other) and no one can tell I drew my brows in. LOVE IT!

-A.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by shiaobundan

Love this stuff. HG for me. Not, it's not as creamy or as pigmented as MAC, but I like it because it is buildable and I won't end up with caterpillar brows. Best drugstore brow product EVER. I like this better than Anastasia brow powder and wax, which I now regret paying $30 for.

Also, people are saying that it breaks off. I haven't noticed that. You may be unwinding too much of the stick at once.