Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

on 5/19/2009 3:19:00 PM

I think this is comparable to the anastasia eyebrow pencils. I used to use anastasia's medium ash, and with this, I use dark blonde (which is less ashy, more warm). The color goes on very subtle, so you don't have to worry about having akward, too dark eyebrows. I like the comb at the end more than the bristle type b/c it's easier to clean.

on 5/18/2009 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have purchased much more expensive brow pencils before from the makeup counter. In desperation after I had my hair dyed dark, I picked this up in target for "the meantime" until I made it to the department store. I was so impressed, it made me rethink all my expensive makeup purchases! It went on very smoothly, and had a little comb on one end (something my clinique definer doesn't have!). I bought a 2nd one before the first ran out because I liked it so much I was worried what I would do without one around!

Only downside is I wish there were more colors to chose from.

I had my brows tinted recently so no longer need it except maybe between tint treatments. Seriously the best brow definer I've ever bought.

on 5/15/2009 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

So there's been a lot of comparison to the eyebrow crayons by MAC... They both don't need sharpening because you just twist them up, and they are both the thin-lead type. The colors are pretty close too. I use Spiked regularly and the dark brown seems to be a good match. Anyway, the reason I will continue to purchase MAC is that although this appears to be a better value, there's actually a lot less product than MAC pencils. These have .001 of product while MAC has .003. But the real kicker is that the product in these pencils is SO soft, I find myself having to twist up the liner 5 or 6 times every application. Needless to say, you BLOW through this product. Would I use it again, sure. The product is very similar to MAC except for the fact that you have to use a lot more to get the same result. If you can't get to a MAC counter, then by all means this will work for you. But if you think you're saving money by buying this, think again. I got this buy one get one free, and I'm still a pencil short of how much comes in one MAC pencil, and I've only paid a few dollars less for something that gets used up much more quickly.

on 5/11/2009 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

i actually like this better than my MAC pencil in spiked. it goes on much lighter and looks more natural to me. i caught it on sale at Walgreens so i was able to get them 2 for the price of 1 which was great.

on 4/22/2009 2:36:00 PM

I was using the Revlon ColorStay Brow Enhancer, which I liked, except that I find it is too thick to make thin brow filling lines -- when I read the reviews for the Maybelline product, I thought I would try it --- and it is GREAT - very thin so I can fill in small sparse areas and it really does have staying power. The comb on the end isn't useful, but I already have a brow brush. Great product!

on 4/21/2009 3:23:00 PM

Great brow pencil, I'll be sticking with this forever! :-P I have it in a Dark Brown.

Very thin tip, which provides a great brow line and very precise. The only downfall that I heard is that it tends to break easily. Define-A-Brow provides a precise brow, and perfect colour match. It stays on throughout the whole day (I also set it with a brow gel though).

Very cheap! I paid $8 for mine; I used to use Annabelle previously (which does not even measure up to this one!)

Go and buy it! Its a great brow liner, and you wont regret it.. Just don't press too hard or it might break :P

on 4/21/2009 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a great brow pencil. It is an automatic pencil so no sharpener is needed. The formula is good, and long wearing. I went swimming with this on and it stayed put. I was really surprised by that, and my sis asked me the other day what I was using on my brows with because she thought they looked so good. Its a great buy for the price too!

on 4/21/2009 2:00:00 AM

i really liked this product i have a mac eye brow pen. and i have to say i like them pretty equal the mac 1 did last longer but i love the comb on the end of this and it looks a little more natural than the mac 1 but both are pretty sweet love them

on 4/20/2009 11:40:00 PM

Eh. It crumbles at least 3 times every time I try to apply. Waste of money. Don't even use the comb on the end. The color was a good match but I'd rather spend $4 more for a quality item that won't break 1" off every time I use.

on 4/20/2009 10:18:00 PM

I decided to buy this since I heard on the makeup boards that this was a dupe for MAC's Eye Brow pencil. I like the fact that this pencil never needs sharpening. I was sick of my Body Shop brow pencil that is always sold out whenever I need it. And that wasn't even a mechanical pencil. There is .001 oz of product in this vs. .003 oz in MAC's. This cost me $6.99, and MAC's pencil is $14.50, so actually MAC's is cheaper. You would have to use $21 of Maybelline's product for the same amount you get in $14.50 of MAC's. So I won't repurchase this because I can get more product at a better price. I like the thinness of this pencil, so you don't end up drawing too much on your brows (I used to do that). I bought this in light brown since I have black brows but blonde hair. The light brown isn't as harsh as a darker pencil would be with my features. I agree that this comb is useless.

EDITED ON 6/29/09: Taking off one lippie because MAC's pencil is a better deal, and I like the MAC formula better.

Popular Brows Products