October 25, 2014 | 1425 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Majuriel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree that this is a must have. I use it as a e/s base and my shadow lasts all day, no creasing, no color change. I've tried so many shadow bases and none even come close to this, its perfect......MAC please don't ever d/c this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by lanolin305

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best base I've had! It works magic, the eyeshadow stays on for hours and doesn't crease when I use this. I can wear it alone as well when I'm not in the mood to add color! Must have!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Spoan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is as essential to me as my foundation and concealer. I apply it over the entire eyelid, up to the brow. My shadows go on smooth and blend better, and gives the pigment staying power. A must have.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by kalosa82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Painterly is a nice color and base to even out my eyelids. I certainly can't use this alone tho. I have to wear a primer otherwise it will crease after a few hours. My eyelids can get oily, but not overly crazy. Maybe it creases on me because of the humidity here? Anyway, it's a nice addition to my makeup collection and really like this stuff. Just sucks I can't use it without primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by ladolcediva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG primer!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by atorres921

I love this as a primer!! I have been reaching for it more than my Urban Decay Primer Potion!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 5:22:00 AM More reviews by BeautifullyNatural25

I love this base under anything, I highly recommend this paintpot under all eyeshadows. Most of the time i use this under TFSI to prevent any creasing at all even though i don't have oily lids at all, but hey better safe then sorry. With that said, this is a very creamy, smooth,and opaque product that not only hides any imperfections and evens out the colors on your eye lids, it also creates a fresh, clean, and even cavas on your eyelids for all your eyeshadows making them more vibrant and true to hue. I'm a NW20-NW25 and i adore painterly as it is described as a "nude beige" . I swear by this product and if your a NW or have pink/red warmer undertones i highly recommend this base to you. If your a NC and have yellow/cooler undertones go with soft ochre as it is described a "yellow beige". I personally don't use or own soft ochre as i have tried it in stores and it is too yellow and cool toned for me. Just remember Painterly is for NW's with warm undertones and Soft ochre is for NC's with cool undertones!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by xoxAllyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been wearing this by itself for a few days now and so far, so good. It does crease by the end of the day, but I have very, very oily lids, so I'm not completely surprised. I'm not a big fan of the glass packaging.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved the texture of this, opaque, creamy and not too dry like Soft Ochre. Unfortunately, on my eyelids, it is pink. I have NC20 skin, my lids are darker, maybe NC25-30. When I put this stuff on, it turns my eyelid a coral pink colour. It's not just a barely there pink, it's a highly visible pink tone. When I put on eyeshadows, it alters the colour of my eyeshadow, making them appear much more warmer than I would like them to be. Soft Ochre fits me so much better, unfortunately it does have the issue of being dry and flaky looking on lids. I usually wear my paint pots after my TFSI, and I use them more like a paint for blanking out the colour of my lids, not as eyeshadow primers. But on top of TFSI, they look lovely all day, and my eyeshadows stay put. I recommend them, but for some reason Painterly did not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Serelinia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, I'd like to say that I have four MAC paint pots: Rubenesque, Bare Study, Fresco Rose and Painterly. Rubenesque and Fresco Rose were dry and cakey right out of the packaging. I'm assuming that there was something wrong with them, for Bare Study and Painterly are very, very creamy. I suggest asking for a worker at MAC to test the creaminess of a paint pot before you buy it to prevent purchasing one like my unsatisfactory paint pots.

With that out of the way, let me say that I have very thin eyelids. They are a bit red and the veins are highly visible--but they're not oily at all whatsoever. Painterly makes the veins, which are usually easily perceived, invisible. The result is a flawless matte canvas that matches perfectly with my skin tone. It isn't cakey, nor does it seem obvious that I'm wearing makeup. As far as creasing goes, due to my lack of oily skin creasing is never much of a problem regardless of the product that I'm using. That said, I do not crease with Painterly.

I cannot adequately describe to any of you how much I recommend this product.