MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 6/20/2011 6:19:00 AM

I really, really like this product. I'm a NW20 and was tossing up between Painterly and Soft Ochre, but am glad I chose Painterly. It is the perfect base for my eyeshadow (really helps prevent fall out) and sometimes I wear it alone on my eye which covers discolouring and brightens my whole face. It is expensive ($35 AUD) and sometimes if I wear it alone it can feel a bit dry on my eyelids, but it is great overall and I will definitely buy it again if I ever run out!

on 6/19/2011 11:46:00 AM

Amazing...dont know what I did without it! A little goes a long way,so the price isnt bad at all as this should last you forever,I am just about half done and I purchased this a year ago.I will repurchase this over and over.

on 6/17/2011 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

it's too pink-ish for me and it's kinda drying. i should of bought soft ochre

on 6/6/2011 8:43:00 PM

This is my favorite paint pot aside Bare Canvas. This is beautiful on olive-fair skin. I use my fix fluid with it so I can damp it before using otherwise it looks super dry and flakey. I really like it and I belive I've had it for over 2 years now. Still works great.

on 6/1/2011 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this as a base. Now I realize why my eyeshadow always wore off after a couple hours. Not anymore! I've tried actual "primers" (ie. urban decay primer potion) which are good too, but I like the lightweight feel of the paint pots better. :) It wasn't sticky at all and made my eyeshadow vibrant and last all day. I highly recommend it and would buy another one but the one I have now has lasted me so long already. :)

on 6/1/2011 3:10:00 PM

I used to use Clinique's canvas touchbase but since I love MAC's eye shadows, I decided to try their base. I love this stuff. My eyeshadow stays put all day and without creases. Will definetely buy again!

on 5/29/2011 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have very oily eyelids. I usually use UD but wanted to give this a try due to all the good reviews. I have now used it for some time and it does not prevent my eyeshadow from gliding off. I am still getting oily eyelids after an hour or so :-( I also think when i use this as a base it make the eyeshadow that goes on top difficult to blend.

on 5/22/2011 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have oily eyelids, and using a base like TFSI or UDPP alone is not the best option for me. I always apply my Painterly Paint Pot over my TFSI or UDPP, whichever I happen to be using. This way, my eyeshadows last all day with no creasing or fading. I love the shade Painterly because it evens out the skin on my eyelids and makes a fantastic base for color. The other Paint Pots I own are shimmery, and I honestly think this matte one performs better. Even though I have to wear it over a base, I don't consider that a downfall because it's essentially just a long-wear cream eyeshadow. This little pot is such value for the money! Mine has lasted years, and it's still going strong (and I use it everyday!).

on 5/22/2011 9:21:00 PM

I really like this product. It evens out the color on my lids and helps eyeshadows last. I don't have oily eyelids so I don't have problems with this creasing.
I prefer this over UD, though I haven't tried UD in Eden.
I also like to use this under my eyes or to cover pimples.
Overall, I would buy it again.

on 5/22/2011 7:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this product for about 3 months now. I love love love it! I use as a primer for shadows and also as just a stand alone lid colour for when I'm working and need a minimal make up look (I'm a midwife). It has a light creamy consistency, dries Matt, rarely creases and evens out my pigmented lids. Makes any shadow colour truer. Would and do recommend to anyone