MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I bought this when my sister recommended it to me about 6 months ago and i'm happy that she did. I love using this as an eyeshadow base; it helps even out my lids, helped prevent creasing (which I had a big problem with prior) and it also helps my eyeshadow stay on almost all day long. I think it's a great value, too. I use it almost daily and I still have a ton in the jar! Totally in love and I do plan on repurchasing!

I bought this a month ago..tried it and did not like it one bit. Then today I tried it again as a base for a Lancome shadow and WOW what a difference. It makes shadow look so much smoother and brighter. I kept checking to see if it was my imagination cause my eyes looked so much more awake and wait for it....younger.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love Painterly paint pot!! I use it almost everyday and can't imagine not using it. This creates a great base for my eye shadows. My shadows last longer throughout the day. I have no creasing during the day. Most eye primers make my eye's water like crazy. This doesn't bother me at all. A++

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This gives me a similar effect as my favorite, Bobbi Brown's Cream Shadow in Shore, except the tone is maybe slightly cool. Also the formula is thinner, it's a few bucks cheaper and the jar is way easier to get my finger into. This gives my lids an even, uniformed color for when I feel like skipping eye shadow and it also works as an excellent primer for when I do put eye make up on (just like BB's), I actually prefer this one because of the few things I mentioned above and also it is easier for me to buy as I don't have a BB store near me. I will definitely repurchase this one!

I was using UD primer potion for some time, till my friend urged me to try this paint pot out and let me tell you it was love at first use!!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

MY HG!!!

I just think that the packaging should be improved. The lid tends to loosen from time to time and dry out the product.

Other than that, I'm in LOVE.

Why did I wait soooo long to get this? It is just perfect!I It's ideal for a nude look in a second, or as a base for eyeshadows, and it hides perffectly all the little veins etc. I love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I just got this, it has been around 1 week now and I am in love. So far I discovered that it has a light yet buildable coverage, very versatile, holds eye shadow and liner in place and gives a very professional yet natural look. I will definitely buy some other colors of this product.
Btw IMO I think this product is applied much better with a sponge than a brush.

Although I think this is a good product, I wouldn't buy it again simply because it's the wrong shade for me.

I think the reason why this is so popular is because many people on YouTube use it as a primer in their tutorials, but very few of them state why they use this colour in particular. It is meant to act as a base and as a sort of concealer for your eyelid to masks veins, discolouration, etc. Most apply it with their finger, and this can kind of be a little messy, which is okay for most because it matches their skin tone.

However, if your skin is darker, this paint pot isn't necessarily for you. If you use it as a concealer, it won't work the same for you because it's not the right colour. You'd be better off going to the MAC store and looking at some of the darker colours. Most of the paint pots are of the same formula, so you'll still be getting the same product, just in a shade that matches your skin tone.

It's the same as if you were purchasing a foundation.

The only time that this doesn't really apply is if you are looking for a colour base that will enhance the colour of your eyeshadow.

I love this product. It's such a nice, neutral color. Working indoors in an a/c heated office, my skin would often get shiny and my eyelids would be damp and crease -- not the case anymore since I started applying MAC painterly! I wear it beneath MAC pigment and e/s. Lasts all day.

Top Rated MAC Products