Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 1/15/2010 9:58:00 AM

This is the best non-petroleum, all-natural lip balm I've found. It's flavorless, and it smells pleasantly like pomegranate tea with a spoonfull of honey, which dissipates quickly. This isn't as effective at healing my chapped lips as straight-up petroleum jelly, and it doesn't leave my lips as soft when it wears off (after eating and drinking). But it works better for me than original Burt's, Badger stick balm, the eos sphere, and even medicated Blistex so I'm satisfied (and perhaps a convert to non-menthol lip products). I don't really get color payoff, but it does brighten the pinkness of my lips and works perfectly with Becca beach tint. Definitely try this if you're looking for a more natural lippie or if you've had problems with menthol.

on 1/13/2010 3:37:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is an almost HG lip balm. It has none of the things that keep your lips needing balm in it. It's a great skin conditioner with some healing properties. I used this during my recent bout with pneumonia when my lips were in terrible shape and it did help. I find that imparts no color and the smell is not offensive. While I like the taste of the original better, I think this is better at healing! I'll certainly buy it again!

on 1/13/2010 3:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Love this stuff and use every time I use lipstick. Keeps my pucker soft, doesn't smell funky, and keeps my lipstick creamy.

on 1/13/2010 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm a lip balm freak, and I know I've said this before, but I MEAN it this time: HG HG HG!

This stuff is the real deal. It doesn't secretly dry out your lips like most lip balms. Anything with menthol, camphor, or clove is actually dehydrating, so watch out! The original Burt's is horrible with this. It wears well, smells great, and is pretty cheap!

Lots of people say this gives you a hint of color, I don't think so. I'd argue that your lips will redden up a bit just from the act of applying balm and rubbing your lips together. After a few minutes my lips are my natural color.

Aquaphor before bed and this during the day have kept my lips full and soft during a record-breaking cold winter. Love.

on 1/8/2010 3:22:00 PM

I really love Burt's Bees beeswax lipbalm, so I gave this a try a few years back. Its great because it feels less waxy, and it feels like a "sinks in" a little better than the original, which sometimes I find will feel like its just sitting on top of your lips.
It also gives a pinkish tint.
The downside is that I've noticed that it goes bad more quickly than the original. I have lots of both kicking around, and when I discover one that I thought I lost a while back, the orginal version is always okay, and the pomegrante tastes and smells kind of like wet cardboard.
But only happens after about a year or a year and a half, so hopefully you'll have finished it before it has a chance to go bad.
It is also quite expensive for a lipbalm (almost $6 CDN), but overall, I still find that I have it in my bag at all times.

on 1/7/2010 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Everyone that is looking for a rescue for dry and flaky lips, do NOT buy this one. Reason being, this one is better to protect, and it's kinda rough to apply, the product is a little solid.
With that said, I love this one when my lips are normal. I use it outside when it's cold. It gives a nice glow to my lips, and smells good, I also believe it protects my lips some from the wind. At night I use emu oil to give my lips enough moisture.

Never have problems with horrible lips again :)

on 12/31/2009 1:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I don't mind the smell of this, but it left a horrible taste in my mouth and didn't really do much for my lips either. I felt like there was a film over my lips rather than something moisturizing that was soaking into them.

on 12/28/2009 11:24:00 AM

I've been happy with other Burt's Bees lip balms (except the honey one) so I bought a tube of this for myself and another one to add to a gift bag for a coworker. Then I got another one in a Burt's Bees "grab bag" that I received for Christmas (very fun assortment, btw). So I really hoped I would love this and wasted no time in trying it out. I wore it to bed, I wore it before going outside, I wore it around the house. Since it doesn't stay one very well, I was putting it on frequently! And then my lip cracked.

This is a rare thing for me because I wear lip balm, gloss or lipstick all the time. But it was really cold outside and I thought maybe that was the problem. So I kept applying this "replenishing" lip balm. And reapplying. It did nothing for my cracked lip, so I switched to Rosebud salve and I'm all better now. SO, moving forward, I'll stop using the Burt's Bees and maybe try it again in the Spring since I have multiple tubes. I won't repurchase.

on 12/27/2009 10:29:00 PM

My favorite lip balm, it makes my lips so soft. I do have to re-apply it, and compared to other lip balms it's a tad pricey, but not by much. It's definitely worth a purchase, and it lasts a long time which is great!

on 12/27/2009 10:54:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I tried this also in 08 and did not like it at all, it did nothing for my lips and hardly had any smell to it. But now. love this, it smells so juicy, fresh, and yummy, and makes my lips very smooth and soft. I think I might have had a bad batch last time. Because it's completely different to what I remember it to be. At least I know that burts is fresh.

Popular Lip Treatments