L'Oreal infallible never fail makeup

3.0

NEW 18h FORMULA *runny* : (Active Ingredient : Titanium Dioxide 1.75%) /// Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, PTFE, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Isostearyl Diglyceryl Succinate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Caprylyl Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylene Carbonate, Magnesium Gluconate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 7499/Iron Oxides) ----------------------------------------- OLD 16h FORMULA *thick* : (Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 1.9%, Octinoxate 1.0%) /// Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Glycerin, Nylon-12, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Magnesium Gluconate, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Tristearin, Butylparaben, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate +/- (CI 77492/CI 77491/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

on 3/4/2007 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Does what it says on the tin, this stuff - stays on all day and good coverage, lots of pigment so it's pretty thick stuff. I had to mix this in with a decent moisturiser to be able to manipulate it properly. At the time of buying it I thought it was the bee's knees but it ends up cakey and settling in lines. I used the lightest shade and it was a bit on the orangey side (I have come to expect this from 99% of foundations on the UK market so it's not a surprise). Liked L'Oreal Translucide and Ideal Balance better. Only buy this if you really really needs the coverage and you can work fast with it.

on 2/25/2007 8:34:00 PM

BAD!! Just bad. L'Oreal should be sued for false advertising because their claims are SOOOO far off from the truth. Controls shine? NO. Blends easily? NO. Lasts all day? NO NO NO. I can't emphasize how awful this crap is. It's like sludge, and it dries super fast, so you either have to be super quick on application and do it in small sections, or you'll end up with an inch thick layer. I have very dry skin with a little shine on my forehead only, and within a few minutes of applying this, I looked like a fryolater had erupted onto my entire face. I blotted several times AND added a good powder, but the shine could not be stopped. I honestly have no idea how they get away with marketing this the way that they do. It's almost a joke to call it Infallible, as it embodies just about the worst of everything...

on 2/19/2007 4:20:00 PM

I have combination skin, but it varies daily as to how much oil or how dry I am. This made me super shiny, I hated it. I do believe it was because of the sunscreen in it. My skin didn't feel oily, but it looked terrible. The stuff did feel heavy around my nose, where I was trying to hide my pores (bad idea, I know that now) even though I didn't apply a ton of it. I had to use a ton of powder to hide the shine, but the powder didn't stick to the make-up.... I did like the way it was packaged, and it also had good coverage/matched my skin... other than that I really didn't like it.

on 2/18/2007 8:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Oh thank divine, it's not just me...!

This stuff goes on and I look great, perfect, albeit a bit masky, but evenly toned and covered, for sure. A few hours later and I look like an oily mess. Not just a little oily, but thick, gooey, shiny, embarassing. I thought it was because I have PCOS and was just pumping out a lot of oil (at 44, no less), but apparently not. Six months as a walking oil slick because of this disastrous foundation, ugh! It settles into pores (mine are huge, admittedly) and lines, and wears off other places. I can't believe I didn't come here to check it out. Lesson learned.

(edited to add: 2 lippies for packaging and coverage)

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

The only good thing about this makeup is the packaging. I have dry skin, but this makeup made my skin look oily and after a couple of hours literally slid around on my face into patches of gunk where I have dry patches. Coverage and feel of the makeup was awful for me.

on 2/15/2007 7:09:00 AM

I got this from my friend J.

I really like the shade and the coverage but I get acne when I use it regularly. I think my skin is very reactive to foundation ...

on 2/15/2007 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I did not like this foundation at all. It is very thick and hard to blend because it dries up very quickly. It's also supposed to last all day, and it does not last at all. I also have oily skin, and this did not do anything to control it. It actually made me more oily.

on 2/14/2007 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a decent drugstore foundation that is as good as some more expensive high end foundations, but overall is nothing to write home about. It is a thick liquid with sheer to medium coverage that comes in an excellent glass bottle with a hygienic pump dispenser. I would call it moderately long-wearing, but it will slide around if you have any moisturizer beneath it or are in hot humid weather. It is not transfer resistant or rub proof whatsoever, so that advertising claim is false! I had no issues with streaks, but I am very careful in how I apply foundation: mix a dime-sized amount between clean fingertips, quickly pat and blend onto clean face with fingertips, then quickly stipple and blend with a good wedge sponge. I will not buy this again because the closest match to my skin tone, Natural Buff 606, was definitely too pink. (However I have strong yellow undertones and even MAC C3 is not really yellow enough for me.)

on 2/14/2007 4:41:00 PM

For me the colour range was wrong (too pink and too dark).

I did not like the smell. It went on very heavy, drying before I had a chance to spread it properly.

I am 48 and thought this made my skin look older as it really showed up dry patches and irritated the oily parts.

on 2/14/2007 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm surprised that this product rated so low. I have been using it for about a year. I have oily acne prone skin. I usually have to wet the sponge because its a little thick and it can be streaky. Though I have used it with a dry sponge, and the trick is to spread it on the sponge and lighty layer it on. (Though I have a color that's a little darker than my skintone so it streaks more)The coverage is obviously better with a dry sponge, but I think the stay power of this product is great. I live Texas, so usually make up just slides right off. But all I did during the summer was blot and it still looked fresh and held the coverage. I also like the color range! My god it seems like every drugstore brand stops at light-medium. I also enjoy the packaging, its very sanitary, however sometimes the spout needs to be cleaned.