April 17, 2014 | 927 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - infallible never fail makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Mayfaire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Initially I loved this - has great coverage. It broke me out HORRIBLY after a few days. Stay away if you have acne-prone skin!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2007 2:48:00 PM More reviews by ninjastarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in a rock band, and have had many many make-up artists working on my skin. this is the only foundation that i can wear on stage. when i am on tour, i can put it on in the morning, have interviews, do some tv, do the hour long super sweaty stage show, pat my face dry with a towel, put on a bit of pressed powder to cover shine and do a photo shoot or autograph signings; all without my foundation running down my face, leaving my make-up looking fresh!!! i have oily skin (summer) combo (winter). I was impressed. i live in London, so black people's colours are only sold in the USA. i have it in soft sable. MAC, Lancome, prescriptives, benefit, etc, all good, but none so long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2007 5:52:00 PM More reviews by oknad78

the name infallible says it all...it doesn't fade all day and it also has amazing coverage. i have dark circles and some acne...and it covers so good i end up using little to no concealer! I use it at least 3 times a week!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2007 7:31:00 PM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I first bought Infallible after having a $2.00 off coupon and it being on sale at Target for $10.00. I have to say that when I first tried it, I HATED it. I had been using True Match, which blended perfectly, but didn't give me the coverage that I wanted and didnt stay on as long as I would have liked. After using this foundation with an EoB foundation brush it blends VERY well. I shake before using, and squeeze small amounts of the foundation directly on my skin in a zig zag formation on my cheeks, forehead and nose. It takes a few minutes to get it to blend in, but the key to using Infallible is to not over do it, or it WILL look cakey and streaky. It stays all day, and I have oily skin, so my T-zone does get shiny after a while, but all I do is use blotting paper, and its back to being perfect. I love how it gives my skin a dewy look...just like True Match does.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2007 9:40:00 PM More reviews by mcmunson

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started out with L'Oreal Bare Naturale mineral makeup and HATED it. I exchanged it at Ulta for this, then came here and read the reviews. Uh oh, I thought--people hate this stuff. But I am pleasantly surprised. The color is good, the finish is smooth. It wears very well--I do get oily in the T-zone but any foundation does that. I apply this with an EoB foundation brush and get great coverage. I love the pump bottle. I actually think I'd repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2007 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Desiree11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation. It's neither greasy nor orange. I use Infallible concealer to cover my dark scars and undereye circles (so I don't over-do the foundation and look pasty) and it looks great. Will def buy again!

UPDATE: Ahh... the color is great but it rubs off like crazy. It gets on my fingers, on my shirts, on the shoulders of people I hug, on my purse. It's embarrassing and annoying. I think I'll stop using it. (Sigh)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2007 2:41:00 AM More reviews by kathyklo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the BEST makeup I've ever used, and I've trialed brands like Lancome, Clinique and Prescriptives and found this relatively cheap-o product the best for skin tone match and coverage (I have fair, yellow as opposed to pink toned skin and find it very dificult to find decent foundations, Natural Buff is the colour I used btw).

I think a number of reviewers have gone wrong in wearing moisturiser or primer before applying this makeup, I've found that putting this makeup on over either will result in unsightly 'skidmarks' and greatly reduces its wear, I've also found that the dregs in a nearly empty bottle don't work nearly as well as when its fresh?! Shaking the bottle vigourously before every use seems to ameliorate this problem.

The trick when applying Infallible is to *shake the bottle* and put in straight onto dry, freshly washed skin, quickly! As the foundation sticks and sort of sets, it needs to be applied and spread quickly, as where it dries is where it stays for the next 12 hours or so!

When applied correctly this makeup is long wearing and give my skin a subtle 'glow' and natural texture. I find that when I'm wearing this makeup strangers and customers at work often comment on how clear and bright my skin looks, and assume that its natural (ppffff!).

Judging by the (very) negative reviews this product is receiving, I believe that Infallible is a makeup secret I may just contnue to keep to myself, after all, the fewer people that use it, the better I look in comparison!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2007 4:04:00 AM More reviews by adventureseeker

I will go out on a limb and say I think this covers my skin quite well. Good colour match, and holds very well through the day. My skin does get shiny throughout the day while wearing this, but I haven't found a foundation my skin doesn't get shiny with. It didn't increase the amount of breakouts I get. Have to blend quickly, because it holds quite well!

I have fair combination skin, with breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2007 1:12:00 AM More reviews by xheartx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a Horrible product. It makes your face have a GREY-ish tint. And it DOESNT live up to its name at ALL.
I'm not sure if Loreal sucks or just this product.
it's such a waste of money, and its embarrassing to wear...DONT buy it!
>.<

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2007 5:35:00 PM More reviews by brilliant_brunette18

not ''infallible'' at all for me.the staying power sucks unless i cover myself in thick powder and i think this made me breakout too.it def. irritated my skin and caused those big painful zits-and i dont even have sensitive skin.the coverage is ok but theres better for way cheaper.it took a while for me to find the right match.i settled for nude beige which was a good color,but turns a little orange if i get oily.i didnt get lucky with this at all,but my sister did-she loves it.the formula itself isnt bad tho,its not thick at all.as for me,will not repurchase.