August 1, 2014 | 1770 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - Myth

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by pixieflwr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Myth is a great lipcolor if you're trying to achieve a certain look, which has been described as "The Bridget Bardot Look." MAC's website describes it as a "pale muted peachy beige (satin)." I don't think this lipcolor is for every day office use, because, while it is muted, it isn't natural looking. Like others, I like to wear it with a smokey eye. It does a great job of covering my pigmented lips. My advice to moisturize and exfoliate lips before applying. I also use a nude pink liner, blend and apply gloss. My husband complimented me on the color. I like the satin finish. The staying power is average.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

When I 1st wore this, my Boss liked it so much she went out and bought one for herself.

This color by itself washes me out. BUT, used with Spice lipliner it looks fabulous! I use Spice to line, then apply the l/s, then use the liner again to shadow the outer corners of the lips to create a pouty effect. <3 NC25-30

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by morgan522

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

gorgeous nude color.
i have very pigmented lips, and its a gorgeous peachy pink, so it doesnt just look like concealor lips.. only thing is that you can put it on like lipstick, you kind of have to dab it on to your lips, because its color is so pigmented, but definatley a great nude:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

This is my first MAC lip product. Its very matte and is great for my skintone. The only thing I really don't like is that is a little too matte and a little dry so I usually have to wear some pink shimmery lip gloss over it to give it a little bit more colour. If you're looking for a great nude colour, I'd highly recommend this lipstick!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 6:11:00 AM More reviews by SonyaAdams

While this lipstick does absolutely NOTHING for me (except make me look a bit dead), it's a great addition in my kit. I've had only two clients ever be able to pull it off with just clear gloss over it, but using different colors of lipglass usually makes it a very usable nude.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by ellesk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not expect to ever purchase this product, much less love it... but it seems that MAC tends to surprise me like that!
I was really hesitant when it came to buying this color - I had seen some FOTD's where I thought it looked really lovely, and others which had completely turned me off from the product altogether. But whenever I went to my MAC counter, I would inevitably end up swatching Myth without realizing what it was... so I eventually gave in and bought it. And, the lesson learned here is that it's *all about the application*.
I always put on a moisturizing chapstick on underneath (something akin to the texture of Blistex Silk & Shine or Nivea A Kiss of Moisture - something with a bit of a glossy finish) and then I apply a layer of Myth over the top. I tend to smooth out the product with my fingers, just to get rid of any harsh lines... and if my lips are being particularly stubborn, I'll put a clear gloss over the top to really get a nice, even application. It just adds a little something to my lips and pulls my look together!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by jtbtth2me

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love love
perfect nude colour I have been searching for
after hearing good things i got this wen i returned my mac containers for recycling so many shades to choose from but this was def the best choice
dont need much at all just gives that extra smething to your lips
nice satin finish can be drying to make sure lips are well moisturised before applying!
wldnt buy again
EDIT -actually find it toooo drying my lips wld go for something more moisturising nex time

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by brittanyannb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this as a nude color on my lips. It was my first lipstick purchase from MAC and overall the quality is good. I will say though that it can be verrrrrrry drying. How I apply mine is i put one coat on my top and lower lips and rub in with my fingers a bit, then I use a lip balm and rub some over it with my fingers to blend in more so it does not look so matte and dry. It looks great after I do that! So if your looking for a nude lipstick that really washes out your lip color, get thiis!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by withdiamonds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a perfect pinky-nude color. The texture is so creamy and it has pretty good lasting power. When I'm really tan, it clashes with my skin but in a good way that's sort of hard to describe. It works with multiple skin tones and is perfect just for a casual day out. Some people might expect more out of this lipstick, but it's just a true nude color. It's a very honest color and isn't too "flashy" and "out there".

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by MissLindseyTay

I LOVE this lipstick! I'm fair skinned, and I still love this. It doesn't wash me out AT ALL. I have really pinky/red lips naturally, and sometimes I feel as though my natural lip color is just too much, this lipstick is perfect for me. I recommend this color if you have more fair/medium skin. LOOOOOVE!