MAC Satin Lipstick - Myth

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

on 8/17/2009 10:53:00 PM

i LOVE this lippie ! it is a lighter colour than my natural lip colour.. but i LIKE my lippies like that, even though other people might say it looks "like a corpse" i use it over my MAC "oak" lip pencil and i think it looks great!
i would definitely reccomend this lipstick for anyone with my light-medium skin tone or lighter skin tones.
pair it with a great gloss and you'll look & feel great wearing it !

Great for a neutral look but combined with lipgloss only, otherwise, it looks very dry. Would be better if it had more moisture in it. But that's why it's called satin for a reason.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Im not a lip stick girl but when i tryed myth at a mac counter i just had to have it and now its my favorite lipstick, cant live with out it. I like to play up my eyes a lot so myth looks perfect on me..it can get a little dry and flacky so i recomend using a lip balm under this or a lip gloss over it, also make sure to exfoliate your lips using a soft tooth brush with a small amount of sugar and gently brush your lips. your lips will be super soft & lip stick ready:)

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

tried this on once at a MAC counter
looked super pretty in the tube
hateddd it on , it looked way too orange
so i bought blankety instead
i've seen many gorgeous looks with myth lately
so i decided to give it another try
bought it today and tried it on when i got home
i love it , my new fave lipstick
cant wait to try it with diff. lipglosses and looks

on 8/13/2009 2:12:00 AM

Love the color for a nude lip look but it didnt really show up on my top lip since its more pigmented than my bottom lip. Whenever I wear this my lips tend to flake and the texture is really REALLY dry.

on 8/12/2009 4:27:00 PM

It's with uttermost gravity that I declare: Myth means serious business. And with over 200 reviews, I see it's of some common importance for us lippie-loving beauties.

You're no doubt on the hunt, foraging for that one ultimate shade of nude to out-nude all others, sagely comparing formulas, shades and finishes, holding onto your pennies until you meet the one that will romance your lips like no other lothario, but if you've zoomed in on Myth online - Stop! - I pray, because Myth mayn't be your perfect nude.

My quest for that everyday natural-nay-not-invisible pout may be over (oh, how boring has life been since...), but is it Myth? Sorely not. Apart from Christmas '08, it's been nothing more than a handful of one-night stands. The poor thing sits forlornly in my drawer, shiny and rejected. Why? I sense you wonder, well, as perfectly peachy as it may be (texture, shade, and price are spot on), my Myth-ened lips do something myth-ical, and may do similar to yours. The lipstick, a magician's baton, washes away all colouring and, voila, the lips do a disappearing act.

Suffice to say, I'd need to muster more strength wearing Myth than emboldened, "Look at me!" Mac Red a la Dita Von Teese. I concede, a most splendid colour on porcelain and Scandinavian colouring with true oyster-pink pouts (ugh, you undeserving lot), but on rosy like mine or darker, Myth shouts, nay, screeches: 'I am doing lipstick, and wrongly'. Not natural, not desirable.

No biggie if you've erred like me, the shade is delightful for powdery dolly cheeks, so do with it as a sheer blush for a girlie flush. Very Barbara Cartland (minus her garish pastel blue peepers, of course). What's more, BB's Beige (Creamy Lipstick) loves me measurably more, creamy and loving for warm undertones. Go seek there, it's frightfully wearable.

How does one describe its colour perfection? Well, seductively nude, Myth is a mesmerising nude pink-cum-beige, fleshy-toned and for the fearless. Not as daredevil as MAC's Blankety (only for fashionistas and vampires, the colour is, erm, blank), this is a good compromise for nude-lovers who don't do theatrical makeup.

On dry lips (be more vigilant with the balms, beauties!), do toothbrush-scuff and prep the lips beforehand or better yet, go for luscious Mac's Creme de Nude, a colour-match and lip-nourishing alternative.

The Satin finish troubles me - greatly (embarrassing, but c'est la vie). Difficult to apply though the texture is a smoothie, it's not creamy so prepare to do lots of buffing with a quality brush.You can't apply straight from stick and smack your lips on-the-go with this beauty, this is for die-hard beauties willing to buff, blot, powder, buff, blot, powder etc., that old mantra, seems the only solution for all-day wear. (Oh Mac, I sigh, we don't have the time....) Skip the Lip Fix too, gloss would be Myth's ruin. (If you so desire glossy nude, their Lacquer in Babied is the one)

Myth, a grand fashionable lipstick, but natural enough for shy porcelain beauties.

on 8/12/2009 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

For my skin tone (NC25-30) its pretty great! I bought several of these just because I love it so much. I wear Loreal Glam Shine Juice "juice sand" over it and pair it with a sultry dark smokey eye and I'm good to go. MYTH is a holy grail for me as I wear this look alot. One of MACs best lipsticks IMO!

on 8/12/2009 1:48:00 PM

At first I did not like this one at all. :( I am EXTREMELY pale, and the first time I tried Myth it was just too dark for me. Then one day I figured I would try it again, and it seems to work for me now :) I don't spend much time in the sun, and when I do, I don't really tan.. so I know it wasn't that! ;D Since I absolutely LOVE the "no-lips" look along with a smokey eye, I sometimes put just a little concealer over the top of Myth to make it even lighter. Works wonderfully and now I just ove it to death. :) Very very long lasting, lasts all day!

on 8/12/2009 3:25:00 AM

I wish I could love this lipstick, but I just can't! I'm an NC40 and this is wayy too nude for my skintone, when I put it on it wipes out my lip color completely and makes me look really sick. I'd recommend this for someone with fair skin (NC 25 or under). The best way I've found to use this lipstick is to lightly dab it on my lips then apply some lipgloss.. other than that, it's not a pretty sight on my lips.

HATE this lippie...doesn't work on naturally pigmented lips! OMG I look like death walking...NOT attractive in the least! :(

Recommended for Medium Skin