April 24, 2014 | 1384 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - Myth

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by ellesk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not expect to ever purchase this product, much less love it... but it seems that MAC tends to surprise me like that!
I was really hesitant when it came to buying this color - I had seen some FOTD's where I thought it looked really lovely, and others which had completely turned me off from the product altogether. But whenever I went to my MAC counter, I would inevitably end up swatching Myth without realizing what it was... so I eventually gave in and bought it. And, the lesson learned here is that it's *all about the application*.
I always put on a moisturizing chapstick on underneath (something akin to the texture of Blistex Silk & Shine or Nivea A Kiss of Moisture - something with a bit of a glossy finish) and then I apply a layer of Myth over the top. I tend to smooth out the product with my fingers, just to get rid of any harsh lines... and if my lips are being particularly stubborn, I'll put a clear gloss over the top to really get a nice, even application. It just adds a little something to my lips and pulls my look together!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by jtbtth2me

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love love
perfect nude colour I have been searching for
after hearing good things i got this wen i returned my mac containers for recycling so many shades to choose from but this was def the best choice
dont need much at all just gives that extra smething to your lips
nice satin finish can be drying to make sure lips are well moisturised before applying!
wldnt buy again
EDIT -actually find it toooo drying my lips wld go for something more moisturising nex time

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by brittanyannb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this as a nude color on my lips. It was my first lipstick purchase from MAC and overall the quality is good. I will say though that it can be verrrrrrry drying. How I apply mine is i put one coat on my top and lower lips and rub in with my fingers a bit, then I use a lip balm and rub some over it with my fingers to blend in more so it does not look so matte and dry. It looks great after I do that! So if your looking for a nude lipstick that really washes out your lip color, get thiis!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by withdiamonds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a perfect pinky-nude color. The texture is so creamy and it has pretty good lasting power. When I'm really tan, it clashes with my skin but in a good way that's sort of hard to describe. It works with multiple skin tones and is perfect just for a casual day out. Some people might expect more out of this lipstick, but it's just a true nude color. It's a very honest color and isn't too "flashy" and "out there".

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by MissLindseyTay

I LOVE this lipstick! I'm fair skinned, and I still love this. It doesn't wash me out AT ALL. I have really pinky/red lips naturally, and sometimes I feel as though my natural lip color is just too much, this lipstick is perfect for me. I recommend this color if you have more fair/medium skin. LOOOOOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by DazzleStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't understand why people would say this washes them out/ makes them look dead etc. When you look at myth at the mac store you can see it is SUPER light and so if you don't want that ultra nude lip WHY BUY IT? Anyways i think its perfect for making your lips completely toned down if you want to play up your eyes. Another wonderful thing about myth is, that because its so light you can actually put coloured glosses over it to get customised lip colors which looks fantastic.
Its really creamy too so you have to be careful to make sure you blend out the edges - but i definately recommend Myth for everyone!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by kittykat731

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My #1 lipstick!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by PinkSoFoxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Greatest Nude Lipstick Ever Made! I'm all about the nude mouth look and I have many nude lipsticks but Myth is my all-time favorite. My lips are naturally quite pink and Myth tones them down perfectly. It's just the right shade and creamy consistency for my medium skintone. Since it is a satin and goes on semi-matte, I always like to used a touch of lipgloss over it to achieve plumper more luscious looking lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by ames1001

love this a lot! not drying and not an overly white toned nude only thing is i think you loose a bit of pigmentation to the fact it is a creamy sheer formula but i think matt is the opposite - so so so close to being perfect and even closer with a gloss but it is such a beautiful colour and finish it feels wrong to put gloss over this!- anyway please ignore my ramblings and go get one of these- (nc15 beige yellow undertones)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Sumshine88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up during the SUMO sale...MAC lipstick for 12$?? YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!
I seriously wish I bought 5..or 500. This is my first MAC lipstick *gasp* and I love it to bits! Smooth, creamy, and not a nasty-nude that washes me out (I'm olive-skinned, yellow undertones). I have been dying for a nude lipstick, i had been using concealer to nude out my pigmented lips but they would always get that nasty white goop (what *IS* that stuff. yuck)
Love it. <3
OH. and it looks amazing with oyster girl by MAC also :)