July 25, 2014 | 994 users online

Skincare - Body - Bio Oil - All Products

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2010 5:22:00 AM More reviews by treeolive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have stretch marks on my thighs, and i used this product and basically it didnt make any difference at all!!!! very disapointing!

I wouldnt recommend it at all for scars or stretchmarks.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 9:18:00 AM More reviews by batforlashes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Due to an allergic reaction I've had some pretty nasty scars on my thights.
When I heard of this product i decided to give it a go and hoped for the best.
Now I've been using it for about three months and the scars are gone to my suprise!
I am very pleased with this product, however the packaging should really come with a pump.
And ladies, please keep in mind that it says on the bottle you have to use it for three months to se any difference. So don't judge it before that time.
Lovely product, you should definitly give it a go!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by danielleashleyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best product I have used to treat scares. I attempted to groom my cat, and it resulted in him scratching my chest and leaving a massive scar. It has faded significantly since I have started applying this on a regular basis!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by helloagain1990

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Updated- After a few more weeks use of Bio Oil, I discovered it gave me blackheads. It's now used as an after shower treatment only for my arms and legs.

I adore Bio Oil. It makes my skin so soft & so very smooth. I have no issues with breakouts with this product. It completely soaks in within an hour as long as you don't slather it on. A few drops is all you need.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by melloh

I bought this b/c I have post-inflammatory pigmentation (brown spots) from some bug bites. The fact that the instructions recommend AT LEAST 3 months of use suggests to me that they are just relying on the body's natural healing time. This is just a bunch of vitamin and herbal oils. For faster results, I would suggest AHA, BHA, retinoids, or vitamin C. If you want to stick to vitamin and herbal oils/creams, I think there are a lot better ones out there that are more elegant and soak in better.

Btw, I am acne prone and IMHO, I would NOT use this on my face. Isopropyl Myristate is listed near the top of the ingredients (which means it's a main ingredient) and it is categorized as comedogenic (pore clogging). Also, I have found that Vitamin E makes my face bumpy (not acne, just bumpy). This isn't true for everyone though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

One of my cousin told me to use Bio-Oil as a face moisturizer, she said it made her skin feel soo smooth and hydrated. So I went out and purchased it and did exactly what she advice. I was not keen on the idea of applying oil on my face regardless of how hydrating it is. Boy did I regret it, I had lumps and bumps forming on my face, and no it was not pimples, my eyelid formed something like a plucked chicken skin texture, and in about a week I looked like the lizard women. I ceased use immediately and within a week it all disappear. I was about to give it to my cousin, it is better with her then me.
6 months later I use the Bio-Oil as a massage oil for my partner who has extremely dry skin, no lotion or cream could help him the poor thing. the next day I notice his skin was soo hydrated, he was not cracking and flaking like he usually does, soo I continue use for him. Within a week his skin stopped bleeding due to cracks. I thought I'll give it another try on my body, and it was a miracle, it softens my skin, and hydrates it. I cant live without it, I dont know why it did not work on my face (not willing to try it again for my face).
Would I buy it again? Yes, it works like a miracle for my partner. As for scares and stretch marks, I did not see any of scars or stretch marks fading or disappearing. I like it because it helped my partner skin a lot.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by happibliss

I was so excited to buy this product when I first got it. I had some scars here and there, from getting hurt, accidents, and acne scars on my face. So I thought this would be the end to my worry of scars.
I started putting in on all my major scars every morning and evening, twice a day, like the instructions suggest. I did this routine for quite a while, and I didn't really pay attention to the the results because I knew that I would have to wait a while for the results to kick in.
Then, I don't know how long it was after I used it, but my face broke out. Pretty badly. For me, that is. My face isn't acne-prone, and I don't have horrible skin. However, what I realized was on my face, tracing EXACTLY where I applied my Bio Oil, were red&angry zits. I stopped using it for a while because I didn't know if that was the cause of them. Soon, the zits cleared. I started using the Bio Oil again to test it, and sure enough, the zits came back.

On other parts of my body, like my arms and legs, I can't really say if the scars are fading because of time or because of Bio Oil. I'll just have to keep using it.

Oh, a huge plus is that Bio Oil will last you FOREVER. If you're not buying it because of the price, FORGET ABOUT THAT. It depends on the the size of the scar, but one little tiny drop of Bio Oil can cover at least two of my scars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used this product as an intensive serum/moisturizer, as my skin has a tendency to get dry and flaky and NOTHING can stop it. My favourite makeup guru mentioned she was using it as she also has dry skin, so I figure why not. I had heard so much about this product regarding scar fading, and I liked going a little more natural with my skincare.

Unfortunately, I broke out SO BAD with this product. Not only was I getting pimples on my forehead and chin like I hadn't had since I took fish oil supplements, but my pores were also BLACK. I know purging is common with new skin treatments, but this was disgusting. I had to stop using it after a week.

This may fade scars, I don't know (it didn't on my face but one week is hardly enough time). However for a face product, it was horrendous for me.

It is a great oil for the body, though. I LOVE the smell, I guess I'm crazy. It is quite hydrating so I will probably use this one my cuticles, knees, elbows, and scars and see what happens from there.

EDIT: This is an amazing oil for minimizing the appearance of scars. After getting a kitten, my hands and feet were covered in play-scratches. I used this as they were healing, and you can't see the scratches anymore. No scarring, nothing. My cat also decided to jump on me, claws out, a couple months ago, and leave some lovely scratches on my pale chest. You cannot see any evidence of this now.

I think the trick may be to use this product while the scratch/whatever it is you want to use it on is still healing. I have used it on VERY small patches on my face where I have a healing blemish, and it has without a doubt helped get rid of any scarring. On old acne scars though, it's had no effect.

I still don't use it all over my face though, unless I want a great break-out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 6:13:00 AM More reviews by ns4487

I didn't like this product. I was hoping that it would fade my acne marks, and it did nothing but feel greasy and break me out. Plus it has mineral oil in it, and from what ive read, its not great to put on your skin. in terms of acne mark fading, i have had much better results with natural products such as rosehip oil, vitamin e and vitamin c. would not recommend this to anyone as it did nothing for my skin. might work on stretch marks, but i didnt use it this way

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 5:40:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

I used this as a moisturising oil all over my body (not the face). It has a similar texture to mineral oil/baby oil but a bit lighter. I am not blown away by this. It didn't insulate my skin completely to prevent dryness. Even though it wasn't bad, I just don't think it was worth the high price. Won't buy again.