Bio Oil All Products

3.5

Botanicals Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil) Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil) Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil) Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil) Vitamins Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) Oil base Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) Triisononanoin Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate Isopropyl Myristate Glycine Soja Oil Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil BHT Bisabolol Fragrance (Rose) Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone Amyl Cinnamal Benzyl Salicylate Citronellol Coumarin Eugenol Farnesol Geraniol Hydroxycitronellal Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde Limonene Linalool Color (Orange) D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100)

I have some pretty major stretch marks on the insides of my thighs and they're pretty unsightly so I decided that I would invest in some and get rid of them once and for all but unfortunately it did absolutely nothing to help them. Made my skin soft but that's it. Extremely disappointed..

on 3/9/2011 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My mum uses this product for dry skin, so thought I would try it out on the scar on my knee as it claims to reduce the appearance of them. Since the scar on my knee was a bit newer than the other scars on my skin, it did an okay job in lightening the scar and after about 4 weeks using it twice a day, the scar is now pretty faint and you can barely see it unless you look super closely. So, with that success, I thought I would try it on an older scar and stretchmarks and it doesn't work! It only seems to work on fresh scars. Weird. It is a little greasy if you use too much, so use it sparingly and it will absorb into the skin. I also used this on my cuticles, and around my nail bed. It softened the skin around there too. I wouldn't buy this again, as I find Palmer's Cocoa butter gives better results for scars/stretchmarks and that for dry skin Vaseline does a pretty good job for a much cheaper price.

on 2/24/2011 7:12:00 PM

Been massaging this stuff religiously twice daily for 2 months on the stretch marks that i acquired on my bum from weight fluctuations, and have noticed some fading. I dont know if its my imagination since my stretch marks are whitish in color against my pale skin so its harder to distinguish in the winter time when im not tan. Will keep using it to see what happens.

on 2/10/2011 12:30:00 PM

I think it does help fade marks and scars but using it is so messy and gets expensive over time. I would use it if I was pregnant though, and it would be great if they made a cream version that would be less greasy and go on more like a lotion

on 2/10/2011 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is amazing! I bought this and tried to use it everyday while pregnant to prevent stretch marks. I did end up with three tiny stretch marks on my tummy, but I conituned use of this after the birth of my son and those have faded to nearly nothing! It has an odd smell to me, not bad just odd but even though it's oil its not super greasy (like baby oil or whatever). I LOVE this stuff for acne scars and pigmentation issues (also from pregnancy). It is awesome and I always keep a bottle on hand!

on 2/10/2011 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is my go-to product if i have any minor to major skin discoloration. It's an oil base but it doesn't feel oily when rubbed onto my skin. You have to use it very consistently to see results though. If you're the type to try new skin care products often, and are impatient with results Bio Oil isn't for you. It's quite pricey, even for the smallest bottle but don't be fooled, this will last you a very long time. It can be hard to find in many stores, often it's sold out or on the bottom shelf, or even mixed in with first aid ointments. Overall, it's a great product that I would purchase again.

bought this in the summer at giant tiger (its cheaper there than at walmart) and im very impressed. I havent been using it that much anymore because i'm lazy, but for the amount i've used it, im amazed.

I have stretch marks on my inner thighs and i've had them since i was about 12. They have turned a dark purple colour over the years, and because i'm a dancer, people always see my legs. I've been really self-conscious in the summer as well due to short shorts. I use bio oil on these stretch marks and theyre beginning to fade!

pros:
-smells good
-works
-easy to find at stores
-inexpensive
-lasts a long time
cons:
-very oily/ greasy

i tried to use this on my face for acne scarring, but the bio oil made me break out. I think i broke out because it was too much for my already-oily skin to handle. by all means try this product - it works wonders.
thanks bio oil, you're amazing

on 2/3/2011 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this last summer to prevent a mild scrape on my leg from turning into a scar. I used this as directed but a scar still formed (it looks like I have a bruise on my thigh). I expected some discolouration but I don't feel that Bio Oil helped at all.

To use up my bottle, I decided to use it as a makeup remover to be followed with a cleanser. A week later, I have small bumps on my face where I never get bumps. I'm not sure but it seems to be an allergic reaction..? I'm thinking perhaps it could be the fragrance that irritated my skin. So it's now sitting in my fridge waiting for someone who wants to swap for it.

I am in the boat with the others who believe that Bio Oil is just glorified mineral oil. For those people who it "worked" for, my personal opinion is that mineral oil would probably be just as effective. The fading of scars people experience are most likely due to a combination of massage with oil + TIME. Not b/c of the Bio Oil. Would NOT re-buy.

on 2/3/2011 1:08:00 AM

Bio Oil is kind of a miracle! I was lucky not to have acne as a teen. Now that I am 35+ :) I started getting really bad adult, cystic acne! They are taking months to heal, and when they do go away...they are leaving deep red, almost maroon scars. I have been seeing my Dermatologist 2x a week for injections, Blue Light Treatment and Retin-A. I have been using Bio-Oil morning and night for about a week...and my acne scarring is already going away. Seriously! I love the feel, smell and performance of this product. I now even use it as my all over body moisturizer. A great find!!

I will add the slew of commens and reinforce the fact that this stuff is fantastic for minimizing the appearance of scar tissue.

Great alternative use: Severely chapped Lips. Put a dab on at night before going to bed and you'll have soft lips in the morning that will take you to at least the early afternoon before you have to re-apply balm.

Popular Body Skincare Products