October 31, 2014 | 1532 users online

Skincare - Body - Bio Oil - All Products

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by adrota

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Well I cant say much about it actually. I am not sure if it causes break outs or not. I mean I already am having active break outs as with or w/o this so its hard to tell. It does hydrate a little bit but nothing special. I use it to message my skin sometimes. The pigmented flat post acne spots may lessen a little over time but that may be due to the moisturizing aspect of it & the whole rubbing it in. But i doubt it will do any good to more serious scars. Have not tried it on stretch marks yet but might. too pricey for all the good it does if at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by zeppelin15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff certainly does work at fading any redness on my face from acne, but the only problem is that if I apply too much, it causes more acne!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by JGuan56

IT WORKS! And it works well! It smells very clean and gets rid of the scars quickly! It great enough said!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 3:03:00 AM More reviews by pewpew01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG THIS WAS A TOTAAAAAAL LIFE SAVER ON MY ACNE SCARS!

So I have been ONLY using this for a week and this has faded my acne scars like crazy! I'm so happy but I've been not only using this but I've applied lemon, honey and iced my face and then I moisturized and added bio oil before I slept. I was eager to wake up every morning to notice the results and they cleared up! I'm still not done but it's almost all gone. Then I used C&C morning burst cleanser and st ives exfoliator and applied along with impruv derma cream.

My skin is very dry and I get alot of whiteheads but rarely any acne. I wore compressed powder and then i stopped when I realized they clogged my pores. Anybody who has acne scars try this! Drink plenty of water as well! goodluck :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This broke me out. Badly. It was disgusting! Please for the love of all that is good and moisturizing DO NOT USE THIS!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by oolaa1

this is a good product for hydrating skin , it hydrates it immediately. but for scares you do have to wait quite a long times before it fades . for stretch marks it only fades it , but it doesn't take it all away .

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

I really didn't find this product a must in my routine (either face or body). I could not see much difference on my face, if at all. And as a body moisturiser, it is just not good enough. Don't fall into that hype, the price is not worth for something as plain as that. I way prefer an oil like the lucy minerals ambrosia multi-tasking, decleor, or any other oil and with natural ingredients in..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

as of today i've only been using this product for 3 days, twice a day, but i figured i'd go ahead and write a preliminary review and then update after i've used it a while longer.

i apply it after i wash my face at night with a salicylic acid cleanser, and REALLY massage it in, and it serves as a great moisturizer. i then apply it again in the morning... of course, by "morning" i mean noon or so =)

i'm not bothered by the smell, as it goes away shortly after putting it on. and i know a lot of the other reviewers said they didnt like the packaging, but i actually like it-- it makes it easy to just put your finger on the little hole, and flip it upside down to get the oil on your finger, and then apply it from there.

a little is all you need-- i use maybe about 3 drops or so for my whole face. and you really have to rub it to get it to soak in. but even with my oily skin, i dont find it to be at all greasy after its on for a few minutes or so.

i'm using it on my face to (hopefully) get rid of indented scars from acne, and to lighten my freckles, and on my lower stomach for some fresh stretchmarks.

some of the other reviewers said it broke them out b/c it was so oily, but i think that maybe the reason i'm not getting broken out from it is b/c i use the salicylic acid cleanser every night to really clean out my pores. **shrugs** who knows?

as of yet i have no new breakouts as a result of using bio-oil, and my skin is soft and well-moisturized. no apparent lightening of freckles or smoothing of indented scars, but it HAS only been 3 days, so we'll see how it does after a while! wish me luck!

UPDATE: (6 days later)
ok, so i had heard a LOT of reviewers say that they got bad breakouts from using this, and i just wanted to update and say that i'm still using it twice a day every day, and do not have ANY new breakouts b/c of it. in fact, i think my skin is actually LESS oily than it was before. i know, this is an oil, so thats really wierd, right? but i used to wake up in the morning with oily skin, and now i dont-- so go figure. As for clearing up scars and lightening freckles, i THINK i'm seeing some results, but that may just be wishful thinking. will update again later!

UPDATE (after a total of 2 months of use)
after diligent, twice-a-day use for 2 months, i found that the indented scars on my face from acne were only very slightly improved. the freckles and skin diccoloration were not really improved at all. i've also used this on a couple stretch marks on my stomach, and there was absolutely no change. having said that, i have some hypertrophic (raised) scars on my chest that have greatly smoothed out. i've stopped using this on my face, but have continued to use it once a day on my chest scars.
and even after 2 months of daily use, theres still about 85% left!

UPDATE (after 5 months of use)
great for raised scars, but does very little for indented scars, and NOTHING for stretch marks. also great as a face moisturizer though, and i have oily, acne-prone skin that didnt break out from it.
knocking this down from 4 to 3 stars though, b/c i think ANY oil rubbed in twice a day will help raised scars, and it isnt my FAVORITE moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by msmakeupdream

I have to tell you ladies.. this is a must. I am oily skin and i had breakouts by my jawline. It looked awful ,conceiler didnt even do the trick. It made it look worst.. I even used Ambi lotion to remove scars and it stunk and it was a pain to use. the smell was so bad..

I purchased bio oil 06/21/10 and i use it twice a day morning and nite. smells good too .. the smell is not overpowering. and needed to say that it doesnt stain your pillow. It works girls!!!!! my scars are basically not even there it looks like freckles.. i am so happy i founnd this product..
I do recomend it ... but u have to do it faithfully.. morning and before bedtime.. I guess that is why it worked.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by abussell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've used this product for almost a year. I was hoping it would get rid of my acne scars but it doesn't really only a little. Also, looking back I believe this product was the cause of my break outs. After reading through the reviews here, I was surprised to discover that that bio oil contains isopropyl myristate which confirms my suspicion of the break outs. Plus I'm a horrible picker so you see, bio oil > break outs > picking....no wonder my dream of flawless skin wasn't working out. On the plus side, I do like how it smells and I think it did even out my skin tone. Will never repurchase.