August 30, 2014 | 1347 users online

Skincare - Body - Bio Oil - All Products

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by bunbunboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this on my face for acne scars but it broke me out so I got new spots and clogged pores. I now use a good quality olive oil which makes my skin soft and smooth and doesn't cause more acne. It's much cheaper too.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2010 3:46:00 AM More reviews by iLoveU

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i using this oil about a month, and i just feel , it did nothing on my acne scar, but this oil doesnt broke me out. this oil just like baby oil..not repurchase again..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by snowrabbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

For Face: I've tried this on my face both as a serum and a moisturizer. As a moisturizer: I woke up the next morning looking as rosy as Santa Claus and I had a blemish on my cheek, which is somewhere I don't normally get blemishes. As a serum with a moisturizer on top: it was far too much for my skin and I was left with an oily residue.

For Body: I ended up using this as a body moisturizer. The box says that Bio-Oil is supposed to fade scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, aging skin and dehydrated skin. This is supposed to happen if it is used twice daily for three months, which unfortunately I wasn't able to commit to. I do have some scars on my legs and they didn't seem to fade at all. But then again I didn't exactly follow the directions (twice daily is hard to commit to on a busy schedule!). I have to say that Bio-Oil did seem to soften my skin a bit and made it velvety to the touch.
One thing to note is that if you have any cuts or broken skin, bio-oil will irritate it. I had a slight cut on my knee from a hike that I hadn't really noticed and bio-oil caused a cyst to form.

Overall: The price is reasonable- $14 CAD for 60ml, which lasted me about six months. The packaging is alright although there was some leakage. I like the scent, it's very soft and almost smells like roses and baby powder combined. Not sure if I would repurchase- it is definitely not HG material because I found it too oily. I'd recommend trying it though, because it seems like the type of product that would work well for specific people.

Ingredients: Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Triisononannoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuss (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, BHT, Bisabolol, Parfum (Fragrance), CI 26100 (Red 17).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by tsth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am never able to use oils on my face due to them making me breakout, but this one does not do that. It does absorb well and you don't need much at all. If applied lightly you will get that dewy glow that you see a lot of this summer. Very nice moisturizing product. I purchased as an anti-aging help....I like the results so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2010 5:22:00 AM More reviews by treeolive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have stretch marks on my thighs, and i used this product and basically it didnt make any difference at all!!!! very disapointing!

I wouldnt recommend it at all for scars or stretchmarks.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 9:18:00 AM More reviews by batforlashes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Due to an allergic reaction I've had some pretty nasty scars on my thights.
When I heard of this product i decided to give it a go and hoped for the best.
Now I've been using it for about three months and the scars are gone to my suprise!
I am very pleased with this product, however the packaging should really come with a pump.
And ladies, please keep in mind that it says on the bottle you have to use it for three months to se any difference. So don't judge it before that time.
Lovely product, you should definitly give it a go!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by danielleashleyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best product I have used to treat scares. I attempted to groom my cat, and it resulted in him scratching my chest and leaving a massive scar. It has faded significantly since I have started applying this on a regular basis!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by helloagain1990

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Updated- After a few more weeks use of Bio Oil, I discovered it gave me blackheads. It's now used as an after shower treatment only for my arms and legs.

I adore Bio Oil. It makes my skin so soft & so very smooth. I have no issues with breakouts with this product. It completely soaks in within an hour as long as you don't slather it on. A few drops is all you need.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by melloh

I bought this b/c I have post-inflammatory pigmentation (brown spots) from some bug bites. The fact that the instructions recommend AT LEAST 3 months of use suggests to me that they are just relying on the body's natural healing time. This is just a bunch of vitamin and herbal oils. For faster results, I would suggest AHA, BHA, retinoids, or vitamin C. If you want to stick to vitamin and herbal oils/creams, I think there are a lot better ones out there that are more elegant and soak in better.

Btw, I am acne prone and IMHO, I would NOT use this on my face. Isopropyl Myristate is listed near the top of the ingredients (which means it's a main ingredient) and it is categorized as comedogenic (pore clogging). Also, I have found that Vitamin E makes my face bumpy (not acne, just bumpy). This isn't true for everyone though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

One of my cousin told me to use Bio-Oil as a face moisturizer, she said it made her skin feel soo smooth and hydrated. So I went out and purchased it and did exactly what she advice. I was not keen on the idea of applying oil on my face regardless of how hydrating it is. Boy did I regret it, I had lumps and bumps forming on my face, and no it was not pimples, my eyelid formed something like a plucked chicken skin texture, and in about a week I looked like the lizard women. I ceased use immediately and within a week it all disappear. I was about to give it to my cousin, it is better with her then me.
6 months later I use the Bio-Oil as a massage oil for my partner who has extremely dry skin, no lotion or cream could help him the poor thing. the next day I notice his skin was soo hydrated, he was not cracking and flaking like he usually does, soo I continue use for him. Within a week his skin stopped bleeding due to cracks. I thought I'll give it another try on my body, and it was a miracle, it softens my skin, and hydrates it. I cant live without it, I dont know why it did not work on my face (not willing to try it again for my face).
Would I buy it again? Yes, it works like a miracle for my partner. As for scares and stretch marks, I did not see any of scars or stretch marks fading or disappearing. I like it because it helped my partner skin a lot.