Bio Oil All Products

3.5

Botanicals Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil) Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil) Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil) Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil) Vitamins Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) Oil base Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) Triisononanoin Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate Isopropyl Myristate Glycine Soja Oil Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil BHT Bisabolol Fragrance (Rose) Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone Amyl Cinnamal Benzyl Salicylate Citronellol Coumarin Eugenol Farnesol Geraniol Hydroxycitronellal Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde Limonene Linalool Color (Orange) D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100)

on 1/20/2011 4:18:00 PM

This stuff is amazing, it has so many different uses.. but the best thing it does is HEAL ACNE SCARS!!! This really works for that, it completely faded my scarring and I started seeing it doing so after two nights. Some people have said that you need to keep using it even after the scars have faded to keep the results, I don't know how that is possible, once they are gone, they're gone. I have stopped using it on my scarring and it didn't come back. Another thing I love to use this for is adding it to bathwater. It makes for a very moisturizing bath and just a couple drops are needed. I have used this to prevent razor burn, on razor burn, dry skin (especially on my nose when I get a cold), on rashes... and I am still discovering uses. For $20 a bottle, you definitely get your money out of it. After using it on all these things, I still have about 80% of the bottle left. No wonder it's a cult favorite.

on 1/17/2011 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I came across this in Ulta one day. I was looking for an alternative to Mederma, and picked this up. I am so glad I did. I have a small mound of scar tissue on the inside of my left calf. I have no idea how it got there, I just noticed it one day. I went straight to the doctor to get it checked out, because like an idiot I used tanning beds a lot when I was younger. The doctor informed me it was scar tissue and I could try Mederma to lessen it's appearance. So I used Mederma for awhile and it helped a bit, but not as much as I would like. So I picked up Bio Oil. (not to say Mederma is not a great product. I used it on my son's scar from having open heart surgery and that was a miracle worker on him. You can barely even see it, it just didn't work as well on me.)
Now let me say that I have been using this twice a day for over a year, so it definitely takes some time and consistency. But the results are amazing. What was once a dark pinkish colored scar that was raised and about the diameter of a pencil eraser is now a pale colored mark that is flat and much smaller. I have also started putting it on a scar on my knee that I have had since I was a kid and that one also looks much better. I have barely used any product too. The bottle is still at least 3/4's full. If I need to, I will definitely repurchase.

on 1/16/2011 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use bio oil as a pre-cleanse to get my sunscreen off. It makes my skin soft to touch, but I don't think I will use it as a leave on treatment on my face as it's basically mineral oil which is incompatible with my acne prone skin. It's quite oily, but it's ok I can always wash it off with my cetaphil. :) 3 stars.

on 1/11/2011 2:19:00 AM

I first bought bio oil maybe a year ago to get rid of stretch marks caused by emotional weight gain but i didn't think anything of it most likely cause i didn't stick with it for long and just shrugged it off and threw it in my drawer of never to be used things. So my weight has kind of fluctuated up and down since moving to another country because my lifestyle is different and therefore eating and exercise habits change. I've managed to control this now and I can honestly tell you that: people say you get stretch marks when you gain a bunch of weight your skin can't handle, and when you lose a bunch of weight. I can tell you that you get a million times more stretch marks gaining than you will by losing. But if you wanna skip stretch marks altogether, I suggest losing weight gradually rather than aggressively like I did. I lost about 10-15 lbs in 3 weeks just through diet. I'm not really the bigger type but when i lose control of what i eat, i tend to eat a whole lot of junk and gain weight. But otherwise, my metabolism is pretty fast. All I did to lose the weight was eat healthier and removing junk completely from my life. So fast-forward maybe 2 months now... I'm back to my original size but i'm stuck with these stretch marks from when i gained all that weight (thanks mom for the lovely genes). And i say "well what else am i supposed to do?" while staring at my bottle of bio oil. So I started using it for 2 weeks and I started to see a difference. My stretch marks weren't purple or anything but they were dark enough that when I wore shorts you could see some ugliness along my inner thighs and the back of my thighs below my butt. It got to a point where even my dad would be like "you need to do something about those marks".. and my dad NEVER comments on how i look! So 2 weeks later, i noticed my stretch marks actually faded from a pink to barely even pink and mostly to those white stretch marks that are barely visible. The white stretch marks are mostly problem with texture since it almost seems like you have cottage cheese thighs. But i'm going to keep using it and see what i can do about those.

For those that feel this doesn't work, I think perhaps it's the purple stretch marks that cause the hardest time for people and are way harder to fade than pink ones. So it'll definitely take more time. But i think at the point where you have purple stretch marks, it'd be best going to see a doctor about them rather than using these minor oil treatments. I don't know and I can't comment but all i can say is that this product worked for me and i'll keep using it. I purchased the little bottle for $14 CAD and i think it is worth the money since I've barely made a dent in my supply. I can't even imagine buying the big bottle cause i don't even use much. But I guess for people that have stretch marks all over their body it might be a good idea to invest in the big bottles.

The packaging is not too bad. I can't imagine applying this oil any other way.. I think pump would make it messier than it is. But i have to say the outside of the bottle is getting oily because i have to screw on the top after using it with my oily hands. But it's not too bad. I definitely recommend this product to people. If you get it, make sure u really commit to the twice a day everyday. I still got results using it once a day everyday, but i think it's most effective twice a day.

on 1/9/2011 1:37:00 PM

I bought this product because of stretch marks and I heard about it from the internet and I heard great reviews for it. So I tried it and didn't see much of a difference at first but thats to be expected so I kept using it. I decided to put it on areas where I usually get stretch marks too as a precautionary. and because I was so busy and not persistent with it I didn't use it everyday. So what happened was that the areas the had no stretch marks to begin with began to have stretch marks. At first I thought it was because I was just getting them. But after some experimentation I guess you could say I realized that the areas i put this on would get stretch marks if I was not persistent with it. So that scared me and I never touched this stuff again. For the price the bottle is really small and its pretty expensive if you ask me. As for acne I have no idea if its good but, as for stretch marks I do not recommend at all.

If you want to help your stretch marks i would suggest the cocoa butter: tummy butter its in a little jar and it works great! and its cheaper too!

on 12/28/2010 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I'm 17 and just recently gained a lot of weight, (and I mean A LOT), and now have stretch marks on my sides and breasts. I'm using this so often, three times a day at least, basically whenever I walk into my bathroom I rub it in an upward motion.. It has noticeably made the marks lighter-- but I think I'm just gonna go to my dermatologist and get some sort of laser thing done instead. I think it's only working well for me because my marks are newer. If you try this, don't get your hopes too high.. :)

on 12/18/2010 2:48:00 PM

I bought the smallest bottle of this at the drugstore for around $12. I had some moles removed on my stomach and I was looking for something to help the healing and prevent/reduce scarring. This is a really nice oil that has a mild pleasant scent and absorbs relatively quickly. I do think it helped me from getting bad scars, but I've also used this for many other purposes. It's a great moisturizer for lips, dry spots, and anywhere else. Sometimes I used it on my feet and then put on socks before going to bed. I've had it awhile and I still have half the small bottle left - a little goes a long way. While I enjoy this product I don't know if it is significantly better than a petroleum based product such as Aquaphor - at least for my purposes. If you are planning on using it all over your face this might be better. Also, I have combination skin with some congestion and this did not break me out when I used it on dry spots on my face.

on 12/18/2010 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this on my face as I have dry skin and get eczema easily.I love it my skin absorbs it quick and I do not get greasy from the product. It has helped clear up my eczema on my face and keeps all my dry patches away. I also use it on my lips before I go to bed and it has really helped with my chapped lips. I also find that it has helped even out my skin tone and my face is so soft since using it. I would definitely buy more when I run out.

on 12/6/2010 3:17:00 PM

I was using mama mio oil on my pregnant (and really HUGE!) stomach, swapped to this and stretch marks came from nowhere, all calmed down again when I returned to mama mio. May be entirely unrelated but I wasn't prepared to chance it. Shame though as it's cheap and I like the slightly medicinal smell. It just seemed to sit on my skin and I didn't seee any good results on other parts of my body with it and I really love oils normally..

on 11/10/2010 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This product worked okay for me, but not the best. It's definitely very hydrating, so great for super dry skin, but as for the reducing appearance of scars and stretch marks, not so much. It doesn't work too well on older scars/stretch marks, but if you apply bio-oil to newer scars or stretch marks, it works pretty well in reducing them and making them appear more 'opaque'. For the price though, it is pretty expensive but a little does go a long way, but if applied regulary to try and reduce the scar or stretch mark appearance, the cost adds up. I prefer Palmer's Cocoa Butter though, and it is also alot cheaper :D

Popular Body Skincare Products