Bio Oil All Products

3.5

Botanicals Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil) Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil) Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil) Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil) Vitamins Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) Oil base Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) Triisononanoin Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate Isopropyl Myristate Glycine Soja Oil Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil BHT Bisabolol Fragrance (Rose) Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone Amyl Cinnamal Benzyl Salicylate Citronellol Coumarin Eugenol Farnesol Geraniol Hydroxycitronellal Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde Limonene Linalool Color (Orange) D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100)

on 11/10/2010 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This product worked okay for me, but not the best. It's definitely very hydrating, so great for super dry skin, but as for the reducing appearance of scars and stretch marks, not so much. It doesn't work too well on older scars/stretch marks, but if you apply bio-oil to newer scars or stretch marks, it works pretty well in reducing them and making them appear more 'opaque'. For the price though, it is pretty expensive but a little does go a long way, but if applied regulary to try and reduce the scar or stretch mark appearance, the cost adds up. I prefer Palmer's Cocoa Butter though, and it is also alot cheaper :D

In terms of price this isn't very expensive, I buy way more expensive body lotions and body creams. It's not sold everywhere though, some countires don't have it yet like Greece.

I used this 2 years ago when I was in the UK for a few months and I didn't make any of my stretch marks disappear. It did however make then less red and softer and more white/silver in colour. SO it is a miracle in that sense, because when they are red and purple they are far more noticable and since they are softer you can't feel them which is good.

I've been gaining weight over the years so I only get more and more stretch marks so I want to prevent and diminish newer ones. I find it slightly oily but I think I put too much on, perhaps I will use less and massage more because I read on their website you have to apply twice daily and the key is massaging. I do find it fun and I enjoy the indulgence of rubbing the oil in.

Some don't like the smell, I'm not that bothered.

If anything your skin will be touchably soft, if nothing else.

Ps. I have a few burns on my arms and hands due to ironing (i'm not careful when I iron) so those have within 3 days started diminishing.

on 10/31/2010 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product is AMAZING. Im not an easily impressed person but Bio Oil did impress me a lot. I have oily skin but with some eczema patches on my forehead and specially over one of my brows. I have tried many creams and lotions to treat my eczema and the ones which worked were too oily for the rest of my skin and left me with an oily complexion and plenty of shines. However, Bio Oil made my eczema dissapear in 24 hours but left the rest of my face looking healthy and not shiny. This is absolutely great. Bio Oil and Avent Magic Cream are the best products you can put on your face. Great great stuff.

on 10/29/2010 4:43:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

i really like this product, it's not thick, like oil products usually are and doesn't take hours to absorb into your skin.
This gave much better results on my skin than egyptian magic, which is also really hyped about. It's also about $20 cheaper than egyptian magic, and you get a bit more.
I have been using this for dry skin around my forehead and cheeks and it's really helped, i saw an improvement within 2 days. It's also helped a bit with uneven skin tone.
Overall, i would really recommend this to anyone who has dry skin and in need of an overnight fix.

on 10/17/2010 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Yes this stuff does work but it takes a lot of patience. It heal my one acne scar but took me almost a month. I put it on in the morning and at night. it will fade some acne scars and some will completely disappear. For a friend it took her only 5 day and her acne scar disappeared. It will all depend on your skin and how bad the scar is.

This product is marketed as a miracle cure for scars and stretchmarks, but I'm not so convinced. I don't think it works any better than other body oils in what it claims to do. There are cheaper alternatives that will give you similar results (olive oil, coconut oil, sesame oil, etc.). Before you spend $12 on a tiny bottle of this, try one of those oils first. The main oil in Bio-Oil that makes up the bulk of the product is mineral oil, which, as we all know, is derived from petroleum. It also has artificial fragrance, which I don't like. It smells like chai tea and baby powder. I would not purchase again.

on 10/10/2010 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the best products I've ever used. It makes my skintone even and radiant, and helps heal old acne scars, literally overnight! I recommend this to anyone who has acne scars, but no current acne or people that break out very easily, because if you have active pimples on your face, this will irritate them (I found out the hard way)

on 9/28/2010 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this product for stretch marks and saw no difference. It feels great on the skin, but I saw no difference.

on 9/26/2010 3:02:00 AM

I have dry skin and for a long time (especially during winters) I would get flaky skin and redness around the side of my nose. Putting concealer on to hide the redness would just turn out terribly because the concealer would bring out the flaking even more. I had been putting a lot of Vaseline on the region every night when I went to bed, and still it wasn't really improving. I've been using Bio Oil for about 2 months now and I have to say that my skin has gotten SO much better. My skin is no longer peeling at all and the redness has gone down a lot as well. So glad I tried this!

on 9/22/2010 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Recently, I had a very bad breakout (which i NEVER get) due to a break on the pill, and the BP I have been using has left ym face dry, flaky and red. I have tried a few drops of Jojoba oil in my Olay, but have found that I am mildly allergic to it. I decided to re-try bio-oil; and so applied it in the circle motions rubbing it in at night. I woke up to find most of my redness had dissapeared, and a much more even skintone. I had also woken to found a few of the pimples that were almost fully dried out were back with a vengeance. I really wish this had worked on my face, and I might still use it on my eye/upper cheek/jawline area where i never break out, and to spot treat a few acne scars.
Overall, this is a decent product. If you find your skin doesn't break out easily (assuming you are wanting to use this on the face), I would definitely reccomend giving it a try. I paid $12.99 AUS for this and for something that goes a decent way on your face I believe it was worth a shot. For your body, I suggest something like Palmer's Cocoa Oil as it's about the same price for a large bottle and does more or less the same thing. I would probably not reccomend this, or repurchase.

Popular Body Skincare Products