Bio Oil All Products

3.5

Botanicals Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil) Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil) Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil) Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil) Vitamins Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) Oil base Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) Triisononanoin Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate Isopropyl Myristate Glycine Soja Oil Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil BHT Bisabolol Fragrance (Rose) Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone Amyl Cinnamal Benzyl Salicylate Citronellol Coumarin Eugenol Farnesol Geraniol Hydroxycitronellal Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde Limonene Linalool Color (Orange) D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100)

on 3/29/2011 10:23:00 AM

Ok.I bought this after reading reviews in here.I had acne on my jawline and after using Accutane it dissapeared but the red spots were still there so I thought I could use this.It doesnt work. I've been using it for aprox. 5 months EVERY night.It is not moisturizing, it doesnt get rid of the scars.. NOTHING!!! Save your money and try to find something else, cause this is a waste of time and money.

on 3/28/2011 4:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Been using Bio oil twice a day as directed consistently in the past 3 weeks. I thought I'd write a review after I've used it for sometime to make sure I can give my skin sometime to get used to the product. Been using it on my face in circular motions morning and night. I also apply it to a knee scar I have off a bad bicycle fall almost two years ago as well as on a couple of very small dark scars on my lower stomach off hot bottle burns(I used to get really dysmenorrhea and would put extremely hot water bottle on my stomach to numb the pain which wasn't very wise seeing as i got two burn marks that wont go away). The consistency of Bio oil is very nice and I also like the smell. Just to mention that I have an oily t-zone and dry patches on other areas of my face and acne prone skin. I only gave it a 3 as it didn't really work for me at all in even reducing my acne scars which isn't really that bad but thought it would make it a bit fainter and it really made me break out really bad even after 3 weeks of using it which is why I stopped using it on my face. I think it made my knee scar a little bit fainter but it's still pretty obviously and I will keep on using it on my knee and stomach scars as it states on the directions to use it for 3 mos twice a day.

on 3/23/2011 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I felt I really had to tell you about my absolute favorite skincare product - It is marketed at people who wish to treat scar tissue, aging and dehydrated skin and stretch marks. Although people buy it to use on their body I use it on my face. My skin is very dehydrated and I had tried everything from high end, expensive brand names to drug store cheapies - NOTHING worked!!! Then one day at work I was complaining about how bad my skin felt when a friend recommended Bio Oil to me. I rushed out to buy some and tried it straight away. Since that day I have raved about it to anyone that asks me about skincare. It is a FANTASTIC product, I could not live without it.
It is packaged very simply in a clear bottle. It is not expensive at around 9 for 60ml and lasts ages. It does have smell but it unusual to describe. It is an oil that sinks into your skin after 5 mins. I use it like you would a serum, so directly onto the skin wait 5 mins then apply normal moisturiser. I cant tell you how good it feels immediately that you apply it, it is like applying a layer of new skin to my own very dehydrated skin. The tightness disappears and I am left with soft, glowing skin. This is a WONDER product if you have dry dehydrated skin give it a go - you wont be disappointed

on 3/21/2011 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this oil on/off for about 6 months. I sometimes massage it into my body or face at night before I go to sleep. I don't have any stretch marks at all so I can't comment on that, however I do have an uneven "dull" looking skin tone and a heap of old acne marks.

The product: I love the smell!! I think that's my favourite thing about this. It's a really nice delicate floral-y scent - lavender oil is in this blend but the scent isn't distinctly lavender. The consistency is also lovely. I'm used to using vegetable/base oils in my very lazy skincare routine and this isn't heavy as some other oils. It sinks in quite quickly. It's pale pink in colour.
How I use it (when I have actually used it): At night after I've washed my face and my skin is damp I massage about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of this into my face - it sinks in pretty quickly but I imagine you would look pretty greasy if you did this in the morning. I really like using it on my hands - it softens them up, and when it's a bit sunk in I like to rub the excess on my arms, it leaves them soft and sinks in, leaving a nice "sheen" without looking greasy.
The results: I haven't used this twice a day so I might have different results, but it does make my skin very soft. I get clogged pores from random things like Nivea Sunscreen and talc, but this didn't clog anything - it made my skin tone look nicer. The darker acne scars on my cheeks look a little lighter after using this, but not DRAMATIC!

I only gave this a three, however, as this is quite an expensive product: a little goes a long way, but the main ingredient in this is Mineral Oil which is super cheap. Mineral Oil isn't bad, but there are so many other more beneficial oils. Yes, this does make my skin soft, but I get better results from using natural oils like Olive Oil/Grapeseed/Borage Seed/Sweet Almond, etc etc. And those naturally include vitamins, which have been added to this.

The thing I love most about this is the scent/consistency, I gave it a five for that and I wish all oils were like this!! But for me, it's nice, but it's not beneficial enough for the price. I probably wont repurchase, however I am on the the hunt for a natural oil blend that smells/feels as good as this!

on 3/14/2011 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

First off let me start by saying that in order to get rid of stretch marks you have to treat them while they are still pink.. thats when the blood is still circulating to them once they go white there isnt a lot if anything you can do . Just wondering if people realise this before trying Bio Oil ? I have used this on scars and for dry skin and it works wonders. My friend used this all through her pregnancy and after and she has no stretch marks in sight.. obviuosly the earlier you start using this the better it will work .

I have some pretty major stretch marks on the insides of my thighs and they're pretty unsightly so I decided that I would invest in some and get rid of them once and for all but unfortunately it did absolutely nothing to help them. Made my skin soft but that's it. Extremely disappointed..

on 3/9/2011 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My mum uses this product for dry skin, so thought I would try it out on the scar on my knee as it claims to reduce the appearance of them. Since the scar on my knee was a bit newer than the other scars on my skin, it did an okay job in lightening the scar and after about 4 weeks using it twice a day, the scar is now pretty faint and you can barely see it unless you look super closely. So, with that success, I thought I would try it on an older scar and stretchmarks and it doesn't work! It only seems to work on fresh scars. Weird. It is a little greasy if you use too much, so use it sparingly and it will absorb into the skin. I also used this on my cuticles, and around my nail bed. It softened the skin around there too. I wouldn't buy this again, as I find Palmer's Cocoa butter gives better results for scars/stretchmarks and that for dry skin Vaseline does a pretty good job for a much cheaper price.

on 2/24/2011 7:12:00 PM

Been massaging this stuff religiously twice daily for 2 months on the stretch marks that i acquired on my bum from weight fluctuations, and have noticed some fading. I dont know if its my imagination since my stretch marks are whitish in color against my pale skin so its harder to distinguish in the winter time when im not tan. Will keep using it to see what happens.

on 2/10/2011 12:30:00 PM

I think it does help fade marks and scars but using it is so messy and gets expensive over time. I would use it if I was pregnant though, and it would be great if they made a cream version that would be less greasy and go on more like a lotion

on 2/10/2011 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is amazing! I bought this and tried to use it everyday while pregnant to prevent stretch marks. I did end up with three tiny stretch marks on my tummy, but I conituned use of this after the birth of my son and those have faded to nearly nothing! It has an odd smell to me, not bad just odd but even though it's oil its not super greasy (like baby oil or whatever). I LOVE this stuff for acne scars and pigmentation issues (also from pregnancy). It is awesome and I always keep a bottle on hand!

Popular Body Skincare Products