September 2, 2014 | 1033 users online

Skincare - Body - Bio Oil - All Products

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by abussell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've used this product for almost a year. I was hoping it would get rid of my acne scars but it doesn't really only a little. Also, looking back I believe this product was the cause of my break outs. After reading through the reviews here, I was surprised to discover that that bio oil contains isopropyl myristate which confirms my suspicion of the break outs. Plus I'm a horrible picker so you see, bio oil > break outs > picking....no wonder my dream of flawless skin wasn't working out. On the plus side, I do like how it smells and I think it did even out my skin tone. Will never repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by JunkieXL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm one of the fans of Bio Oil. I have some old acne scars and slight discoloration in my face and I find it hard to find something soft that makes the scars less visible but doesn't harm my skin. My skin is combination/normal and normally I would never put oil on my face as it is oily enough by itself. But after some good experiences with Clarins skin oils, I decided to give this one a try. I have to say: give it time because it doesn't work overnight. I use it after I've cleansed my face at night and I massage it in gently. In the morning my skin looks more even, red spots look healed and my skin feels supple and soft. I also have the feeling it helps healing spots and other blemishes. After I take the residue off with a little tonic, I can use my foundation without the need for moisturizer. You don't need a lot, just a few drops so a little goes a long way. I only took one point off because of the packaging; I think it would be nice if it came with a little pump in it.

After I finish this bottle I'll definitely buy it again!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by bunbunboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this on my face for acne scars but it broke me out so I got new spots and clogged pores. I now use a good quality olive oil which makes my skin soft and smooth and doesn't cause more acne. It's much cheaper too.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2010 3:46:00 AM More reviews by iLoveU

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i using this oil about a month, and i just feel , it did nothing on my acne scar, but this oil doesnt broke me out. this oil just like baby oil..not repurchase again..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by snowrabbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

For Face: I've tried this on my face both as a serum and a moisturizer. As a moisturizer: I woke up the next morning looking as rosy as Santa Claus and I had a blemish on my cheek, which is somewhere I don't normally get blemishes. As a serum with a moisturizer on top: it was far too much for my skin and I was left with an oily residue.

For Body: I ended up using this as a body moisturizer. The box says that Bio-Oil is supposed to fade scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, aging skin and dehydrated skin. This is supposed to happen if it is used twice daily for three months, which unfortunately I wasn't able to commit to. I do have some scars on my legs and they didn't seem to fade at all. But then again I didn't exactly follow the directions (twice daily is hard to commit to on a busy schedule!). I have to say that Bio-Oil did seem to soften my skin a bit and made it velvety to the touch.
One thing to note is that if you have any cuts or broken skin, bio-oil will irritate it. I had a slight cut on my knee from a hike that I hadn't really noticed and bio-oil caused a cyst to form.

Overall: The price is reasonable- $14 CAD for 60ml, which lasted me about six months. The packaging is alright although there was some leakage. I like the scent, it's very soft and almost smells like roses and baby powder combined. Not sure if I would repurchase- it is definitely not HG material because I found it too oily. I'd recommend trying it though, because it seems like the type of product that would work well for specific people.

Ingredients: Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Triisononannoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuss (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, BHT, Bisabolol, Parfum (Fragrance), CI 26100 (Red 17).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by tsth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am never able to use oils on my face due to them making me breakout, but this one does not do that. It does absorb well and you don't need much at all. If applied lightly you will get that dewy glow that you see a lot of this summer. Very nice moisturizing product. I purchased as an anti-aging help....I like the results so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2010 5:22:00 AM More reviews by treeolive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have stretch marks on my thighs, and i used this product and basically it didnt make any difference at all!!!! very disapointing!

I wouldnt recommend it at all for scars or stretchmarks.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 9:18:00 AM More reviews by batforlashes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Due to an allergic reaction I've had some pretty nasty scars on my thights.
When I heard of this product i decided to give it a go and hoped for the best.
Now I've been using it for about three months and the scars are gone to my suprise!
I am very pleased with this product, however the packaging should really come with a pump.
And ladies, please keep in mind that it says on the bottle you have to use it for three months to se any difference. So don't judge it before that time.
Lovely product, you should definitly give it a go!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by danielleashleyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best product I have used to treat scares. I attempted to groom my cat, and it resulted in him scratching my chest and leaving a massive scar. It has faded significantly since I have started applying this on a regular basis!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by helloagain1990

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Updated- After a few more weeks use of Bio Oil, I discovered it gave me blackheads. It's now used as an after shower treatment only for my arms and legs.

I adore Bio Oil. It makes my skin so soft & so very smooth. I have no issues with breakouts with this product. It completely soaks in within an hour as long as you don't slather it on. A few drops is all you need.