February 28, 2015 | 2000 users online

Skincare - Body - Bio Oil - All Products

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 4:43:00 AM More reviews by scarypacman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

i really like this product, it's not thick, like oil products usually are and doesn't take hours to absorb into your skin.
This gave much better results on my skin than egyptian magic, which is also really hyped about. It's also about $20 cheaper than egyptian magic, and you get a bit more.
I have been using this for dry skin around my forehead and cheeks and it's really helped, i saw an improvement within 2 days. It's also helped a bit with uneven skin tone.
Overall, i would really recommend this to anyone who has dry skin and in need of an overnight fix.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by LoPSiCLe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Yes this stuff does work but it takes a lot of patience. It heal my one acne scar but took me almost a month. I put it on in the morning and at night. it will fade some acne scars and some will completely disappear. For a friend it took her only 5 day and her acne scar disappeared. It will all depend on your skin and how bad the scar is.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by luckygreenclover25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is marketed as a miracle cure for scars and stretchmarks, but I'm not so convinced. I don't think it works any better than other body oils in what it claims to do. There are cheaper alternatives that will give you similar results (olive oil, coconut oil, sesame oil, etc.). Before you spend $12 on a tiny bottle of this, try one of those oils first. The main oil in Bio-Oil that makes up the bulk of the product is mineral oil, which, as we all know, is derived from petroleum. It also has artificial fragrance, which I don't like. It smells like chai tea and baby powder. I would not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by kidrobot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of the best products I've ever used. It makes my skintone even and radiant, and helps heal old acne scars, literally overnight! I recommend this to anyone who has acne scars, but no current acne or people that break out very easily, because if you have active pimples on your face, this will irritate them (I found out the hard way)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by untrunner42

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product for stretch marks and saw no difference. It feels great on the skin, but I saw no difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Mangokitten

I have dry skin and for a long time (especially during winters) I would get flaky skin and redness around the side of my nose. Putting concealer on to hide the redness would just turn out terribly because the concealer would bring out the flaking even more. I had been putting a lot of Vaseline on the region every night when I went to bed, and still it wasn't really improving. I've been using Bio Oil for about 2 months now and I have to say that my skin has gotten SO much better. My skin is no longer peeling at all and the redness has gone down a lot as well. So glad I tried this!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Spider90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

Recently, I had a very bad breakout (which i NEVER get) due to a break on the pill, and the BP I have been using has left ym face dry, flaky and red. I have tried a few drops of Jojoba oil in my Olay, but have found that I am mildly allergic to it. I decided to re-try bio-oil; and so applied it in the circle motions rubbing it in at night. I woke up to find most of my redness had dissapeared, and a much more even skintone. I had also woken to found a few of the pimples that were almost fully dried out were back with a vengeance. I really wish this had worked on my face, and I might still use it on my eye/upper cheek/jawline area where i never break out, and to spot treat a few acne scars.
Overall, this is a decent product. If you find your skin doesn't break out easily (assuming you are wanting to use this on the face), I would definitely reccomend giving it a try. I paid $12.99 AUS for this and for something that goes a decent way on your face I believe it was worth a shot. For your body, I suggest something like Palmer's Cocoa Oil as it's about the same price for a large bottle and does more or less the same thing. I would probably not reccomend this, or repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 6:28:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

I used this in the past on my face in hopes that it will even out my skin tone. It didn't. It didn't provide any moisture, my skin was left feeling dry after cleansing and it clogged my pores. i got tiny clogged pores under my skin after using this, so i just threw it out. If i'm not mistaken, there's mineral oil in this product, which is probably why it congested my skin. Not buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by htibbetts

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this over a year ago to help fade some acne scars and even out my skin tone. Used it for about a month with no visible difference in my skin, so I can't recommend it for the face. It ended up in the back of my bathroom cabinet. HOWEVER, two weeks ago I burned the underside of my arm on steam coming out of a tea kettle. I had a nasty dark red, blistering mark about 3 inches in diameter. I put antibiotic ointment, aloe...just kept looking worse. While on a search for something else to try, I uncovered the Bio Oil and thought, what the heck...maybe it will prevent it from scarring. I rubbed it in before bed, and the next morning, drastic improvement! I've kept it up the last few days and the mark is almost healed. I'm going to keep using it for possible scar prevention for another week or two. I know this isn't much more than mineral oil with a few extras thrown in, but something in this really fixed up an ugly, blistering burn in no time. I'm moving the bottle to my first aid kit! Said I would repurchase, but doubt I will have to.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by tygressdoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this for 3 days, but it has faded my pigmentation marks from acne significantly (they were bright red marks that had not healed in almost a year). It hasn't broken me out at all. I actually love the packaging, as it allows me to get the 2-3 drops I need for each application. The smell is a little odd but not unpleasant, and goes away quickly. I will continue to try this out and report on my progress.