April 18, 2014 | 1485 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by zomgblah

This stuff is literally my life saver. I always wear waterproof mascara and this is pretty much the only thing that really gets it off. I use Almay's makeup remover first to get off all that I can before using Take The Day Off (my little theory of saving money). Once I was too lazy to finish up with TTDO and I woke up with my eyes swollen! They really don't like makeup. Overall, I'm sticking to this dual-phase remover for a long time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by cocofabulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a 50ml bottle of this as a GWP. I used this 3 nights in a row and it dried my eyes out so badly that they are still flaking 4 days later! Will never purchase full-size.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 6:55:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found almost the same as to Ardens "All Gone", except this leaves a slight greasy residue, which I don't mind but sometimes makes eyes blurry if a bit gets in. It quickly coped with all the waterproof eyemakeup I threw at it without rubbing, was easy to use, didn't irritate my eyes or lose eyelashes. The packaging with the purple bottle and silver is cute too!

The only reason why I probably wouldn't buy again is the price and also I've discovered that a wee bottle of cold-pressed quality vegetable oil works just as good as well as giving me the skincare benefits of moisturising + vitamins. Downsizing skincare = more money for makeup!! My eye area just looks the better in the morning using the oil. Otherwise I thought it a very good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by VQ13

I don't know why I have not reviewed this before! I LOVE this stuff! I was using Lancome's eye makeup remover just fine when I was using regular mascara. But I started using waterproof mascara and nothing would take if off!! Lancome's was a huge disappointment when put through the test...and it was expensive! So a friend told me about Clinique's Take the Day Off Eye makeup remover.

All I did was soak a cotton pad and gently rubbed it over my lashes and all the waterproof mascara slipped right off! amazing! no tugging, nothing. I also use lipfinity from max factor that nothing takes off and it works with this product!! came right off!

The price is only about $16! Well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only eye makeup remover that I will ever use. Why? Because it takes everything off! Why not use one for my lids, lashes and lips? I love how it just whisks away everything. I soak a cotton ball up and use one for each eye, and one for the lipgloss on my lips. I think the greasiness alows it to easily take the day off (LOL). My HG. Try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by sueyellowjam

This is the best makeup remover I've used, but then, I don't use that much makeup and don't have extensive experience on other makeup remover. I used water-proof mascara everyday. This can easily get off the mascara, all of it, without leaving any trace behind. I have used a few other brands before but nothing close to this one. All the others I have tried took longer to remove the mascara, and still leave some traces behind. Nevertheless, Take the Day Off is rather greasy compared to the other brands - and hence onl 4 lippie. It doesn't really bother me since a face wash normally follows the makeup removal, and the greasiness is gone after face wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2008 10:17:00 AM More reviews by bumba

I was looking for some remover oil, and I found it in Clinnique webpage, thinking it as a generic remover, I bought it in sephora barcelona, the price was not nice, but it was because here in Europe so much tax added for cosmetics. then I found it was an eye remover! what a pity, i used it very few time, since I dont make up so much the eyes, but compare with other brand, i have to say it is quite smooth, it doesnt cause any irritation to the eyes, and remove quite quick the makeup. also like its package. maybe will buy again but throught internet!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2008 10:44:00 PM More reviews by ginasuicide

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always come back to this stuff. luckily one comes in just about every GWP so I havent had to buy it in forever but its by far my favorite eyemakeup remover. I shake it up and apply with my fingers and rub the makeup off gently, then remove with warm wet washcloth. i dont pour this into a cotton ball then apply, it doesnt remove the makeup as good and waste product. i can make a bottle last me forever this way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 3:16:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

This is a great remover for waterproof eye m/u and long-lasting l/s shades. I am so glad this doesn't have benzylkonium chloride because I think I am allergic to that ingredient. It was so hard to find replacement eye m/u removers without that chemical...I think this is too strong for daily use, but on the weekends when I get all dolled up, this really does the trick. Doesn't irritate my eyes either.

As others have mentioned, this is very greasy and leaves a considerable film. If that gets in your eyes, be prepared for some blurry vision. But I have noticed that I can rinse off most of the oily residue when I wash my face. I always put eye drops in my eyes before I go to sleep, so that washes out the residue too.

I think this might replace Lancome Bi-Facil as my HG waterproof eye mu remover since it's effective and BC free!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2008 6:24:00 AM More reviews by milkteef

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i got this in a sample size when i bought a mascara from clinique a while back ... gets makeup off very easily (i dampen a cotton wool pad and then wipe onto desired area) although quite oily so you will want to use a babywipe or cleanser afterwards (although this is to be said / done with most makeup removers) . not sure if i would buy again , maybe from a cheaper source but it's not the most expensive out there . love the simple packaging and the colour of the bottle / liquid . not a bad smell either .