Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

3.4

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Talc, Cyclohexasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Cyclomethicone, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Stearoxymethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Ppg-12/Smdi Copolymer, Tocopherol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Silica, Soymilk Powder, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Propylene Carbonate, Silica Silylate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Disodium Edta, Benzotriazolyl Dodecyl P-Cresol, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Fragrance

on 5/5/2011 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'm half and half on this foundation. Some days I apply it very well and get complimented on my skin, I have a fair skin tone, very fair, and my niece told me that this gave me a little color, which is of course nice to hear when your tone is like mine, :)

With that being said you have to be careful with this product and blend very well, it's too easy to build the orange oompa loompa look, so be sure to blend and use moisturizer and or primer first. as for breakouts, not really but I do take off my make-up every night so as to avoid those..

Pros: Good coverage, dewy look.
Cons: Doesn't last very long without primer, if not blended well it looks orange and cakey.

Overall: Not the best, definitely not the worst. But maybe it will work for you.

on 4/30/2011 2:50:00 PM

I LOVE this foundation. I have it in the shade nude(40) and it matches my skin so well. i have oily skin, but if I set this foundation with translucent powder, I find that I only need to blot my face once in a school day.The formula is nice and blend-able and it provides good coverage while still letting my skin breathe.

on 4/26/2011 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

For reference, I am NC20 - 25 with dry to very dry skin. At first I was skeptical that such an affordable brand like Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Make-up would be a dupe of NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Dewy Finish. (Don't get me wrong, I was once a fan of Neutrogena products bec. some of their skincare products worked for me 15 years back). I felt like a prodigal daughter going back to my roots with Neutrogena. :-) So 2 weeks back, I decided to buy a bottle of NHS in the store. Having light to medium complexion with yellow undertone, I was torn between ( # 40) Nude or (# 60) Natural Beige. It's difficult to choose bec. they don't have swatches in the drugstore. I followed my gut feeling and I got the Nude shade. I was excited to wash and prep my face when I got back home so I could try out my new foundation. And lo and behold, I Love It! I used my hands and it glided smoothly on my face. It gave me light to medium coverage and yes, it is dewy, which I really love bec. I have very dry skin. Out in the sun, this foundation looks so natural and it gives you a healthy skin feeling, like you're not wearing a foundation. The next day, I decided to mix it with my Revlon Colorstay (Normal/Dry Skin) and I love it even more. For me... the matte, medium to full coverage of Revlon and the glowy look of Neutrogena is a match made in heaven.

So far, I really really like this foundation for giving my face a healthy glow, no break-outs and I would buy this product again in the future. Pls. try it bec. it's very affordable at $10 - 12/bottle. Thank you Neutrogena for offering a cheaper alternative to NARS Sheer Glow, though I wish you would have more colors to choose from though in the future.

on 4/26/2011 3:04:00 AM

I saw reviews on youtube for this foundation and found everyone raving about and I wanted to try a liquid foundation because I was using cream and mineral foundation. This foundation had medium coverage and it left my skin glowing, but the next morning, my skin was breaking out! I thought it was because I was getting my period, so I tried it again and I was breaking out because of this foundation. I was so disappointed because I loved everything about this foundation, except the fact that it broke me out.

I really thought that this product would work for me. I have recently had issues with my skin breaking out, so I thought, what the heck. My face had finally started to clear up, prior to using this product. After only a week of using it, my face started breaking out like crazy! It offers minimal coverage, and seems to dissapear after only a couple of hours after you apply it. I got it on sale, so I guess I threw $6.00 away. Now that I have stopped using it, and went back to the foundation I have always used, my face is clearing up again. Won't be buying this again. What a dissapointment.

on 4/20/2011 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I thought this would be a great foundation, but it broke me out really bad! I tried it out for about a month but ended up just throwing it away. This foundation offers no coverage at all and was very thin and watery. I think that this foundation would work for those with blemish free skin. This foundation has a perfume scent and I did not like that since I have sensitive skin. The finish is dewy which is not good for me since I get very oily.

on 4/19/2011 8:45:00 PM

My favorite foundation, specially for the fall and winter. since it is very runny and liquidy (very easy to blend btw) it will basically melt off and make me very oily in the summer during our very hot and humid Texas weather; but then again i do not wear a primer or set it with a powder. that's just too much for me. i don't wear foundation every single day. It's flawless in the winter. it covers well. i'd say it's light to medium coverage. very buildable. does help keep my skin healthy. does not feel heavy at all. has a nice smell to it. people say it's a dupe for the high end Nars Sheer Glow foundation and i agree, but i just happen to like this one better. not only because it's a lot more inexpensive, but in my opinion the healthy skin looks a lot more natural on me than the nars sheer glow. i highly recommend this product and have purchased twice already. =)

on 4/8/2011 7:13:00 PM

I love this foundation. I work for a dematologist and neutrogena is a brand he recommends so I thought I would try it and Im glad I did. I've been working hard on bringing my skin back to it's youth so I don't want to cover it up. I use this foundation when I need a little more coverage than my tinted moisturizer but not too much cover up. I will continue to buy this and it's alot cheaper than the other foundations I have wasted money on.

on 4/6/2011 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do like this foundation because it covers imperfections well but if you overdo it,it will turn you orange.After i did take off my makeup at night my skin did not look improve at all.in about a week it broke me out (it contains talc which is something i'm allergic to)SO if your not senstive skin this is a good product because it lastes all day and contains SPF 20.

on 4/2/2011 10:27:00 PM

The formula was WAY too thin for my taste. Even though it was a good covering foundation I just found it to be too watery to keep. Also, I am very light skinned (NC15 in MAC) and the coloring of the lightest shade (10 classic ivory) was just a tad too much on the red side. I already have red undertones in my skin so I like to balance that out with a foundation with a yellow undertone.