October 25, 2014 | 1277 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by princess101

Canadian girls are really missing out on this product! Over the summer I purchased this online, sight unseen, and guessed my shade after googling swatches from beauty bloggers. My shade is Nude (40), which matches my NC25/30 summer skin, with yellow undertones. In the winter I'm paler and this is a tad dark, unless sheered out with a damp sponge and set with a lighter setting powder.

I generally have combo/oily skin, and when I use this, I apply primer just to my t-zone and proceed to apply this foundation. This gives me great medium coverage, but is buildable as it is lightweight and has a thinner, more liquid consistency than most liquid foundations. The finish is soft and natural, and somewhat dewy. It gives the skin a bit of "glow" but not in a greasy nor shimmery sort of way. I do have to blot my t-zone after four hours, but my makeup still looks fresh.

This has a yellow undertone, but not as yellow as MAC Pro Longwear or Nars. It is relatively inexpensive for drugstore foundation, as I only paid $9.99 USD, though I'm sure if this were sold in Canada it'd be twice the price. Not bad for a drugstore foundation; will repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Cathj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

in mac im an nc37 and I have this in fresh beige 70. I love this stuff. First of all after use this makes my skin look better and feel softer. It has a satin finish on my skin and has light to medium coverage. It can be heavy if you put another layer. At 11.99 you can't really go wrong. The only downside is the pour bottle which is super messy and wastes a lot of product. I only use higher end expensive products for my face, but I would definitely rather spend less.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by ambomb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ladies, if you have...oily skin this product is probably not right for you. The finish is beautiful, it DID help lighten acne scars and DID NOT break me out. However, i had to blot my face alot, and the thing is...the makeup transferred over to my oil blotting papers and had to reapply a lot. (i use clean and clear)

I found that the staying power for this makeup was incredibly bad... If you kiss your boyfriend a lot, it'll rub off onto his face. If you hug people, it rubs off on their clothes. How embarrassing is that? Well...maybe it's just me, im not too sure haha. I apply a moisturizer, a primer, the liquid makeup, set it with powder and spritz it wth the macfinishing spray and still yet...the makeup rubs off. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by PattyLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this is the best drugstore foundation. I love it a lot. I will definitely re-purchase when I run out. It's better when applied wet with a sponge. It gives my skin a very nice finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Harley09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't used a liquid foundation in a few years, the last one I used was Revlon Colorstay when I was in college and on a budget. For the last year I've been using Bare Escentuals Matte in Fair, which is okay but I think I prefer their original formula. However I wanted to dip back into using liquid foundation since in the winter my skin is so dry that when using my mac compact (nc20-a little too yellow for me) my skin appears very flaky. I chose Neutrogena over Revlon CS because the Revlon CS in Buff actually looked gray and ashy whereas Neutrogena in Natural Ivory looked very natural. I like this foundation, it smoothed out my complexion with a small amount, I think applying with a foundation brush works since I do not have many blemishes, just some redness on my cheeks. I will however still need to use some concealer under my eyes to cover my circles. I would recommend this to someone who has somewhat clear skin, perhaps with concealer if you have many blemishes. If it is just slight redness that you're looking to cover then this might be for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 4:49:00 AM More reviews by MakeupRookie87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Once again companies neglect the color complexion of Hispanic & Black women. "Tan" is their darkest shade & its more of a Beige. Shame cause I wanted to try this but I guess my Dominican complexion will stick with my Revlon & Loreal products. At least they recognize real tanned women. $15 for a foundation that offers no variety. All the available colors basically look the same

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

My current FAVORITE foundation. I just threw away many foundation because i don't need them anymore! I was using NARS Sheer Glow before this and found that it turned cakey at the end of the day. No problem with this one! It looks satin-y and natural and stays that way all day. I can set with powder and still look natural. Love it!! I don't like that its not a pump bottle, and color selection is not as great as dept store brands.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by mmarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nothing to exciting. Decent coverage. Will not repurchase because i have oily skin and noticed this makes me even more oily. I prefer revlon's colorstay foundation for oily/combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am in LOVE with this foundation! It goes on lilke a dream and gives great coverage! I know that some people have had problems finding a match to their skin tone but I have a VERY hard skin tone to match and even though the color didn't look like an exact match in the bottle, once I blended it out, it looked perfect! I do wish it had a pump because you need so little to get coverage that it's really difficult to pour out that small amount without pouring WAAAYYY too much. Other than that, I really have no complaints about this product. LOVE it and will repurchase over and over! This will probably be the first foundation I actually finish!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

There are NO shades in this foundation for someone fair skinned with yellow undertones. the light shades are all VERY pink. so if you are shades NC 10, 15, or 20, they don't have one for you. though NC 20 could get away with the shade Nude perhaps. I am NC 15 so it was too dark. the shades lighter were like pink-orange streaks on my hand when I swatched them.
I bought Nude anyway, just to see if it would sheer out enough to be lighter. It is very sheer, but it wasn't quite light enough. I did not like it because the texture is very runny/watery. it gives almost no coverage (many tinted moisturizers give more!). it also made my skin look chalky. not a good look. it did not wear well - it wore off in a few hours. this went back to the drugstore needless to say. thank goodness they do returns!