September 22, 2014 | 1860 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Harley09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't used a liquid foundation in a few years, the last one I used was Revlon Colorstay when I was in college and on a budget. For the last year I've been using Bare Escentuals Matte in Fair, which is okay but I think I prefer their original formula. However I wanted to dip back into using liquid foundation since in the winter my skin is so dry that when using my mac compact (nc20-a little too yellow for me) my skin appears very flaky. I chose Neutrogena over Revlon CS because the Revlon CS in Buff actually looked gray and ashy whereas Neutrogena in Natural Ivory looked very natural. I like this foundation, it smoothed out my complexion with a small amount, I think applying with a foundation brush works since I do not have many blemishes, just some redness on my cheeks. I will however still need to use some concealer under my eyes to cover my circles. I would recommend this to someone who has somewhat clear skin, perhaps with concealer if you have many blemishes. If it is just slight redness that you're looking to cover then this might be for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 4:49:00 AM More reviews by MakeupRookie87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Once again companies neglect the color complexion of Hispanic & Black women. "Tan" is their darkest shade & its more of a Beige. Shame cause I wanted to try this but I guess my Dominican complexion will stick with my Revlon & Loreal products. At least they recognize real tanned women. $15 for a foundation that offers no variety. All the available colors basically look the same

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

My current FAVORITE foundation. I just threw away many foundation because i don't need them anymore! I was using NARS Sheer Glow before this and found that it turned cakey at the end of the day. No problem with this one! It looks satin-y and natural and stays that way all day. I can set with powder and still look natural. Love it!! I don't like that its not a pump bottle, and color selection is not as great as dept store brands.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by mmarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nothing to exciting. Decent coverage. Will not repurchase because i have oily skin and noticed this makes me even more oily. I prefer revlon's colorstay foundation for oily/combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am in LOVE with this foundation! It goes on lilke a dream and gives great coverage! I know that some people have had problems finding a match to their skin tone but I have a VERY hard skin tone to match and even though the color didn't look like an exact match in the bottle, once I blended it out, it looked perfect! I do wish it had a pump because you need so little to get coverage that it's really difficult to pour out that small amount without pouring WAAAYYY too much. Other than that, I really have no complaints about this product. LOVE it and will repurchase over and over! This will probably be the first foundation I actually finish!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

There are NO shades in this foundation for someone fair skinned with yellow undertones. the light shades are all VERY pink. so if you are shades NC 10, 15, or 20, they don't have one for you. though NC 20 could get away with the shade Nude perhaps. I am NC 15 so it was too dark. the shades lighter were like pink-orange streaks on my hand when I swatched them.
I bought Nude anyway, just to see if it would sheer out enough to be lighter. It is very sheer, but it wasn't quite light enough. I did not like it because the texture is very runny/watery. it gives almost no coverage (many tinted moisturizers give more!). it also made my skin look chalky. not a good look. it did not wear well - it wore off in a few hours. this went back to the drugstore needless to say. thank goodness they do returns!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by LauraLo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this when I reached the dregs of my Nars foundation and didn't feel like paying for another expensive product. It's non-greasy, goes on like a much more expensive foundation and doesn't settle into fine lines. Best of all, I was able to find an exact colour match for my pale, pinky-toned skin. The coverage is quite light but can 'build' easily. Since I don't like to cover my whole face with foundation, I use this more as a concealer and it blends very well for a natural look. The only drawback is the glass bottle, which isn't very hygienic and wastes product. I can't really say that I notice 'healthier' skin after using this, but at least it doesn't seem to cause or aggravate any problems. Overall, a great product for the price!

Update: After a few months of using this, I found that it had gone quite thin and also seemed to be irritating my skin so I switched to a BB cream with higher SPF for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by blndiee06

I gave been using this foundation on and off for about 5 years now, and it truly is one of my favorites.

I have oily, acne prone skin and my face always seems clearer after using this for several days. I top it with MAC natural skinfinish and I never get oily.

Love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Deanna2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a foundation for winter that was a little more moisturizing and less matte than my Revlon CS Mineral Mousse. I really like this foundation for its finish. It's not matte and not dewy but very natural-looking. The coverage is light to medium. When I used a foundation brush, it was lighter, but when I used my Sonia Kashuk synthetic flat blusher brush, coverage was medium. I can't comment on the longevity because I didn't put it to the test. I don't mind the packaging. I think a squeeze tube would be better, but it seems like everyone has their own preference.

While I liked almost everything about this foundation, I ended up returning it because it was too peachy for my fair skin. I purchased it in Classic Ivory and it wasn't bad, but I was looking for a truly neutral color and the peach tone bothered me. If they ever offered this in a neutral or even slightly yellow tone, I would gladly purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Thumadre96

I really love this foundation. I have combination-oily skin which means that my cheeks are kind of dry but my T-zone tends to get a bit oily. I have the color Fresh Beige and it matches my skin PERFECTLY. It doesn't oxidize on your skin and make you look orange and it blends beautifully. Since this makeup is not really thick, its easier to blend and doesn't dry faster than you can blend your makeup. It would be nice if they had a pump on the bottle, but its not really a big concern since it still comes out fairly well. I have used this product for two weeks and have not noticed ANY breakouts whatsoever. Their color selections does have more warm tones so it is limited to certain skin color. I love the dewy look that this foundation gives me but it could look oily if you don't set it with a powder, which I do. After the powder, it really gives me a natural and dewy finish without looking greasy or oily. The staying power is nice because I ran a mile, played tennis, and went through a whole school day without it disappearing or melting off my face. Overall, I REALLY recommend this product to dry/combo skin people and would definitely purchase this again.