February 1, 2015 | 1866 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by mishkee

i was quite dissapointed with this. I've been using it for about two months. I was looking for a medium coverage foundation that left my skin glowing. Well for the first hour my makeup looks great but after that it melts off my face. Then my face is super greasy and gross and the foundation oxidizes badly and turns orange. I never thought a foundation could make my skin shiny looking cuz i have dry skin. But i guess its possible. I wont be buying again :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by rebeccaz123

I love this foundation with the exception of 2 things. i like that it has spf but i hate that it causes that white cast on my face in photos. i also hate the packaging. other than that this is my favorite foundation so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by red007007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I mix this with Revlon Colory Stay and like the results after a few month use. The mix gives nice glow and coverage. decent long wear.
No breakout. not overyly oily like some reviewers mentioned, perhaps because i mixed with color stay.

for reference, i have very oily skin. I got this buy one get one free. So it would be quite a while for me to use them all up. if nothing better comes out by then, I may buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by ut0pia88

This is a really nice foundation, it makes your skin look dewey and natural- not cakey at all, and it does cover up redness and scars although it's far from full coverage..
It would be great if the staying power was better- it literally only lasts for a few hours, and it rubs off soo easily!!
However for a college student like me it's fine for an every day foundation...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

I am almost of my F&B foundation.I needed something for the time being,untill I go out to the MAC prostore.I noticed Neutrogena was having a buy 1,get the second 50% off.I use Neutrogena's powder,so I thought for 2nd item I would try out this foundation.I'm so happy I did! It was so smooth going on.Color match was great (LOL I tried using their color match chart that was hanging on the side of the selections..hmm..didn't work since it didn't reach my face).I think I may found a new foundation~~~

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Sadly, I had the same problem with this foundation as many other reviewers - no color match. I am fairly pale, but not usually impossible to match, but all of the light shades in this line are pink based; no yellow toned options. The foundation looks nice on for about four hours (I wore the powder as well) but starts to cake and look powdery around the nose and rub off of my chin after that. It doesn't really hold up well, and since it didn't match in the first place, I am going to give up on it. The packaging is nice, and the coverage is quite good - medium while still looking natural. I might be willing to give it more of a shot if they had more shade options, because I actually think after only wearing it for two days that it did make my skin look better without makeup! Might be a placebo effect, but I could have sworn it looked more even after using this foundation. So if you can find a shade match, it might be worth a shot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Sanzibar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been trying a variety of different makeup products to find what works best with my drier mature skin. I wanted to try a liquid foundation but I had no idea which one to choose. After reading the reviews I decided to try the Neutrogena. My face is fair in the winter and somewhat darker in the summer. Since I couldn't find the exact shade I thought looked best, I decided to try blending two. My reasoning was I can adjust the color as necessary. I got #20 & #40 and I think the match is very good. So far I've only applied with my fingers but I think a damp sponge would be better. I applied primer first and I set the foundation with powder and I haven't noticed it rubbing off alot. To my eye, the coverage is light to medium and looks natural. My skin hasn't broken out and it hasn't felt any drier. I couldn't decide on a rating since I don't really have much to compare it to but I'd go for 4.5 stars. I would repurchase this as the color worked, it's a decent product and it's reasonably priced.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by SwirlBaby83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First foundation I've ever purchased so I have no real point of reference. But I will say that in my search for light buildable coverage evening my skintone and minimizing redness, this is a winner. I have mine in natural beige (could've gone lighter but my neck is darker than my face so it all works out). Applied w fingers, nice even coverage, no need for concealer. The only cons are no pump, and it's too transferrable. I kept having to wipe off my phone after every convo! Yucky. But if I find a solution to this it'd be perfect! A repurchase for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by tiffhua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation did NOTHING for me. I even put on two layers and it gave me little to no coverage. I was not very happy considering that everyone compares this to the Nars Sheer Glow but no wayyyy people. I went and bought the Nars instead and am much happier with those results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by princess101

Canadian girls are really missing out on this product! Over the summer I purchased this online, sight unseen, and guessed my shade after googling swatches from beauty bloggers. My shade is Nude (40), which matches my NC25/30 summer skin, with yellow undertones. In the winter I'm paler and this is a tad dark, unless sheered out with a damp sponge and set with a lighter setting powder.

I generally have combo/oily skin, and when I use this, I apply primer just to my t-zone and proceed to apply this foundation. This gives me great medium coverage, but is buildable as it is lightweight and has a thinner, more liquid consistency than most liquid foundations. The finish is soft and natural, and somewhat dewy. It gives the skin a bit of "glow" but not in a greasy nor shimmery sort of way. I do have to blot my t-zone after four hours, but my makeup still looks fresh.

This has a yellow undertone, but not as yellow as MAC Pro Longwear or Nars. It is relatively inexpensive for drugstore foundation, as I only paid $9.99 USD, though I'm sure if this were sold in Canada it'd be twice the price. Not bad for a drugstore foundation; will repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No