July 28, 2014 | 1913 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by LauraLo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this when I reached the dregs of my Nars foundation and didn't feel like paying for another expensive product. It's non-greasy, goes on like a much more expensive foundation and doesn't settle into fine lines. Best of all, I was able to find an exact colour match for my pale, pinky-toned skin. The coverage is quite light but can 'build' easily. Since I don't like to cover my whole face with foundation, I use this more as a concealer and it blends very well for a natural look. The only drawback is the glass bottle, which isn't very hygienic and wastes product. I can't really say that I notice 'healthier' skin after using this, but at least it doesn't seem to cause or aggravate any problems. Overall, a great product for the price!

Update: After a few months of using this, I found that it had gone quite thin and also seemed to be irritating my skin so I switched to a BB cream with higher SPF for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by blndiee06

I gave been using this foundation on and off for about 5 years now, and it truly is one of my favorites.

I have oily, acne prone skin and my face always seems clearer after using this for several days. I top it with MAC natural skinfinish and I never get oily.

Love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Deanna2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a foundation for winter that was a little more moisturizing and less matte than my Revlon CS Mineral Mousse. I really like this foundation for its finish. It's not matte and not dewy but very natural-looking. The coverage is light to medium. When I used a foundation brush, it was lighter, but when I used my Sonia Kashuk synthetic flat blusher brush, coverage was medium. I can't comment on the longevity because I didn't put it to the test. I don't mind the packaging. I think a squeeze tube would be better, but it seems like everyone has their own preference.

While I liked almost everything about this foundation, I ended up returning it because it was too peachy for my fair skin. I purchased it in Classic Ivory and it wasn't bad, but I was looking for a truly neutral color and the peach tone bothered me. If they ever offered this in a neutral or even slightly yellow tone, I would gladly purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Thumadre96

I really love this foundation. I have combination-oily skin which means that my cheeks are kind of dry but my T-zone tends to get a bit oily. I have the color Fresh Beige and it matches my skin PERFECTLY. It doesn't oxidize on your skin and make you look orange and it blends beautifully. Since this makeup is not really thick, its easier to blend and doesn't dry faster than you can blend your makeup. It would be nice if they had a pump on the bottle, but its not really a big concern since it still comes out fairly well. I have used this product for two weeks and have not noticed ANY breakouts whatsoever. Their color selections does have more warm tones so it is limited to certain skin color. I love the dewy look that this foundation gives me but it could look oily if you don't set it with a powder, which I do. After the powder, it really gives me a natural and dewy finish without looking greasy or oily. The staying power is nice because I ran a mile, played tennis, and went through a whole school day without it disappearing or melting off my face. Overall, I REALLY recommend this product to dry/combo skin people and would definitely purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Hands down, THE BEST liquid foundation I've ever tried. My problem area is my cheeks, I have rosacea and redness that needs to be covered. I hardly ever get acne, and if I do, it's from my TOTM and it's minuscule compared to what other people get. I like the coverage it gives, I'd say light to medium, depending on how you apply it. I like to use a MAC 187 (stippling brush), but I'm going to try the Sigma F80 and see if I like it better.

I've used this foundation for about a week and a half now, and I can say that my skin looks AMAZING. The redness is going away, and the rosacea on my cheeks is looking much better.

My only gripe is that I think it should come with a pump, I feel like I waste a lot of product by pouring it. The texture is really liquidy and thin, so it's easy to pour out too much.

I think everyone should try out this foundation, even though it's on the pricier side for a drugstore foundation (around $10-11), it's one of the best!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by alyssabubbleteax3

I like this foundation alot, though my skin color changes alot so, i was not able to finish my bottle but i got half way. This foundation lasts a while, i like it because it covers well. But i hate the packaging, its unsanitary and it spills easily. I really wish this foundation had a pump, it would be so much better. (well i wish a lot of foundations had pumps.) Any way, the product itself is good :) i dont like the price its around 10 dollars but i think that is still exspencive for a foundation. Im thinking of trying something cheaper next time, but for mow i have the neutrogena clear skin and it works well, so i will stick with this one until my skin color changes again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Brittany123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination-dry-sensitive skin. My color for this FD is Buff 30, which is slightly off my real skin tone but wearable. The coverage is light-medium and gives me a slight glow (not oily, more like a natural glow) IF I put enough moisturizer prior to applying it. I tried wearing this FD the entire day and found that my skin became a little oily later that day. I'm not a big fan of the packaging because it's hard to control the amount of liquid coming out with the huge opening. I rarely use a foundation, probably like 2-3 times a month, so don't really have any strong opinions about this FD. But if I used a foundation daily, I would not use this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Marasy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Though I have foundations that work fine, I am always trying something new and was attracted to this because it seemed like a lightweight foundation and would be good for my skin when it gets dryer in the winter. But I just can't seem to get on board with this one, and I think its mostly because I never seem to like thin, watery feeling foundations, and also the color selection makes it difficult to find a decent match. I had to get the color Nude though it is a little too dark and orangey for me. The other shades were a bit too light or had too strong of a pink tone for me to want to try. (Especially for the price, why are drugstore foundations so expensive? If I'm paying a bit of money for it, I want it to work). Surprisingly, it does look okay on me but I have to be careful to avoid a cakey appearance, which you wouldn't think would be hard from a thin formula. It doesn't wear very long either, so I would use it for short trips to town.

Another thing that bothers me is that it does not say it is non comedogenic, something I didn't worry about when I first purchased since my skin had been behaving while on BCP... and I am having a breakout, mostly from clogged pores I am trying to clear. I am not sure this is the reason, but it is a suspect, and I am not using anything but concealer and powder until I clear up. I am going to try to keep working with this one, and maybe it will be a better match in the summer, but for now I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Nola504

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Color: Classic Ivory 10

I wanted to love this foundation. The color had just enough yellow in it to combat redness and coverage seemed adequate.

However, it was very drying to my skin and settled into pores and showed off flakes and, at times, appeared chaulky.

I did break out but I'm not sure if the foundation caused it.

I have read where the spf could be the drying agent in many foundations. My HG foundation, Covergirl Clean Makeup Normal, does not have SPF and does not dry out my skin or show flakes. I just wish it wasn't so pink based.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by chiquitatwist

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the way this foundation makes my skin feel. I have pretty sensitive skin and a little bit of acne scarring and it did a great job of covering my problem spots without being too heavy. I like the "dewy" look for winter. My previous foundation dried my skin out horribly. I only gave it a 4 because I haven't tested it in those humid summer months. Hopefully I will love it just as much then.