July 23, 2014 | 2066 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Extra Super Lash mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2007 1:20:00 PM More reviews by skruger

Ehh... so-so. It's mascara. Nothing special. After trying out various mascaras (although nothing beyond the $10 range) I have decided that my stand-by, Maybelline Full n' Lush still suits me the best but honestly, I don't see much difference with any claiming to have wonderful effects. On a cheap day, I decided to give this a whirl. The wand sucks. I actually cleaned off the wand from one of my Full n' Lush ones to be tossed and threw the Rimmel wand away- works a lot better, no clumping now. Makes me wonder if it is really the mascara wands that make the difference. Looks like I'll be going back to Maybelline after this- I'll finish it but not re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 12:11:00 PM More reviews by rutty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is an excellent mascara.i am addited to mascara i have tried evey single brand from rimmel,ysl,lancome,dior.and i have to say this is one of the best i have tried it goes on very smooth no clumps at all and you can build it up without it clumping for a more dramatic look.buy it and see for yourself.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2007 10:19:00 AM More reviews by twolunarspring

Yeak. This is *OK*. It's cheap, and you get what you pay for. I wouldn't use this without a good primer first (I use Blinc) because I'm a bit afraid for my lashes - in my experience, Rimmel stuff isn't as good for you as I would like. I bought this because I wanted to try blue mascara as I was told it would brighten my eyes. It does, but so would any mascara in this colour. It does build up well for dramatic volume, which I like, and it doesn't irritate. I think the "electric blue" colour is very pretty. Its fine. Nothing more, nothing less. Also, Rimmel are not nearly ethical enough - they are linked to animal testing, for example. A good reason not to buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2007 4:08:00 PM More reviews by lily_remains

Why does this have such rave reviews?

It's only redeeming feature is its price. It's sticky and makes my lashes feel as though they've been shellacked. It clumps my lashes into black spokes. It smudges so easily and after a few hours little black bits have flaked off from my...blinking?

When I tried to put on another coat, my eyelashes felt like they'd been coated with a drying glue and became very stiff. The brush is awkward to use as well. Plus, this makes my lashes so stiff and dry they HURT. Ow ow ow.

I've had better luck with dollar store mascaras, ironically.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2007 12:35:00 AM More reviews by punkgyrl

This is a pretty decent mascara, but i'm still searching and trying out other brands. For this mascara, it claims to separate lashes... it does to a point. I have thick, naturally black asian lashes, so it mite've not been a good idea to buy this type of mascara that separates my already sparse lashes. But it didn't really do much separating anyways. I only bought this because it was really cheap and the curved brush, i thought, would've curled my stubborn straight lashes, which it didn't but I don't think it really advertise it's curling power anyways. This good thing about this is that it made my lashes look longer, thicker and darker (which gave the illusion that I had more lashes). But for its price, I think it's worth a go. UPDATE: Product started to thicken. As a result, more clumping occurs. 1 star off for that.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2007 7:29:00 PM More reviews by mogwai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on the strength of MUAers reviews because I am searching for my HG mascara. THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT IT!!!!! This is in the garbage! I've bought mascaras in the past that were way too dry---this is the opposite. Maybe I just got a bad tube but it is one big , wet, gloopy mess. Wiping the wand is one messy operation!!
And even if another tube was better, it smears something fierce. STAY AWAY!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this mascara is great *IF* you want a very natural, subtle mascara look. it darkens and slightly lengthens lashes, separates very nicely, stays on well, and washes off with ease. i found it looks PERFECT on my lower lashes, doesn't even look like i have mascara on them, just looks like they're naturally black (and they're naturally white). for those gals that have been blessed with lush lashes, this would be an amazing buy. cost $2.66 and i think it's a steal. i myself would not repurchase ONLY because i like a lot of volume and oomph, but would definitely recommend it for someone who needs a natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by seniorita

i think this stuff is really great....if you want a more natural look, just 2 swipes are good...but if you wanna go for the dramatic look, layer it like crazy, and your lashes will look so long, lush, not clumpy or spidery! And! It curls! I have thick, stick straight lashes that, after curling them, go straight with most mascaras. But this stuff, all I have to do is brush upwards and hold it for a sec, and presto! No lash curler needed...and its so so cheap. Update: Hm...I wrote that when I bought this in Spain...and now that I'm back in Canada, and have repurchased...maybe I got a bad batch because it isn't working nearly as well as it did before...gonna give it another try, and am definitely crossing my fingers!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2007 1:44:00 PM More reviews by cherryshake290

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was an impulse buy for me-- I was going to get another tube of Clinique's Naturally Glossy Mascara but I got this instead, hoping for a very natural mascara without much ommph... and that's exactly what this product did. It's a good mascara for low-drama eyes. It doesn't do anything amazing. It just tinted my blonde lashed black and made them look slightly longer. Therefore, I like it, although I do like Clinique's Naturally Glossy a little better. Do not buy this expecting fabulous, thick & full lashes, it will NOT help.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Destany

One day I was in the drug store and walked by the Rimmel section in makeup. I quickly grabbed a mascara (this one) and went home. I tried it the next day and shocked. I cannot believe how a product so inexpensive and under advertised was so amazingly good. I cannot explain how taken aback by this mascara I am. Like I said previously it is second best, if not as good as Great Lash. It thickens and lengthens without looking or feeling clumpy. Love it.