December 18, 2014 | 1620 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Extra Super Lash mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2007 10:11:00 AM More reviews by rd_donaldson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this in brownish-black for a day look. It seperates and darkens my lashes, but it isn't overly dramatic. It's what I'm looking for during the day. It seems to dry out pretty rapidly, but as cheap as it is, I can afford to buy another tube a month or so later.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2007 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently bought this again, after being disappointed with a CG mascara and remembering that I liked Rimmel's Extra Super Lash a while ago. Well, I still like it. Makes my blond lashes seem longer and glossy black; isn't thick and clumpy; doesn't flake or irritate my sensitive eyes; and it's easy to remove. The only thing that prevents it from getting HG status is that it *can* smudge, esp. if you use a moisturising undereye concealer.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2007 12:24:00 PM More reviews by falconcutie364

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i wanted to like this, but i just couldn't. it was perfect for a day time look. seperated and lengthed a tiny bit (nothing overly dramatic.... hense the day look). it was really cheap and worth the money. my only problem with it was, that it stings my eyes, when i take it off it burns. when i cry, it burns. when i rub my eye it burns. it burns if an eyelash falls into my eye.

i wanted to like it so bad.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2007 4:02:00 PM More reviews by wannaHG

Okay, i bought this mascara in the first place, thinking that i would get some nice dramatic lashes coz i heard SO much about Rimmel's good reputation of mascara. Well i guess i was wrong..... this mascara sucked majorly and it didn't "volumize" or "dramatize" whatsoever. It lengthened a BIT, but it took the life outta my curl(i always curl my lahses) when i applied it. Didn't add any thickness, and was a bit clumpy. It didnt flake though, i must admit. props for that. I have average thickness of lashes but they are a bit short (im asian) but this mascara din't do ANY wonders at all. Now this stuff just lies hidden in my bottom desk drawer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2007 2:13:00 AM More reviews by fionaau

FOr me, I like my lashes to look dramatic and "out there". If this is your case, then this isn't the right mascara for you. But not by any means is extra super lash mascara bad. It does lengthen a bit but no volumizing whatsoever. So when I wake up and want to run out to the grocery store, this is what I put on for the natural look. One tube also lasts quite a while. Doesn't dry out at all and I've had it for a while now.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2007 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Minnie007

A god mascara if you are looking to get an office or a normal day look, no smudges or flaking and it stays on for hours .I don't know if i would buy it again because I want a special or dramatic look .

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2007 1:20:00 PM More reviews by skruger

Ehh... so-so. It's mascara. Nothing special. After trying out various mascaras (although nothing beyond the $10 range) I have decided that my stand-by, Maybelline Full n' Lush still suits me the best but honestly, I don't see much difference with any claiming to have wonderful effects. On a cheap day, I decided to give this a whirl. The wand sucks. I actually cleaned off the wand from one of my Full n' Lush ones to be tossed and threw the Rimmel wand away- works a lot better, no clumping now. Makes me wonder if it is really the mascara wands that make the difference. Looks like I'll be going back to Maybelline after this- I'll finish it but not re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 12:11:00 PM More reviews by rutty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is an excellent mascara.i am addited to mascara i have tried evey single brand from rimmel,ysl,lancome,dior.and i have to say this is one of the best i have tried it goes on very smooth no clumps at all and you can build it up without it clumping for a more dramatic look.buy it and see for yourself.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2007 10:19:00 AM More reviews by twolunarspring

Yeak. This is *OK*. It's cheap, and you get what you pay for. I wouldn't use this without a good primer first (I use Blinc) because I'm a bit afraid for my lashes - in my experience, Rimmel stuff isn't as good for you as I would like. I bought this because I wanted to try blue mascara as I was told it would brighten my eyes. It does, but so would any mascara in this colour. It does build up well for dramatic volume, which I like, and it doesn't irritate. I think the "electric blue" colour is very pretty. Its fine. Nothing more, nothing less. Also, Rimmel are not nearly ethical enough - they are linked to animal testing, for example. A good reason not to buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2007 4:08:00 PM More reviews by lily_remains

Why does this have such rave reviews?

It's only redeeming feature is its price. It's sticky and makes my lashes feel as though they've been shellacked. It clumps my lashes into black spokes. It smudges so easily and after a few hours little black bits have flaked off from my...blinking?

When I tried to put on another coat, my eyelashes felt like they'd been coated with a drying glue and became very stiff. The brush is awkward to use as well. Plus, this makes my lashes so stiff and dry they HURT. Ow ow ow.

I've had better luck with dollar store mascaras, ironically.