April 17, 2014 | 1290 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Extra Super Lash mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2007 12:35:00 AM More reviews by punkgyrl

This is a pretty decent mascara, but i'm still searching and trying out other brands. For this mascara, it claims to separate lashes... it does to a point. I have thick, naturally black asian lashes, so it mite've not been a good idea to buy this type of mascara that separates my already sparse lashes. But it didn't really do much separating anyways. I only bought this because it was really cheap and the curved brush, i thought, would've curled my stubborn straight lashes, which it didn't but I don't think it really advertise it's curling power anyways. This good thing about this is that it made my lashes look longer, thicker and darker (which gave the illusion that I had more lashes). But for its price, I think it's worth a go. UPDATE: Product started to thicken. As a result, more clumping occurs. 1 star off for that.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2007 7:29:00 PM More reviews by mogwai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on the strength of MUAers reviews because I am searching for my HG mascara. THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT IT!!!!! This is in the garbage! I've bought mascaras in the past that were way too dry---this is the opposite. Maybe I just got a bad tube but it is one big , wet, gloopy mess. Wiping the wand is one messy operation!!
And even if another tube was better, it smears something fierce. STAY AWAY!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this mascara is great *IF* you want a very natural, subtle mascara look. it darkens and slightly lengthens lashes, separates very nicely, stays on well, and washes off with ease. i found it looks PERFECT on my lower lashes, doesn't even look like i have mascara on them, just looks like they're naturally black (and they're naturally white). for those gals that have been blessed with lush lashes, this would be an amazing buy. cost $2.66 and i think it's a steal. i myself would not repurchase ONLY because i like a lot of volume and oomph, but would definitely recommend it for someone who needs a natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by seniorita

i think this stuff is really great....if you want a more natural look, just 2 swipes are good...but if you wanna go for the dramatic look, layer it like crazy, and your lashes will look so long, lush, not clumpy or spidery! And! It curls! I have thick, stick straight lashes that, after curling them, go straight with most mascaras. But this stuff, all I have to do is brush upwards and hold it for a sec, and presto! No lash curler needed...and its so so cheap. Update: Hm...I wrote that when I bought this in Spain...and now that I'm back in Canada, and have repurchased...maybe I got a bad batch because it isn't working nearly as well as it did before...gonna give it another try, and am definitely crossing my fingers!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2007 1:44:00 PM More reviews by cherryshake290

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was an impulse buy for me-- I was going to get another tube of Clinique's Naturally Glossy Mascara but I got this instead, hoping for a very natural mascara without much ommph... and that's exactly what this product did. It's a good mascara for low-drama eyes. It doesn't do anything amazing. It just tinted my blonde lashed black and made them look slightly longer. Therefore, I like it, although I do like Clinique's Naturally Glossy a little better. Do not buy this expecting fabulous, thick & full lashes, it will NOT help.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Destany

One day I was in the drug store and walked by the Rimmel section in makeup. I quickly grabbed a mascara (this one) and went home. I tried it the next day and shocked. I cannot believe how a product so inexpensive and under advertised was so amazingly good. I cannot explain how taken aback by this mascara I am. Like I said previously it is second best, if not as good as Great Lash. It thickens and lengthens without looking or feeling clumpy. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2007 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Gidge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

one work can sum it up: eh.
does nothing for volume, but still has a thick brush.
you have to apply endlessly to get anything to show up.
if the title was "tinted subtle cheap mascara," it would be more fitting than the super hero name it was given in the lab.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2006 12:42:00 AM More reviews by brilliant_brunette18

one of my favs!!! lengthens and volumizes almost perfectly! doesnt flake or irritate my eyes.real cheap too! i took off a lippie for the brush,only bcuz i like real thick brushes.but im already on my second tube of this.love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2006 12:57:00 AM More reviews by awful_cherry

I found this pretty worthless. It promised thickening, and was cheaper than the other Rimmel mascaras, which is why I bought it. It made my lashes "pop" a little, but wasn't dramatic or volumizing at all. I already have black lashes, so "tinting" mascaras are worthless to me. I could see someone who really just wants to color their lashes and keep them natural looking enjoying this product, but I like a dramatic, volumizing mascara, which this just isn't. I'm sticking to my Loreal Voluminous. Too bad, because I do love Rimmel, and it's cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2006 3:26:00 PM More reviews by quix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this for $3-4 on sale, and it's great as a basic mascara. It doesn't clump or come off at all, which I thought was wondrous. As a friend put it, though, "It didn't do much for my lashes." It doesn't particularly do much thickening. However, it will still darken and accentuate your lashes, so I'd say it does the trick. It didn't completely dry out or wreck my lashes, either. If you want any special effects, like thickening, lengthening, conditioning or curling (although if you curl your lashes before applying this mascara, that'll work too), buy a mascara that is meant to do all that. If you're trying to be subtle, this is probably a good bet. Plus, at the price, it's definitely worth a try.

Update: after having it for soooo long, it's become my HG everyday mascara (due to the not-clumping). If you apply a coat on the upper side of your lashes, pulling straight through, then zigzag thru the bottom half, it still looks spectacular.