Rimmel Extra Super Lash mascara

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

i first tried this mascara bc i was a broke college student. yeah, i didn't want to spend $5 on a mascara. so i grabed for this one, which at that time was $2. yeah, $2! (@walmart) i believe that's it's not longer $2 but still pretty cheap. i thought to myself, 'wow, this is the best mascara i ever tried.'

later in my working days, i came back to this mascara and thought 'wow, this is the best mascara i ever tried.' i used and re-purchased this mascara many times.

i have moved on from this mascara, finding that i need a waterproof formula. (does this one come in waterproof?) i'm happy with my current mascara, which is another drugstore brand. but if i ever pass by this one and see it in waterproof, i'd probably give it a go.

HG for me, thanks to a MUAer recommendation. I could never commit to another mascara, I had been through Lancome, Dior, L'Oreal, Maybelline, Cover Girl and other Rimmel mascaras that all left my satisfied for a few weeks but not longer. In the last 8 months I have had to replace my mascaras monthly because they would dry out so quickly and leave me unhappy. Finally, after over two months of using this mascara, I have bought a second tube. I have short thin lashes and this makes them look long, dark and gorgeous. Hopefully Extra Super Fantastic Awesome Eyelash and I will enjoy a long relationship together.

After trying out more expensive mascaras (Chanel's Inimitable and Diorshow), I am happy to return to this old favorite. For the dirt cheap price of $2.99 at Target, I have nice dark, defined lashes without flakes or smudges. I should say that I like a more natural look (used L'Oreal's Featherlash for years), so I'm not looking for anything dramatic. I also don't use an eyelash curler, so I don't know how this mascara does with that. I just love this stuff and won't pay big bucks for mascara again.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Wow, this far exceeds my expectations for a cheap drugstore mascara, but after being disappointed with Mac, Estee Lauder and numerous other drugstore brands I decided to buy this one after being pleased with Rimmel eyeshadows and eye pencils. First off, the packaging is nice, it definately doesnt look cheap and you get a whole lot of product, enough to last you a few months. I've had mine for about a month and it has yet to dry out. Although the look is more natural, you can continue to add on layers to create more drama. I add about 3 layers myself. But the reason I love this mascara is because I have very oily skin and greasy eyelids, and all other mascara would bleed into my eyes, smudge, and basically melt all over my face in the matter of a couple of hours. With this mascara I can apply it in the morning, work all day, come home 12 hours later and it's still in place.
That's something even the most expensive mascaras couldnt live up to. Also, I like the brush, I use the straight one myself, and I find its very easy to control the application to the bottom lashes, which is just another bonus.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this in brownish-black for a day look. It seperates and darkens my lashes, but it isn't overly dramatic. It's what I'm looking for during the day. It seems to dry out pretty rapidly, but as cheap as it is, I can afford to buy another tube a month or so later.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I recently bought this again, after being disappointed with a CG mascara and remembering that I liked Rimmel's Extra Super Lash a while ago. Well, I still like it. Makes my blond lashes seem longer and glossy black; isn't thick and clumpy; doesn't flake or irritate my sensitive eyes; and it's easy to remove. The only thing that prevents it from getting HG status is that it *can* smudge, esp. if you use a moisturising undereye concealer.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i wanted to like this, but i just couldn't. it was perfect for a day time look. seperated and lengthed a tiny bit (nothing overly dramatic.... hense the day look). it was really cheap and worth the money. my only problem with it was, that it stings my eyes, when i take it off it burns. when i cry, it burns. when i rub my eye it burns. it burns if an eyelash falls into my eye.

i wanted to like it so bad.

Okay, i bought this mascara in the first place, thinking that i would get some nice dramatic lashes coz i heard SO much about Rimmel's good reputation of mascara. Well i guess i was wrong..... this mascara sucked majorly and it didn't "volumize" or "dramatize" whatsoever. It lengthened a BIT, but it took the life outta my curl(i always curl my lahses) when i applied it. Didn't add any thickness, and was a bit clumpy. It didnt flake though, i must admit. props for that. I have average thickness of lashes but they are a bit short (im asian) but this mascara din't do ANY wonders at all. Now this stuff just lies hidden in my bottom desk drawer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

FOr me, I like my lashes to look dramatic and "out there". If this is your case, then this isn't the right mascara for you. But not by any means is extra super lash mascara bad. It does lengthen a bit but no volumizing whatsoever. So when I wake up and want to run out to the grocery store, this is what I put on for the natural look. One tube also lasts quite a while. Doesn't dry out at all and I've had it for a while now.

A god mascara if you are looking to get an office or a normal day look, no smudges or flaking and it stays on for hours .I don't know if i would buy it again because I want a special or dramatic look .

Popular Mascaras