Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Ok I didnt start wearing makeup until i was 21 so b4 that I had almost perfect skin i didnt knw much about beauty so i just washed my face with regular old soap dove soap i dont remember it ever upsetting my skin (face) anyways after i started using makeup daily foundation full coverage eyeshadow,mascara ect.....I started Breaking out, Clogged Pores, Black Heads ect.....(This was while allready using proper facial cleansers Since I heard your never suppose to use a bar of soap I tossed my Dove )... Anyways I freaked I started researching More on facial cleansers i tried everything eventually i sticked to cetaphil it worked until recently it started breaking me out i used for about 6 months and than it turned on me = ( I mean it wasnt very good of a cleanser for heavy makeup i had to use makeup removers and had 2 wash twice anyways so i started to notice bad break outs and freaked so i remembrd about dove "Beauty Bar" And Thought Id go Against Odds and See if it Did anything for me & it Did Its fab ! not only did it clean all my makeup away but it removed all my Makeup,Blackheads and Breakouts, As of Now No New Break Outs Its been About 1 Month Its inexpensive Oh And for Ref....I have comb skin.So i know your not suppose to use bar soap on your face but i havent seen No Bad Signs and it doesnt dry out my skin So Im sticking with it I jst make sure i tone And moisturize.

on 1/5/2010 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this soap! it smells great and it makes my skin soft :) I use it just on my body but I've also used it on my face a few times (years ago) and it doesn't dry it out. for me, one bar lasts a month when used daily for showering. love it!

on 1/5/2010 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Why, oh why, haven't I used this way before I spent tons on all kinds of facial cleansers??! So many of the cleansers I've used are full of detergents and drying ingredients that have caused me alot of grief with my skin since it's so sensitive and acne prone. This is agreeing with my skin, doesn't dry me out and it so cheap. I love the scent and it goes a LONG way. I use it with a washcloth on my face and it removes all traces of makeup and leave me with a glow. I absolutely love it!

on 1/5/2010 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am so dissapointed in this soap. I tried it for my face and it broke me out terribly. I have very sensitive skin and Dove aggrivated it big time. Though it wasn't drying and made the skin that didn't break out very soft. I wish it would have worked for me. The lather was very soft and moisturizing.

on 12/30/2009 1:50:00 PM

I love this soap, it is cheap for a big pack of it and lasts a long time. It really cleared my skin and I love the smell, or lack of. I just smell very clean, it is nice. Also, it doesn't dry my skin out, which is a good thing because I don't always remember to moisturize.

on 12/30/2009 1:06:00 PM

Just perfect: smells divine, leaves my skin moisturised after a shower and lasts ages. This soap bar is my HG!! It is much better than more expensive - luxury brands and the price is amazing (very affordable).

on 12/29/2009 9:56:00 AM

I pretty much can't live without Dove basic soap in my shower!
It's non-drying, smells great, lathers up nicely and leaves skin feeling soft. I use it in the shower, as well as for my face sometimes, if I notice breakouts or if my skin gets really sensitive - I switch to a basic care, Dove for cleaning plus a basic moisturiser, and it usually clears up my skin pretty fast!
LOVE!

on 12/6/2009 3:38:00 PM

Love this for my combination skin as it does not exacerbate my rosacea or cause any acne flairups.

I use the unscented version. The bar lasts long, lathers well, and removes makeup and debris from my skin.

Overall a great product!

on 12/2/2009 9:00:00 PM

Have used the unscented sensitive skin version of this bar and liked it very much. Recently, though, I have had problems with an itchy rash on my face (most likely eczema) which doesn't repond well to the cream my dr. gave me. I stopped using this soap and switched to Spectrojel a few days ago, and I am almost nearly clear. I like the smell and the soft skin resulting from this soap when I use it in the shower, so I will probably purchase again. Maybe this crazy sensitive skin on my face is just temporary. I can wish, can't I?

on 12/2/2009 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love dove soaps! My dermatologist recommended this soap to use as a face cleanser!