October 24, 2014 | 1704 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

One of 2 "bar soaps" that does not irritate my face at all (other being Olay's bar for sensitive skin - but that bar soap falls apart faster than Dove's, so I use Dove. However, would use Olay again if store were out of Dove.) Helpful hint - keep Dove (or Olay) bar soap on top of one of those little plastic soap holders that allow drainage thru the bottom = bars last MUCH longer and don''t fall apart nearly as easily. But I digress....

I use these as my handsoap at my bathroom sink, as my shower soap in my shower and even have them in said places in my guest bathroom (in case DH is running over into my shower time in our master bath, I can just skip over to the guest bath). I like having so many on hand because you never know when you might run out of regular facial cleanser (Cetaphil in am, Pond's Cold Creme in pm) and be standing in the bathroom or in the shower, dripping wet w/ no facial cleanser left to use...this has actually happened to me several times (pre-baby I was a total morning OCD person - little details like running out of product I ALWAYS noticed ahead of time - fast forward 4 years + 1 toddler later = I have 0 brain cell left that operate in the wee early am hours:P )

So, I can use Dove's Beauty Bar w/ no hesitiation - my face never breaks out, feels slightly moisturized, (not greasy).

I did just discover another use - MU brush cleaner - well part of one. Dove Beauty Bar is white. I was desperate to clean 5 MU brushes one night and decided to try this. Wet soap, wet brush, brush over soap in circles = see all the product darkening the soap and then rinsing off. Rinse brush several times. Follow w/ a small puddle of Cetaphil in the palm of my hand (I have the regular version, not the oily skin version), rub brush in circles, rinse and voila - clean, residue-free MU brushes! Whoo hoo - cheap alternative as I always have these 2 products in my house (yes, unless I happen to run out and forget to re-purchase :P )

I'm trying to cut down on # of products and $ needed to look good. I have used MAC brush cleaner (fine but $$), baby shampoo (again fine, but time consuming), baby wipes, MU remover wipes = not as effective.

So this will be my new MU brush cleansing HG method!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by ewmcgrath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

there is a reason why this is a classic. it hydrates my dry skin better than any other product out there. also, this soap does not do that weird stay wet, get all over your shower thing, so no wasting of product(yay). also the price can not be beat. love

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by LittleBear23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really disappointed in the soap. This is a case where my memory failed me and I was swayed by marketing. I really thought I remembered this being moisturizing and since it SAYS it has all this moisturizer in it... So, disappointing. This soap doesn't feel moisturizing at all. Perhaps it's just because I'm used to more expensive soaps now? I really wanted to like this because I'm tired of paying $8 or so for one bar of soap. Unfortunately this soap is the bare minimum of what I would put on my skin. The smell is nice though. I marked that I would buy it again because if I am stuck somewhere with no soap and only a supermarket to buy it at, then this is what I would buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG soap bar, and I will be a user for life. I enjoy using my fun shower gels, but sometimes they don't clean me as well as the bar soap does, especially after I exercise and I'm all sweaty. This soap is a great cleanser that you can even use on your face in a pinch. It doesn't bother my eczema, which is extremely bad in the winter. It rinses clean and has a very clean smell that is only Dove. I would recommend this to anybody.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by sugarxcookieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I`m usually a shower gel kinda girl but if I had to use a bar, I would definitely wanna use the dove beauty bars. It`s moisturizing and also gives you that clean and fresh feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 4:09:00 AM More reviews by MyMajesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best soap I have ever used and I used a lot. I don't use this one on my body or on my face. Just to wash my hands ...
I preffer Dove Shower Gels instead of the soaps just because they are more practical. Anyway...back to the point!
I have been using this one for such a long time and it seems that I wil never be tired of it. I always come back to Dove, because, in my opinion, no soap out there doesa better job when it comes to hydration. My hands are really soft after washing them with this so I would definitely buy it again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2009 2:47:00 AM More reviews by broadway0rbust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this soap since I was a little girl - by default. My brother has extra sensitive skin and our pediatrician told my mom that she should have him use this, and this is what she bought us while we were growing up. And since it's what I know, I've just kept on buying it. Perhaps the 4 lippies I give it is due to nostalgia and brand loyalty rather than the product itself. If I could give it 3.5 lippies, then I would.

Now, I have tried other bar soaps and can honestly say that this stuff doesn't leave my skin dry, itchy, squeeky, or tight feeling. That's a plus for me. It has a very mild scent - it may bother some, me, not so much. I mean, what can I say? It's bar soap (!) that I think is better than most of the mainstream stuff out there. I like it. I'm not a fan of liquid body soap, and I like the price. It's affordable. I'll continue to use it. It cleans great and it's gentle, so why not?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I only use this on my body, NOT on my face

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by DarkestStar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Seems like no matter how often I stray away from this product, I always come back to Dove Beauty Bar. I love the soft feeling it gives my skin and that classy smell. I love the original better than the other Dove Bars out there. Very pure and simple. I need to stock up on this more often.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

I can use this on my body just fine as long as I follow with a good body cream and/or oil. It smells good, like clean and roses, albeit a pretty grandmotherly smell to me since it's what my grandmother used when I was little. On the other hand, if I use it on my face my skin FREAKS and I break out like crazy. The bar seems to last a long time. My boyfriend uses this, which is sort of an odd scent-sation at times, but whatever works...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is actually, the only soap I can use, because all other soaps irritate my skin and leave me itchy. I have very sensitive skin, so anything with lots of fragrance, or dyes make my skin itch. I love this product and I always come back to it, because I know no other product agrees with my skin like this one does.