Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 2/14/2010 7:56:00 AM

My fav go to soap! Does not dry out my skin, smells good! <3...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Well, being an teen, and an acne-sufferer, the first thing I did when I began breaking out was head to the chemist and damage my skin with products. Facial cleanser, toner, moisturiser, facial scrub, facial mask, spot treatment, facial wipes, gosh! the list was endless. Then my mom kicked some sense into me. Stop using all these products, she said. And I did. I used soap on my face instead, that too - only once a day in the shower. And this really cleared my skin up and left it soft and moisturised. And that soap was Dove. The scent is lovely, the lather is luxurious (just enough, not toooo lathery, that jus means its harsh with chemicals) the feeling it leaves on my skin is awesome. Soft, clear and clean skin. What more does one want? Thankyou Dove. If I could, I'd give it a gazillion stars.

on 2/12/2010 5:12:00 PM

I have so many great things to say about this bar! It does everything, Cleanses, Moisturizes, Perfect for shaving, and after I use it I just feel super fresh and clean. I have not yet tried out Dove on my face but I am thinking about it, because all the facial cleansers I have tried just seem like glorified versions of laundry detergent. Well anyway, will update soon once I try this out on my face (:

on 2/12/2010 8:57:00 AM

So I was a firm Olay buyer for quite a long time... then it was a combination of that silly advertisement Dove has going with the women washing mirrors with bars of soap and that i developed hard bumps of collected dry skin on the back of my thighs (I'm thinking its most likely a mild case of KP). After reading up I decided to get a gentile soap.. Dove .. and add AM Lactin to the routine. Now im not good about lotion by any means... so i only remember to do the backs of my thighs with the AM Lactin. However.... the rest of my skin feels amazing... super soft and just for lack of a more appropriate descriptive word.. feminine.
I do not and would not use this for my face though. I am a firm believer that there are facial washes out there for a reason.
All the best everyone!

on 2/11/2010 10:44:00 AM

It's a all time favorite for most. Pros: lathers well, very creamy, good for dry skin & winter weather. Cons: melts away really fast, probably due to the cold cream ingrediant, costly since you go thru it easily.

on 2/9/2010 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It's my favorite soap. It smells very nice, lathers well, doesn't dry skin out. And it lasts forever!
I don't use it on my face, because I think it causes some breakouts. But it's great for my body. I always take this little helper on vacations.

on 2/6/2010 12:15:00 PM

I have been using Dove for abou 6 months now on my face. I was a little anxious about using something that didn't have any anti-bacterial components to it, but it has worked great! I used to have trouble getting all my mascara ( and who knows what other makeup) off at night in the shower -- now it is effortless. Dove is a nice gentle cleanser that doesn't irritate and helps maintain a natural balance to my skin. I never worry about overdrying anymore, and I really don't worry about whether or not I am getting my skin clean, because it really does do a good job with that.

on 1/26/2010 10:38:00 PM

Dove soap has been my cleanser of choice for years for reliably soft, calm, clear skin. It is *fantastic* for sensitive skin, and was the only soap I could use as a child. I have recommended it to friends with every skin type, and it seems to work for everyone. The smell is fresh and it lathers really richly. It cuts through make-up, even stubborn eye make-up. Also works for shaving legs, in a pinch.

If you're looking for skin-care product to do double/triple-duty in your travel bag, grab a bar of Dove.

on 1/24/2010 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A staple product in my household for years. I use it to get heavy-duty make-up off before resulting to a scrub or cleanser. It doesn't irritate my skin or dry it out, so it must be quite gentle. It also seems to moisturize a little, so my skin doesn't feel completely stripped of moisture like with the use of certain other soaps. I use it under the shower or while I'm bathing on my whole body too. I use on its own to lather and cleanse or with a pair of rough gloves to exfoliate. I then use shower gel to scent my skin and it's as lovely and smooth as ever. Definitely a HG.

on 1/12/2010 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

My favorite soapy cleanser on the planet!! Feels creamy smooth when you lather it, removes makeup better than some higher priced cleansers without stripping your skin, and I LOVE it's neutral and soft scent. My favorite, favorite soap. I will always buy it, unless they change the formulation, which I doubt they will since it's been around for decades. PURE LOVE!!!!