September 17, 2014 | 1985 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2009 2:47:00 AM More reviews by broadway0rbust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this soap since I was a little girl - by default. My brother has extra sensitive skin and our pediatrician told my mom that she should have him use this, and this is what she bought us while we were growing up. And since it's what I know, I've just kept on buying it. Perhaps the 4 lippies I give it is due to nostalgia and brand loyalty rather than the product itself. If I could give it 3.5 lippies, then I would.

Now, I have tried other bar soaps and can honestly say that this stuff doesn't leave my skin dry, itchy, squeeky, or tight feeling. That's a plus for me. It has a very mild scent - it may bother some, me, not so much. I mean, what can I say? It's bar soap (!) that I think is better than most of the mainstream stuff out there. I like it. I'm not a fan of liquid body soap, and I like the price. It's affordable. I'll continue to use it. It cleans great and it's gentle, so why not?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I only use this on my body, NOT on my face

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by DarkestStar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Seems like no matter how often I stray away from this product, I always come back to Dove Beauty Bar. I love the soft feeling it gives my skin and that classy smell. I love the original better than the other Dove Bars out there. Very pure and simple. I need to stock up on this more often.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

I can use this on my body just fine as long as I follow with a good body cream and/or oil. It smells good, like clean and roses, albeit a pretty grandmotherly smell to me since it's what my grandmother used when I was little. On the other hand, if I use it on my face my skin FREAKS and I break out like crazy. The bar seems to last a long time. My boyfriend uses this, which is sort of an odd scent-sation at times, but whatever works...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is actually, the only soap I can use, because all other soaps irritate my skin and leave me itchy. I have very sensitive skin, so anything with lots of fragrance, or dyes make my skin itch. I love this product and I always come back to it, because I know no other product agrees with my skin like this one does.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGumdrops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

one over my go to soaps because it never dries out my skin and it has a mild scent. my fAV body soap!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by naomi9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe it's taken me so long to review this product. I've been using this for about 10 years (after switching from Ivory). It never leaves a film on my skin, it smells so lovely, and I feel clean - never tight. All of the fancy body washes are just a waste of time. I just wish they would make this bar in a lavender scent. Now that would be heavenly...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by AshleyD2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

This bar is really drying and does not help soothe my sensitive skin. Will never buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by nursesc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I did not like this. But, I really dont like any bar soaps. Bars leave me feeling like I have a film on my skin. Try the shower gel, its much better and smells great! Love Dove!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by booyaga

It's very nice and basic imo. It is drying sometimes, but rarely. I think this is one of those products I will use throughout my whole life (unless I find something better :P)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Autumn13

Hmmm...I guess,I'm also the minority on this one. Once in a while, I would accidently buy this (and I buy the pack) because I forget that I really don't like it. It leaves a film on my skin. I really don't like that filmy feeling. :-( But, I love the smell and that's why I keep buying it accidently. It usually ends up in the kitchen sink since I wash my hands a lot when I cook and cringe at the film that it leaves on my hands. But, I have to use it up. :-) I still have 7 left from two packs from last year and this year so far. :-)