January 30, 2015 | 1874 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2007 7:03:00 PM More reviews by petitedollhouse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

General - This didn't do much to my straight, thin, asian eyelashes. It didn't hold a curl or make my eyelashes anymore noticeable. It made my eyelashes like spider legs and it was clumpy if I tried to make my eyelashes look more thick by applying another layer. I was pretty disappointed, I have read so many good reviews about it in magazines. It smudged sometimes when I sweat but it didn't get flakey and the tube hasn't dried out yet after six months.

Price - Fairly reasonably cheap for a tube at Shoppers Drug Mart. I think it's around $5CDN when it's on sale.

Packaging - The brush was the straight brush and fairly tiny, which I think is a good thing. The tiny brush is good for doing the bottom eyelashes. The lid part of the tube did get messy after a few uses but it didn't really bug me. The formula was alright, dark like any typical mascara and watery but not watery that it's smudging all your eyes.

Overall - If this actually did something to my eyelashes I would adore it, since it's fairly cheap and the brush is nice. Sadly, it didn't do anything fantastic. I won't be repurchasing this mascara after I finish this tube. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2007 10:25:00 PM More reviews by GOLDIE22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is probably the worst one I've bought. I had read in magazines it was good event though it was inexpensive. Forget about it! This mascara feels like it never dries, so I you even touch your eye for one second, mascara will all over your hand and under you eye. That was enough for me to neve ruse it again, what a waste of money!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2007 6:34:00 PM More reviews by suziegurl88

WORSTTT MASCARA OUT THERE ON THE MARKET!!! idont know who even buys this crap!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2007 11:46:00 AM More reviews by klutzx01

I don't know why magazines call this the "drugstore secret," but this mascara is horrible! The brush doesn't deliver what it's supposed to do, and the formula is super wet and loose. It doesn't lengthen, curl, volumize, or even COAT my lashes. One thing I would use it on is for lower lashes that need minimal attention.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by vivia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK ladies, I really put this mascara to the test! I went to a doctor's appointment on Valentine's Day for shortness of breath and was whisked into the hospital where I was kept captive on IV antibiotics for over a week. I had a half-used tube of blackest black great lash mascara in my purse, and was also wearing it that day. Sometimes (admit it - you too?) I try to get away with only putting mascara on every other day because it's so boring to apply every day - sometimes it looks fine, sometimes really awful. I have a dozen different types I bounce back and forth between trying to get a good look. Well, here I was without my Lancome, or other la-de-da fancy mascaras in the hospital. I touched up with my Great lash tube a little each day, and I am here to tell you that that mascara looked good for over a week. It didn't flake or clump - just kind of naturally wore off enough so that when I applied more it looked fresh and good. And I am no spring chicken who can look good without quite a bit of effort. Maybelline is really doing something right with this brand. My tube is worn enough that I'm not even sure if it is waterproof or not. Only the "blackest black" and "great lash" lettering still shows. But it is the green and pink smaller size tube. This is truly a worthy holy grail of a mascara! Not to bash some other more expensive brands, but jeez, there are some horrible mascaras with huge price tags out there (I will mention Lancome and Clinique as being very disappointing).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2007 6:24:00 PM More reviews by foreverjoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had heard about this mascara before so I decided to try it for myself...terrible clumping. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2007 12:03:00 AM More reviews by 96441

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to purchase this because you got a free lipstick with it as well.
I don't really like it because it makes my lashes clump and stick together. Too much product comes out of the tube onto the brush. They should of made the opening to the tube smaller, so not as much product would be left on the brush. Even though I wipe some off it's still to much. It really doesn't do much for your lashes either, in terms of lengthening, separation and thickening. It's not the worst I've tried but for the same price there are a lot better mascaras out there. One positive it'e easy to remove.
Overall I wasn't impressed and wont repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by jamieyi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've heard a lot of good reiews about this product so I decided to purchase it and I didn't think it was all that. It's nice how it seperates the lashes,but sometimes it clumps up leaviving certain lashes darker that the other. I'm not sure if they have a waterproof one but this smudges and that's not what I want in a mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2007 8:07:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I do like this, because it makes my lashes look extra dark and extra long. The only gripe I have is that it does seem to run under my eyes throughout the course of the day. I would buy this again, however, Full n Soft is still my favorite.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2007 9:08:00 PM More reviews by quix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was the first mascara I ever bought, and it turned out to be an ill-advised choice. It's extremely messy, leaving wet clumps all over your lashes, and smudging underneath your eyes, leaving you with awful dark circles. Not attractive! At the time, I was suspicious, since no one else seemed to have so many problems with their mascaras, and eventually I switched to Volum'Express Waterproof - another Maybelline product, but much neater and more precise. The sales assistant from whom I bought it told me that a lot of people had problems with Blackest Black being clumpy. I tossed out my old tube of this and while I might try regular Great Lash, I'd never want to use this stuff again. They should at least have made it waterproof.