Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Blackest Black

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/21/2007 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It works for me...but I'm only going to repurchase it if i have to. it can smudge pretty bad.

on 4/18/2007 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my favourite basic mascara - I love it! Great consistency, doesn't smudge and doesn't clump!

on 3/31/2007 11:27:00 AM

This mascara works great for me in terms of depositing colour onto my lashes. It doesn't add volume, but it's great for everyday. As long as I let it dry between coats and after application, it doesn't smudge. The colour is very very black, which is great for me becasue I need my lashes to show up behind my eyeglasses. This mascara costs about $6 Cdn. I'm in the minority here on MUA, since I know many gals really don't like it, but I think Great Lash in Blackest Black is a decent mascara for the price. If it also offered voluminizing, it would be perfect. The formula is very thin, so you really have to be careful re letting it dry. 4 out of 5 lippies rating, which is pretty good for a drugstore mascara.

on 3/20/2007 1:30:00 PM

I bought Great Lash again, recently, this time in Blackest Black, hoping that this time around, I would love it. But I still can't. The brush is this product's most redeeming quality - it's small, doesn't drag out a whole lot of product with it, and distributes as equally as it can. But it's the formula I can't get along with, as it's too watery and thin, leaving me with spidery lashes. Even with Shiseido's primer underneath, which can usually make up for any mascara's shortcomings for me, it doesn't work. Sad, because this is so inexpensive and easily attainable. For a very black mascara, I'll stick to Voluminous Carbon Black. That one has a tendency to clump, but it's workable, and gives me long, lush lashes, something this baby just can't provide.

General - This didn't do much to my straight, thin, asian eyelashes. It didn't hold a curl or make my eyelashes anymore noticeable. It made my eyelashes like spider legs and it was clumpy if I tried to make my eyelashes look more thick by applying another layer. I was pretty disappointed, I have read so many good reviews about it in magazines. It smudged sometimes when I sweat but it didn't get flakey and the tube hasn't dried out yet after six months.

Price - Fairly reasonably cheap for a tube at Shoppers Drug Mart. I think it's around $5CDN when it's on sale.

Packaging - The brush was the straight brush and fairly tiny, which I think is a good thing. The tiny brush is good for doing the bottom eyelashes. The lid part of the tube did get messy after a few uses but it didn't really bug me. The formula was alright, dark like any typical mascara and watery but not watery that it's smudging all your eyes.

Overall - If this actually did something to my eyelashes I would adore it, since it's fairly cheap and the brush is nice. Sadly, it didn't do anything fantastic. I won't be repurchasing this mascara after I finish this tube. continued >>

on 3/18/2007 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This mascara is probably the worst one I've bought. I had read in magazines it was good event though it was inexpensive. Forget about it! This mascara feels like it never dries, so I you even touch your eye for one second, mascara will all over your hand and under you eye. That was enough for me to neve ruse it again, what a waste of money!

on 3/4/2007 6:34:00 PM

WORSTTT MASCARA OUT THERE ON THE MARKET!!! idont know who even buys this crap!!

on 2/28/2007 11:46:00 AM

I don't know why magazines call this the "drugstore secret," but this mascara is horrible! The brush doesn't deliver what it's supposed to do, and the formula is super wet and loose. It doesn't lengthen, curl, volumize, or even COAT my lashes. One thing I would use it on is for lower lashes that need minimal attention.

on 2/27/2007 9:01:00 PM

OK ladies, I really put this mascara to the test! I went to a doctor's appointment on Valentine's Day for shortness of breath and was whisked into the hospital where I was kept captive on IV antibiotics for over a week. I had a half-used tube of blackest black great lash mascara in my purse, and was also wearing it that day. Sometimes (admit it - you too?) I try to get away with only putting mascara on every other day because it's so boring to apply every day - sometimes it looks fine, sometimes really awful. I have a dozen different types I bounce back and forth between trying to get a good look. Well, here I was without my Lancome, or other la-de-da fancy mascaras in the hospital. I touched up with my Great lash tube a little each day, and I am here to tell you that that mascara looked good for over a week. It didn't flake or clump - just kind of naturally wore off enough so that when I applied more it looked fresh and good. And I am no spring chicken who can look good without quite a bit of effort. Maybelline is really doing something right with this brand. My tube is worn enough that I'm not even sure if it is waterproof or not. Only the "blackest black" and "great lash" lettering still shows. But it is the green and pink smaller size tube. This is truly a worthy holy grail of a mascara! Not to bash some other more expensive brands, but jeez, there are some horrible mascaras with huge price tags out there (I will mention Lancome and Clinique as being very disappointing).

on 2/22/2007 6:24:00 PM

I had heard about this mascara before so I decided to try it for myself...terrible clumping. I wouldn't buy it again.