April 18, 2014 | 946 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Blackest Black

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2006 11:51:00 AM More reviews by skcormier

I love this mascara! I wouldn't go a day without it. It definitely gives my eyelashes the dark, dramatic look I want, and it coats really well. However, I only use this mascara over my base mascara (Maybelline Volum' Express) because I don't get the results I like using Great Lash by itself. I find when I use it alone, it doesn't lengthen my lashes or give them any curl. It simply makes them dark and, in my opinion, rather straight and bland. After experimenting with other products, I've finally found my combo! I apply two coats of Volum' Express, and then follow up with one coat of Great Lash. Using Great Lash at the end, as the top coat, gives my eyelashes the dark look I love, and it provides a wonderfully thick coat that makes them noticeable. I always receive compliments on my eyelashes and the way they look! I wouldn't trade this mascara for anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2006 11:50:00 PM More reviews by skycamefalling

I've tried pretty much every single kind/brand of mascara. Whenever they come out with new one's i'm all over it but they usually go to waste and I'm back with Maybelline's Great Lash Mascara in Blackest Black. I ALWAYS get compliments on how thick and long my eyelashes look..or I have people asking where I got my fake eyelashes because they look so real. It's funny to think that when I take off my mascara I have the shortest eyelashes ever.

If you know how to apply mascara to give the long, thick look this mascara is great and one of the cheapest. I should really stop wasting my money on all this other crap because I KNOW i'll keep coming back.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2006 6:42:00 PM More reviews by jenmae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I really wanted to love a Great Lash mascara. This is a BIT better than the normal Great Lash, but it did nothing for my skimpy lashes other than make them dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2006 9:37:00 PM More reviews by bermudabetty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gives a natural glossy black look to lashes. The Perfect budget mascara. I tend to replace mine every couple of months as it can start to leave clumps. Lovely for fresh fluffy eyelashes!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2006 4:40:00 AM More reviews by triste3030

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara because of the dark color and no clumps, but don't like how it does nothing to add volume or even length. I recommend using it on your bottom lashes to make eyes 'pop' (to make eyes stand out even more line the inside of bottom eyelid with a white eyeliner. I like applying it to already made up lashes to make lashes really black.

Overall, good for those who are in a rush to do makeup in the morning.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2006 5:19:00 PM More reviews by vandhna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ugh..ok when I first bought this mascara like the first day i loved it..and then after it didn't look as good as it did the first time i put it on..sometimes it works really well sometimes it's alright..do u guys know any good tricks for this mascara to make my eye lashes look longer? or more dramatic a good way to layer it?

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2006 1:19:00 AM More reviews by danceituphomie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

so many negative reviews.. but this actually works really well for me. it lasts all day & makes my lashes defined. my only problem is that it takes a while to dry but other than that, it's great.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2006 8:31:00 AM More reviews by s_ter88

this is one of the most horrible mascaras ive tried. and imo all drug store products are not very good. and i wonder why they arent going bankrupt.. firstly, the packaging is horrible - the mascara smudges onto the bottle tip. secondly, when i apply it, the curl droops so much! thirdly, this doesnt volumise or lenghten or keep the curl up. fourthly, this makes the lashes build up together, making it seem as though you only have about 6 lashes(because the brush is in a spiral shape). the only thing good is that it is cheap and the brush is small (so you dont get smudges on your eyelid) i would about never buy drug store products again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2006 3:10:00 AM More reviews by pillow98

I liked the color of this mascara and i liked how it made my lashes look (long and very dark), however this literally made my eyes hurt (not just sting, but hurt). I have fairly sensitive eyes though, but because of this I don't think i will be able to use it anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2006 4:49:00 PM More reviews by EyeCatcha

Used it I was very very young and boah, how it looks, the packiging very beautiful and loveliest look I love this blackest black mascara by Maybelline so much it's called Great Lash Mascara and the name blackest black is very nice love it so much absolutely beautiful look very nice