Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 7/29/2013 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

excellent product in every aspect. this is definitely in my top 5 favorite foundations of all time (and that includes high-end brands, also). i've had this foundation for months but for unknown reasons (product overload? laziness?) didn't try it until after June 20, and i was just amazed at the ease of application, the completely natural look, and the flawless wear that this foundation gave me. i love the consistency; i seem to find that my favorite foundations always have the consistency of a very thick, whipped liquid (this foundation, Armani's Designer Shaping, Carmindy's now d/c'd Natural Beauty Your Skin, Tarte's Amazonian Clay Full Coverage-- you get the point). i believe the reason that i love these particularly textured foundations is because they offer fuller yet natural looking coverage that actually melts into your skin instead of sitting on top of it like a layer of paint. back to this Colorstay Whipped Creme foundation: as you've read in several thousand reviews, it comes in a nice, heavy glass jar which i actually appreciate- although i do see the danger of dropping it on the bathroom floor and the mess that would ensue. while i prefer a pump or squeeze tube in most foundation products, this jar doesn't bother me as it allows me to use my clean BeautyBlender sponge to pick up a small amount that i can pat into my skin until the foundation disappears, taking my slightly red, uneven skintone away with it. when you think of Colorstay products, and especially when you see a thick, creamy foundation that promises full coverage, you might think that this foundation would be heavy, cakey and suffocating, but it's not at all. i guess it does depend a lot on your skin's condition, the way you prep your skin before application, and the tools you use to apply your foundation with, but for my (just turned 30 and thankfully, no wrinkles or serious issues) skin, all i need to do is exfoliate, moisturize, and use my BeautyBlender to apply small amounts of this light, whipped foundation to my uneven areas for perfect, comfortable, undetectable coverage. it also works beautifully applied lightly to my eyelids to hide discoloration i have there and works as a primer for the MAC e/s i wear in my crease when i do my everyday, black winged liner on top lashline and MAC Shale in the crease. this foundation absolutely *melds* into your own skin and you completely forget you even have it on. now let me also say that i was wearing this foundation on vacation in my hometown of Pittsburgh, PA, where it was 100% humidity and atleast 87 degrees or above, and i never felt like i had an uncomfortable coating on my skin. i just can't say enough to sing this product's praises! it stays on like iron without the usual cons of a long-wearing foundation yet washes off easily with my regular Simple foaming cleanser. it feels light on the skin yet covers pigment issues like a dream without leaving tell-tale visible "makeup-y" signs behind. i'm a MAC NC15-20 and i wear shade 150 BUFF which is a perfect match to my winter skin, but too light for my skin right now while i'm faux-tanning. the only slight con that i can see with this foundation is the fact that i had to pay $14 for it, which i just think is ridiculous because these days the drugstore prices are consistently creeping up day-by-day to match the prices of the high-end makeup counters! thank god for brands like ELF, Wet'n'Wild and Jordana. although i don't love the high price of this foundation, i do have to say that it's worth every penny (and more). Revlon really hit it out of the park this time. if you're thinking of trying this foundation, i say absolutely go for it! you won't be sorry, and if you are, that's what a receipt's for.

on 7/29/2013 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is pretty good, you'll hate it you don't apply it correctly, I find it's best to use a stippling brush and buff it into your skin, it's thick and provides good coverage and A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY, if you use too much you'll have bad cake face. Wouldn't get this is you have dry skin...it has a matte finish, all and all if you use little of this product and apply it right you'll get medium to heavy coverage and a nice natural finish

on 7/29/2013 4:43:00 AM

Disappointed Much!

For NC25 girls, you gotta believe me!

I wanted to love this product. I've been contemplating to buy it for months. After I finished my bottle of Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow, I thought it's time to try this out! I'm asian, a natural NC25 and Petal in Benefit (Perfect shade for me and it's brightening!). I bought Warm Golden (cause the internet says so) and Natural Ochre (cause the saleslady forced me to).

Went home and applied it immediately. Both were awful especially the Natural Ochre cause it was too light. I looked really dull and gray. It's worse when I'm under daylight. I even mixed the two and it's hopeless! I looked pink and grey just terrible. I already saw a review here warning NC25 girls and the stubborn me just didn't listen. Now I have to sell these two tubs cause stores here in the Philippines don't accept returns.

Cheap but still a waste of money! Will be buying Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow for the 3rd time. HG foundation right now.

on 7/28/2013 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this foundation after reading some positive reviews and I am very happy with it so far. I got the shade 220 nude and it matched my nc20 skin pretty good. I have oily and sensitive skin and this didn't cause any breakouts. The coverage is medium-full and has a matte finish which I really liked. I wore this to work and it stayed matte and didn't allow oil on my t-zones to shine through. Such a great value and will continue to use!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

After being very disappointed with my purchase of Revlon ColorStay 24 hr foundation I thought I would give is a try. My local Priceline also had a 14 money back guarantee on this product so I had nothing to lose!!

I purchased this foundation in Buff. I love the texture of this product, it is very easily to apply (I use my fingers) and blend, and has a good level of coverage to correct my red cheeks and under eye circles. The finish is very natural, and gives my skin a healthy glow. It also has a strong lasting power, staying put from morning to after work drinks.

The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging. The glass jar is very heavy and awkward to use (it can get messy!) The tester product at Priceline was in a tube and was much easier to use.

on 7/26/2013 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

nc-40=natural tan. Yes perfect match. I have oily skin. This works wonders. Keeps me matte plus+8 hours a day. Use my real techniques brush. Flawless !

on 7/26/2013 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have been searching for a less expensive foundation for awhile. I love the coverfx line but I find that it just does not stay on for more than 4 hours. It was breaking up in my T zone because I have combination skin by lunch time every day. My skin is also acne prone so I was very hesitant to try this foundation. I tried the color stay line years ago and I'm not really sure why I left it. I put this on yesterday and my husband could not stop staring at me and complimenting me. It covers my acne scars and hyper-pigmentation very well. I barely had to use concealer with this foundation. My skin looked really good in this foundation! I also live in the south where it is hot and humid and ran all kinds of errands wearing this foundation including chasing around two small children. The foundation did not slide off or break up despite hot weather and humidity. When I applied it I used my fingers to dab it on and then I set it with MUFE HD translucent setting powder to ensure it wouldn't go anywhere. I also like a matte finish and this looked slightly dewy at first. At first I thought the shade natural beige was just a little too pink/light for me. But it oxidizes as it sets. And, I am impressed that after 10 hours of wear this foundation was still on my T-zone and had not broken up. When I took it off it came off easily with a makeup remover. I was worried I would wake up with a breakout. But I didn't. The downside of this foundation is that it feels heavier than I am used to and there is a long list unnatural ingredients that include silicones . But it does not seem to have zinc oxide and uses titanium dioxide instead. This was important for me since I have reactions to zinc oxide. I'm also not sure how much spf this has in it, since it isn't labeled. But, I use a natural moisturizer with spf so it's ok by me. I will report back if it causes me to break out. But at 11 dollars this foundation is a steal of a deal compared to higher end expensive foundations that do not stay. This foundation claims to stay on for 24 hours and I don't want to test that claim. But I am happy that it stayed on in southern heat and humidity on my oily/combination skin for 10 hours.

on 7/26/2013 3:45:00 AM

I have such a love hate relationship with this product. I very fair skin and originally purchased it in the color ivory. It was too pink toned for my skin, which is okay because it caters to different skin undertones, but it oxidized throughout the day to a lovely orange shade. I actually repurchased this product once, this time in the color buff. Buff is a perfect neutral noy pink and not yellow toned color that will suit skin from light pale to medium fair skin, and it did not oxidize AT all. i would say the coverage is medium to lightish. The formua is cool but you have to set it with a powder. It does last a long time and doesn't get cakey. Te packaging however is horrendous. It comes in a huge glass jar that's probably 75% glass, 25% product. It looks chic but is very bulky, big, and had to travel with. Its around 12 dollars-14 dollars which s a bit steep.

on 7/26/2013 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I first purchased this because there was so much hype surrounding it. As a fan of the original Colorstay formula, I figured it was worth a try. I used my Real Techniques Buffing and Expert Face brushes for application and felt that this clung to every dry patch on my face and looked thick and cakey on my skin. I stopped using it for months.

After purchasing a BeautyBlender, I decided to give it another try and was shocked at the effectiveness of this method! A damp BB really seems to sheer out the product to the perfect consistency while still covering surface redness, my primary reason for wearing foundation. It really made a huge difference for me. I've been wearing it to work for long, sweaty, double shifts and it holds up well, although be careful not to rub your face because you may start to rub the product off, but it doesn't just melt away. My skin is a lot drier in the winter so I'll be interested to see if the damp BB sponge method works then but it's a great summer foundation for me-- a mostly matte finish with good coverage but not so full that you look flat.

Like the original Colorstay, I find Ivory (the lightest shade) to be a decent match for my skin. It's more on the pink side but I can make it work as my undertones are neutral.

I can't, in good conscience, give this 5 stars just because it did take some trial and error and I'm not sure how useful it will be to me once my skin turns into a desert again, but I am grateful that I bought it as it's working great right now. I think this is incredibly affordable for the amount of product you get which is packaged in a heavy, glass jar. Compare it to Laura Mercier's Creme Smooth Foundation which is $50. It's even more of a steal if you can get it when Revlon is on sale (sometimes Ulta has 40% off).

In closing, I would recommend this but you may have to try several application methods to get it to work for you.

on 7/26/2013 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I know many love this foundation, but I just couldn't make it work for me.

I'm NC20-25, pretty yellow. I knew Buff (150) was yellow, but that it was for NC15-20. Sand Beige (200) seemed to be much more neutral/beige/pink, and I've seen it for NC20-25 or just NC25. I randomly came across Natural Ochre (180) on Target's website, which you can only get online. After doing some research, I realized this might be the best color for me. Indeed, it does seem to be a good "general Asian" shade. That is, light and rather yellow. I would put it at NC20-25, not really NC20, but not really NC25 either. Imo, it is closer to NC20, though an NC25 could wear it. I didn't notice any color change, as it never oxidized on me.

In terms of consistency, I thought this formula felt a bit thick. It wasn't heavy on my skin, but it wasn't as light as I thought it would be. Personally, I just found it so hard to work with. It would accentuate every dry patch on my face -- even ones I didn't know existed. A damp BB didn't help and I've exfoliated beforehand, but nothing seems to do it. To be fair, I have dehydrated skin, and others don't have my problem. In addition, I've always used it under Shisiedo's Urban Enviro cream, which might be making my cheeks a bit more flaky.
I also found that this foundation never quite dried down. It always felt a little moist/sticky on my skin. The good thing is that it had some pretty good coverage. I wouldn't say it is a solid full, but it comes pretty close.

I can't really say anything about oil control or lasting powder since I haven't found a good way to wear this, but I will update if I do figure it out.