December 22, 2014 | 1692 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by ILove1031

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this makeup. Let me start by saying I have very fair skin; there have been countless Twilight jokes made about my skin, and it's hard to find a good match for my skintone. The lightest shade, ivory, blends seamlessly with my skin. I get medium coverage using this on its own, and full coverage when I put my powder foundation over it. The packaging is a little clunky (big glass jar) and I paid about $16 USD for .8 ounces of product. However, I don't need much of the product to get good coverage, unlike the liquid colorstay, which I needed to layer to get medium coverage. When I first put it on, it felt very heavy, but after I blended and set it with powder, it felt very smooth and light. This also makes my skin look gorgeous in photos.
The colorstay whipped can end up looking cakey, but I've been able to avoid it caking up by blending it with a brush and using a moisturizer underneath. It does stick to dry patches, so I recommend exfoliating beforehand. I will buy it again for the fabulous shade selection and coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by reddbone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok So when this foundation came out I saw all this hype on youtube and every single review I saw had positive views. So I went and picked up this foundation. I first got the shade 320 Natural Tan. While this color had a good enough yellow undertone, it was too light. Then I picked up the Caramel shade and this was too dark. So I picked up the in between shade called Rich Ginger, After first applying this foundation I realized it was like putting cake batter on my face, But I still wore it because it got such great reviews. I thought my skin was looking flawless as I stepped out but then I saw myself in a mirrow in daylight. This foundation is so freaking pink. It made me look sick. I had a yellow chest and pink face. But I was desperate to make it work so I kept wearing it. This foundation made me break out soooo bad. It gave me systic acne. Huge boil things on my cheeks. They were the size of blue berrys. That was when I finally gave up on this piece of sh!t that so many people liked. This was also $16 which is a lot for a drug store product I purchased mine at walgreens. TI did like the packaging though. Thank you for reading my crazy long post.

8 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by yonkers19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

When I first bought this I was SO EXCITED! I had heard so many rave reviews about Revlon Colorstay. Now, I have normal skin, no acne, a bit of redness around my cheeks, and some occasional spots. At first when I put it on it felt very HEAVY. I didn't think too much of it and just blended it out. From far away it made my skin look FLAWLESS. Definitely a satin finish. But once I got a tad bit closer, I noticed that in random areas around my nose and it lips, it looked incredibly cakey and almost patch-like. I figured I may have just applied too much (even though I used a small amount of product to begin with) and just used a beauty blender to buff away. This didn't work, it remained patchy. (Also the next day I decided to wear a moisturizer and primer underneath with very little foundation and it STILL remained patchy) Now when I first applied the product I LOVED that it matched my skin-tone PERFECTLY in every light (natural, bathroom, store) but after wearing it for a few hours it turned into a strange almost purple-ish hue. I have a neutral to warm undertone and it came out purple only after wearing it for a few hours. As the day went on, it turned even more of an ashy-gray color giving me the appearance of wearing a mask.
Overall, I would definitely not re-purchase and after reading reviews of how it may make you breakout, I'd steer clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by allyson85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Colorstay is one of my holy grail products and I love this version of it. It's a mousse and I find the color selection more neutral then the bottle. It takes a bit of practice to find the right amount of product to use. The texture of it makes you think you need more then what you actually do. I like to put a little on my finger tip (maybe the size of a dime) and put it on the back of my hand (so it gets a little warm) and then tap it on my face with my fingers followed by buffing it in with a real techniques expert face brush. It sounds like a lot of steps but I find that it really helps to minimize product overload. It doesn't set as fast as the liquid version but it can look just as cakey if you apply to much product. The longevity of this foundation is amazing like the liquid. It lasts about 5 to 6 hours on my oily skin without a primer and longer with a primer. It doesn't last as long as the liquid but it's pretty close. I do have pretty oily skin so it breaks it down a bit fast. It covers up redness and blemishes. You can make this a full coverage but I find that it doesn't set properly on oily skin ( it might work better on drier skin). The shade range numbers don't match the bottle version. I wear 200 nude in the bottle and 220 in the whipped. I find the whipped is more on the neutral tone and the 200 is more yellow. My concealers work awesome (for those gnarly blemishes) with this and cream blushes as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Kaaatieedd

Bought this about 2 months ago. I am in shade Early Tan. It has been hot recently and I swear by this i will feel like I'm sweating so much and I come home and it still looks the same as when I put it on. The application makes my skin look flawless although when I am going to wear this foundation I do not moisturize because I found it made me look extremely oily alot quicker. The packaging absolutely sucks if I twist it too right the inside started to crack. I also travel alot and I do not recommend traveling with this. It is glass and if it moves around in your bag you will open it And all the foundation and settled to one side. The only bad thing I have to say is packaging other than that this foundation is beautiful and I will definitely buy again and again!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by chrononaut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this after the rave reviews. It felt amazing going on my skin but once I blended it all over, my face looked very powdery even after I moisturized and primed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I am unsure if I will re-purchase this product. I put yes though.

I bought this in Buff which is a pretty good match for my skin for $17 at Walmart.
Pros:
Great coverage.
Long lasting
Good colour choices
Pretty good price.

Cons:
Cakey, even on my oily skin
Tends to separate on my skin even with primer (I use Pixi or Revlon photoready)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

After seeing numerous positive reviews of this product on YouTube and other sites, I decided to give it a try. I did not quite know what to expect. This is first and only creme foundation I have ever tried. All the other foundations I have used have been liquids. This product lasts all day, and I do not think the price is too bad. It is not dirt cheap, but it is definitely not the most expensive drugstore product out there either.

I really do not like the jar that this product comes in. I have read other reviews that complained it is not very sanitary. But that is not why I do not like it. First, the jar very small. You get less than an ounce of product. I used this product every day for about a month and half. I threw it out this morning. The jar was over 3/4 empty. This product comes in a jar that is make of very thick glass. this makes it really hard to determine which shade is right for you. A lot of the lighter shades look very similar through the glass. I have light-medium skin and look best in makeup with neutral undertones. Yellow undertones tend to make me look dead or sickly, and red undertones tend to turn very orange. You are able to see only a sliver of the actual product. When you purchase this foundation, it comes with a plastic seal. So you can't even open the jar to what the color is actually like. I normally don't have any problem finding my right shade. I sure did this time. I purchased this product in shade 220 Nude. It wasn't just a little bit too light. It was WAY too light.

My skin is super oily and super sensitive. I also have quite a bit of redness and bumpiness on my face. When I opened the jar, I got a little nervous. The texture of this makeup is very strange. Even though this product is described as a creme, in my opinion it's not. But it's not really a liquid either. It's somewhere in between. It took me a while to figure out what the texture of this makeup reminded me of. It reminds me of a thick, wet, mud. It is not easy to spread, and it is super easy to apply too much. If you do, you can definitely tell. It takes about a hour to fully set and absorb into the skin. But even after it sets, it still feels very thick and heavy on your face. It looks and feels like you are wearing a mask. It does not allow the skin to breath at all. It didn't break me out, but it made the bumps on my face really stand out. Not exactly what I was hoping for. Even after it is given time to absorb, it still does not look very natural. It also has a very matte finish. I do not mind a matte finish as long as it looks natural.

I loved this foundation up until about a week ago. Within a two day period, I had two separate people (my aunt and my mom) tell me they did not think this foundation was right for me. My aunt said that it was very thick and pasty looking. My mom told me it was too light, too thick, and really made the bumps on my face stand out. At first, my feelings were hurt. I thought this makeup looked great on my face. But after I stopped using it, and went back to my Boots No 7 Beautifully Matte liquid, I realized they were right. In my opinion, the Boots is a much better foundation than this one. The Boots is a perfect match for my skin, lasts all day, gives me a smooth, natural look, spreads and blends very easily, and costs only a few dollars more.

Because of the bumps and redness on my face, which has always made me feel very self-conscious, I thought I needed a full coverage foundation. But I've tried several full-coverage foundations (this one, Amazonian Clay, and Estee Lauder Double Wear) and haven't liked any of them. Full coverage foundations tend to be very thick and heavy. They are not easy to blend or work with. A full coverage foundation can look pasty and mask-like very easily. I have realized that I would probably be better with a medium coverage foundation.

EDIT: 6/19/14
I really like Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Foundation. But that will be my fall/winter foundation. It just doesn't work for summer. When it's very hot and humid, it melts away and looks pretty much awful. When I used this foundation in the past, I wore it when I walked in a 5k. I got rained on and was sweating. Afterwards, I was almost afraid to look in a mirror. I thought my makeup would look awful. Amazingly, it didn't.

I've learned a couple of important things since the last time I used this foundation. First, this time around, I purchased a different shade. I remembered 220 Nude was way too light, so I went two shades darker and purchased Shade 240 Natural Beige. I read somewhere online that shades that have beige in the name tend to me more neutral. That is what looks best on me. I would describe my skintone as light-medium. I'm not extremely pale, but I am the lightest medium shade usually. The Natural Beige worked was a much better match for me than the Nude.

2nd, I've learned that when it comes to applying this makeup, less is definitely more. You really don't need to use much at all to get really good coverage. It also works best if you apply in sections with your fingers. One or two small dots in each area is really all you need. If you apply too much, it will definitely look cakey. But if you use it sparingly, you can achieve great coverage, and a very natural finish. It's also important to blend it in very well.

This is a great foundation for summer. If you apply it right, you can't even feel it on your face. I wore it today, and it was very humid. I went for a walk, and then spent quite a while hanging my laundry out on the line. I was sweating quite a bit. This foundation didn't melt or run at all, even though I was literally dripping with sweat. This foundation will stay on until you take it off. This is definitely going to be my go-to summer foundation.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by dididi8318

Just repurchased this product. I'm definitely a fan. The packaging is awful, but the product itself is pretty great. I just wear it over moisturizer and use my fingers. I haven't really tried applying the product with something other than my hands, but I'm happy with the results that are achieved from using my hands. I do wish the finish was a little more matte, but that's not a dealbreaker for me. The consistency is nice and creamy and easy to work with. I don't like to have a very thick layer at all with my foundation so I can't really comment on the buildability, but just applying a thin layer with my fingers gives me medium coverage. It doesn't last as long as I would like, but it still lasts several hours and I also don't use anything to set it. I can hardly feel it on my face and although it provides pretty nice coverage, I consider it a nice, light foundation. Definitely a product I would purchase over and over again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by alyxayavong

I really wanted to love this product but I had too many cons. The number 1 being that it BROKE ME OUT. I've tried going back to it in hopes maybe it wasn't the product but every time I did it broke me out. Another con is it takes a while for it to set into your skin. My bronzer and blush wouldnt apply as smoothly. BUT it does look better the longer you wear it. And it does last a lot longer than most foundations. This is just my personal experience, I would not repurchase.