October 21, 2014 | 2072 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by ktu64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My initial reaction to these were that they were nothing special, but I find myself reaching for my revlon lip butters more and more often. I own 3 (red velvet, candy apple and fig jam) and I'd have to say candy apple is my favourite, but I do use fig jam more often and carry it around with me.
What I love about these: they are easy to apply, can layer for different opacities, are moisturizing, the colours are very flattering, basically they look and feel great. Fantastic pigmentation in the ones that I got, and gorgeous colour array. Much more moisturizing than lipstick! And no funky smells (I'm looking at you, revlon moon drops). Classy looking packaging.
What I don't love as much: They don't last a long time, I usually get an hour-2 hours tops. Also, the lid is so long and you only have a little tiny bit to pull the lipstick out with. And of course, if I'm just going for a sheer wash of colour, the lip butters can feel a bit heavy so I go with a different tinted balm or a lip stain.Not much fun in the summer, as they get heavy and melty, but I can't wait to get a ton more use out of them in the fall!
I'd give these 4.5 lippies, but I'll round up ro 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by clara26

Glides onto your lips be-e-a-uuutifulllyyyy!!!! I purchased 001 Pink Truffle which is a lovely mild pink on my complexion. The shine is great. Love this product for day time but it would transition into night time nicely. I would definitely buy other colours and repurchase the one I already have. I love the packaging as well, its really cute and fun to have in my makeup bag. Everyone should try this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by sugarissweet21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product in Strawberry Shortcake.
Color: Beautiful color. It is a nice pink that isn't extremely bright or too light colored. It doesn't wash out my skin or make me look dead. Not extremely pigmented, but it is buildable. I actually like this a lot because I am not really into lipsticks that much. It gives a nice wash of color while still looking like it is natural.
Texture: Very smooth texture. A bit glossy or kind of like a lip balm. I would say the texture feels a bit like the Nivea moisture lip balm. It glides on nicely and doesn't dry into any cracks in your lips.
Packaging: Grrrr. I love the looks of the package. It's helpful to have the outer shell to match the color of the lipstick. I don't enjoy opening the package. It's hard to open because there is so little to hold onto on the one end. But I guess I'll just have to suffer with that. Beauty is pain, right?
Staying power: Lasts about 1.5 hours. Not too great, but because it is so much like a gloss or lip balm, it hardly takes any effort to reapply. Also, adding extra layers will not make it look clumpy or give you that "dead skin" lip look.
Overall: I would definitely recommend this product. I actually got this for a little over four dollars with a coupon and a store discount. I wouldn't pay full price for it, but if you wait for a sale, it's definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by beautyglitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just love these lip butters!!! I have nine of them now, and I wear at least one of them every single day. They are moisturizing, but have the color of lipstick, and I hate lipstick b/c they are usually very drying. But these lip butters are nice and feel great on my lips. I never have had any problems with them. They apply evenly on me, don't ball up around the edges of my lips when they wear off, and they don't leave dry, flaky patches on my lips like lipsticks do. Before these, i was strictly a lipgloss girl. So you know that if i am wearing these everyday, they have to be great!! I already have two backups of my favorite lip butters, and I will definalty be repurchasing as long as they make these!! And what's even better, I have some verrrry sheer lipglosses that i wasn't really a fan of, but when i wear a lip butter under a gloss like that, it is so beautiful and glossy. These are GREAT!! I definaltey reccomend!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by jaylyn85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Revlon lip butters remind me of Mac creme sheen lipsticks. They have a very glossy shine to them and are very pigmented. Some reviewers have described these lipsticks as tinted lip balms but in my opinion that is not a correct comparison. Aside from the glossy shine these lipsticks have, I don't particularly find them all too moisturizing. You really need to exfoliate your lips before applying any of these lips sticks as they tend to cling to chapped lips. The wear time for these are about 2 hours but you could extend this by wearing a lip liner underneath them. In Australia these retail for $21, which in my opinion is ridiculous, I had to purchase mine on Ebay so the price was still much higher then to be desired.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by alaras

I absolutely adore this product. So moisturising and the colour pay off is amazing. It's basically a lipstick. It reminds me of Clinique Butter Shine line which I love. I wish lip butters came in more colours. There are about 7 or 8 colours available in the UK I think and some are pretty strong and some are just too sheer... All in all Revlon has great lip products.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by mimisang

I just bought this in Strawberry Shortcake and i love the pink shade on me. Very creamy and moisturising. Great product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by truebluelady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this in peach parfait, sugar frosting and, candy apple. I love the feel of it on my normal dry lips. They are beautiful colors that complement my skin tone. I will be buying this in more colors. any suggestions? =]

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by supppchelsea

very moisturizing and opaque!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by IttybittyRee

I waited until I could try at least 3 colors to write a review and I am so happy that I now have 3 new colors that I love. I first bought Cotton Candy, a light pink with just a touch of golden shimmer, beautiful for everyday and not an in your face color. The next one I picked up was Sweet Tart and this is going to fill a void I have had in my lip line up that I have been looking to fill forever, it is my perfect barbie pink! The last one I grabbed was Cherry Tart (I guess the tarts work for me!) and this is the same as with the Sweet Tart, filling a void (I'll get to that in a second) and is a great everyday red. First off I have to say I am the queen of lip products and I have tried EVERYTHING. Balm, gloss, stick, hybrids, you name it, I've tried it, but these lip butters get a big fat A+ from me. They are moisturizing, but are pigmented enough that they will complete your look. I say the Cherry Tart and Sweet Tart are filling a void for me because I love wearing bold color during the day, but hate having it wear away at work where I can't always get in a touch-up. These provide me the color I want in an easy to use balm, needing to be less precise than with a lipstick, but when they wear away they leave an even stain of color, not the globby settled-into-lines nasty look that worn off lipstick does. Being a no fuss balm, when I can re apply it is quick and effortless. I don't seem to find that they are drying like many other people have said, but then again I swear chapstick products dry my whole face off so I think it's to be expected some people have bad reactions with a product. The packaging is okay, it's not quite as sophisticated feeling as it could be, heavier plastic may have been nice, but everyone wants to be 'green' these days and use less packaging. I agree with a lot of people saying opening the tube can be awkward as there is only a tiny amount of the actual tube to grab onto with the cap taking up about 80% of the length. I can suffer that as long as the product is worth it. The price is okay depending on where you find it. I didn't pay over seven dollars for any of these, taking advantage of sales or going to big-box stores to buy them. For a drugstore lip product there are less and more expensive, these are pretty middle of the road. Overall I think these were a great buy, I love love love the colors I have, find them moisturizing and comfortable to wear, with a satisfactory wear for a color enriched balm. I definitely recommend picking one up, especially for summer! :)